Uncharted 3 Find the Ring Facebook Promotion [AMAZON GCs EMAILED OUT]

[quote name='simmias']I think people can still win games in Syria, and probably France. I'm not going to create a new FB account just to find out, though, lol. Nobody has reported that those two have dried up yet.[/QUOTE]
You'd be able to find out on your original FB though. As far as I can tell, they're all gone, unless there are still rooms undiscovered in Syria and France. I'm not searching through every page of this thread for the pictures, but the rooms which are supposed to contain copies of the game display a message that says they have run out.

I won't even search for the ring, I'll be happy if they ship my CE and regular copy of the game, and my $18 amazon credit.

[quote name='Mockey0111']Where are the amazon gift cards? I searched the thread and couldn't find any pics.[/QUOTE]

Same here... Can't find anything about the amazon cards

Check around pages 17-26, most of the pics are posted in those pages as that's when most of the cags were looking for everything together.

How can I find the remaining places (e.g. I found 5 places in london, but there are 7... I've searched the whole map 3 times but looks like I can get more zoom if i double click my mouse (though the icons appear with the default zoom -- google maps bug?) I'm wondering how do I find these locations

[quote name='garrett007']Same here... Can't find anything about the amazon cards[/QUOTE]

Why are you still searching for those? I thought they're all gone. :S

Everyone who won a game and got the pop up read this post.

***I figured it out. Every time you leave the game your list on the bottom gets wiped out to an extent. It seems like the list will show all unique prizes at the lowest level they appear.

If the prizes for UC3 and the CE show on the lower levels they will not show on the higher levels (even if you rediscover the room). The only things that continue to show on all levels are the $3, and DLC. You probably only see the UC3 game on England, and the CE in France. Hopefully this is what everyone's account is doing.

BTW: Now the game is showing rooms crossed off. That is new for my account. I had never seen that before.

But how do I know where to look or if I found a location? do I have to keep playing with my mouse arrow like there's no tomorrow over all the map, zoomed?

[quote name='zennacko']But how do I know where to look or if I found a location? do I have to keep playing with my mouse arrow like there's no tomorrow over all the map, zoomed?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Have fun!

[quote name='zennacko']Are the locations in the same place for everyone or it's random?[/QUOTE]

Same place. 90% of the locations are posted in this topic, so it should be pretty easy.

Well since we have to wait until 12/20, we might as well think about the clues and try a get a CAG to win it.

England Clues:
1. The building it's in is unremarkable.
2. It's not the stadium.
3. It's north of the park that's shaped like a flower.

Columbia Clues:
1. The park with the circles is lovely, but the ring's not there.
2. Palaces are nice, but it's not hidden there.
3. Ignore the corners.

France Clues:
1. It's too precious to be kept in a warehouse.
2. It's not in the building that's shaped like an H.
3. It's east of the cliffs.

Syria Clues:
1. If you're on a farm, you've gone too far.
2. There's no sense in disturbing the dead on your search.
3. You can check the airport, but you won't find it there.

So it will be north of the flower shaped park, east of the cliffs, not in the corners, and before the farm. That's the grid.
Also its not the stadium, circles park, palace, warehouse, h-building, graveyard, or airport.
And It is a unremarkable building.

I am not sure what else we can even do except have a better idea of where to search when it is released.

[quote name='chaoticorder75']Well since we have to wait until 12/20, we might as well think about the clues and try a get a CAG to win it.

England Clues:
2. It's not the stadium.

Columbia Clues:
3. Ignore the corners.

France Clues:

Syria Clues:

So it will be north of the flower shaped park, east of the cliffs, not in the corners, and before the farm. That's the grid.
Also its not the stadium, circles park, palace, warehouse, h-building, graveyard, or airport.

I am not sure what else we can even do except have a better idea of where to search when it is released.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Are these all the clues, or just a partial list?

In any case, thanks for sharing!

uc3winn.jpg

hen do we get the emails asking for shipping info!?

D: Tried so hard to grab a copy of UC3 for me but looks like I was too late for that... because everybody was greedy and grabbed both CE and regular editions :D

OMFG!! After all day trying to get the code, I used it on the wrong account (I was on this account gamesharing a game). FML! Grr!

[quote name='zennacko']D: Tried so hard to grab a copy of UC3 for me but looks like I was too late for that... because everybody was greedy and grabbed both CE and regular editions :D[/QUOTE]

Lol. Rules allow two game wins, not much we can do about that.

[quote name='nnthomas']Lol. Rules allow two game wins, not much we can do about that.[/QUOTE]

Of course, someone has to get rich while UC3's TIV is still high :cool:

[quote name='zennacko']Of course, someone has to get rich while UC3's TIV is still high :cool:[/QUOTE]
LOL, we won't get the copies of the game until like February. And you could have easily gotten a copy of the game if you'd read this thread within the first two and a half days.

And actually, this thread has been one of my favorite examples of lack of greed on CAG in recent memory. Tons of people were helping each other out to ensure CAGs got most of the prizes before this blew up on SD or FW or somewhere else. It made me remember why I love this place.

[quote name='simmias']actually, this thread has been one of my favorite examples of lack of greed on CAG in recent memory. Tons of people were helping each other out to ensure CAGs got most of the prizes before this blew up on SD or FW or somewhere else. It made me remember why I love this place.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to agree with this statement :D

[quote name='simmias']LOL, we won't get the copies of the game until like February. And you could have easily gotten a copy of the game if you'd read this thread within the first two and a half days.

And actually, this thread has been one of my favorite examples of lack of greed on CAG in recent memory. Tons of people were helping each other out to ensure CAGs got most of the prizes before this blew up on SD or FW or somewhere else. It made me remember why I love this place.[/QUOTE]

You got that right!

[quote name='simmias']LOL, we won't get the copies of the game until like February. And you could have easily gotten a copy of the game if you'd read this thread within the first two and a half days.[/QUOTE]

Yea, you're absolutely right.

[quote name='simmias']
... before this blew up on SD or FW or somewhere else. It made me remember why I love this place.[/QUOTE]

whenever SD users know about a promotion, the promotion is gone in 60 seconds. :cold:

Also, I love this place too... I was just frustrated on how the things can run out fast when you're technically only 2 days late... whatever, now I need to concentrate my efforts on Playstation Online Rewards, since I want all the prizes for this month :D

I started playing at 11:00am on Wednesday and then it reset later that night and it is still reset today. Won standard and CE of the game and even posted it on my wall. For the people that had this happen, was it restored? Did you have to contact someone about it?

[quote name='zennacko']Yea, you're absolutely right.

whenever SD users know about a promotion, the promotion is gone in 60 seconds. :cold:

Also, I love this place too... I was just frustrated on how the things can run out fast when you're technically only 2 days late... whatever, now I need to concentrate my efforts on Playstation Online Rewards, since I want all the prizes for this month :D[/QUOTE]

I think they had copies of Uncharted 3 available for at least a day and a half, which is a pretty damn long time considering they're free and it didn't take much effort to win them. We're lucky that we had THAT much time to claim prizes for a game that came out a month ago. If this happened for any other promo, they'd probably be gone in a few minutes, not over a day.. You've gotta stay on top of things if you want prizes on this level, being 2 days late is a seriously long time for something like this.

Pretty much the only reason the supply of prizes lasted so long is because this promo had no advertising.

[quote name='zennacko']Yea, you're absolutely right.

Also, I love this place too... I was just frustrated on how the things can run out fast when you're technically only 2 days late... whatever, now I need to concentrate my efforts on Playstation Online Rewards, since I want all the prizes for this month :D[/QUOTE]

Yep it was a good example of us coming together. 60 seconds for SD, try 30 seconds and they each buy 15 copies :roll::bouncy:

[quote name='sunghost']I think they had copies of Uncharted 3 available for at least a day and a half, which is a pretty damn long time considering they're free and it didn't take much effort to win them. We're lucky that we had THAT much time to claim prizes for a game that came out a month ago. If this happened for any other promo, they'd probably be gone in a few minutes, not over a day.. You've gotta stay on top of things if you want prizes on this level, being 2 days late is a seriously long time for something like this.

Pretty much the only reason the supply of prizes lasted so long is because this promo had no advertising.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Everyone who was able to win should be thankful that Sony botched this contest in nearly every way possible. They didn't even announce it on their Facebook page until yesterday after nearly all of the prizes had been claimed. 2-3 days is a long time to be able to win these types of prizes but the fact that the contest still runs for 10 more days is just further poor planning on their part. They probably weren't expecting people to be so generous and helpful to assist others in finding the prizes like what happened and probably expected the prizes to last longer. 675 games is a lot to give away. I'm glad they didn't do this, but if they'd been smart they would have made like 5 or 6 CE games and 40 or so SE games available each day so people would have to come back daily to play. Had they done that though, they would have been gone in minutes each day.

I think the ease in which everyone who wanted a game was able to get one is partly why everyone is questioning whether or not they will ever actually get one.

[quote name='simmias']And actually, this thread has been one of my favorite examples of lack of greed on CAG in recent memory. Tons of people were helping each other out to ensure CAGs got most of the prizes before this blew up on SD or FW or somewhere else. It made me remember why I love this place.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! :D

IDK how or why but I just got a bunch of Amazon Gcards on my list that I didn't have before. I found the rooms before but they were all empty.
uc32.png

I also want to just say thanks to everyone in the thread who made guides for the rest of us that was really awesome of all of you!

[quote name='chaoticorder75']Well since we have to wait until 12/20, we might as well think about the clues and try a get a CAG to win it.

England Clues:
2. It's not the stadium.

Columbia Clues:
3. Ignore the corners.

France Clues:

Syria Clues:

I am not sure what else we can even do except have a better idea of where to search when it is released.[/QUOTE]

If we could get a team together, I'd be more than happy with splitting the reward.

Yeah I was definitely surprised that there were still copies of the game left when I got mine. I really appreciate the OP for making this post and I believe it was Megma (sorry if I got the name wrong) who pointed out the spot where I found my copy. Thank you guys so much.

I got a standard UC3 and a few of the gift cards out of this, but for some reason I have a feeling i'll never see them. The DL codes worked though. But I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='Gannikus']So there's nomore stuff left?...[/QUOTE] There's plenty of download codes, but the CE and Gift Cards are drained for sure. You might stumble upon a regular Uncharted 3 (it seems Sony put in quite a lot of them, people were still finding them yesterday).

[quote name='The McMuffin Fanboy']There's plenty of download codes, but the CE and Gift Cards are drained for sure. You might stumble upon a regular Uncharted 3 (it seems Sony put in quite a lot of them, people were still finding them yesterday).[/QUOTE]

where? I tried Colombia, France and Syria but nothing came out... every place that held a CE or a regular ed. were all claimed... (though it had registered a CE and a regular copy for me on Colombia, and I know it means nothing)

bread's done
Back