Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition $64.99 Best Buy / Bestbuy.com

kemical

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I noticed this evening at the local Bestbuy that Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition was on sale for $64.99. It's not as good as the $50 from Target clearance but most of those are long gone by now. It's the same price on their website.

If it helps anyone there were 2-3 copies at the Mechanicsburg, PA Bestbuy.

There is a review on the bb website that describes the shabby quality of the extras. Anyone want to provide a contrary point of view?

[quote name='bnizzle']There is a review on the bb website that describes the shabby quality of the extras. Anyone want to provide a contrary point of view?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't too impressed with mine.

I think $50 is a fair price. I remember newegg having this for $60 not too long ago as well.

There's at least one left in Burlington, MA. If it is indeed storewide there's like 20 in Nashua, NH.

[quote name='bnizzle']There is a review on the bb website that describes the shabby quality of the extras. Anyone want to provide a contrary point of view?[/QUOTE]

I picked it up for $50 when Target had clearance. The box nice looking, but it is just a covered thick cardboard (hinge was a little cracked on mine). The rest of the extras are nice; belt buckle and ring necklace look cool and are solid metal. Drake's statue in nice, about the size of the Cole statue from Infamous 2 Hero Edition. Good detail on the paint job, not at all cheap looking for a plastic statue. Oh, and a sweet steelbook to boot. Seeing as how the game alone is still about $40-50 bucks this isn't a bad deal for all the extras.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='chingychink2005']the face on the Drake statue doesn't even look like him[/QUOTE]

Honestly, Desert Drake doesn't look like Drake in the game, least not to me.

Just about $15 too high I think. It was $60 even with no tax at Newegg before New Year. They have tons of them in every retailer and if remain like this for the next 30 days I expect another price drop, probably around $50 in some places, so I will wait.

Getting there! I'll buy this at $25-$30 like I've done with Infamous 2 ce, Killzone 3 ce, Dead Space 2 ce, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood ce, etc.

Bought it for $65. I could've waited, but hell the game is gonna retail for $60 for a while.

Those other games with cheaper CEs...did they drop below the retail cost of the game alone?

This set is actually pretty sweet. I might end up keeping it.

you can dispose the unwanted extras on eBay. Last i checked belt buckle was going for $15-0, ring $30 - 40, statue idk, case $15. Id say its a fair buy then!

I picked mine up at Target on clearance for $50. The ring necklace is cool but the steelbook was really what I was after. Considering the game is $30-40 right now, 20 bucks for all the extras is not unreasonable.

I wear the necklace and belt buckle all the time (they're durable). I love them. As for the statue, I have him and Cole back to back on the UC3 box. From a few feet away both the statues look badass.

Good deal for the collector's edition but I'll wait for the regular to go on sale. Had too many other games to play when it came out and I try not to support games with online passes for full price.

It's not listed on their website anymore but,I'm sure stores still have them,just don't know If the price is the same.

[quote name='pwnthee']Bought it for $65. I could've waited, but hell the game is gonna retail for $60 for a while.

Those other games with cheaper CEs...did they drop below the retail cost of the game alone?
[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's actually pretty common-- stores don't look at it as "Oh, we can't drop this below the price for just the game", they look at it as "This stupid massive box is taking up valuable space, drop it to whatever price gets it out of the store/warehouse."

Uncharted is pretty much the flagship series for Sony this gen. If i could only have 1 CE for the PS3, just based on the game "representing" the system, it would be UC3. That and the $40 BB credit i have made me go ahead and get it at $65. Thanks OP

so anyone take a guess as to why this dropped off the website? further reduction in price?? I hope so, the stores I go to have 10+ of these just piled up, probably not flying off the shelf at $65, but for $50 I'd go out immediately..

[quote name='token2k6']so anyone take a guess as to why this dropped off the website? further reduction in price?? I hope so, the stores I go to have 10+ of these just piled up, probably not flying off the shelf at $65, but for $50 I'd go out immediately..[/QUOTE]
I'd snag one if they dropped it to the $24.99 price like that one other CE they did a while ago. But as it stands I still have UC3 from launch from Amazon and I haven't even played it. I let my one buddy borrow it and he finished it.

^ I hear you..this is one of the few games I'd gotten from Redbox, played for a couple hours and pretty much felt I got the gist of it. Maybe committing at $50 is too much..I just hate the chance of missing out, but then I remember paying $50 for the KZ3 CE to watch it drop to $25 like you mentioned..

bread's done
Back