Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

I love high-rise. Its a great z-axis level and its fresh from the "Face" maps that are too common. I could care less for the Museum. Anyway, I've just been working on the DM-style trophies minus 'protectorate' since I hate plunder.

Plunder is fun when you actually work as a team and TRY to win. It's when everyone just wants to max out their own money and no one cares about the idol when it gets annoying.

I can see how going by yourself or even with a friend would be irritating when that happens. I always roll with a skilled group of 4, so working as a team and winning are not issues. Its just not my preference at all to play that game-type.

Two CAGs and I spent a couple hours last night trying to beat Siege and Survival. In both instances, we'd get up to round 8 or 9 and then get rocked. :bomb:

Two of us will finish where we started. We also wanna conquer Co-op on Hard. PSN me if you're up for some stellar games tonight.

Anyone experience unstable grenades with this new update? On Deathmatch, I jumped up onto a wall to climb it and suddenly I exploded! And the screen showed that I died by my own grenade, but I never threw it, and even if I had I would've heard it and there would've been some time for me to react. Just out of nowhere it blew up. On Siege, one of my teammates also exploded out of nowhere.

[quote name='evergoo']Two CAGs and I spent a couple hours last night trying to beat Siege and Survival. In both instances, we'd get up to round 8 or 9 and then get rocked. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Since Siege is all about the time inside the circle, you don't necessarily have to go all out and shoot everyone. One game I was the only team member left, and rather than engage the enemy I just ducked kept moving out of the way.

Been playing strictly multiplayer, no coop with Rafael. Hit me up with a F/R if some of you CAGs want to get some games going. Or post here so I can add you guys.

If anyone would like to add me on PSN I have both DLC packs and am looking for some good co-op buddies. I pretty much haven't played co-op at all but I am decent at deathmatch.

Anyone here need to do The Village on Crushing? That's the only one I need to get the "You Can't Break Me" trophy. If your up to it just send me a PM.

EDIT: Finally got it. But I'd still love to play with some fellow cags :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys should add me in like a week. I just ordered my ps3 from amazon and will be playing this game alot. I will have all the maps, a mic, and i was good but haven't played in 5 weeks cause my old ps3 broke. I like all the modes except that stupid one with all the numbers in the turfs and you have to capture them in order.

Chain reaction is good. :bomb:

I sent a bunch of you friend requests since I want to get some trophies and I won't be able to do that with randoms and I want to play with some caggies.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Chain reaction is good. :bomb:

I sent a bunch of you friend requests since I want to get some trophies and I won't be able to do that with randoms and I want to play with some caggies.

My god. Highrise is the worst map for Plunder. The hero score point has sooo many enterances and it's pretty much impossible to score on the map. The villian side is so easy since it's closed off. Horrible map.

Any guys up for some Crushing Co-op (and 1 survival as I need that trophy). I added evergoo. My PSN: RaCpram12 - I'm a level 55.

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']i've been playing alot more of the mp lately. add me if you want. be nice to talk to someone for a change instead of having to mute all the idiots on there.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I do unless I'm playing someone from cag. :lol:

GG's to all the CAG's I've recently played with. Those objective games are really fun when you have a party. Although, Plunder on the Fort is hell. I'd have to disagree with you there, Pram.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']Been playing strictly multiplayer, no coop with Rafael. Hit me up with a F/R if some of you CAGs want to get some games going. Or post here so I can add you guys.[/QUOTE]

Mine is Rafael122. I'm usually on every other day or so. Like tonight I'll probably be on for an hour or so I've already played with a couple of CAG guys, so it'd be nice to get a party going. I despise Chain Reaction. And I may get the other two DLC since these default maps are getting a bit repetitive. I've only played Siege mode once. It seems like its the 3rd option.

Added everyone back who who sent me a friend request, looking forward to playing with you guys :).

Just curious, what do you guys think of the "Situational Awareness" booster? I've never thought much of it until recently when I noticed nearly everyone I play against has it on. I know these boosters are meant to give you a slight advantage of a particular area and some are more worthless than others (Break Up, Turtle, Hellblazer) but I think this booster is borderline cheating. The fact that you can see everyone around you even through walls and ceilings is ridiculous. I tried it out once to see how it was like and was laughing to myself how most of these scrubs play.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Added everyone back who who sent me a friend request, looking forward to playing with you guys :).

Just curious, what do you guys think of the "Situational Awareness" booster? I've never thought much of it until recently when I noticed nearly everyone I play against has it on. I know these boosters are meant to give you a slight advantage of a particular area and some are more worthless than others (Break Up, Turtle, Hellblazer) but I think this booster is borderline cheating. The fact that you can see everyone around you even through walls and ceilings is ridiculous. I tried it out once to see how it was like and was laughing to myself how most of these scrubs play.[/QUOTE]

I just started playing again, around level 34-35. I have to say, for the most part, there really isn't going to be a booster combo that will make you invincible. For the most part, some are good only in certain situations and aren't as useful as others like the boosters you mentioned above.

I really don't think that it is THAT much of an advantage, albeit, it has to be a great booster against most wall campers. I have yet to use it, so I'm just really pointing out an observation.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']GG's to all the CAG's I've recently played with. Those objective games are really fun when you have a party. Although, Plunder on the Fort is hell. I'd have to disagree with you there, Pram.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering what makes it annoying on Fort? I personally love Fort Plunder. It's balanced and quite exciting (when I have a good team).

Objective IS the mode to play if you have a team. I hate these DM types.

Just need protectorate and fallen angel before I'm done with the new dlc trophy set. Shouldn't be too long.

Well the majority of the people using the SA booster aren't very good, and depend on it too much to get any better, but if an experienced player uses it and utilizes it correctly he'll most likely dominate the match. It's pretty damn good compared to anything else. It's considered an endgame booster that can be had at level 46, so don't be surprised if you run into some noobs playing with it on :lol:.

I just hope ND nerfs it a bit to regulate its use. Maybe instead of only just standing still and pressing up, they'd have to stand still and press up for 5 seconds for it to work. Because right now the use is almost instant, you just have to stop moving and you can see everyone around your perimeter. And I know there's another booster to counter this (Evasion), but I feel it's such a waste of booster space to have it on -_-;

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']I just started playing again, around level 34-35. I have to say, for the most part, there really isn't going to be a booster combo that will make you invincible. For the most part, some are good only in certain situations and aren't as useful as others like the boosters you mentioned above.

I really don't think that it is THAT much of an advantage, albeit, it has to be a great booster again most wall campers. I have yet to use it, so I'm just really pointing out an observation.[/QUOTE]

Oh, of course I'm sure it is. And I have seen people using it but they aren't the brightest bunch of tweens. :roll: Which isn't to say I'm any better. I don't see it needing any nerf to be quite honest. Obviously I haven't used it yet maybe a second or 2 delay.

Get on mang!

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Well the majority of the people using the SA booster aren't very good, and depend on it too much to get any better, but if an experienced player uses it and utilizes it correctly he'll most likely dominate the match. It's pretty damn good compared to anything else. It's considered an endgame booster that can be had at level 46, so don't be surprised if you run into some noobs playing with it on :lol:.

I just hope ND nerfs it a bit to regulate its use. Maybe instead of only just standing still and pressing up, they'd have to stand still and press up for 5 seconds for it to work. Because right now the use is almost instant, you just have to stop moving and you can see everyone around your perimeter. And I know there's another booster to counter this (Evasion), but I feel it's such a waste of booster space to have it on -_-;[/QUOTE]

People mostly complain on the how the user goes about using the S.A. booster which makes it annoying to others. Some camp, others use it to avoid ambushes. Its funny how S.A. never really was an issue until after January when people started to level up more frequently and have access to it.

pram12 said:
Objective IS the mode to play if you have a team. I hate these DM types.

Objective modes end too fast when you have a great team, so TDM types last a bit longer. Although, its funny to score 4 goals in plunder then keep the treasure away from the other team. Basically turning it into a long TDM match. :cool:

If anybody else still needs to complete the co-op levels on hard for the hard trophy feel free to add me. :)
And I wouldn't mind giving the crushing ones a shot too. :D

[quote name='Supplice']People mostly complain on the how the user goes about using the S.A. booster which makes it annoying to others. Some camp, others use it to avoid ambushes. Its funny how S.A. never really was an issue until after January when people started to level up more frequently and have access to it.

Objective modes end too fast when you have a great team, so TDM types last a bit longer. Although, its funny to score 4 goals in plunder then keep the treasure away from the other team. Basically turning it into a long TDM match. :cool:[/QUOTE]

sa really became an issue due to the health being dropped. that and the fal made the game damn near unplayable at times since people would camp with both and shoot you down as you came at them.now i think people just whine about it out of habit because even when peopel use it its not like you cant still kill them even if the whole team is using it.

theres this weird movement of people thinking you need to use this booster or that booster or if youre a certain level you have to use a dark booster or else youre not good blah blah blah. in the end nd put them in there to use and i dont care what combination someone uses. thats where skill comes in.

although i do get annoyed with people who use launchman and when they get the grenade launcher they go up high and shoot down at people but its all legal.

Just played some multiplayer for the first time since the game launched. EVERYONE is using that stupid "Situational Awareness" perk. It's incredibly dumb that the creators would include a wall-hack as a perk.

[quote name='lokizz']
theres this weird movement of people thinking you need to use this booster or that booster or if youre a certain level you have to use a dark booster or else youre not good blah blah blah. in the end nd put them in there to use and i dont care what combination someone uses. thats where skill comes in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree, its really stupid. All the boosters are legit and there's a counter for SA for those who really hate it. It seems no matter what booster you use, you will get called out. Sureshot/DTI - player with shitty aim, Juggler/rapid hands/keep firing - pray n' sprayer, explosive expert/launch man/rocket man - nade/GL/RL spammers.

[quote name='lokizz']sa really became an issue due to the health being dropped. that and the fal made the game damn near unplayable at times since people would camp with both and shoot you down as you came at them.now i think people just whine about it out of habit because even when peopel use it its not like you cant still kill them even if the whole team is using it.[/QUOTE]

Now that you mentioned it the recent SA popularity does seem pretty consistent with the health drop change; it seems most people had some kind of a epiphany and started using it early this year :whistle2:k That certainly wasn't the case in the beginning. I personally don't have too much trouble with people playing with it on as I mentioned before, it's just there are instances where I think it's annoying and downright unfair. For example there are times of different situations where I'm chasing a player knowing full well that he hasn't seen me, next thing I know I turn a corner and he's either already pointing his gun at my direction or had already thrown a grenade at my feet, not to mention ends it with a infamous pump taunt (there's nothing more obnoxious than that >,

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Now that you mentioned it the recent SA popularity does seem pretty consistent with the health drop change; it seems most people had some kind of a epiphany and started using it early this year :whistle2:k That certainly wasn't the case in the beginning. I personally don't have too much trouble with people playing with it on as I mentioned before, it's just there are instances where I think it's annoying and downright unfair. For example there are times of different situations where I'm chasing a player knowing full well that he hasn't seen me, next thing I know I turn a corner and he's either already pointing his gun at my direction or had already thrown a grenade at my feet, not to mention ends it with a infamous pump taunt (there's nothing more obnoxious than that >,

[quote name='Interstella 5555']

And I have to disagree with you with people calling others out for having other boosters. The only time I ever get called out regarding booster was for accidentally having treasure bearer on in a deathmatch battle =P. All others no one ever really complains about.[/QUOTE]

Play more in ranked matches.

Those were some really fun games guys. We should deffinatley play more often; I'm gonna pick up the new map pack tommorow.

I just got off from playing some ranked matches a few hours ago actually and for the most part it's essentially like the other playlist - either no one talks or no one cares about what boosters you have. But I'm not that high ranked and hardly ever play ranked games as most of my friends and the majority of people hang out at the other playlist, but I'll take your word for it. Either way let them talk crap, as it's just a way to show their alpha male, as pathetic as that sounds :roll: I just think the cry for SA is much louder and more justifiable than the others.

[quote name='Supplice']Play more in ranked matches.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lokizz'] i do wonder if alot of the changes theyve made are so the game is more like the other popular shooters out there ( codmw or waw) which are good games but having played waw myself it can be frustrating how often you get killed in those games with a few or one hits.

i dont see them tweaking sa anytime soon. no matter how much people hate it now they can always counter with "just use evasion). it would be cool if they could come out with new boosters but i couldnt begin to imagine what they could come up with.

i havent played the game since my ps3 died a month or so ago so maybe the sa use has gone up more since then who knows but it never bothered me much.[/QUOTE]

I hope ND doesn't fall into that formula. I'm personally not a big fan of MW or any of it's incarnations for the same reasons as you mentioned. Hell, I can't even breathe 5 seconds in MW2 without someone killing me or having someone unleashing one of their kill bonuses. But there are some people who love that, it's just not my cup of tea.

To be honest I don't see them tweaking SA either, the love for the booster is rampant and changing it might trigger more outcry lol. But yes, we definitely need more boosters. Stop giving us skins already, we already have too much for us to even use. Boosters, maps, and new coop modes are what I'm sure everyone is looking for.

I just got off from playing some ranked matches a few hours ago actually and for the most part it's essentially like the other playlist - either no one talks or no one cares about what boosters you have. But my skill level isn't very high and I hardly ever play ranked games as most of my friends and the majority of people hang out at the other playlist, but I'll take your word for it. Either way let them talk crap, as it's just a way to show their alpha male, as pathetic as that sounds :roll: I just think the cry for SA is much louder and more deserving than the spiel those hooligans talk about.

[quote name='JMEPO']Those were some really fun games guys. We should deffinatley play more often; I'm gonna pick up the new map pack tommorow.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I played with you specifically, but I did play with a group of CAGs here. Definitely some great games. Looking forward to playing with you guys again.

[quote name='lokizz'] i do wonder if alot of the changes theyve made are so the game is more like the other popular shooters out there ( codmw or waw) which are good games but having played waw myself it can be frustrating how often you get killed in those games with a few or one hits.

i dont see them tweaking sa anytime soon. no matter how much people hate it now they can always counter with "just use evasion). it would be cool if they could come out with new boosters but i couldnt begin to imagine what they could come up with.

i havent played the game since my ps3 died a month or so ago so maybe the sa use has gone up more since then who knows but it never bothered me much.[/QUOTE]

I hope ND doesn't fall into that formula. I'm personally not a big fan of MW or any of it's incarnations for the same reasons as you mentioned. Hell, I can't even breathe 5 seconds in MW2 without someone either killing me, having someone unleashing one of their kill bonuses, shanking me 8 ft away, ect. The game, at least for me, is utter chaos. But there are some people who love that, it's just not my cup of tea.

To be honest I don't see them tweaking SA either, the love for the booster is rampant and changing it might trigger more outcry lol. But yes, we definitely need more boosters. Stop giving us skins already, we already have too much for us to even use. Boosters, maps, and new coop modes are what I'm sure everyone is looking for.

I just got off from playing some ranked matches a few hours ago actually and for the most part it's essentially like the other playlist - either no one talks or no one cares about what boosters you have. But my skill level isn't very high and I hardly ever play ranked games as most of my friends and the majority of people hang out at the other playlist, but I'll take your word for it. Either way let them talk crap, as it's just a way to show their alpha male, as pathetic as that sounds :roll: I just think the cry for SA is much louder and more deserving than the spiel those hooligans talk about.

[quote name='JMEPO']Those were some really fun games guys. We should deffinatley play more often; I'm gonna pick up the new map pack tommorow.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I played with you specifically, but I did play with a group of CAGs here. Definitely some great games. Looking forward to playing with you guys again.

I hope ND doesn't fall into that formula. I'm personally not a big fan of MW or any of it's incarnations for the same reasons as you mentioned. Hell, I can't even breathe 5 seconds in MW2 without someone either killing me, having someone unleashing one of their kill bonuses, shanking me 8 ft away, ect. The game, at least for me, is utter chaos. But there are some people who love that, it's just not my cup of tea.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I don't know if I played with you specifically, but I did play with a group of CAGs here. Definitely some great games. Looking forward to playing with you guys again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was myself and a few other cags, Rafael, and Dtruck(can't spell his psn:lol:)

Those were some fun games we played.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']Yeah, that was myself and a few other cags, Rafael, and Dtruck(can't spell his psn:lol:)

Those were some fun games we played.[/QUOTE]

I had a blast. My mic went out and I had to charge it, but I couldn't stop laughing when we were playing against that PLA clan. The stuff they were saying was unreal.

[quote name='Rafael122']I had a blast. My mic went out and I had to charge it, but I couldn't stop laughing when we were playing against that PLA clan. The stuff they were saying was unreal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we should have recorded some of that. Lulz worthy indeed. We mopped them up back to back, they only beat us once and we got them 3 times. Twice on the same map, pretty bad since they were all high levels than us.

Playing with you guys also reminded me why I hate plunder and chain reaction so much.

I finally got around to picking up siege, so I am down for that maybe later tomorrow or tonight. That Baseball Drake skin looks tight.

i'm going to try and be on tomorrow. i work 3rd shift so i'm usually on in the mid to late afternoon. but lately i've been doing other things. i'm usually up for a late night game on friday or saturday though.

So they put the health back to normal now huh? Seems like if people arent very good you can run around like Rambo again. I haven't played in over a month but I just picked up the new dlc and am liking it so far but i wish they would put the bow and arrow in multiplayer. It would be really fun to shoot some turd with a shotgun in the eye with an arrow. I don't like how they have the screen when you die now because its very jerky and unoriginal.

[quote name='Mr. 420']So they put the health back to normal now huh? Seems like if people arent very good you can run around like Rambo again. I haven't played in over a month but I just picked up the new dlc and am liking it so far but i wish they would put the bow and arrow in multiplayer. It would be really fun to shoot some turd with a shotgun in the eye with an arrow. I don't like how they have the screen when you die now because its very jerky and unoriginal.[/QUOTE]

That's all I was doing in MAG was running around like Rambo with the knife and slicing people up. When all else fails and you suck at shooting, improvise.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's all I was doing in MAG was running around like Rambo with the knife and slicing people up. When all else fails and you suck at shooting, improvise.[/QUOTE]
Thats all people were doing to me mw2 is running around knifing me. I just got an automatic shot gun with a red dot sight so i am starting to punish people who try and knife me. Uncharted is a lot more fun than mw2 but i am almost forced to play mw2 and all my online games now that my game saves are stuck in a bricked ps3. I really need to stop smoking and take that thing apart and get it working good enough to get my game out, get the saves, and dump it at Gamestop.
Glad to see over 50,000 people playing everyday on uncharted.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Thats all people were doing to me mw2 is running around knifing me. I just got an automatic shot gun with a red dot sight so i am starting to punish people who try and knife me. Uncharted is a lot more fun than mw2 but i am almost forced to play mw2 and all my online games now that my game saves are stuck in a bricked ps3. I really need to stop smoking and take that thing apart and get it working good enough to get my game out, get the saves, and dump it at Gamestop.
Glad to see over 50,000 people playing everyday on uncharted.[/QUOTE]

check youtube they have a ton of videos on how to fix it. mine seems to work better now than it had in years after i fixed it.

What do you do regarding glitch cheaters? I had never seen any glitches in my games until this past weekend when someone was able to walk through a wall and shoot anyone on the entire map from his position.

You could post on their new forums and save the game video.
One time i shot shottied through a wall from a guy all the way accross the map and another time the guy would just freeze my character when he got near me. Other than that ive had people shoot me through walls with the fal at the plaza and the fort, but that was months ago. A few months ago people were regularly punching me through walls which was just rediculous.

[quote name='Mr. 420']You could post on their new forums and save the game video.
One time i shot shottied through a wall from a guy all the way accross the map and another time the guy would just freeze my character when he got near me. Other than that ive had people shoot me through walls with the fal at the plaza and the fort, but that was months ago. A few months ago people were regularly punching me through walls which was just rediculous.[/QUOTE]

they dont allow you to post videos of people glitching or to name glitchers ( yeah its stupid but thats their rules) the most you can do is tell someone about the glitch or put the video of them doing it on youtube. if i remember correctly a few people have started youtube channels to expose glitchers.

since ive been back to playing u2 i havent seen any glitching of yet so maybe they did fix some of the glitch spots but the 2 new maps are all about camping now which sucks.

bread's done
Back