[Unconfirmed] Circuit City Winter Clearance Sale

[quote name='Wario64']Nothing in that list is exciting. This thread got blown way out of proportion. Thanks anyway twiztidjester[/quote]

no problem

In a way I think this is funny. This may be the biggest thread of nothing ever posted on CAG.......

I'm still willing to give the OP a chance till tommorrow though to see if what he said is true.

[quote name='twiztidjester']I just got home from work at store 3506 in Harvey,LA and my manager handed me a list of game to put in a dump bin

XBOX
Terminator 3 $9.96
Madden 2004 $19.96
Goblin Commander $9.96
Alter Echo $4.96
Rouge Ops $9.96
Maximum Chase $9.96
X2: Wolerine's Revenge $9.96
Gladiator:Sword Of Vengence $9.96

PS2
Madden 2004 $19.96
Alter Echo $4.96
Rouge Ops $9.96
R:Racing Evolution $9.96
Hunter Wayward $9.96
KYA:Dark Lineage $9.96
Saturday Night Speedway $9.00
XGRA $9.96
Everquest Online $4.96
Everquest 30 day card $4.96
BomBastic (Back at $4.96)
Auto Mododellista $9.96

GBA
Banjo Kazooie $9.96
Medal of Honor: Infiltrator $9.96
Mucha Lucha! $9.96
Stuart Little 2 $4.96
Road Rash: Jail Break $9.96

GC
Eternal Darkness $9.96
Disney Magical Mirrior $9.96

EDIT:I put it in the wromng topic now i put it where it needed to be[/quote]

:lol: Maybe this is redcar list that he was talking about.

yea, i went to my CC to try to PM greg hastings painball and use a GGC, but they didnt have it in stock....

anyway, i checked out the bins and they were all "normal" priced to me...nothing special..

I suppose the chances of another free-for-all $4.99 sale twice in one year was just a bit too much.

At least we can dream.

I honestly would not feel let down one bit if this didn't come through. Between TRU giving me free games and the past CC sales/screwups, I'm good to go for a bit. :D

[quote name='lain21us'][. The only incentive for posting a deal, really, is earning the respect of the CAG community. .[/quote]

this is the best point made here.... people are in no way required to post anything about the deals they find. Most could probably care less about earning the respect of other CAG members, they could just take advantage of the deal themselves and let everyone else here find out when it's old news.... all the while taking advantage of the deals that everyone else are posting.
That's gonna suck cause we will inevitably miss out on a cool deal(or get in on it really late) because the guy who finds the deal is basically thinking "screw those jerks it's not worth the trouble, they can find out about it themselves"... never posting, only taking advantage of what others have found.

..and as far as this whole thing about people being scared of being flamed, get serious. We know it's not about that, it's about these people perceiving that most people on the forum are jerks... so why bother contributing to the site when they can just sit back and take advantage of other people's finds.

seriously though, asking for some confirmation(is possible for the OP) is one thing by why auto-flame new people that might be helping you out? To get the most out of this site(I would think) you'd really need everyone to want to help eachother out.

I think that many of the younger folk think that this is the longest thread about nothing....I think that if memory serves me, there was a thread that I started where I asked "where Nintendofangirl went?" Anyhow, this thread started off with me and NFG kissing in a tree then it even more strangely evolved into a weird poem and theme song thread. And the mods let it live on.

[quote name='lurknomore']I think that many of the younger folk think that this is the longest thread about nothing....I think that if memory serves me, there was a thread that I started where I asked "where Nintendofangirl went?" Anyhow, this thread started off with me and NFG kissing in a tree then it even more strangely evolved into a weird poem and theme song thread. And the mods let it live on.[/quote]

but that was a good one! Also It adds a little flair to the site. Anyways. I don't post deals to earn respect. I post to let others know. Sure I could sit back and not post but if everyone did that then there really isn't much point to this site then! The whole point is to help e ach other and yourself find and get some crazy videogame deals. I don't think this site is full of jerks. We just joke and some people take it seriouly. Its kinda like a frat house. You got to take your abuse before you can dish it out. Anyways this is the best group of people around.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Redcar, Redcar...wherefor art thou, Redcar? Come forth, and make the official announcement![/quote]

Give me my CC sale; and, when it shall die, take it and cut it out in little stars, and it will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.

[quote name='jbroush99'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Redcar, Redcar...wherefor art thou, Redcar? Come forth, and make the official announcement![/quote]

Give me my CC sale; and, when it shall die, take it and cut it out in little stars, and it will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.[/quote]

:applause:

Eternal darkness for 10 bucks is decent, seeing as Comp USA is still trying to "clearance" it for 20 bucks here in NY assuming this pans out.

The rest of the titles should have been in the bargin bin since LAST year. Pheh, Rogue Ops. I dont think anyone has purchased a copy of that in the last 14 months.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='jbroush99'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Redcar, Redcar...wherefor art thou, Redcar? Come forth, and make the official announcement![/quote]

Give me my CC sale; and, when it shall die, take it and cut it out in little stars, and it will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.[/quote]

:applause:[/quote]

Wow, we quoted both Beavis & Butthead and Shakespeare in the same thread.

[quote name='Alpha2']Eternal darkness for 10 bucks is decent, seeing as Comp USA is still trying to "clearance" it for 20 bucks here in NY assuming this pans out.
[/quote]

the EB's around me upped Eternal Darkness to 29.99 new just a few weeks ago. Funny isn't it?

While i'm out and about tommorow i will stop by a few CC's and report what's up.

I'll just take a few stacks of clearence games to the registers to have scanned.

I cannot believe people dragged this topic out so long. Or the impatience. As if someone is suposse dto go to work, check the list, and run home to post it. Or that they would know before going into work. I am perplexed by the fact that CC stores put stuff in bins. During past sales, I'd have to have stuff scanned as it remained on the shelf with the normal price tag.

[quote name='Pylis']Switching between Mario 64 DS and Runaway City on my PC.

1000 hopeless geek points to whoever knows what Runaway City is.[/quote]

I have that game. Haven't played it, or any Bishoujo titles, in awhile. One of the few fun PC genres as I hate most of the common game catergories (Shooters, hack and slash RPG's, etc..)

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']As if someone is supossed to go to work, check the list, and run home to post it.[/quote]

Umm.. that's what he said he was going to do, that's why we were expecting it.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='SeraphiMichael']As if someone is supossed to go to work, check the list, and run home to post it.[/quote]

Umm.. that's what he said he was going to do, that's why we were expecting it.[/quote]

as if someone would contribute to CAG :roll:

My sister and I are going to see "The Incredibles" today, and there's a Circuit City not too far from the theater.

Right now, I'm planning to leave early so we can check it out and see if the sale is worth all of this hubbub or not. Expect a post later this afternoon (probably around 4PM-ish EST; the movie starts at 1:30) with my results...

I'll check it out too. I'm planning on getting there around 9:30am PST and then stopping by TRU since mine are basically right next to each other. I'll post back later.

I work at the CC in Temple, Texas and I checked out the online store activity calendar which is used for all stores if I am correct,and I didnt see anything saying there was a clearance sale,any other CC employees care to second this?

WOW!

I just spent an hour going through this thread! Those games yes, were always in the bin..Im going to hit 2 CC on my way home..I have half day today. I doubt I'll find anything..but who knows??

[quote name='cyberlian']This topic kind of reminds me of the last CC deal. *cough* does the 2 for $10 deal ring any bells, a lot of people doubted and then ripped the op, the deal was then confirmed and all of the sudden apologies could be found on every page throughout the thread.[/quote]So, what's your point? People flamed the OP because he didn't have any proof and the deal didn't seem real. Once the deal had good confirmation, people apoligized because they were wrong and the OP was right. What's wrong with that? That shows how mature the CAG community is.

Just got back from a CC and TRU run and came back empty handed. There was no sale at CC unless you consider Drake and the 99 Dragons for Xbox at 9.99 a sale.

[quote name='AdamTrusty']I work at the CC in Temple, Texas and I checked out the online store activity calendar which is used for all stores if I am correct,and I didnt see anything saying there was a clearance sale,any other CC employees care to second this?[/quote]

I'm willing to bet that these markdowns are just the weekly ones, therefore it won't be anything major or earthshattering. And to CAG, you can trust me on this since, after all, I'm your Nominee For CC CAG Employee Of 2004! :D

went to cc in fort wayne indiana. There was a big display like thing of probably 40-50 assorted games maybe more that said 14.99 or less. Mostly games that have been 20 or less for some time. umm a couple off the top of my head were

lion king - gba - 14.99
stuntman - ps2 - 9.99 or 14.99 cant remember
piglets big adventure - GC - 14.99 or 9.99

several more than I can't remember but basically the kind of games that would in no way make you reminise of the 5 dollar days.

Don't know if this is what the OP was talking about (if it was no biggie) but nothing to scream about. I'd try the TRU sale at this point for all you hunters out there.

Absolutely nothing worth going for at CC today. I saw the rack of $15 games, but there was nothing worthwhile on it. Nothing at all.

Methinks that this "clearance" was a bust, if not an outright lie...

I took a long walk through the entire store, through all of the video game sections, as well as the front dump bin by the entrance.

Nothing different that I hadn't seen on Sunday or Monday when I was last in there.

I'd call this one a bust, at least in my area, until I see something different elsewhere.

I confirmed at my store that the "clearance" that the OP was hyping up is actually just the weekly markdowns - I'm assuming that the OP is a temp hire (at best). The OP probably got too excited and wanted to give us the go ahead before actually finding out what was really going on. I don't think the OP did it on purpose, but yeah the OP should of waited to find out what was really going on instead of posting like that and getting all of us wound up like hyper toys.

Hopefully this clears everything up. Hopefully there might be a good clearance sale on games down the road, I don't think it will be right away but I would think eventually CC will have one given the overflood of games that has come out over the past year that are now sitting on the shelves (especially GBA games at my location - we are damn overflooded).

GBA games stick around because price drops don't happen as often. I paid $30 for all 3 Castlevanias because they started to become hard to come by around me. It's the reason I have the fewest GBA games of all consoles I own. My best pickup is Advance Wars 2 for $9.99. Hopefully we'll see some good games like Superstar Saga drop in price soon.

If Redcar was holiday help then he's gone now since, except for a few states, Wednesday was their last day. I don't think we'll hear from him for a long time. No hard feelings, though, since I have more than enough games at this point.

bread's done
Back