Uncharted 2 GOTY $24.96 + 97 cents shipping at walmart (Out of stock dead)

[quote name='hollowfreak']Does this come with any extra content? I couldn't really tell from Walmart's description.[/QUOTE]

Since its the game of the year edition, I would assume so.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Does this come with any extra content? I couldn't really tell from Walmart's description.[/QUOTE]

• UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune Multiplayer Pack
  • UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Siege Expansion Pack
  • PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack
  • UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Avatar Pack 1
  • UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Avatar Pack 2
  • UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 3
  • UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 4
  • Currency Multiplier which grants Double XP up to level 10 in Multiplayer
  • Golden Guns option for the AK-47 and the 92FS 9mm pistol for use in Multiplayer
  • Early access to "Revenge" Booster
  • UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Motion Comic Bundle (which includes Episodes 1-4 exploring a prequel storyline to the original UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune)
  • UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Character Skins
  • Pinball Heroes – UNCHARTED for PSP (PlayStation Portable)

Is the multiplayer still fun? I've heard it's glitched to hell by cheaters and really tough for a newbie to get into...

My main multiplayer games are BFBC2, MoH, and CoD:BlOps if that gives anyone any assistance in determining if this will be my cup of tea. I was NOT into the single player Uncharted. Just not my kinda game.

Broke down, was going to try and wait for the $20 price point. This is such a great game, with the bonus content it is a steal.

$27.25 trade-in value at Amazon.com. Couldn't you just buy this from Wal-Mart, use the DLC code, and trade it in to Amazon.com and basically pay nothing for $35 of DLC?

[quote name='kart007k']Does anyone think amazon will PM this?[/QUOTE]
if you have gift cards ill trade you my walmart egift cards for amazon if you have amazon credit on your account you can buy the same online gc at exact amount.

ill take newegg credit as well

This is the best deal you will ever see. Everyone should get this game and we all can play deathmatch and elimination together. Need to get those trophies, lol.

Just a word of warning, the game doesn't actually include any new content on the disc, it just comes with a voucher to download the extra content. Personally I'd rather have the version without the big '$35 OF STUFF' label.

man..i wanted to not spend alot of money this month. and i already grabbed yakuza 3 the other day for $25....but this is too good to pass up...

WHAT AM I TO DO!?

[quote name='Fabrizo']Just a word of warning, the game doesn't actually include any new content on the disc, it just comes with a voucher to download the extra content. Personally I'd rather have the version without the big '$35 OF STUFF' label.[/QUOTE]
Funny you should mention that, as I have a vanilla edition Uncharted 2 on my trade list.

It was an ex rental bought from a Hollywood Video closing sale, so it has some scratches on it.:cry::bomb:

The only text on the cover of it is the '5 out of 5 stars' rating thing from the official PS magazine.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']$27.25 trade-in value at Amazon.com. Couldn't you just buy this from Wal-Mart, use the DLC code, and trade it in to Amazon.com and basically pay nothing for $35 of DLC?[/QUOTE]
But that would suck for anyone who subsequently buys it from Amazon and expects a working code in there, no?

[quote name='intent']But that would suck for anyone who subsequently buys it from Amazon and expects a working code in there, no?[/QUOTE]
I always assume when I'm buying a USED game that any bonus content codes have been used already. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just overly hopeful and opening themselves up to disappointment.

[quote name='intent']But that would suck for anyone who subsequently buys it from Amazon and expects a working code in there, no?[/QUOTE]
You expect a DLC voucher found in a USED game to be working? You're only opening yourself up to disappointment by doing so, since I always assume that a DLC voucher left in a USED game I buy has been used.

Although I did get surprised and have an unused Tribal pack voucher in the used/mint copy of Fallout New Vegas I picked up from Amazon's Warehouse Deals site.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']Damn, great deal, already beat it, can't pass it up at that price though. Anyone know how the online community is?[/QUOTE]
Unless you're a great shot and play 24/7 expect to be trounced in the uneven matchmaking. Although the storyline co-op modes are fun and exciting.:D

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Could be signs this is going to be a Greatest Hit title soon... especially with Uncharted 3 over the horizon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I imagine this will be a GH title come May/June or whenevr they do the GH lineup. Even if it does become a GH, it still won't be this cheap.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']Damn, great deal, already beat it, can't pass it up at that price though. Anyone know how the online community is?[/QUOTE]

Still around 41K daily. I only play co-op arena and I found no issues finding a match in around a minute. Defitely a great price to pick this up. I'm sure the GH version of this will come shortly and it will have that ugly red case. I'm want a second copy(have the original version) and for this price I might as well pick it up if Amazon matches.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I'll return my regular edition to target tomorrow ($19.98 plus taxes) & get GOTY Edition for extra $5 :)[/QUOTE]

Is this an advertised deal?

[quote name='ZForce915']Is this an advertised deal?[/QUOTE]
Stuff ending in .98 is usually a clearance price, though if you only want the vanilla edition of Uncharted 2 I believe there's another one up on ShopGoodwill.com that's on auction.

I might take a look at the clearance section the next time I go through the store, I do like the look of the "vanilla" edition and I don't intend to ever play the multiplayer. I played it and it was pretty good, but just not why I'm looking to play Uncharted.

I sold this a while back and was always intending to get another copy when it was sub $20.

[quote name='ZForce915']Is this an advertised deal?[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, Target has the regular UC2 version on clearance so YMMV (price and availability.)
They have UC2 GOTY but it's still like full price I believe (which they don't even list on Target.com... interesting.)

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it.

for anyone wondering buying from NYC, it totals $28.23 including tax+shipping. It could be a deal breaker since it looks like $30 but if it was priced 29.99 it would be around 34-35 when it totals.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Is the multiplayer still fun? I've heard it's glitched to hell by cheaters and really tough for a newbie to get into...

My main multiplayer games are BFBC2, MoH, and CoD:BlOps if that gives anyone any assistance in determining if this will be my cup of tea. I was NOT into the single player Uncharted. Just not my kinda game.[/QUOTE]

Yes it's still really fun...and no it's not glitched to hell by cheaters. Naughty Dog updates the game all the time with some strange real time updating system they've made. Guns get moved around levels sometimes change a bit, and same goes for character movements and damage. If a glitch is found and exposed they generally update the system to remove it.

Uncharted 2 is definitely worth the 24 dollars. Even if you don't play online it still has the most fun campaign I've ever played. Its also surprisingly long at least 12-20 hours depending on difficultly for most first time plays. I've played the campaign so much I can pretty much speed run through it.

This deal live on Slickdeals. Anyway, I was going to say, I love CAG. Last night in the Amazon Warehouse Deals forum, I was going to comment on some guy who had just bought his PS3, as I have, and how Uncharted 2 was one of the games I wanted to buy. The next morning, "BAM!"

A total sums up to $27.43.
I can either wait for Amazon to PM, which is most likely random, and save about $4 and get it in two days, or I can just buy now and get it after 4-5 days.

[quote name='phantomer']if i only care about the single player mode, goty edition means nothing to me right?[/QUOTE]

You also get the motion comic, which may not mean anything to you, but I really love the Uncharted storyline so I'm all over this just for that.

[quote name='espy605']You also get the motion comic, which may not mean anything to you, but I really love the Uncharted storyline so I'm all over this just for that.[/QUOTE]

The 4 Eye of Indra videos are FANTASTIC!

bread's done
Back