Uncharted:GA, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 free on PS+ for Vita

I own all the games here except Jet Set Radio and a digital version of FF: Tactics. I've had the the Vita since launch and own a good portion of the library so I don't expect to get many retail games PS+. PS+ for the Vita is a great addition since it seems a lot of people are now wanting to get a Vita. I would rather keep my physical copies but will gladly add them to my download list.

How can anybody say PS+ isn't worth it?

It just keeps getting better and better.

[quote name='KrisMKX']Why not eBay them? Especially if they are sealed![/QUOTE]

i been trying for the last 2 + months to dump them for 25 to 30 each and never was able to i doubt i be able to get that for them now

best buy still shows 20 for Rush so i may try best buy friday

[quote name='Bumslie']I own all the games here except Jet Set Radio and a digital version of FF: Tactics. I've had the the Vita since launch and own a good portion of the library so I don't expect to get many retail games I don't own. PS+ for the Vita is a great addition since it seems a lot of people are now wanting to get a Vita. I would rather keep my physical copies but will gladly add them to my download list.

How can anybody say PS+ isn't worth it?

It just keeps getting better and better.[/QUOTE]

Well a lot of people seem to harp on the free game paradox. I call it a paradox because they want free games and won't subscribe because they're "rentals", though they would most likely remain a member for the life of the program if every game was free for life, which would ultimately result in the same outcome regardless of how the program is set up.

Transversely, I do think there is a small fringe minority like myself that tend to have a large % of what Plus offers and ultimately don't see the value. I would say that I've owned maybe 70% of the games offered since the first day of plus and of the remaining 30%, I would maybe purchase 10% of those games. At this point I should break even, but obviously wouldn't see the same value as someone who didn't have Uncharted, Gravity Daze and WipEout.

[quote name='KrisMKX']Why not eBay them? Especially if they are sealed![/QUOTE]

Ebay sides way too much with buyers. I've had instances where people have obviously just wanted to get their money back for whatever reason, and come up with excuses as to why they were wronged. Even had a case where someone received money back (about $80) without even sending the item back.

After that, I don't deal with Ebay as a buyer or seller. Games are especially a sketchy thing to sell, as someone can just damage it or say the case was empty, keep the game and get their money back.

Bunch of savages on there.

[quote name='admiralvic']Well a lot of people seem to harp on the free game paradox. I call it a paradox because they want free games and won't subscribe because they're "rentals", though they would most likely remain a member for the life of the program if every game was free for life, which would ultimately result in the same outcome regardless of how the program is set up.

Transversely, I do think there is a small fringe minority like myself that tend to have a large % of what Plus offers and ultimately don't see the value. I would say that I've owned maybe 70% of the games offered since the first day of plus and of the remaining 30%, I would maybe purchase 10% of those games. At this point I should break even, but obviously wouldn't see the same value as someone who didn't have Uncharted, Gravity Daze and WipEout.[/QUOTE]

I understand how you feel you don't get a value since you own a lot of the games. I also bought games from PS+ and they went free. The value of PS+ is there still for me since I have so many games to play from the service. If I own the game already it doesn't bother me cause usually I had the time to play it before the sale/free. I always take physical copies over digital so I will keep my copies. Still waiting for my physical copy of Dokuro to add to my collection of Vita games.

We need another Target glitch!

[quote name='Sonne']Ebay sides way too much with buyers. I've had instances where people have obviously just wanted to get their money back for whatever reason, and come up with excuses as to why they were wronged. Even had a case where someone received money back (about $80) without even sending the item back.

After that, I don't deal with Ebay as a buyer or seller. Games are especially a sketchy thing to sell, as someone can just damage it or say the case was empty, keep the game and get their money back.

Bunch of savages on there.[/QUOTE]

I always record myself at the post office or ups packaging the item I'm selling, showing the condition of the disk or cart, then bringing it to the counter. Don't stop recording until I leave the post office and have the tracking number recorded. Should use a cell phone to be a bit discrete about it though.

What i'm wondering is that I don't have a ps3 but I have a vita. Can I use a friends or family members ps3 and just buy ps+ to get the free stuff. Does it have to be downloaded thru the ps3 or could I use it over the net?
The only vita game I got on that list is wipeout. I'm guessing a rather large memory card is needed on the vita to get all these games ?

[quote name='squishface']What i'm wondering is that I don't have a ps3 but I have a vita. Can I use a friends or family members ps3 and just buy ps+ to get the free stuff. Does it have to be downloaded thru the ps3 or could I use it over the net?
The only vita game I got on that list is wipeout. I'm guessing a rather large memory card is needed on the vita to get all these games ?[/QUOTE]

My guess is around 5 gigs for all of the games.

[quote name='squishface']What i'm wondering is that I don't have a ps3 but I have a vita. Can I use a friends or family members ps3 and just buy ps+ to get the free stuff. Does it have to be downloaded thru the ps3 or could I use it over the net?
The only vita game I got on that list is wipeout. I'm guessing a rather large memory card is needed on the vita to get all these games ?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to get plus and buy them through the vita no problem. As far as Memory card... thats just based off how many games you want at 1 given time. If you're okay with 1 or 2 at a time, then 8 gb will be more than enough.

i just read on ign about this, and it said somthing about, if you download playstation plus games, even when the free period is over, they are still saved, i can still be ready to play ? im not sure of that means when your PS+ account expires, or just when the free game part expires ? oh well, probley just the free game part, not the ps+ account.

[quote name='Luxuria']My guess is around 5 gigs for all of the games.[/QUOTE]

From what I can remember from checking the games out this morning.

Uncharted is around 3.4gbs
Gravity Rush is around 1.2
Wipeout is around 1.4
FF Tactics is around 200mb
Blolbs is around 100mb
Jet Set Radio should be just over 1gb(referencing the PS3 version)

So about 7gbs.

Thanks for the heads up OP. I had heard this was going to happen eventually but never saw anything since. I love PS+. I've been a member since the get-go. I don't care about the expiration of games. I love the features it enables like cloud save backup and auto updates.

[quote name='Alex121006']i just read on ign about this, and it said somthing about, if you download playstation plus games, even when the free period is over, they are still saved, i can still be ready to play ? im not sure of that means when your PS+ account expires, or just when the free game part expires ? oh well, probley just the free game part, not the ps+ account.[/QUOTE]

Probably referencing the save files. Once your ps+ expires the free games become unplayable.

[quote name='CBas92']From what I can remember from checking the games out this morning.

Uncharted is around 3.4gbs
Gravity Rush is around 1.2
Wipeout is around 1.4
FF Tactics is around 200mb
Blolbs is around 100mb
Jet Set Radio should be just over 1gb(referencing the PS3 version)

So about 7gbs.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure its 2.7 gb

I've had Gravity Rush in mmy amazon cart for months now waiting for it to hit $25. This is one of a few times that I waited for a game and I'm glad it payed off.

Blob was on sale last month, and I played through it to 100%. Very nice little game.

Uncharted is solid, but the tacked on Vita features were to its determent.

Looking forward to playing Gravity rush!

Wow, what a great list of titles for the launch of PS+ on the Vita!

I've wanted a Vita since the day it was announced, but when I heard about the memory card prices (and I continued to add to my PS3 backlog with the help of my fellow CAGs :), I decided to wait for a Black Friday deal. Now that most of the BF ads have leaked, however (we're still waiting on Amazon!), I decided to wait even longer because there doesn't appear to be any truly great deals on the system or its memory cards this year. THEN I saw this PS+ list today, and I am now back to definitely picking up a Vita on BF!

I've been a PS+ subscriber on PS3 since launch, and I can't wait to get it on my Vita!

WOOP! Vita's gonna do VERY well. I have Wipeout, Uncharted, and Mutant Blob. I'll try Gravity Rush.

Looks like another system to be scared to buy games for, unless they are dirt cheap(PS3 being the first)!:)

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Everyone should just treat the free ps+ games like netflix movies / tv shows.[/QUOTE]

Great analogy there IMO.

If anyone is still on the fence on jumping the bandwagon to pS+ should have their head checked. Easily worth the yr sub of 50. Sure, some may make an case of these games a licensed to you. But either you pay the three months or the full yr sub, if have enough time to finish off and be done with them.

One other thing, seems to me that sony's IP will more likely to be on Ps+ sooner than any other. So I believe we'll see the likes of Hot shots golf, MLB the show for vita other stuff on ps+. And maybe same time next yr, we may see playstation allstar battle on the ps+ as well. Can't wait. It's nice to see Sony stepping their game up and using a lot of their IPs to keep the community going.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']One other thing, seems to me that sony's IP will more likely to be on Ps+ sooner than any other. So I believe we'll see the likes of Hot shots golf, MLB the show for vita other stuff on ps+. And maybe same time next yr, we may see playstation allstar battle on the ps+ as well. Can't wait. It's nice to see Sony stepping their game up and using a lot of their IPs to keep the community going.[/QUOTE]

In all honesty, we've seen more from other companies than Sony. Most of these "starter" IGC titles are from Sony because they take less effort to get into place and will make many people happy.

I would honestly like to see MLB 12 on PS+ for Vita. I think we'll see Unit 13 for sure due to it not selling that well and the studio going under.

[quote name='Namerson']How to cartridge saves work? Would I be able to trade in my physical copies and continue my progress with the digital copies?[/QUOTE]

Some games save to the cards and some to the "bubble". The hope is with PS+ cloud saves coming to the Vita we will be able to back up the saves from the bubble/cart and then put them back on the Vita to play them via the digital copies. But only time will tell if that works.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Some games save to the cards and some to the "bubble". The hope is with PS+ cloud saves coming to the Vita we will be able to back up the saves from the bubble/cart and then put them back on the Vita to play them via the digital copies. But only time will tell if that works.[/QUOTE]

So should I keep the physical copies just in case? I'm just worried the TIV will drop. Gravity Rush is at $20 currently :l

[quote name='Namerson']So should I keep the physical copies just in case? I'm just worried the TIV will drop. Gravity Rush is at $20 currently :l[/QUOTE]

I am unsure where Gravity Rush saves its game. If it is in the bubble/memory card you should be fine. But if it is on the cart then trading it in will make backing up your save impossible.

[quote name='Namerson']So should I keep the physical copies just in case? I'm just worried the TIV will drop. Gravity Rush is at $20 currently :l[/QUOTE]

it will crash look at amazon went from 20.25 down to 6.75... i think best buy only updates once a week that is why its still 20 (10 + 100% more) expect it to plunge next week

[quote name='slidecage']it will crash look at amazon went from 20.25 down to 6.75... i think best buy only updates once a week that is why its still 20 (10 + 100% more) expect it to plunge next week[/QUOTE]

I think I'll go trade in all 3 tomorrow, this list on wikipedia lists wether or not the game requires a memory card: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games it looks like all 3 PS+ Vita games require the memory card (which means they probably aren't saving to the cartridge) so I'll just keep the bubbles just in case. I think I'll be okay trading them in tomorrow.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Some games save to the cards and some to the "bubble". The hope is with PS+ cloud saves coming to the Vita we will be able to back up the saves from the bubble/cart and then put them back on the Vita to play them via the digital copies. But only time will tell if that works.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the boxart of the game show how much memory is needed for the game? I'm assuming thats the indication of whether you need a memory card for that particular game.I'm sure Mortal Kombat saves on the cartridge since the boxart doesn't say it needs a memory card.

I'm interested in the free games but the fact that when I'm done I won't be able to delete them turns me off so I can save space unless there was an update that allows that now that I'm unaware of because I only have an 8gb card.

[quote name='Namerson']I think I'll go trade in all 3 tomorrow, this list on wikipedia lists wether or not the game requires a memory card: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games it looks like all 3 PS+ Vita games require the memory card (which means they probably aren't saving to the cartridge) so I'll just keep the bubbles just in case. I think I'll be okay trading them in tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

uncharted only grabs 3 (or 6) after trade in 100% its too late for uncharted and wipeout i think wipeout is 3 as well

C'mon Vita price drop. I'm so tempted to get one to play these free games, but am trying to hold out for a price drop (even if it's not for a year or so).

Also really wish JSR was crossbuy/give away, but still stoked that the list is this good. When I eventually do get a Vita I'll be set for a while :D

[quote name='slidecage']uncharted only grabs 3 (or 6) after trade in 100% its too late for uncharted and wipeout i think wipeout is 3 as well[/QUOTE]

I be willing to give you guys 8 bucks for your physical copies :lol:

But seriously so glad I haven't bought these games yet :) And tactics I am especially excited since I never got a chance to buy on psp!

[quote name='boogie4114']I'm interested in the free games but the fact that when I'm done I won't be able to delete them turns me off so I can save space unless there was an update that allows that now that I'm unaware of because I only have an 8gb card.[/QUOTE]

Uh....what? Hold a finger on one of the screens till the edit mode turns on. Then hit the "..." and then click delete....

Geez.... Dumping GR asap while the value remains high. $20 at BB (after bonus), anyone know the TiV at Gamestop?

I'm also incredibly happy about JSR and FF:WotL... JSR was a day one buy for me and I've been desperately waiting for it to actually be released on the Vita (nearly bought it a few times on XBL and PSN) and I can't tell you how many times I nearly bought FF.

Kudos Sony, You've really impressed me. I have + until August of next year thanks to the IGN promo and I think I will be more than happy to resub at full price when the time comes.

Edit: Don't suppose anyone has seen some deals for 32GB cards for BF?

[quote name='Richard Kain']Free games you get from Playstation+ don't expire when your subscription lapses. It just means you won't be able to get any of the new free games that come out. If I download and install those free games on my PS3 and Vita, I will be able to continue enjoying them for as long as I please, even if I don't renew my Playstation+ subscription.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's what I'll do now.

[quote name='gordojones88']Thanks, that's what I'll do now.[/QUOTE]

UGHHH No that information was incorrect, it'll stay on your drive/system but you won't be able to play it if your sub has lapsed. Richard Kain, please edit your post so there isn't more confusion.

[quote name='RealDeals']UGHHH No that information was incorrect, it'll stay on your drive/system but you won't be able to play it if your sub has lapsed. Richard Kain, please edit your post so there isn't more confusion.[/QUOTE]

GordoJones is one of the biggest trolls on this site, especially about Sony stuff. You'll do best to just ignore him. He just pulled that post and replied to it to draw a reaction.

bread's done
Back