Uncharted & God Of War Controller Bundle Packs $29.98 @ Target YMMV

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Like any clearance sale at Target YMMV.

Uncharted Controller Bundle Packs for $29.98. They had been $41.98 but i just picked up two for 50% off. I know there is a Target Thread but thought this was a really good deal.

They also had the God Of War Controller Bundle Packs for $29.98.

Ended up returning one Uncharted and getting one of each.

[quote name='technicalstylez']problem is after your whining i dont think anyone here would want to sell it to you.[/QUOTE]

Don't need anyone to, they're at my local Target at $42. Still waiting for 1 more drop. :D

I bought a bundle for 41.98 + tax and was quite happy with the price.

IATCG is selling them SHIPPED for less than what I ended up paying. If you don't want it , don't buy it from him. I think it's a great deal for someone who still needs one.

I don't see the reason for the bitching.

[quote name='chuckywang']I would glady pay $38 shipped for that bundle wrapped in a grocery paper bag. The thing is already in a box (and the controller is in another box inside it), it's not fragile.[/QUOTE]
There's this amazing thing called YouTube that has videos of games being unboxed. Guess what I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WttSPKwBZg

The controller is in a cardboard sleeve sitting next to the two games, which are apparently loose in the package and not in the standard dual pack bundle sleeve either. There's also NO charging cable for the controller in the package.

So if I shipped a bundle like you stated above, it would likely get dinged and dented en route. If it got too smushed, I imagine the controller wouldn't work right once you got it. Hence why I am insisting on the flat rate box and most likely going to have to open the bundles and put the components in there seperately since I don't believe the current boxes are big enough to prevent it from getting dinged en route.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's this amazing thing called YouTube that has videos of games being unboxed. Guess what I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WttSPKwBZg

The controller is in a cardboard sleeve sitting next to the two games, which are apparently loose in the package and not in the standard dual pack bundle sleeve either. There's also NO charging cable for the controller in the package.

So if I shipped a bundle like you stated above, it would likely get dinged and dented en route. If it got too smushed, I imagine the controller wouldn't work right once you got it. Hence why I am insisting on the flat rate box and most likely going to have to open the bundles and put the components in there seperately since I don't believe the current boxes are big enough to prevent it fromt getting dinged en route.[/QUOTE]

I'd "risk" it.

And you really don't have any boxes lying around? Do any online shopping?

this guy is trying to do people a favor and you are trying to shit on him.... some of you people are filthy. there is no real profit here for this man. The gas and time it takes alone and you are practically ripping him off.

if he wanted to make money he would be selling the controllers and games separated.

Damn. You're right. That'll add in $12 cuz it takes my car 3 gallons to get to and from the Target I went to to get these(20 miles away n right off the one interstate just about) like everybody elses' vehicles who complain about deal hunting anymore on here.:booty:
[quote name='the_ENEMY_']this guy is trying to do people a favor and you are trying to shit on him.... some of you people are filthy. there is no real profit here for this man. The gas and time it takes alone and you are practically ripping him off.

if he wanted to make money he would be selling the controllers and games separated.[/QUOTE]
Actually if someone wanted just the controller or just the games I would do that too. But I would still likely ship either in some sort of box to assure they're gonna arrive in one piece. I just basically wanna cover the cost of these bundles(since I did put em on a cc#-o) and the shipping for the item(s) within to get them to people who will use them. If I happen to have enough to pay off all 7 I grabbed and I still have one left at months' end, then score for me cuz then I get to keep a spare blue controller(already have one spare black one, one spare silver one and a spare third party one) AND two really good games.;)

[quote name='the_enemy_']this guy is trying to do people a favor and you are trying to shit on him.... Some of you people are filthy. There is no real profit here for this man. The gas and time it takes alone and you are practically ripping him off.

If he wanted to make money he would be selling the controllers and games separated.[/quote]

qft

lol my explorer is actually pretty close to being that bad due to the dented fuel tank. :whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn. You're right. That'll add in $12 cuz it takes my car 3 gallons to get to and from the Target I went to to get these(20 miles away n right off the one interstate just about) like everybody elses' vehicles who complain about deal hunting anymore on here.:booty:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn. You're right. That'll add in $12 cuz it takes my car 3 gallons to get to and from the Target I went to to get these(20 miles away n right off the one interstate just about) like everybody elses' vehicles who complain about deal hunting anymore on here.:booty:[/QUOTE]

$12 split 7 ways right?

:bouncy:

Maybe you could just charge me $33 and find a BIG-ASS CARRIER PIGEON to deliver it. I'd "risk" it!

[quote name='chuckywang']He didn't get them for $42. He got them for $30 and selling for 50% more.[/QUOTE]

I dread the bellyaching that's gonna come from IATCG with regard to how much it's costing him for paper and ink and tape but he's factoring in shipping for that price. If he's selling for $42, he's not making money on them.

By the way, thanks alot, chuckywang, now we're gonna have to hear from now until the apocalypse how he tried to sell something at cost and someone called him a douchebag for it. And it'll include tons of smileys and it'll be fucking unbearable.

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']Hey I got that same deal!

So far the plasma has worked amazingly well and I considered it an excellent find.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was using a Vizio 47" 120Hz 1080p LCD as my main before today. Picked up some active shutter 3d glasses off Amazon for $43 apiece.

Now the Vizio is in our (wife and my) room for my 2nd PS3, which replaced my older 50" Samsung 720p/1080i DLP which still had a great picture. Sold that to a buddy for $200.

So, out the door with the 2 pair of glasses I ordered, I got the Panasonic TC-P46ST30 for $346...and this TV still sells for $1k on Amazon new. And the BEST part of it all? My wife was the one who told me to buy it...which never EVER happens with electronics! :bouncy:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn. You're right. That'll add in $12 cuz it takes my car 3 gallons to get to and from the Target I went to to get these(20 miles away n right off the one interstate just about) like everybody elses' vehicles who complain about deal hunting anymore on here.:booty:

Actually if someone wanted just the controller or just the games I would do that too. But I would still likely ship either in some sort of box to assure they're gonna arrive in one piece. I just basically wanna cover the cost of these bundles(since I did put em on a cc#-o) and the shipping for the item(s) within to get them to people who will use them. If I happen to have enough to pay off all 7 I grabbed and I still have one left at months' end, then score for me cuz then I get to keep a spare blue controller(already have one spare black one, one spare silver one and a spare third party one) AND two really good games.;)[/QUOTE]

I'd grab one brother as that is a nice thing you are doing for everyone (despite the b*tching that these kids do) if I didn't already own 4 controllers and all the Uncharted games. I managed to only find 1 of the GoW packs.

The rest of you need to seriously grow up and stop being so...and I hate to say this...entitled. The damn packs are still only marked down to $41.xx in some locations anyways, which is STILL discounted. Stop complaining...if you don't want one then move along, nothing to see here.

$31.78 after tax per unit, $12 in gas 12 / 7 packs = $1.71 each before shipping. $5.20 for packaging and USPS Priority. Total = roughly $38.69 to ship out, not including time to get the items and time to ship. I fail to see a problem with that.

lol only 1 person was bitching. everyone else seemed to side w/ iatcg.

[quote name='BiggNick']

The rest of you need to seriously grow up and stop being so...and I hate to say this...entitled. The damn packs are still only marked down to $41.xx in some locations anyways, which is STILL discounted. Stop complaining...if you don't want one then move along, nothing to see here.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']I dread the bellyaching that's gonna come from IATCG with regard to how much it's costing him for paper and ink and tape but he's factoring in shipping for that price. If he's selling for $42, he's not making money on them.

By the way, thanks alot, chuckywang, now we're gonna have to hear from now until the apocalypse how he tried to sell something at cost and someone called him a douchebag for it. And it'll include tons of smileys and it'll be fucking unbearable.[/QUOTE]
That's the good part about the priority mail, in that you don't really have to do anything but write the addresses on the boxes, pack up the boxes(got tons of those air pillow things from Amazon deals;)), peel the strips off the glue strips on each end and seal those boxes up to take to the PO.

If I had actually bought a printer from one of the deals I've seen over the years(both on here and not), then I would likely just print up address labels(cuz my printing/handwriting sucks:razz:) and do shipping from Paypal or whatever and make $3 on each bundle shipped. :whee: Three bucks. I'm rich.:cool:

But as it stands I'll make $8 at most from shipping out 7 bundles to some fellow CAG's, who hopefully at the end of the day will remember this deal and return the favor if I'm looking for something for cost + shipping sometime later on.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's the good part about the priority mail, in that you don't really have to do anything but write the addresses on the boxes, pack up the boxes(got tons of those air pillow things from Amazon deals;)), peel the strips off the glue strips on each end and seal those boxes up to take to the PO.

If I had actually bought a printer from one of the deals I've seen over the years(both on here and not), then I would likely just print up address labels(cuz my printing/handwriting sucks:razz:) and do shipping from Paypal or whatever and make $3 on each bundle shipped. :whee: Three bucks. I'm rich.:cool:

But as it stands I'll make $8 at most from shipping out 7 bundles to some fellow CAG's, who hopefully at the end of the day will remember this deal and return the favor if I'm looking for something for cost + shipping sometime later on.[/QUOTE]

Are you morally opposed to buying a printer? If you bought a decent cheap laser printer you'd pay for it just with the money you save by purchasing postage online, not to mention time saved by not having to wait in line at the post office.

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol only 1 person was bitching. everyone else seemed to side w/ iatcg.[/QUOTE]

As in the rest of you people that are b*tching. Obviously that wouldn't pertain to anyone NOT part of said crowd. :applause:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Are you morally opposed to buying a printer? If you bought a decent cheap laser printer you'd pay for it just with the money you save by purchasing postage online, not to mention time saved by not having to wait in line at the post office.[/QUOTE]
There's also the matter of being broke but wanting to help out the community. So I couldn't buy the postage online if I have $0 to buy it with.:whistle2:# Not to mention that I don't ship out too much stuff anyway or ever feel the need to print stuff up from online, so it'd be a waste 90% of the time for me.

It's just easier for me to go to the PO, plus it gets me out of the house and off YouTube/CAG for an hour or so.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's also the matter of being broke but wanting to help out the community. So I couldn't buy the postage online if I have $0 to buy it with.:whistle2:# Not to mention that I don't ship out too much stuff anyway or ever feel the need to print stuff up from online, so it'd be a waste 90% of the time for me.

It's just easier for me to go to the PO, plus it gets me out of the house and off YouTube/CAG for an hour or so.;)[/QUOTE]

Anything that gets this fool outta the house is definitely a good thing. +1 IATCG

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's also the matter of being broke but wanting to help out the community. So I couldn't buy the postage online if I have $0 to buy it with.:whistle2:# Not to mention that I don't ship out too much stuff anyway or ever feel the need to print stuff up from online, so it'd be a waste 90% of the time for me.

It's just easier for me to go to the PO, plus it gets me out of the house and off YouTube/CAG for an hour or so.;)[/QUOTE]

Even though you're still making a profit the price you're charging is still cheaper than anywhere else so everyone wins. Now if anyone would just do the same with the pokemon DSI bundle, now that would be awesome.

[quote name='missingno81']Even though you're still making a profit the price you're charging is still cheaper than anywhere else so everyone wins. Now if anyone would just do the same with the pokemon DSI bundle, now that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Or the Nintendogs 3DS bundle. Several Targets that show "Available" online with the stock tracker, none of them with any bundles. I wasted so much gas :whistle2:(

[quote name='AFC']Or the Nintendogs 3DS bundle. Several Targets that show "Available" online with the stock tracker, none of them with any bundles. I wasted so much gas :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I still see those around but at the original price of $199.99.

IATCG, there is a 7x7x6 Priority box that would fit these packs pretty well, I think. And they are plenty light enough that it would be cheaper than the medium flat rate, especially for locations in your same zone or whatever it is called. Not sure if you can get them at your PO, though. Anyway, just an idea to make it a little more worth your while. I'm tempted to take you up on your offer since I've only found 2 GoW bundles at the $42 price.

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy found some, but at $41+, would buy them at $30. I really don't need an extra controller or those games, but I can take one at $30!

IATCG, I support you helping out the fellow CAGers. Keep on flipping man & thank Cheepy for an ignore button on this site. Use it people!

[quote name='destro4eva']My buddy found some, but at $41+, would buy them at $30. I really don't need an extra controller or those games, but I can take one at $30!

IATCG, I support you helping out the fellow CAGers. Keep on flipping man & thank Cheepy for an ignore button on this site. Use it people![/QUOTE]

Ironically, IATCG is probably the most ignored person on this site.

It'd be funny to see a poll of most ignored users.

Does anyone have any extra GoW bundle? I purchased the Uncharted one with hopes of swapping with someone. Or would anyone want to trade the a red DS3 for my new blue DS3 from the bundle? Thanks in advance. I apologize if this post is in the wrong area.

[quote name='ChronoLe']Does anyone have any extra GoW bundle? I purchased the Uncharted one with hopes of swapping with someone. Or would anyone want to trade the a red DS3 for my new blue DS3 from the bundle? Thanks in advance. I apologize if this post is in the wrong area.[/QUOTE]
All dualshock 3 controllers function the same, you use them, they worn out, and you buy a new one. Why does color even matter?:whistle2:s

Oftentimes I have friends over to play local multi player games. It's just nice having different color controllers so people don't get confused when we take breaks. Yes, I know that's what the little numbered led is for, but it's just a little more convenient when you can visually identify it by color.

[quote name='htz']All dualshock 3 controllers function the same, you use them, they worn out, and you buy a new one. Why does color even matter?:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

When i play at somebody else's house, I like to take home my own controller...............

[quote name='htz']All dualshock 3 controllers function the same, you use them, they worn out, and you buy a new one. Why does color even matter?:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Usually im not in a need to buy another controller. I currently have 3 (2 Black (system and the Starter Kit from Amazon, 1 Red ) DS3 and a third party Afterlite thats messing up. I certainly dont pay extra for a different color, but something like the pink controller for $35 or the UC bundle for $45 is a great price on a DS3 period. The different color is bonus. Although I do like to tell my controllers apart so if it breaks id know which controller it was. If the controller that the came with system broke as opposed to the one i just purchased a few months ago, itd be nice to know if it was just wear or something didnt work. IDK maybe im overthinking it. PERHAPS?!?!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jjjbadboy32']When i play at somebody else's house, I like to take home my own controller...............[/QUOTE]
Exactly. That reminds me that I need to stop at my buddies house on Monday to see if his nieces went home and grab back my older Dual Shock 3 before his nephew comes downstairs and tries to grab it.:whistle2:# The kid is always like 'gimme a controller'.:roll: He's like 14 or so I think n treats his games n other stuff like shit. So I don't want it ending up destroyed.:cry:
[quote name='Abeja']Usually im not in a need to buy another controller. I currently have 3 (2 Black, 1 Red) I certainly dont pay extra for a different color, but something like the pink controller for $35 or the UC bundle for $45 is a great price on a DS3 period. The different color is bonus. Although I do like to tell my controllers apart so if it breaks id know which controller it was. If the controller that the came with system broke as opposed to the one i just purchased a few months ago, itd be nice to know if it was just wear or something didnt work. IDK maybe im overthinking it. PERHAPS?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]
All Dual Shock 3's have serial #'s, so just jot those down and you'll never forget which one is the 'bad' controller.

As for me, I have the current Dual Shock 3 I'm using, an older Dual Shock 3 I lent to my buddy for the week for his nieces and bro-in-law to use while they were in from outta town and two more sealed Dual Shock 3's. One of those came from one of the old controller/game packs back when they still put the controllers and games in the packs in their retail packaging, the other one came from Sears for $20.;)

Oh and I also have one of those Rocketfish third party ones with the left stick n d-pad reversed like an Xbox controller that were $10 on clearance 2-3 years ago at BB. That's still sealed too.;)

So yeah, I'm set for controllers for right now. That's why I don't really care what happens to the packs I bought from Target. I'd love to get them out to CAG's, but as of now unless someone overnighted me payment it may not happen now cuz I'm working the election on Tuesday and that leaves 6 days till my cc bill comes due.:whistle2:#

Yeah but who wants to keep a list anywhere? Ive paid 45 for a GOW bundle awhile back, 34 for the Starter kit, and 13 for the Afterglow controller.

Id pay way more in gas/time to go searching for one for 30. $35 for a DS3 sent to me is fine. The GOW bundle arent in stock anywhere, so its a matter if i want to pay $10 to get the UC bundle (ive already played) from you and get a blue. My sister would love the pink one tho.

I went to a 'local' target the other day (80 miles each way) for reasons unrelated to this thread, but when I got there, I picked up a few clearance games including a single GoW bundle at $29.98. There were still 4 left. I've been kicking myself ever since for not buying the rest. If any CAGer is in the St. Louis, MO area, they were just over the border in IL in Fairview Heights. If I go back and pick up another, I'd be happy to do an even trade with someone for an Uncharted bundle.

My store had the Uncharted pack for 41 something. Ended up picking it up because at first there were like 8 of em and a day later there was only 1.

My store still has the god of war bundle at $59.99. :hot:Thing is every time I have them price check it for me (it's locked on the shelf) they say its not in their system anymore for some reason and won't scan so they always have to take it to register and put in some numbers to find it and that's when it shows $59.99. Anybody know if this means it won't get clearanced since its not even in their system anymore and says their store doesn't sell it even though they have 2 left?

my Targets and walmarts here in Connecticut hate to mark anything on sale. if they have to its always more expensive than other areas.

then maybe you should move out of the hamptons..............................

.......lol jk ;)

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']my Targets and walmarts here in Connecticut hate to mark anything on sale. if they have to its always more expensive than other areas.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Darth Indy']My store still has the god of war bundle at $59.99. :hot:Thing is every time I have them price check it for me (it's locked on the shelf) they say its not in their system anymore for some reason and won't scan so they always have to take it to register and put in some numbers to find it and that's when it shows $59.99. Anybody know if this means it won't get clearanced since its not even in their system anymore and says their store doesn't sell it even though they have 2 left?[/QUOTE]
If it's out of the system, then maybe it had already dropped and went salvage but no one in your Target knows that it's gone salvage?

As for me, I returned the remaining ones I had left yesterday to my closest store. They were ringing up $41.98 there and I doubt they'll make it to $29.98 before selling out since now they're marked with clearance stickers.:bomb::whistle2:#

[quote name='Darth Indy']My store still has the god of war bundle at $59.99. :hot:Thing is every time I have them price check it for me (it's locked on the shelf) they say its not in their system anymore for some reason and won't scan so they always have to take it to register and put in some numbers to find it and that's when it shows $59.99. Anybody know if this means it won't get clearanced since its not even in their system anymore and says their store doesn't sell it even though they have 2 left?[/QUOTE]
if you have a smart phone you can look up the upc/create a barcode and scan it on your phone.

bread's done
Back