Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

[quote name='lokizz']the eye of indra dlc is out this week in a bundle and it will include those 2 skins that were suposed to come out with it last time. $2.49 for the bundle.[/QUOTE]

I almost bought them last week for $.99 each but I'm glad they just bundled it and saved me 50 whole cents.:lol:

[quote name='drummer_nrg']Correct: you can trade weapons in the game. In case it wasn't clear, here's some more detail.

Say you want to trade the Hammer (considered a long barrel weapon, not a hand held weapon): just go over to another long barrel weapon on the map (say a FAL or AK), pick it up and that will drop the Hammer onto the ground, then tell your team mate to pick up the Hammer before the opposing team does.

Someone would have to pick it up within a certain amount of time before it respawns or expires, because some weapons do not respawn on maps (like the GAU).

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

i know you can do that but thats not the same as what im suggesting. its all good i know it wont happen not to ention its always easier to go to the spot at the beginning of the game and wait. more times than not someone who has launchman will go for it first. kill them and then take it.

[quote name='Vinny']I almost bought them last week for $.99 each but I'm glad they just bundled it and saved me 50 whole cents.:lol:[/QUOTE]

2.49 is a decent price since you get the comics and he skins although i wonder what they will do for those people who ought all the comics when they were first released. damn my luck im hoping to have my ps3 up and running again by wednesday so i can pick this up and kick some ass with colonel sanders.

I wish my ps3 didn't have to go and break. I've been missing playing this game and had been waiting on that bundle forever. This is easily one of my top 3 ps3 games for single player and online.

I'm not a very good player, so I get my ass kicked easily in multiplayer. I think I need to play with people I know so I can get better.

I played by myself most of the time but am friends with that dude Guns who is 5th in winning percentage. But I only played like 30 games with him because he was constantly in 5 people groups. My kd is about 1.7 but thats only because I used to get naded and shot in the back with a shotgun for like half of my deaths. The one thing with this game is they have tweaked it so much after it came out that deathmatches play completely different than they used to and it makes the game not quite as fun as it used to be. The only thing I really approve of is weakening the grenades and nerfing the fal cause I just run around shooting people with a 9mm and some jokesters that know the maps just camp behind walls with an automatic sniper. I hate when people kill me in games when I don't have any range. I started using the FAL a little but it is too cheap especially when 3 people on your team have it. Now the Ak is easily the most powerful weapon and when I think about that the game really isn't as fun as it used to be.

Mark your calendars for Thursday, April 22. That’s when our latest DLC release for UNCHARTED 2, the Siege Expansion Pack, goes up for sale on the PlayStation Network Store. Full details on what’s inside the Siege Expansion Pack below.

Siege cooperative game type
An arena co-op game type where two to three players defend a marked territory within a map against waves of NPC opponents. At the end of every round, the territory will change locations within the map and the NPC opponents will increase in difficultly. The only way you can score co-op points is to have all your players within the captured territory, all while being assaulted by NPC opponents.

2 maps

The Highrise
Towering over the streets of Nepal, The Highrise is a map with plenty of opportunities for players to get the high ground on their opponents. Set on a series of destroyed and under-construction buildings, players need to be on their toes as there are many different jump locations and paths around the map. Players should also watch out for the incoming airstrikes, as they can clear the rooftops in seconds.

The Museum
Set at dusk amongst the courtyards and display cases at the site of Drake and Flynn’s heist, The Museum provides players with a mix of intense gameplay covering traversing across rooftops, dodging gunfire through twisting corridors, and close quarters fighting. Players need to watch their backs as there are numerous flank routes in all parts of this circular map. Players should also learn the secret climbing routes that will allow them to get the drop on their opponents.

6 multiplayer skins

• Wetsuit Drake
  • Baseball Shirt Drake
  • Prakoso
  • Platzor
  • Glowzor
  • Dead Explorer
11 Trophies

• Bronze
    • You Can’t Break Me – Complete all 3 co-op objective maps on Crushing
    • Under Siege – Finish Wave 10 in 1 Siege game
    • Speedy – Get 10 First! Medals
    • I’ll Cover You – Get 50 Defender Medals
    • Fallen Angel – Get 50 Afterlife Medals
    • Not So Fast – Get 20 “Shut’em Down Medals
    • Jack of All Trades – Get 15 Triple Threat Medals
    • You Run, I’ll Shoot – Get 10 Protectorate Medals
    • Back At Ya – Get 50 Retaliation Medals
    • Kneel Before Z… – Get 5 Put-em Down Medals
  • Silver
Rock a Rhyme – Get 100 Tricky Medals

We’ve put screenshots of The Museum and The Highrise, a few Siege gameplay images and character renders of all the new multiplayer skins in the Siege Expansion Pack Set on our Flickr page.

The PlayStation.Blog.Europe has all the information, including pricing, for our fans in Europe.

Shortly prior to the when the Siege Expansion Pack goes on sale, Title Update 1.07 will be released. We’ll provide more info what’s in Title Update 1.07 as we get closer to release. For those of you wondering—this title update won’t make any changes to bring multiplayer back to pre-1.04—but, there are some great updates in that we’re pretty certain you’ll like quite a bit!

Source

I thought they were also coming out with 4 maps too, but maybe ND meant 4 maps in total? The 2 from last dlc pack, and these 2 new maps coming out.

Either way I can't wait! Cags feel free to add me if your game. :)

[quote name='Kalmaholic']I thought they were also coming out with 4 maps too, but maybe ND meant 4 maps in total? The 2 from last dlc pack, and these 2 new maps coming out.

Either way I can't wait! Cags feel free to add me if your game. :)[/QUOTE]

nope i remember the breakdown it was definelty supposed to be 4. if anything i guess id go for the maps since the skins look stupid imo.

Is anyone else having problems connecting to multiplayer? I either get an error syncing models problem or it takes like 15 minutes to connect and then I'm booted out.

[quote name='Rafael122']Is anyone else having problems connecting to multiplayer? I either get an error syncing models problem or it takes like 15 minutes to connect and then I'm booted out.[/QUOTE]

I've come across this problem a few times. What I simply did was quit game, and then relog back into psn. After that start Uncharted 2, and go to multiplayer. It will still take a while to connect since it has to sync data(which does take ridiculously long :( ), this is usually done only the first time you connect to Uncharted 2 multiplayer on your ps3 system. (from what I've noticed)

Also on a side note if you do reformat your ps3, and try to log back in you will have to wait it out while connecting to the multiplayer, since the syncing process has to be done again.

Hope this helps. :)

[quote name='lokizz']nope i remember the breakdown it was definelty supposed to be 4. if anything i guess id go for the maps since the skins look stupid imo.[/QUOTE]

The Siege Expansion pack includes everything mentioned. From EU blog from the link I posted: " The pack includes 6 character skins, a new co-op game mode for 2-3 players, 2 new maps and 11 additional Trophies (10 Bronze and 1 Silver)." I'll get it to add more replay value with the trophies since I just recently got all the DLC ones 4 days ago.

[quote name='Supplice']The Siege Expansion pack includes everything mentioned. From EU blog from the link I posted: " The pack includes 6 character skins, a new co-op game mode for 2-3 players, 2 new maps and 11 additional Trophies (10 Bronze and 1 Silver)." I'll get it to add more replay value with the trophies since I just recently got all the DLC ones 4 days ago.[/QUOTE]

so they wont be splitting this up like they did with the last dlc ( where you could choose between skins, maps or both )? damn that really sucks. i dont like some of the trophies theyve been adding either since it makes you have to play all the modes that is if you want them.

ive been checking their blog out since my consoles demise and they still havent said anything about dealing with glitchers. though they keep saying they are working on the spawn issues.

[quote name='lokizz']though they keep saying they are working on the spawn issues.[/QUOTE]

If this is true than hallelujah! I find the majority of my deaths are from people spawning right behind me :bomb:

[quote name='Interstella 5555']If this is true than hallelujah! I find the majority of my deaths are from people spawning right behind me :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Ice Cave *cough* *cough*

Ice Caves, everyone just spawns in the villain's area frequently. It made for absolutely tough Plunder matches when I was playing with my team. Plaza, its common for everyone to spawn across from each other depending on the corner of the villains or hero's spawn areas. Sanctuary is terrible since people spawn behind you, especially near the spawn areas. Those three maps are my top peeves for spawn issues. Anyway, spawn points were fine until the recent update, I have no clue as to why they would mess with them in the first place.

[quote name='Kalmaholic']I've come across this problem a few times. What I simply did was quit game, and then relog back into psn. After that start Uncharted 2, and go to multiplayer. It will still take a while to connect since it has to sync data(which does take ridiculously long :( ), this is usually done only the first time you connect to Uncharted 2 multiplayer on your ps3 system. (from what I've noticed)

Also on a side note if you do reformat your ps3, and try to log back in you will have to wait it out while connecting to the multiplayer, since the syncing process has to be done again.

Hope this helps. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. It worked once, now I get "error downloading config file." I've been playing MP every day for the past 2 weeks or so and it's been acting up since Thursday. I'm not sure what else to do.

I found a solution to error connecting to authentication server. Sometimes I would quit the game or it froze and I couldn't get back into the multi-player. I found a fix for it. Can't believe it was that easy either.

Posted a blog about it. Not sure how many people have this problem,but I wanted to help out for the people that did.

I hadn't played Uncharted 2 for a few months and I started it up last night to play some multiplayer on a whim. I figured there would be an update and there was. After the update installed the game just hung at the black loading screen with the dagger in the corner forever. Had to force quit the game using PS, the system beeped at me then went back to the main PS3 screen. Tried to launch the game again and the same thing happened. This is the first time this has ever happened with any game and basically the only problem I have ever had with my PS3. It's a 120 GB CECHPxx (Uncharted Bundle) fat model.

[quote name='powersofi']I hadn't played Uncharted 2 for a few months and I started it up last night to play some multiplayer on a whim. I figured there would be an update and there was. After the update installed the game just hung at the black loading screen with the dagger in the corner forever. Had to force quit the game using PS, the system beeped at me then went back to the main PS3 screen. Tried to launch the game again and the same thing happened. This is the first time this has ever happened with any game and basically the only problem I have ever had with my PS3. It's a 120 GB CECHPxx (Uncharted Bundle) fat model.[/QUOTE]

Mines done that before. Only game as well it did it with. Mine had some finger prints on the disc. I cleaned them off and it was fine. If that isn't your case just try it a couple of times and it should get past it.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']If this is true than hallelujah! I find the majority of my deaths are from people spawning right behind me :bomb:[/QUOTE]

A lot of my deaths come from me respawning right in front of the opposing team. They're already shooting at me before I can even move.

One game I played, an opposing player and I respawned at the exact same time in the exact same location and he promptly killed me!!!! :bomb:

[quote name='powersofi']I hadn't played Uncharted 2 for a few months and I started it up last night to play some multiplayer on a whim. I figured there would be an update and there was. After the update installed the game just hung at the black loading screen with the dagger in the corner forever. Had to force quit the game using PS, the system beeped at me then went back to the main PS3 screen. Tried to launch the game again and the same thing happened. This is the first time this has ever happened with any game and basically the only problem I have ever had with my PS3. It's a 120 GB CECHPxx (Uncharted Bundle) fat model.[/QUOTE]

That happened the very first time I booted the game. Quit out of it and then rebooted and it worked. 80GB Phat if you're wondering

[quote name='jman619']Just ran into a game. Where 2 people on the other team was glitching. Can't they fix that shit? It really hurts the game.[/QUOTE]

they say they are looking into known issues with glitching and working on fixing them but i dont know. seems like everytime they go in to improve or fix things the game comes out worse for it.if anything i think they should either make a place where you can send in video proof of people glitching so they get banned from the game or get rid of the game quitting penalty because it sucks to get stuck in a game like that especially if its a team of glitchers.

now that i think about it i dont think theres one level in the games mp that you cant glitch. and if youve ever chekced the nd blog alot of people complain about these kinds of things but they just ignore those posts for the most part or give lame responses.

[quote name='jman619']Mines done that before. Only game as well it did it with. Mine had some finger prints on the disc. I cleaned them off and it was fine. If that isn't your case just try it a couple of times and it should get past it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I cleaned it off and rebooted and it worked like a charm. I usually keep my games in pristine condition but there were some mysterious fingerprints on the disc. Gonna go for a Crushing! playthrough now. One of the last trophies I need.

Anyone enjoying the multiplayer DLC? MP was always a bit laggy and inaccurate for me although enjoyable if you were on a good run. Trying to decide whether I want to sell the game after I platinum it or keep it around for MP.

I don't know if anyone's experienced this yet, but I've just played a match where a player was glitching in the Temple map. I went to cinema mode to see what he had done. I saw that he had went to the stair room leading up to the shotgun area, and hid behind a single crate at the bottom. He jumped over the crate and into the wall. So at that point he proceeded to shoot from behind the wall, where we would have no way getting him.

I tried to recreate it but failed, I just couldn't pull it off. It seems this glitch is also doable on the villains side of the Village map. :bomb:

What other glitches have you guys run into? Besides the obvious Fort map, or what I like to call it the gay football field :lol:.

had a guy sniping at me and the others on my team way the fuck out there on the sanctuary. he was actually on the roof of one of the buildings you see in the distance and had gotten a sniper rifle and went out there and would wait for people to walk by and shoot them. theres tons of glitch spots in the fort and old ruins. had another instance of people on a random team i played with/against in the plaza going into places you shouldnt be able to and taking cheap shots at people.

glitching is a big problem for this game and its rustrating to see how little theyre doing to control it or at the very least penalize or an those who do it.

heres a link to a post someone made on the sony forum about glitching and a response from i believe one of the developers concerning it.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Uncharted-Series-PS3/How-to-report-glitches/td-p/45528557

arne,

Our focus is to close the ways folks can exploit the game rather than on the players themselves for a long list of reasons, if not the least of which is how easy it is to have multiple or new accounts. It's more helpful to us to let us know about the specific types of glitching and how they were accomplished than the actual players themselves.

In just about every case i've brought up an exploit to our QA team, we've known about it and we were working on them, but you never know.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I don't know if anyone's experienced this yet, but I've just played a match where a player was glitching in the Temple map. I went to cinema mode to see what he had done. I saw that he had went to the stair room leading up to the shotgun area, and hid behind a single crate at the bottom. He jumped over the crate and into the wall. So at that point he proceeded to shoot from behind the wall, where we would have no way getting him.

I tried to recreate it but failed, I just couldn't pull it off. It seems this glitch is also doable on the villains side of the Village map. :bomb:

What other glitches have you guys run into? Besides the obvious Fort map, or what I like to call it the gay football field :lol:.[/QUOTE]

I know how to do that one (I've gone from there all the way to the top of the grenade room in the bottom floor) and I know how to airwalk (like a previous poster said: get to the towers outside boundaries in sanctuary). But I don't use it in real games... only custom games with my friends.

Though i will glitch in a public game if it means I get to kill another glitcher :D

I'm not sure if these are glitches but I had a deathmatch where it was 5 on 4. More people disconnected from the game than usual. As a result, I played a couple of death matches where it was just me and two other people vs. their five.

I also experienced some lag and freeze issues. I would be in the middle of a deathmatch and I would stand there and I can't move. I would have to get killed in order for the issue to clear up.

Not a glitch, has more to do with their servers I guess. I used to get a lot of those freezing issues back when I was playing beta, it's gotten a lot better since then but it hasn't completely gone away.

[quote name='Rafael122']I'm not sure if these are glitches but I had a deathmatch where it was 5 on 4. More people disconnected from the game than usual. As a result, I played a couple of death matches where it was just me and two other people vs. their five.

I also experienced some lag and freeze issues. I would be in the middle of a deathmatch and I would stand there and I can't move. I would have to get killed in order for the issue to clear up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rafael122']I'm not sure if these are glitches but I had a deathmatch where it was 5 on 4. More people disconnected from the game than usual. As a result, I played a couple of death matches where it was just me and two other people vs. their five.

I also experienced some lag and freeze issues. I would be in the middle of a deathmatch and I would stand there and I can't move. I would have to get killed in order for the issue to clear up.[/QUOTE]

People told me when your character locked up and couldn't move. Means you was lagging. Mine use to do it,but doesn't anymore.

If they get rid of the airwalk and add better detection on some invisible walls that would solve the problem. You don't need up on the d-pad to view the scenery for MP.

i think people use lag switches in this game too. ive had a few instances where you find someone who moves super slow and jittery and it takes alot of shots to kill them. and then theres those weird games when you start the game and most of your team or all of them are frozen.

[quote name='lokizz']i think people use lag switches in this game too. ive had a few instances where you find someone who moves super slow and jittery and it takes alot of shots to kill them. and then theres those weird games when you start the game and most of your team or all of them are frozen.[/QUOTE]

Could be or maybe they have a really bad connection? I've watched a few cams come to think of it and they did the best when it seems to be extremely laggy. Maybe they are using a lag switch.

[quote name='jman619']Could be or maybe they have a really bad connection? I've watched a few cams come to think of it and they did the best when it seems to be extremely laggy. Maybe they are using a lag switch.[/QUOTE]

Nope they're definitely lag switches. Lag would hinder their ability to fire too. With a lag switch, you can use them to dodge bullets and fire back killing someone. A lag switch can give you anywhere from 5-10 seconds to get away and fire/kill someone.

Yeah I definitely have seen lag switches especially right after I kill someone, and they're somehow still shooting at me even when their body is lying on the ground. lol

[quote name='Paco']Nope they're definitely lag switches. Lag would hinder their ability to fire too. With a lag switch, you can use them to dodge bullets and fire back killing someone. A lag switch can give you anywhere from 5-10 seconds to get away and fire/kill someone.[/QUOTE]

i thought thats what it was didnt know that was the amount of time time they had though. i used to get so pissed at that shit until i figured that if you see one of them coming at you drop your grenades theyll probably still kill you but i have yet to see a lagger escape a grenade explosion.

[quote name='pram12']
Though i will glitch in a public game if it means I get to kill another glitcher :D[/QUOTE]

Lol, we had a glitch match on Fort that was funny. My friends and I (heroes team) realized two of the villains were going for the cage glitch. Two of us grabbed Fals and went for the airwalk glitch to keep them out of there the whole match. After winning, they were raging at us on the mic. lol

[quote name='lokizz']i thought thats what it was didnt know that was the amount of time time they had though. i used to get so pissed at that shit until i figured that if you see one of them coming at you drop your grenades theyll probably still kill you but i have yet to see a lagger escape a grenade explosion.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, your grenades are worthless with the $$$gy 1.6 update which effectively makes the grenades something that has to hit its target point blank otherwise it doesn't work.

heres a list of rumored improvements that someone posted on the ND Blog that are "alleged" to be part of update 1.07 again this isnt fact its just what someone posted so it could all be shit but if it were real itd make me very happy. some of it does sound possible but some of it i really doubt so take it all with a cup of salt( because a grain isnt enough).

So Some 1 leaked whats coming out for 1.07 here it is
-Headshot hitboxes edited to take less damage
-Grenade radius changed back but you no longer spawn with grenades
-Spawn point updates to all maps
-Ranked games removed from playlist
-Maintenance for servers to increase hit detection
-Rewind has been added to Cinema mode
-Can now send Cinema files to HDD
-Wes.44 has been added to The Facility, The Fort and The Flooded Ruins
-Crossbow added to the Lost City and the Village
-VIP Assassination and Sudden Death Plunder (no respawns) added to playlist
-Personalize the machinima map with barries, crates, weapons etc for use in custom games
-Co-op Zombie mode, fight off wave after wavew of spaniards with up to three friends inside The Facility
All of these will be available in Update 1.07 which will be relased alongside the newest DLC: “Heroes Arena pack” which will include three brand new maps entitled “Chimeran Tower” “Visari’s palace” and “Ground Central” more details and screenshots will soon follow.
thats all i found out hopefully

For the most part as far as the rumored changes go I like it, however theres only one thing that bothers me - and that's giving grenades back their blast radius. I think the best change that came from the last update was nerfing the grenades, and I think it's perfect the way it is now. Changing it back and having people grab grenades is just stupid. I hope this is fake, but other than that everything else sounds ok I suppose.

[quote name='lokizz']heres a list of rumored improvements that someone posted on the ND Blog that are "alleged" to be part of update 1.07 again this isnt fact its just what someone posted so it could all be shit but if it were real itd make me very happy. some of it does sound possible but some of it i really doubt so take it all with a cup of salt( because a grain isnt enough).

-Personalize the machinima map with barries, crates, weapons etc for use in custom games
-Co-op Zombie mode, fight off wave after wavew of spaniards with up to three friends inside The Facility
All of these will be available in Update 1.07 which will be relased alongside the newest DLC: “Heroes Arena pack” which will include three brand new maps entitled “Chimeran Tower” “Visari’s palace” and “Ground Central” more details and screenshots will soon follow.
thats all i found out hopefully[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lokizz']heres a list of rumored improvements that someone posted on the ND Blog that are "alleged" to be part of update 1.07 again this isnt fact its just what someone posted so it could all be shit but if it were real itd make me very happy. some of it does sound possible but some of it i really doubt so take it all with a cup of salt( because a grain isnt enough).

thats all i found out hopefully[/QUOTE]

If that spawning without grenades happen, everyone will just take two grenades and run off, leaving everyone else without grenades.

I have no clue why they didn't have rewind in the first place.

The new weapon placements is nice... though Wes is similar to Deagle.

And doesn't Uncharted already have a Horde mode? How is it different?

bread's done
Back