[Unconfirmed] Circuit City Winter Clearance Sale

[quote name='$hady']lol, yall are sheep.[/quote]

...says the guy who not only took his user name from someone else's hip-hop nom-de-plume, but also rocks said artist's record label's logo as his avatar.

Sheep, indeed.

[quote name='ragtop70'] Why question him/her?[/quote]Or in the case of WSB's old avatar, both! I think we may be tracking down this mystery. It was WSB! I just know it! He wants us to suffer! :evil:

[quote name='dtcarson'][quote name='GenDV138']I went to CC today and all I saw were papers saying Buy 1 game/accessory and save 10%, buy 2 and save 15%, buy 3 and save 25%.[/quote]

That's interesting. IIRC, at my store it was
buy 1, get 10% off each
buy 2, get 20% off each
buy 3, get 30% off each.

Which is not bad, especially since it's good on games or accessories.[/quote]

The ad this week states, 10%, 15%, and 20% respectively. At least that is what I remember.

[quote name='$hady']yo. I like my men greased up and oilly. it goes well with my spandex strap-on[/quote]

Hey man...thats too much information.....Dont want to know.

[quote name='Xevious'][quote name='$hady']yo. I like my men greased up and oilly. it goes well with my spandex strap-on[/quote]

You mean like a pig? Yes, I'll be your pig. Call me pig boy![/quote] Sorry, I just had to do it. :oops:

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='dtcarson'][quote name='GenDV138']I went to CC today and all I saw were papers saying Buy 1 game/accessory and save 10%, buy 2 and save 15%, buy 3 and save 25%.[/quote]

buy 1, get 10% off each
buy 2, get 20% off each
buy 3, get 30% off each.

The ad this week states, 10%, 15%, and 20% respectively. At least that is what I remember.[/quote]

Yup, it's 10, 15 20% in the National Circular.

041226_6_hycy2.jpg

041226_7_hycy2.jpg

Did anyone actually went up to the counter and scan them? I heard some of the CC games last year weren't even mark or place in a bin. I might go to CC to check this out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow, page 13 and still now real solid info on this "deal". Well im gonna hit CC in a couple min, I'll post my findings in about an hour.[/quote]

Um...the sale is supposedly starting tomorrow. Not today. You'll probably find nothing if you do go.

[quote name='scsg75'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='dtcarson'][quote name='GenDV138']I went to CC today and all I saw were papers saying Buy 1 game/accessory and save 10%, buy 2 and save 15%, buy 3 and save 25%.[/quote]

buy 1, get 10% off each
buy 2, get 20% off each
buy 3, get 30% off each.

The ad this week states, 10%, 15%, and 20% respectively. At least that is what I remember.[/quote]

Yup, it's 10, 15 20% in the National Circular.
[/quote]

Okay, I might have misread the little signs. Quite possible.

[quote name='ragtop70']Noone should be surprised that the OP hasn't posted anything lately. The rudeness of several long time CAG ers in response to topics like this is causing people to leave CAG or at least keep deals to themselves. Remember the $5 CC sale? Several negative remarks were made when the OP made the deal known. What does someone have to gain by posting a false "deal"? Nothing. Why question him/her? Why say, "I won't believe it until I see a receipt?" I for one will not post a deal because it will only lead flaming and skeptics.
Has anyone noticed that no really good deals have been posted in quite some time? The deals are probably still around, but you've chased off anyone who would have let us in on it.[/quote]

I agree, go thread crap in spam topics. I kind of wish the mods would keep a few open so that people can go and complain in there.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin'][quote name='ragtop70']Noone should be surprised that the OP hasn't posted anything lately. The rudeness of several long time CAG ers in response to topics like this is causing people to leave CAG or at least keep deals to themselves. Remember the $5 CC sale? Several negative remarks were made when the OP made the deal known. What does someone have to gain by posting a false "deal"? Nothing. Why question him/her? Why say, "I won't believe it until I see a receipt?" I for one will not post a deal because it will only lead flaming and skeptics.
Has anyone noticed that no really good deals have been posted in quite some time? The deals are probably still around, but you've chased off anyone who would have let us in on it.[/quote]

I agree, go thread crap in spam topics. I kind of wish the mods would keep a few open so that people can go and complain in there.[/quote]

Why question it?

Because we've had some posts just like this one that turned out to be fake. That's why.

I kind of wish the mods would lock this topic.
Once the sale is confirmed and a game list is available THEN it can be posted so we can discuss it and add our finds.
Don't get me wrong, thanks goes out to the OP for the heads up, but 13 pages (and growing) of useless crap is frustrating.

[quote name='ragtop70']Noone should be surprised that the OP hasn't posted anything lately. The rudeness of several long time CAG ers in response to topics like this is causing people to leave CAG or at least keep deals to themselves. Remember the $5 CC sale? Several negative remarks were made when the OP made the deal known. What does someone have to gain by posting a false "deal"? Nothing. Why question him/her? Why say, "I won't believe it until I see a receipt?" I for one will not post a deal because it will only lead flaming and skeptics.

That is simply the dumbest things I've heard all day, granted I've been up 20 minutes but still. People ask questions and for reciepts because if we don't people cry wolf, half the community goes running off to stores and then they spend the next week bitching. They could be nicer about it, but give game addicts a chance to pick up something cheap and formalities aren't the first things on their minds.

And as far as good deals, I guess no one bothered to report the deals at Sears, Gamestop, EBgames, or gamefly.

This is one funny thread. Thought I'd just add to it and keep it growing.

What games are people anticipating for in the sale? Since it's clearance, I'm thinking the games are from earlier this year - but most of them are already at cheap, decent prices used. Maybe I'm not thinking hard enough.

Just came back from CC and nothing implying special discounts or anything like that. I did see the usual bin with crap and the one with CC Value stickers on it, but nothing special...

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='ragtop70']Noone should be surprised that the OP hasn't posted anything lately. The rudeness of several long time CAG ers in response to topics like this is causing people to leave CAG or at least keep deals to themselves. Remember the $5 CC sale? Several negative remarks were made when the OP made the deal known. What does someone have to gain by posting a false "deal"? Nothing. Why question him/her? Why say, "I won't believe it until I see a receipt?" I for one will not post a deal because it will only lead flaming and skeptics.

That is simply the dumbest things I've heard all day, granted I've been up 20 minutes but still. People ask questions and for reciepts because if we don't people cry wolf, half the community goes running off to stores and then they spend the next week bitching. They could be nicer about it, but give game addicts a chance to pick up something cheap and formalities aren't the first things on their minds.

And as far as good deals, I guess no one bothered to report the deals at Sears, Gamestop, EBgames, or gamefly.[/quote]

Excellent point. I swear, I think the people who say "I'm too scared to post deals cos I'm afraid someone will flame me and ask for proof" are just being pretentious assholes. There's nothing wrong with asking for confirmation, a receipt scan or a link.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just came back from CC and nothing implying special discounts or anything like that. I did see the usual bin with crap and the one with CC Value stickers on it, but nothing special...[/quote]

Ditto, so nothing today. Tomorrow is another day, I suppose.

Did spot e-Readers for $15, if anyone's interested in that.

I don't know that I agree with the idea that CAG is missing out on a lot of deals because its members are scaring people away. You say that no good deals have been posted in quite some time, but my 9.99 copy of Steel Batallion:LOC sitting next to me and my 4.99 copy of Timesplitters 2 my friend is playing behind me prove you wrong. The OP is being questioned because he is a newbie, and has not yet earned any trust here. However, I agree that people should not be so rude whenever a newbie posts a deal. There are some real ungrateful assholes on CAG, and I can easily see how somebody who had posted a deal once and been treated like crap would be reluctant to post a deal ever again.

I came back from CC, I don't see any real reasonable indication that they'll be a clearance sale. I saw a bunch of recent titles within 6 months and a bunch of GH games. Not a big deal for me though, I have enough games for now.

I got my DOA:U at BB for $26 while I was out.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='ragtop70']Noone should be surprised that the OP hasn't posted anything lately. The rudeness of several long time CAG ers in response to topics like this is causing people to leave CAG or at least keep deals to themselves. Remember the $5 CC sale? Several negative remarks were made when the OP made the deal known. What does someone have to gain by posting a false "deal"? Nothing. Why question him/her? Why say, "I won't believe it until I see a receipt?" I for one will not post a deal because it will only lead flaming and skeptics.

And as far as good deals, I guess no one bothered to report the deals at Sears, Gamestop, EBgames, or gamefly.[/quote]

If I find something that I haven't seen posted, I post it. If it's a dupe, someone (or some few people) will point it out, and that's that. If someone asks for a reciept scan, then I'd scan it and post it. As I have a scanner, that's not a big deal. For others, that might be more of an issue.

I'd rather be the person who posts it for the third time than not post it, for fear or someone jumping my post and flaming me over it. A deal missed is not a deal at all.

When people post something that's sitting on the front page, or something on page 1 of the Deals page, that's one thing. Buried a couple of pages down, that's another thing entirely.

Why someone would be afraid of posting something for fear of being flamed makes no sense to me at all. I know (theoretically) we're all adults, and what's a flaming post to you really going to do to you, in the grand scheme of things, anyway? It's a flame, woooo, makes me so upset, I don't know what to do. Oh please. Get over it.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='ragtop70']Noone should be surprised that the OP hasn't posted anything lately. The rudeness of several long time CAG ers in response to topics like this is causing people to leave CAG or at least keep deals to themselves. Remember the $5 CC sale? Several negative remarks were made when the OP made the deal known. What does someone have to gain by posting a false "deal"? Nothing. Why question him/her? Why say, "I won't believe it until I see a receipt?" I for one will not post a deal because it will only lead flaming and skeptics.

Excellent point. I swear, I think the people who say "I'm too scared to post deals cos I'm afraid someone will flame me and ask for proof" are just being pretentious assholes. There's nothing wrong with asking for confirmation, a receipt scan or a link.[/quote]

I think the assholes are the ones who flame people for posting deals. You're right that there's nothing wrong with asking for proof. However, I think the issue is not that the person is being asked for proof, but that he is being flamed right off the bat for trying to give us a heads up. Sometimes it's not possible to provide a receipt or a link right away. If there were a clearance sale, would you rather he just wait to tell us about it until some FW pricks posted confirmation?

[quote name='johnnyoski']I kind of wish the mods would lock this topic.
Once the sale is confirmed and a game list is available THEN it can be posted so we can discuss it and add our finds.
Don't get me wrong, thanks goes out to the OP for the heads up, but 13 pages (and growing) of useless crap is frustrating.[/quote]

When checking the topic, just skip to the last post and see if people are still ranting about the lack of an actual sale, and presto, you saved yourself reading 11 pages. Jeez, you don't have to crawl post by post, it's not that big a deal.

Lock the topic because I'm not getting anything out of it...

Pfeh.

[quote name='lain21us']I think the assholes are the ones who flame people for posting deals. You're right that there's nothing wrong with asking for proof. However, I think the issue is not that the person is being asked for proof, but that he is being flamed right off the bat for trying to give us a heads up. Sometimes it's not possible to provide a receipt or a link right away. If there were a clearance sale, would you rather he just wait to tell us about it until some FW pricks posted confirmation?[/quote]

I'd rather be told and take a chance on no "proof" than have FW break it and ruin it for the rest of us.

Why was everyone expecting this deal to happen today? The OP stated that it wasn't starting until tomorrow. I'm not saying either way if this deal is true or not, but everyone is jumping all over the OP because there is nothing going down today or on the website (again, OP said it would be B&M only). Just doesn't make sense to me.

[quote name='shrike4242']Why someone would be afraid of posting something for fear of being flamed makes no sense to me at all. I know (theoretically) we're all adults, and what's a flaming post to you really going to do to you, in the grand scheme of things, anyway? It's a flame, woooo, makes me so upset, I don't know what to do. Oh please. Get over it.[/quote]

I don't think people are scared away. However, it is intimidating when you are trying to become an active member of the CAG community by posting your first deal, and all the vets start flaming you for it. The only incentive for posting a deal, really, is earning the respect of the CAG community. I think the point is that nobody is going to ever want to post a deal again, after being shunned the first time around.

[quote name='lain21us']I think the assholes are the ones who flame people for posting deals. You're right that there's nothing wrong with asking for proof. However, I think the issue is not that the person is being asked for proof, but that he is being flamed right off the bat for trying to give us a heads up. Sometimes it's not possible to provide a receipt or a link right away. If there were a clearance sale, would you rather he just wait to tell us about it until some FW pricks posted confirmation?[/quote]

It depends on the situation. If the deal isn't ver good/ has already been posted to death, the poster will be flamed. The guidelines of the site even say that. I still have faith in the OP, it doesn't seem likely that he is lying, but yes, proof would be nice. I will wait until tonight when he said he would be posting it to see whether or not it's real or not.

The whole "Too scared to post a deal because I might be flamed" excuse is bullshit. If it's been posted, you'll get flamed. Not a huge deal, get over it.

This topic kind of reminds me of the last CC deal. *cough* does the 2 for $10 deal ring any bells, a lot of people doubted and then ripped the op, the deal was then confirmed and all of the sudden apologies could be found on every page throughout the thread.

[quote name='cyberlian']This topic kind of reminds me of the last CC deal. *cough* does the 2 for $10 deal ring any bells, a lot of people doubted and then ripped the op, the deal was then confirmed and all of the sudden apologies could be found on every page throughout the thread.[/quote]

Yeah, seriously.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Why was everyone expecting this deal to happen today? The OP stated that it wasn't starting until tomorrow. I'm not saying either way if this deal is true or not, but everyone is jumping all over the OP because there is nothing going down today or on the website (again, OP said it would be B&M only). Just doesn't make sense to me.[/quote]

He posted at 12:39 am on Dec 29th and said "tomorrow" which I took to mean Dec 29th still.

I'm not too worried about whether this deal happens or not, though - I have all my cheap/free TRU games to keep me happy :)

[quote name='cyberlian']This topic kind of reminds me of the last CC deal. *cough* does the 2 for $10 deal ring any bells, a lot of people doubted and then ripped the op, the deal was then confirmed and all of the sudden apologies could be found on every page throughout the thread.[/quote]

I doubted it, though wasn't ripping the OP. Doubting the OP is a huge difference from ripping on the OP for not providing facts. At that point, there wasn't any proof. Later on, with people confirming it, then it became proven. So, off I went on my own.

Once I went to CC Sunday night and found out it was true, I made two other trips on Monday to pick up games people had been looking for, until they shut the door on us.

I ate crow for doubting them, I thanked the OP, and I went on with my day.

a little off topic, but someone said that it is 20% off when you buy 3 accessories, maybe i might buy some wavebirds

EDIT: no coupon needed? its automatic?

I just got home from work at store 3506 in Harvey,LA and my manager handed me a list of game to put in a dump bin

XBOX
Terminator 3 $9.96
Madden 2004 $19.96
Goblin Commander $9.96
Alter Echo $4.96
Rouge Ops $9.96
Maximum Chase $9.96
X2: Wolerine's Revenge $9.96
Gladiator:Sword Of Vengence $9.96

PS2
Madden 2004 $19.96
Alter Echo $4.96
Rouge Ops $9.96
R:Racing Evolution $9.96
Hunter Wayward $9.96
KYA:Dark Lineage $9.96
Saturday Night Speedway $9.00
XGRA $9.96
Everquest Online $4.96
Everquest 30 day card $4.96
BomBastic (Back at $4.96)
Auto Mododellista $9.96

GBA
Banjo Kazooie $9.96
Medal of Honor: Infiltrator $9.96
Mucha Lucha! $9.96
Stuart Little 2 $4.96
Road Rash: Jail Break $9.96

GC
Eternal Darkness $9.96
Disney Magical Mirrior $9.96

EDIT:I put it in the wromng topic now i put it where it needed to be

Hmm, this thread still has a whole lot of NOTHING!...:D

I did see Mission: Impossible: Operation Surma (XB), last week for $14.99. Can I get 10% off, buying the game now at CC?...

Oh please let this be true. the last one (summer one) was incredible. I wonder what will be on it as my CC basically sold out of most of its older stock plus they had that recent mess up of 2 for 10 games. I still can't believe I read this entire thread. It really has me hoping for one but I'm starting to feel that it probably isn't going to happen. then again he did say it would start tomorrow so maybe it will. Hopefully he wil post again and soon. Kind of strange though that he is the only one that knows anything about this. zewone tends to know on these since he works there but he said he knows nothing.

Anybody check out any of the other deal websites and see if they have anything on this?

This thread was great in the beginning. So many people fearful of missing out on the deals on the website that they stayed up all night. We're all such suckers when CC and sale/anything to do with clearance is mentioned :D, I included.

By the way Redcar, where in Nevada are you from?

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hmm, this thread still has a whole lot of NOTHING!...:D

I did see Mission: Impossible: Operation Surma (XB), last week for $14.99. Can I get 10% off, buying the game now at CC?...
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='SEGA128DC']Hmm, this thread still has a whole lot of NOTHING!...:D

[/quote]

Yes.[/quote]

Thank you, zewone...

[quote name='josekortez']Is it just me or is this the same dump bin stuff I have seen lingering at my local CC for about two months?

(No offense, twiztidjester.)[/quote]

it maybe but when i went in i asked and that is what she gave me

bread's done
Back