Uncharted 2 is $49.99 at Amazon

[quote name='FiretrUCK']I JUST bought this from them 3 days ago for 55. will they match it?[/QUOTE]

Shoot them an email, often times you can get a rep that will refund you the money or give you credit. They technically aren't supposed to do it anymore, but they still will do it with an email from time to time. Its worth a shot for a few seconds of your time.

Cool, this would be a fine addition to that Costco PS3 Slim Bundle mentioned here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241595
It comes with 120gb console, Uncharted 1 and a BR remote. Yea they are not from the same retailer, someone point out a perfect match if found.
smile

Nice, I called them and they gave me a $7 off certificate for my next purchase since I bought it at $56 on 10/30. Now if they hit Demons Souls too I'll get another!

I called, got shot down. I also emailed and got shot down.

price guarantee[** DO NOT MODIFY THIS BLURB *** PLEASE USE AS WRITTEN AND DO NOT OFFER RETURNS OR ALTERNATE SOLUTIONS.]

Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the [ITEM] you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on [SHIP DATE] was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

We always strive to provide a high level of service, and we would appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if we resolved your inquiry.

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=rxgafbeh3223857571&q=pf

If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=rxgafbeh3223857571&q=pf

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Arnab M
http://www.amazon.com
==========================

Well, in my past experience if a item you ordered is still in transaction or if it was shipped out recently a PM within 48 hours was A- OK.
Looks like there seems to be a problem.

"
Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible "

From amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say this though, I will not stop emailing these guys.

I just spoke to some guy on the phone ( Indian) and I nor he could understand wth we were saying. I have no idea how a non english speaking person can be working customer service?

I asked about the price adjustment and he told me yes the reason you paid more was because of 1 day shipping :wave: wtf?

I'll keep trying

doesn't hurt to try but it's the price of being an early adopter imo.

i'm pretty sure that most new games we buy in september/october will see some sort of relevant deal on black friday as well as in the rest of the holiday season.

at least you got to play the game 2 months earlier, right?

I got denied with the generic response as well. I guess I can't ask for too much from them. Besides, the savings is only worth a big mac meal after all the discounts I used on that game.

Hmm, now it looks like amazon pulled their offer, giving an explanation of customers reporting problems. Currently, the $60 Target price pops up on the game's main page.

[quote name='rpnguyen']doesn't hurt to try but it's the price of being an early adopter imo.

i'm pretty sure that most new games we buy in september/october will see some sort of relevant deal on black friday as well as in the rest of the holiday season.

at least you got to play the game 2 months earlier, right?[/QUOTE]

2 months?

I just ordered Uncharted 2 , 5 days ago.......

Even though Amazon took their price down and everybody else got shot down, I figure I ordered on Saturday and it hasn't shipped yet so I gave it a try.

I love how console games are all dropping to $50 and yet Activision is trying to raise the price of PC games to $60. This industry is all fucked off lol.

Thanks for the heads-up. We'll see what amazon CS says. I've had them adjust in the past after they changed their policy.

i just bought this at frys for 49.99 plus tax, total $54.XX

i bought it on friday and i didnt open it because i thought of waiting for a BB coupon i had pending or maybe a price drop on amazon. I caved in and last night i opened it after waiting the whole weekend. now to my surprise, this morning i find this thread. :roll: oh well. id only be saving $4.xx

by the way, whats up with all the lag on multiplayer?!?

I'd try but I got it under the $40 credit for $80 purchase deal. Sounds like they're hip to the deals you may have combined with Uncharted 2 recently and aren't refunding the difference.

Even though it seems Amazon was shutting everyone else down on the price change and have now pulled that price, I gave it a shot anyway and surprisingly they issued a refund. Here's the e-mail I got.
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves"

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $5.00. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund here:

Even better was I bought Uncharted 2 as part of the "buy $80 get $40" promotion and my total for that order was $92 before, so even once they adjust the price, I still qualify for the credit. Woohoo!

[quote name='phdeez']Thanks for the heads-up. We'll see what amazon CS says. I've had them adjust in the past after they changed their policy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon CS']Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on video games. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.[/quote]

Ah man, hopes dashed.

[quote name='Amazon CS']I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $X.XX. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.[/quote]

Win!

[quote name='graf1k']Even though it seems Amazon was shutting everyone else down on the price change and have now pulled that price, I gave it a shot anyway and surprisingly they issued a refund. Here's the e-mail I got.

Even better was I bought Uncharted 2 as part of the "buy $80 get $40" promotion and my total for that order was $92 before, so even once they adjust the price, I still qualify for the credit. Woohoo![/QUOTE]

Mine was >$100 before the adjustment (got both Uncharted 2 and Borderlands for the $40 credit) and this helped me dip under $100. Took the $40 credit and applied to MW2 pre-order. In effect, I'll be getting 3 brand news games for under 100. The deal keeps getting better :D

I got Uncharted 2 with Tekken 6 and Forza 3 last week at that B2G1 sale at Best Buy for $120:)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='phdeez']Ah man, hopes dashed.

Win!

Mine was >$100 before the adjustment (got both Uncharted 2 and Borderlands for the $40 credit) and this helped me dip under $100. Took the $40 credit and applied to MW2 pre-order. In effect, I'll be getting 3 brand news games for under 100. The deal keeps getting better :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm hoping my $40 credit is due before MW2 comes out. If not, I'll just preorder something before it expires I guess.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I'd try but I got it under the $40 credit for $80 purchase deal. Sounds like they're hip to the deals you may have combined with Uncharted 2 recently and aren't refunding the difference.[/QUOTE]

I'm being refunded for the difference on Demons Souls

[quote name='graf1k']Even though it seems Amazon was shutting everyone else down on the price change and have now pulled that price, I gave it a shot anyway and surprisingly they issued a refund. Here's the e-mail I got.

Even better was I bought Uncharted 2 as part of the "buy $80 get $40" promotion and my total for that order was $92 before, so even once they adjust the price, I still qualify for the credit. Woohoo![/QUOTE]

Mine was around $84 and I'd be under the $80, but CS talked w/ his supervisor and said that I still qualify.

I've requested a refund of $7 to your credit card. You'll see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund here:

Darn. I got shot down after an email. Funny thing is though, I bought the game at 54.99, unlike the 56.99 that everyone else seems to have paid.

[quote name='tears2040']I emailed them 3 times and called and got shot down all 4 times. Truly pisses me off :bomb:[/QUOTE]

yeah, sucks. we all wish that Amazon still had their old 30-day post-order price guarantee like many B&M retailers do but that's just life. you know what you're getting into when you buy from Amazon. Would I be pissed if I bought something for X and then 10 days after I received the package at my front door Amazon was selling it for X-20? hell yes I would be pissed, but beyond getting a CSR to break the rules (which are pretty clear on the website) for me there would be nothing I could do about it...

I would STILL come back to amazon because they have VERY competitive prices and on top of those prices, don't charge tax for me (in Cali). also for me getting items shipped to me (for free I might add) is much more convenient than traveling to various B&M stores especially as I am a college student with no car :cry:

[quote name='rpnguyen']yeah, sucks. we all wish that Amazon still had their old 30-day post-order price guarantee like many B&M retailers do but that's just life. you know what you're getting into when you buy from Amazon. Would I be pissed if I bought something for X and then 10 days after I received the package at my front door Amazon was selling it for X-20? hell yes I would be pissed, but beyond getting a CSR to break the rules (which are pretty clear on the website) for me there would be nothing I could do about it...

I would STILL come back to amazon because they have VERY competitive prices and on top of those prices, don't charge tax for me (in Cali). also for me getting items shipped to me (for free I might add) is much more convenient than traveling to various B&M stores especially as I am a college student with no car :cry:[/QUOTE]

I ordered the game 6 days ago, less than a week..... With that said I will let this one go, life is something that I will never understand

With that said I love this site :lol:

bread's done
Back