Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - OUT NOW - Trophy Patch Released!

If people are going to cheat to get trophies, and achievements, then it destroys the whole system. Why should games even have a score... Cartman58 you're missing the whole point of the system.. the point is competition. Trophies and Acheivements, are no different than the scores people put up... its all for competition. Who cares if I can get a million and one points in Pac Man if isn't in competition against a friend who can only get to that million'th point. As you said ealier if you run the gauntlet and earn your trophy, then it has meaning to you... to someone who cheats and earns it; it doesn't have meaning to them. Problem is that evetually while you're running the gauntlet and people continue cheating, eventually its not going to be worth it to you and you may end up cheating yourself. But overall, if MS and Sony don't stop cheating then the system will be broken.

[quote name='cartman58']:wall:

If they were retroactive I wouldn't NEED the game again. I've already beat it.. Try to stay with me here. Man, I give up.[/quote]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Of course you would, you need the disc to get the update that adds the trophies. Don't get mad at dallow for your mistake.[/quote]
Exactamundo.

Now, if you'll guys excuse me...... :boots up Uncharted: :drool::drool::drool:

dayum. Just when I thought I was gonna play just the Burnout Paradise patch, this comes out! Crap, oh well, I gotta boot it up again now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Of course you would, you need the disc to get the update that adds the trophies. [/QUOTE]

I didn't consider this actually. Not as if I couldn't pick up and a quick copy on Goozex and then ship it back out.

Don't get mad at dallow for your mistake.

What was my mistake? The disc thing?

I think I'm just going to leave this discussion alone though. Apparently I'm in the minority for feeling that I should be able to get trophies for something I've already done. BTW, I'm not "mad" at Dallow or anyone else here. I just think you are idiots for thinking that blocking cheaters should be of more importance than rewarding people who purchased your product and gained achievements.

Well I am enjoying things so far going through the game all over again. Have 48% of the trophies so far after one night of playing. Should finish the game the first time again tonight or tomorrow and then work at the crushing difficulty completion.

Never did try the harder difficulties the first time around so I'm not sure how hard it will be. Hopefully its just more difficult and not insanely cheap.

[quote name='cartman58']I didn't consider this actually. Not as if I couldn't pick up and a quick copy on Goozex and then ship it back out.

What was my mistake? The disc thing?

I think I'm just going to leave this discussion alone though. Apparently I'm in the minority for feeling that I should be able to get trophies for something I've already done. BTW, I'm not "mad" at Dallow or anyone else here. I just think you are idiots for thinking that blocking cheaters should be of more importance than rewarding people who purchased your product and gained achievements.[/quote]
You're not mad at us, but think we're idiots because Sony builds their trophy system with the lowest common denominator in mind? You don't own the game anymore and are not going to have trophies handed to you on a silver platter, so the sooner you get over that, the better. Sony's giving everybody a fresh start to earning their trophies and you have to deal with that.

Yeah i agree with frisky. You want the trophies? You gotta earn them. Sony was nice enough to give us trophies and what do people do? Still complain. I don't mind re-playing this game, it's one of the best games I played on PS3.

Well, I decided to just start anew and try my luck with a new file.

This one seems to be giving me trophies on it, which is good. Still not sure why the first one stopped after the first trophy, as I hadn't messed with it (and it was a new post-update save and everything).

[quote name='Solid-Snake-08']Yeah i agree with frisky. You want the trophies? You gotta earn them. Sony was nice enough to give us trophies and what do people do? Still complain. I don't mind re-playing this game, it's one of the best games I played on PS3.[/quote]

It should've been retroactive. Case closed. Why punish the people who already played it?

That said, has the patch moved some of the treasures around? I swear some of the ones I remember aren't in the same place I thought they were.

[quote name='Rig']Well, I decided to just start anew and try my luck with a new file.

This one seems to be giving me trophies on it, which is good. Still not sure why the first one stopped after the first trophy, as I hadn't messed with it (and it was a new post-update save and everything).[/quote]
I think what happened to you and Mak is that you saved your new game over the pre-update save file?

Am I right?
I heard that blocks your trophies.

Well, played tonight for a little bit and got 7 trophies or so. What a great game!

---

Yeah they should have been Nephla, but they can't be.
That is case closed.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']It should've been retroactive. Case closed. Why punish the people who already played it?

That said, has the patch moved some of the treasures around? I swear some of the ones I remember aren't in the same place I thought they were.[/quote]

Because they never said Trophies would be retroactive on this game; it was just assumed (by me, as well). I also assumed COD4 & DMC4 would receive trophies, but so far they've been confirmed as NOT getting them.

Oddly, I hear the reason these trophies are not retroactive is to make sure the big "gamerscore fiasco" that came from places like "that game save site". After all, what's the point of having trophies if you can't guarantee you earned it? And can you really say you've earned it, if you could never do it again?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You're not mad at us, but think we're idiots because Sony builds their trophy system with the lowest common denominator in mind?[/QUOTE]

Yea, pretty much.

You don't own the game anymore and are not going to have trophies handed to you on a silver platter, so the sooner you get over that, the better.

I JUST said that I would pick it up on Goozex, get the trophy patch, and then send it back out. Granted, I would do that IF they were retroactive.

Sony's giving everybody a fresh start to earning their trophies and you have to deal with that.

Who needs a fresh start? I really don't get where you guys come up with this stuff. If you've beaten a game, you've beaten a game. If the only logic behind who gets their trophies and who isn't is determined by when you bought/played the game then you have a silly system. Period.

I would expect you to ride me in this thread. The same guy who ran our MLB 08 league, ignored my PMs, and wouldn't play me only to give himself a free win because he had to get a win to get into the playoffs. You've got something against me and that's something YOU have to deal with.

Either way, I'll just leave this alone as the point has been proven and I'd rather not take a ban for this.

[quote name='dallow']I think what happened to you and Mak is that you saved your new game over the pre-update save file?

Am I right?
I heard that blocks your trophies.
[/quote]

I suppose that's possible, as I had put Uncharted in the PS3 once, before the update. But, I didn't play a file, so I dunno if I would've had a save file on there.

I've been wanting to play through Uncharted again since I finished it on Normal a few weeks ago, glad this came out already so I didn't have to wait longer! I also had a problem with getting a few trophies and then having them stop unlock, I had to start a new game without carrying over my medals and stuff. I don't mind having to start from scratch again since I really enjoy the game. I was only on Chapter 5 when the trophies stopped unlocking, so it didn't take too long to get back there from a new game.

[quote name='dallow']

Yeah they should have been Nephla, but they can't be.
That is case closed.[/quote]

I know all games can't have trophy support. But (imo) games that came out this year should be patched up with trophies. I'm not demanding that COD3 gets patched or anything like that, but at the very least, have MGS4 be patched. Good God. It's the biggest PS3 game yet it doesn't have that feature. Blows my mind.

Also, like I've said so many times, what about locked save files? Surely those games can be patched to be retroactive, because it has a safeguard against Sony's phobia of every gamer having a perfect gamerscore.

For those games you have to ask the dev to make the patch. Not Sony.
IW already said no to patches for CoD4, and Insomoniac isn't making trophies for Resistance or R&C.

Naughty Dog just stepped up when they didn't have to.

[quote name='dallow']For those games you have to ask the dev to make the patch. Not Sony.
IW already said no to patches for CoD4, and Insomoniac isn't making trophies for Resistance or R&C.

Naughty Dog just stepped up when they didn't have to.[/quote]

And that's the real reason why we're not getting them. Not because of the DL game saves. That's why I roll my eyes every time I hear them use that excuse.

[quote name='dallow']
Naughty Dog just stepped up when they didn't have to.[/quote]

And for that, they'll certainly get my consideration on their future endeavors. Even non - Uncharted 2 games. :)

[quote name='Blackout542']And that's the real reason why we're not getting them. Not because of the DL game saves. That's why I roll my eyes every time I hear them use that excuse.[/quote]
That excuse is for why they aren't retroactive, not for why devs are not making the patches.

I can't wait to see how :drool: Uncharted 2 looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cartman58']Who needs a fresh start? I really don't get where you guys come up with this stuff. If you've beaten a game, you've beaten a game. If the only logic behind who gets their trophies and who isn't is determined by when you bought/played the game then you have a silly system. Period.

I would expect you to ride me in this thread. The same guy who ran our MLB 08 league, ignored my PMs, and wouldn't play me only to give himself a free win because he had to get a win to get into the playoffs. You've got something against me and that's something YOU have to deal with.

Either way, I'll just leave this alone as the point has been proven and I'd rather not take a ban for this.[/quote]
To have a fair system, everybody needs to start off on equal ground. Just giving out free trophies for anybody with a save would ruin the point of the whole thing quickly.

Talk about spreading a bunch of bullshit lies to throw out more insults. I didn't ignore PMs, as I read them all. I just didn't respond to them all, but not because I didn't care. Wouldn't play you? We tried to play and we couldnt connect after a dozen attempts, so there was nothing we could do. I got the win through the same means that I go through to decide any other unresolved game, which was a part of the rules from the beginning that everybody was fine with. If a win really meant that much to you, you were free to ask and I could've just given it to you to make you feel better.

I don't have a grudge against you, but you obviously have one against me or you wouldn't have brought dirty laundry into this thread for no reason.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']To have a fair system, everybody needs to start off on equal ground. Just giving out free trophies for anybody with a save would ruin the point of the whole thing quickly. [/QUOTE]

How would it ruin it? If I play and beat the game I get my trophies. What do you really care if some guy gets a save file and has all the trophies? There is no gain for having them all. You just have the privilege of having a few more icons on your XMB to look at. It does hold real value to someone that actually does it.

That's what nobody is getting, there is nothing to be gained by getting a save file. Nothing. If you had no trophies one day and then all of them the next people are going to call you out, if they even care. You are cheating no one but yourself as you will know you didn't earn them.

Talk about spreading a bunch of bullshit lies to throw out more insults. I didn't ignore PMs, as I read them all. I just didn't respond to them all, but not because I didn't care. Wouldn't play you? We tried to play and we couldnt connect after a dozen attempts, so there was nothing we could do. I got the win through the same means that I go through to decide any other unresolved game, which was a part of the rules from the beginning that everybody was fine with.

You ignored my PMs after that attempting to reschedule after our first problem. We tried to play early in the week(monday or tuesday?). I then sent a PM trying to get it in again later that week and you gave ZERO response to that at all. You didn't respond and then coincidentally your "random draw" decision making process gave you a free win over me to put you in the playoffs. What's more convenient, actually playing the divisional leader and undefeated owner or ignoring PMs and "randomly" deciding to give yourself a win? A loss and you are out, a win and you are in. You and I both know that after we couldn't connect that first time that you were not going to play me.

You've ridden my ass in multiple threads now. So to be honest, what other reason than that you have beef with me would I expect that?

[quote name='cartman58']You ignored my PMs after that attempting to reschedule after our first problem. We tried to play early in the week(monday or tuesday?). I then sent a PM trying to get it in again later that week and you gave ZERO response to that at all. You didn't respond and then coincidentally your "random draw" decision making process gave you a free win over me to put you in the playoffs. What's more convenient, actually playing the divisional leader and undefeated owner or ignoring PMs and "randomly" deciding to give yourself a win? A loss and you are out, a win and you are in. You and I both know that after we couldn't connect that first time that you were not going to play me.

You've ridden my ass in multiple threads now. So to be honest, what other reason than that you have beef with me would I expect that?[/quote]
I don't recall any PMs after that, but being a little fuzzy on the whole situation myself, I did a little research and this is what I gathered. You sent me a PM about two hours or so after the week opened up on 6/23 (I can take a screenshot of my inbox to prove this) and being that I'm usually busy Monday and Tuesday, I didn't get around to responding, but we scheduled on Wednesday, 6/25, that we'd play the following night on Thursday, 6/26. We tried a dozen or more times to get connected that night, but nothing would go through, so we went our separate ways. Being that you were busy, as you stated in the thread, on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, we couldn't get another game in and there being no other PM from you besides the initial one at the beginning of the week, I don't see where I ignored your PMs to reschedule. None of what you recalled happening seemed to occur.

I'm sorry that ordeal caused you to become so bitter, but I didn't plan this elegant conspiracy to screw you over. If that one loss caused you to lose twice more, I apologize, but it wasn't anything more than luck of the draw. I don't have any beef with you.

I only need to beat the game again on Crushing and I'll have that elusive platinum trophy. Wee!

Good thing I can use the rewards menu and magically equip Drake with some heavy hitting weapons to make it a little bit easier.

Really? I went through the first third of the game yesterday and the options for weapon select and slow motion mode on Crushing were disabled whenever I checked.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Really? I went through the first third of the game yesterday and the options for weapon select and slow motion mode on Crushing were disabled whenever I checked.[/quote]

Doh. Guess I spoke to soon about using the weapon select menu while playing on Crushing. You can only use it on difficulty modes you've already beaten.

Been playing this again because of trophies obviously. Man I forgot how much I loved it. Maybe it's better the 2nd time through. Anyway, I am going through on normal to get all the treasure and as many trophies as possible, then again on crushing to get the remaining. I found melee a lot of fun too. I never used it the first play through.

What would you call Uncharted? 3rd person action? 3rd person shooter? Anyway, I am wondering if there are any other good games in the same style on PS3 or later on PS2.

[quote name='Jest']What would you call Uncharted? 3rd person action? 3rd person shooter? Anyway, I am wondering if there are any other good games in the same style on PS3 or later on PS2.[/QUOTE]

It gets the same third-person action adventure cachet that most other platformer-but-not-quite titles recieve.

And from what I've read, Tomb Raider Underworld is probably a good bet come the fall.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Doh. Guess I spoke to soon about using the weapon select menu while playing on Crushing. You can only use it on difficulty modes you've already beaten.[/quote]

Slow motion mode?

I call it a platformer more than anything.

EDIT: I have 19 trophies so far, and just got to Chapter 10 (using a Treasure guide) on Easy. Yeah, I'm going on Easy for 2 reasons: #1 - Easy Treasure finding, #2 - I won't have to worry about getting X amount of kills with each weapon on harder difficulties.

Oh, and for some games I turn the volume down and listen to something else. This is the only game I refuse to have the volume down for. I've listened to every cutscene, every environment, everything.

I don't normally remember game music in this era, but the score is quite nice in this game.

Really glad they have an uncompressed option too.

Just beat the game tonight (on hard difficulty). First time through, and I only need four or so more trophies.

Got all the treasures, which is good. Now, I can rush through the game on the hardest difficulty without worrying about them.

EDIT: Just need the Crushing difficulty trophy, which would also get me the Platinum.

70% of trophies, did not know normal did not unlock crushing *sighs* Still have to pass game on hard and crushing for 100% :(

[quote name='anomynous']I still need to pick this game up, but I don't want to spend more than $40 on it[/quote]

I have a theory that when all those other announced PS2 games become greatest hits in September this and Ratchet will too (maybe heavenly sword if it sold enough).

Rarely do I play a game more than once. However, with the trophies and such, I figured I'd dust this off and give it another playthrough... man I forgot how much I liked this game. And the fact that I've already played it once makes getting a lot of these trophies kinda easy. For example, first time I played the game, I almost never used the fist-to-fist combat, but I just played through almost the entire first 2.5 levels just doing brutal combos to unlock those. Did the same for a fwe of the other trophies. Once I unlock/collect everything, then I can fly through hard and crushing modes w/o much worry.

I beat the game on Easy tonight. Got 35 out of 48 trophies, including all of the treasures and survivor. I'm probably going to give it a go on Hard again, and try to get Dyno-mite/Expert along with Surprise Attacker and the rest of the special kill ones.

If you have a game save where you've already unlocked medals, then you start a second game with bonuses turned off, can you get medals again for that second save? Or do you have to delete everything (game save and saved data) then start a new game?

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']If you have a game save where you've already unlocked medals, then you start a second game with bonuses turned off, can you get medals again for that second save? Or do you have to delete everything (game save and saved data) then start a new game?[/QUOTE]
You can just start a new game and choose not to carry everything over. It's what I did.

bread's done
Back