Unconfirmed Address Question

becker4546

CAGiversary!
Feedback
118 (100%)
Someone with 0 FB on Ebay just bought FFVII from me, with buy it now. The sender is verified but he has an unconfirmed address. I asked him to confirm it and he tried but I guess it didn't work. He wants me to ship it to the military base he is on, and I'm wondering if he even can confirm an address like that, because it wouldn't be on his CC. Judging by the email he sent me he seems like a good guy, and I would send him something cheap, but this is $79.

Is there anything I can do to be safe? Paypal says when shipping to unconfirmed addresses to use tracking and insurance, which I will, but I have heard that may not even be enough.

Any thoughts, thanks.

-Jason

Someone with 0 FB on Ebay just bought FFVII from me, with buy it now. The sender is verified but he has an unconfirmed address. I asked him to confirm it and he tried but I guess it didn't work. He wants me to ship it to the military base he is on, and I'm wondering if he even can confirm an address like that, because it wouldn't be on his CC. Judging by the email he sent me he seems like a good guy, and I would send him something cheap, but this is $79.

Is there anything I can do to be safe? Paypal says when shipping to unconfirmed addresses to use tracking and insurance, which I will, but I have heard that may not even be enough.

Any thoughts, thanks.

-Jason

This is true, it may not be enough if he tries to claim for a refund. You may want to call paypal and ask their opinion on it (sometimes they can view his account, see that he has an address that IS confirmed, but maybe he is on military leave or something). Also, if you bring it up to them, and they suspect anything suspicious they will usually tell you. That's what I'd do, definitely worth calling them.

Tim

Shipping to an unconfirmed address makes you ineligible for Paypal's seller's protection. DC and insurance don't matter if it's going to an unconfirmed address.

How do I do that? I just sold a gift card on eBay a week ago and he payed me with a Paypal e-check which kind of pissed me off. I'm still worried he'll say he didn't get it.

An e-check isn't at all related, unless the e-check also had an unconfirmed address with it. E-checks are just as secure as instant payments... once it clears that is.

This happened to me a few months back, it was item worh $45. I sent it anyways and the buyer recieved it, gave me positive FB and no complaints. I had DC and insurance just in case. The only thing is if they file a complaint against you, you will probably lose.

Try calling paypal as someone earlier said.

bread's done
Back