Uncharted and Socom (PS3) $29.99 Greatest Hits - Aug 16

Call me when it's $10. This really doesn't impress me as a deal since they're only now forced to lower the price or look like idiots.

It should have been this cheap over a year ago.

Glad it is FINALLY getting a price drop too. It took long enough. This is an AWESOME game though. But for sure with an MSRP of $30 it will easily be on sale for $20 or less soon.

[quote name='Jodou']Call me when it's $10. This really doesn't impress me as a deal since they're only now forced to lower the price or look like idiots.

It should have been this cheap over a year ago.[/QUOTE]

You sound like you are really pissed about this game. But on another note I agree the price should have been lowered a long time ago but to this day I still think it is well worth the $60.

I own Uncharted & have beat this game 5 times! It IS that good! I just need to play it once more on Crushing to get the Platinum trophy.... I just have this back log of other games, but I will be getting back to it before Uncharted 2 is out.

[quote name='Jodou']Call me when it's $10. This really doesn't impress me as a deal since they're only now forced to lower the price or look like idiots.

Nobody is going to call you.

TESTIFY! Preach it brotha!

One of the best games ive ever played, im going through it now on Crushing and its a beast. If you haven't played this game, you are missing out on the game of the generation on any console.

I wonder if Target will have the same pricing error as they did with Ratchet & Clank Future as well as GT 5 Prologue...

[quote name='no_exit']I wonder if Target will have the same pricing error as they did with Ratchet & Clank Future as well as GT 5 Prologue...[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same... hoping that is the case!

Finally. I almost said forget it and bought it from Amazon this week for $46, but now I'll just wait a few more days.

[quote name='no_exit']I wonder if Target will have the same pricing error as they did with Ratchet & Clank Future as well as GT 5 Prologue...[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't they have to restock Uncharted as they clearanced it out a while ago? I tried to find it for $15 back then with no luck. =(

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Wouldn't they have to restock Uncharted as they clearanced it out a while ago? I tried to find it for $15 back then with no luck. =([/QUOTE]

That's the point, when they restocked GT and R&C they screwed up and brought it back at clearance prices for a couple of days.

It's nice this is FINALLY $30, as I never saw it at any of my local Targets... not going to buy at $30 but it makes finding it for $20 much more realistic.

it's about fucking time! seriously
although the wrong time since my list of games that i'll be buying on day one is larger than usual, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Professor Layton, Halo 3: ODST, Brutal Legend, MW2 and with the GH:VH deal with GH5 thats now on my list.

Of course there are many more i want but they will have to wait until they can be picked up at a fraction of the price.

Still i really should pick up Uncharted now considering that the last retail game i bought for PS3 was when I picked up my PS3 back in nov last year.

I'll probably get it if I can get the original packaging for the Greatest Hits price. I just got a PS3 about a month ago and have really been wanting to play Drakes Fortune. But a game that's been out for what, a year and a half? Not worth the full $60.

[quote name='smackattack']TESTIFY! Preach it brotha![/QUOTE]

WORD IS BORN yo!

seriously, the game was very good, but I would hardly call it the best on PS3 personally. I think that is probably Killzone 2.

I bought it off ebay for around 38 more than 1 year used.

Sony really needs to get more 1st party exclusives.

[quote name='blah29']WORD IS BORN yo![/QUOTE]

yeah...that's not the right phrase. Bond, dude. B-o-n-d.

I'll echo some of the "about time" crowd, but this game is 100% worth playing if you own a PS3. Just expertly put together and produced.

[quote name='auburntigersfan4life']can you elaborate on this target thing please?[/QUOTE]
As Justin42 stated a few posts above:

That's the point, when they restocked GT and R&C they screwed up and brought it back at clearance prices for a couple of days.

all i can say is durrr. they had to lower the price as the sequel (which will be 2 fold better, maybe 3 fold better) comes out in 2 months. im still pissed that sony hasnt really tried to establish true gh library. let the users pick it for gosh sakes and it needs to be at least 30 games deep at this point.

That's good news. I wonder if retailers clearing out SOCOM will sell the copies bundled with the headsets for $30. That's what they did with Warhawk if I remember.

I believe that it will happen like Warhawk. Retailers (like Kmart and Sears) will just update their princes and sell the whole bundle for 29.

Socom! Really? Jeesh, didn't that just come out not even 9 months ago? I thought it sold like ass and wasn't a very good game? Hooray for Uncharted though. Every PS3 owner should have that game.

Now if only Nintendo could get their sh*t together I would feel more inclined to buy a Wii. I think this is great, but doesn't it kind of undermine the value of the 160GB package now?

[quote name='equest943']Now if only Nintendo could get their sh*t together I would feel more inclined to buy a Wii. I think this is great, but doesn't it kind of undermine the value of the 160GB package now?[/QUOTE]

My guess is, if they do indeed announce a ps3 slim and or a price cut on the 18th at gamescon that they will stop selling a bundle with uncharted.

[quote name='Law_Professor']I must be super confused, because I thought Uncharted was a Greatest Hit for a long time.[/QUOTE]

I think it's been in Europe since last summer but for some reason they were trying to milk that $60 price in the US for as long as they could. I guess one benefit is those who play Uncharted for the first time as GH only have to wait 2 months for Uncharted 2 (unless you want to wait for that to hit GH as well...who knows how long that will take).

bread's done
Back