Uncharted 3 Find the Ring Facebook Promotion [AMAZON GCs EMAILED OUT]

I had no trouble getting in, I just couldn't find it.
What I did was I got on like 2 minutes before, when the map unlocked I went to england and then the new map let me load it.

It's in the middle-top of the map, near the airport and the stadium. It's to the left of the prominent roadway, and to the right of a big compound-like structure. The "park that looks like a flower" was the huge hint.

[quote name='tankyroo']I had no trouble getting in, I just couldn't find it.
What I did was I got on like 2 minutes before, when the map unlocked I went to england and then the new map let me load it.[/QUOTE]

Did you do it on the mobile stie or on a regular webpage?

So I got a pop up saying I had won a CE edition and was told by prize logic that I had in fact not, and the game crashes as soon as the new map opens for a $10,000 prize that was won in approx 30 seconds.

Multiple glitches, crashes, resets and all prizes claimed in about 5 minutes total for a game that ran for about 2 weeks.

Most poorly run contest in history? Perhaps.

[quote name='tankyroo']I had no trouble getting in, I just couldn't find it.
What I did was I got on like 2 minutes before, when the map unlocked I went to england and then the new map let me load it.[/QUOTE]
That's what I should have done, damn it. The map didn't open for me, so I backed out and restarted the app, which took forever.

I can't believe how easy it was to find. It was literally directly north of that park shaped like a flower.

[quote name='slowdive21']I just want to see the map, to see if I had the right location and I cant get this shit to load.[/QUOTE]

its in the yemen city of sanaa

[quote name='bmac']So I got a pop up saying I had won a CE edition and was told by prize logic that I had in fact not, and the game crashes as soon as the new map opens for a $10,000 prize that was won in approx 30 seconds.

Multiple glitches, crashes, resets and all prizes claimed in about 5 minutes total for a game that ran for about 2 weeks.

Most poorly run contest in history? Perhaps.[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about? CEs were available for hours, Amazon gift cards for over a day, regular editions for like 2 days, and free DLC is available even now. And best yet, most of the major prizes were won by CAGs. Best contest ever, in my opinion.

Where was the actual spot? I had combed google maps ahead of time (and actually picked the correct spot the map was gonna be :D ) and I found all the land marks and broke it down to a small search area, but I didn't seem to find it.

[quote name='darkstar12010']that sucks hopefully they will still give us the copies of the game we won earlier on[/QUOTE]
If you won something before the reset then you should be getting it.
If you won something after the reset you might not be getting it.

The only proof I have of this is that people that contacted support about their prizes before the reset got confirmation that they did in fact win the prizes. As far as I know anyone who won something after the reset that contacted support hasn't even gotten a response yet.

They do reserve the right to deny people prizes and it would be expected that those who won before the reset will get their stuff while those who won after the reset will be told it was an error, that they shouldn't have won, and be denied their prizes.

Only time will tell though.

[quote name='LoganDX']the dlc, was it all just for the multiplayer portion?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Pretty stupid the app wasn't set to load the map at 12 if you were already logged into it. You had to refresh when EVERYONE was logging in at the same time. So some loser who had multiple computers (bots) was able to get it instantly.

Okay I'm doing something wrong when i can't even find the park shaped like a flower.

I realize the ring was found 17 minutes ago I just want to find it anyway.

[quote name='simmias']It's in the middle-top of the map, near the airport and the stadium. It's to the left of the prominent roadway, and to the right of a big compound-like structure. The "park that looks like a flower" was the huge hint.[/QUOTE]
While I didn't unlock the prize, thanks for the help. Had no issues getting in, just couldn't find the damn thing quick enough.

[quote name='XboxBlis']Where was the actual spot? I had combed google maps ahead of time (and actually picked the correct spot the map was gonna be :D ) and I found all the land marks and broke it down to a small search area, but I didn't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]
Go to the park shaped like a flower in the middle of the map. Follow the large roadway up. It's on the left side of the road between the middle and top of the map.

[quote name='Rangerowneg']Okay I'm doing something wrong when i can't even find the park shaped like a flower.

I realize the ring was found 17 minutes ago I just want to find it anyway.[/QUOTE]
I think they took it down. I found it but when I went back to check the location again it was gone.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']As far as I know anyone who won something after the reset that contacted support hasn't even gotten a response yet.[/QUOTE]

I won the SE after the reset and got a response back in 2 days saying I did win it.

Goddammit! It's right about where I thought it was! (The flower-park was, indeed, a good hint.)

findthering2.jpg

That's bull. I'm not sure if the right map loaded because it never stopped scrolling even on the widest view. I think it's crap they don't give a fair chance to everyone (we all know it was super slow to load and it didn't automatically open when time hit zero), but at least I can enjoy the fact that I collected all the other items on a technically 'fake' FB account. I wouldn't use that site otherwise.

[quote name='bmac']So I got a pop up saying I had won a CE edition and was told by prize logic that I had in fact not, and the game crashes as soon as the new map opens for a $10,000 prize that was won in approx 30 seconds.

Most poorly run contest in history? Perhaps.[/QUOTE]
Well if you won that CE after the first day of the contest, and hence after the accidental reset, then there is a very good reason why you were denied the prize.

Really the only problems were the reset, which was unfortunate, and the crash during the final map, which is actually expected with so many people getting in to the game all at once.

One of the best contests in my opinion since so many CAGs grabbed so many prizes.

[quote name='simmias']What are you talking about? CEs were available for hours, Amazon gift cards for over a day, regular editions for like 2 days, and free DLC is available even now. And best yet, most of the major prizes were won by CAGs. Best contest ever, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Exactly this. CEs lasted for much longer than expected, as did SEs and Amazon GCs. Damn fine contest, aside from the hiccups along the way.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I won the SE after the reset and got a response back in 2 days saying I did win it.[/QUOTE]

Then there is hope for those who won after the reset :D

[quote name='simmias']What are you talking about? CEs were available for hours, Amazon gift cards for over a day, regular editions for like 2 days, and free DLC is available even now. And best yet, most of the major prizes were won by CAGs. Best contest ever, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it wasn't a good contest, just a poorly run one. I'm certainly not complaining about winning a free copy of the game. (Assuming that is that I ever receive it) However, In my opinion if you win a prize it should be honored. A glitch in their programming should not be an excuse to not honor a prize that was won in a contest. And pretending it didn't happen shouldn't be the response by the people running the game.

Well, It is a shame they didn't at least give us a chance to mess around with the map. (I never got to see it). From what people have written I was pretty close, but probably would have been beaten to the punch anyway.

[quote name='bmac']I didn't say it wasn't a good contest, just a poorly run one. I'm certainly not complaining about winning a free copy of the game. However, In my opinion if you win a prize it should be honored. A glitch in their programming should not be an excuse to not honor a prize that was won in a contest. And pretending it didn't happen shouldn't be the response by the people running the game.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes problems happen and they just can't be honored. The official rules even state that they reserve the right to deny people prizes.

And they haven't pretended that it didn't happen. People contacted support and support stated that the reset did happen and that it was an accident. They didn't deny a thing or shrug it off at all.

Besides, it was run on Facebook. Facebook, aside from being a breeding ground for garbage(no offense to those who like it), is absolutely terrible when it comes to games.

Sony drops right at $50k on this contest, Sony announces this contest on the Playstation Blog 2 days after it started. They screwed up their own contest, but I am grateful they did. Most of the winners in this contest were CAG's thanks to Sony screwing up their own contest, be grateful.

Thank you Sony for gift cards and a free game and a lot of DLC with barely any competition lol. I won all my stuff like 12-14 hours after it launched or something but before the reset.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Sometimes problems happen and they just can't be honored. The official rules even state that they reserve the right to deny people prizes.

And they haven't pretended that it didn't happen. People contacted support and support stated that the reset did happen and that it was an accident. They didn't deny a thing or shrug it off at all.

Besides, it was run on Facebook. Facebook, aside from being a breeding ground for garbage(no offense to those who like it), is absolutely terrible when it comes to games.[/QUOTE]

I would also like to add, facebook form a programming standpoint is terrible. I don't understand how people can become billionares and not put any effort back into their product. (I understand the attitude of "I made my money. I'm otta here!"), but there should be some form of social responsibility to improve or at least maintain your product if you are continuing to build wealth form it.

[quote name='slowdive21']I would also like to add, facebook form a programming standpoint is terrible. I don't understand how people can become billionares and not put any effort back into their product. (I understand the attitude of "I made my money. I'm otta here!"), but there should be some form of social responsibility to improve or at least maintain your product if you are continuing to build wealth form it.[/QUOTE]

This exactly. Facebook has some seriously shoddy programming. I only have a fake FB account I made to take part in some giveaways and such, but even doing the bare minimum of activity on the site shows its shoddy workmanship.
They never "fix" the site, they just add more ads and more things demanding access to your personal info.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Sometimes problems happen and they just can't be honored. The official rules even state that they reserve the right to deny people prizes.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree completely. I contacted them and they mentioned nothing about a glitch or a reset, nor did they explain how I could have gotten a pop up saying congratulations you won a collectors edition copy of the game when apparently it was not true.

They just told me what I had won, no explanation for the other prizes I won, just like it never happened.

And just because you have the right to deny anyone a prize, that doesn't mean people don't have a right to be upset when they are led to believe they won something that they didn't.

There could have been at most what? 20 or 30 CE's collected by people after the reset before they corrected the problem?

[quote name='bmac']I disagree completely. I contacted them and they mentioned nothing about a glitch or a reset, nor did they explain how I could have gotten a pop up saying congratulations you won a collectors edition copy of the game when apparently it was not true.

They just told me what I had won, no explanation for the other prizes I won, just like it never happened.

And just because you have the right to deny anyone a prize, that doesn't mean people don't have a right to be upset when they are led to believe they won something that they didn't.[/QUOTE]

Just because the person who got in touch with you from support didn't state it didn't mean others didn't. Every person has their own way to respond to a situation.

And I never said you didn't have the right to be upset. I simply said that there is valid reasoning why said prizes were not confirmed for you. You are acting like the entire contest is this way when you just had a bad experience with one prize/one customer support member. Feel free to be upset if you wish, you have the right to be.

I've had extremely horrible experiences with both EA and Microsoft customer support but I don't condemn the entire customer support department for it.

[quote name='bmac']I disagree completely. I contacted them and they mentioned nothing about a glitch or a reset, nor did they explain how I could have gotten a pop up saying congratulations you won a collectors edition copy of the game when apparently it was not true.

And just because you have the right to deny anyone a prize, that doesn't mean people don't have a right to be upset when they are led to believe they won something that they didn't.

There could have been at most what? 20 or 30 CE's collected by people after the reset before they corrected the problem?[/QUOTE]

Shit does this happen, and their system had an accidental reset. It wasn't deliberate, and they're not scamming you, they had an error. If this was on purpose and was meant to scam, then yes, being upset is reasonable, but the reset was mistake, you just say eh and move on.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Just because the person who got in touch with you from support didn't state it didn't mean others didn't. Every person has their own way to respond to a situation.

And I never said you didn't have the right to be upset. I simply said that there is valid reasoning why said prizes were not confirmed for you. You are acting like the entire contest is this way when you just had a bad experience with one prize/one customer support member.

I've had extremely horrible experiences with both EA and Microsoft customer support but I don't condemn the entire company for it.[/QUOTE]

You might be right, but every response posted on here was nearly identical to the generic response I received.

[quote name='bmac']You might be right, but every response posted on here was nearly identical to the generic response I received.[/QUOTE]

Well sure when you list something it is going to look like another list, especially when you are told to list the prizes in descending order of value.

But I digress. I feel the errors may have slightly been on their hands, but more likely on Facebook's God awful programming. The fact that anything can even run on that site is a damn miracle.

There could have been at most what? 20 or 30 CE's collected by people after the reset before they corrected the problem?[/QUOTE]

NO ones saying you cant be upset... we just dont care since it's not really their fault.

Most every contest like this one is going to experience issues, mostly due to congestion. The entitlement issue is getting out of control.

I hope we start getting prize notifications sooner rather than later. :)

Personally, I didn't think I would win the Grand Prize (for the life of me, I STILL have not found the park in the shape of a flower in the map, but brute forced mouse-clicked my way to the location). The map loaded easily enough for me, but for as much traffic to occur at the point that someone won the 10K, Sony/fb should have planned for that. I feel sorry for those of you that could not open the map.

As for our prizes, hopefully, we'll get the instructions to confirm our information soon.

[quote name='admiralvic']NO ones saying you cant be upset... we just dont care since it's not really their fault.[/QUOTE]

I'm not all that upset really but I suspect that "we" only includes those who won without complications. I suspect you wouldn't be so quick to rush to the defense of the corporation running the contest if it happened to you.

I'm also pretty sure anyone in the history of any contest who sees the words "Congratulations, you have won!" and not receive their prize would also be upset and likely would never say, oh well it's not their fault.

And it absolutely is their fault if they are the ones running the contest and the ones who didn't test it properly before having it go live. Even if they don't honor the prize, a simple apology would be nice.

[quote name='goddessbunny42']Personally, I didn't think I would win the Grand Prize (for the life of me, I STILL have not found the park in the shape of a flower in the map, but brute forced mouse-clicked my way to the location). The map loaded easily enough for me, but for as much traffic to occur at the point that someone won the 10K, Sony/fb should have planned for that. I feel sorry for those of you that could not open the map.

As for our prizes, hopefully, we'll get the instructions to confirm our information soon.[/QUOTE]

It's not really shaped like a flower, there is a flower like shape in it though. If you see it, you can make out a stem and a flower bud. Otherwise the park itself is shaped like an rectangle. Top side longer then the other.

[quote name='goddessbunny42']Personally, I didn't think I would win the Grand Prize (for the life of me, I STILL have not found the park in the shape of a flower in the map, but brute forced mouse-clicked my way to the location). The map loaded easily enough for me, but for as much traffic to occur at the point that someone won the 10K, Sony/fb should have planned for that. I feel sorry for those of you that could not open the map.

As for our prizes, hopefully, we'll get the instructions to confirm our information soon.[/QUOTE]
LOL, I did have a mini freak-out when I found the ring so quickly, but when the "already been claimed" message came up, I was like, "of course!" I wonder which SDer won it? ;)

[quote name='CandyCaptain']It's not really shaped like a flower, there is a flower like shape in it though. If you see it, you can make out a stem and a flower bud. Otherwise the park itself is shaped like an rectangle. Top side longer then the other.[/QUOTE]

CandyCaptain ... thank you so very much for describing what this park looks like. :applause:

I scoured this map for at least 20 minutes, going off of the 12 clues, with that one thinking it was VERY significant. Also, the resolution on my contest/fb map looked washed out compared to the actual Google map of Sanaa.

Thanks again!!!:mrgreen:

btw ... CAGers are the best!

[quote name='jedijeff']Most every contest like this one is going to experience issues, mostly due to congestion. The entitlement issue is getting out of control.

I hope we start getting prize notifications sooner rather than later. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='admiralvic']NO ones saying you cant be upset... we just dont care since it's not really their fault.[/QUOTE]

No need to be d-bags.

[quote name='bmac']I'm not all that upset really but I suspect that "we" only includes those who won without complications. I suspect you wouldn't be so quick to rush to the defense of the corporation running the contest if it happened to you.

I'm also pretty sure anyone in the history of any contest who sees the words "Congratulations, you have won!" and not receive their prize they won is would also be upset and likely wouldn't say, oh well it's not their fault.

And it absolutely is their fault if they are the ones running the contest and the ones who didn't test it properly before having it go live. It can't be anyone else's fault if mistakes were made.[/QUOTE]

I sympathize with you. If you have screen prints showing the wins, I would try to take it up with prizelogic. They have a facebook page. If you have a screen print that also shows you logged into facebook (your name on the top) that would be a good start. They may also have a twitter page. Bad PR will cost them more than 1 CE of Uncharted 3. I am not saying you will get something, but it is worth a shot for piece of mind.

Personally this has been the 'best' in terms of winning prizelogic contest for me. Followed by my ipod sobe win.

[quote name='shadylane']was todays's only prize just the 10,000 prize or was there more CE's and DLC??[/QUOTE]
Only the 10k.

Did someone here win it or no? I probably won't read through all the pages because I don't care enough, just curious.

And who do we e-mail to find out what we won and what we're not going to get?

bread's done
Back