Unconfirmed Rogers 2 for $40

Thanks for the heads-up. After checking with my local GTA store, it doesn't appear to be a nation wide sale.

I got the flyer today too and nothing about 2/$40 in there. Checked the website and there doesn't seem to be different flyers for different areas or anything like that. So I think this is a dud.

Edit: He posted a scan of the flyer deal but it must be just for stores that don't take trade ins.

I'd Say phone your local Rogers and ask because it seems that only stores that don't take trade ins are doing it... I think. :) at stupid winnipeg game trading bylaw.

No go for Calgary either. The flyer that we got is different from the one scanned. I even got them to try scanning the old 2 for $40 to see if it'd work and still didn't work. I asume that it is only for stores in provinces that don't accept trades.

If we're assuming it's the non-trade-in locations, there are 2 in the GVR that might have it:

Rogers Plus - Davie Vancouver 1674 Davie Street (604) 687-8000
Rogers Plus - Peninsula Village Surrey 15355 24th Avenue (604) 535-8828

(Do 2 searches. First one with Games Trade In, second one without. Compare the two lists.)

This deal is on at the Regent location in Winnipeg.

Just picked up:
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
The Chronicles of Riddick: AoDA
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Dragon Quest V
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Thanks so much OP, I've been waiting anxiously to play quite a few of these games.

What's left:
Resident Evil 5 (360 & PS3)
Afro Samurai (360)
Many copies of Infamous
Many copies of Riddick: AoDA (360 at least)
Fight Night Round 4 (360 for sure)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']If we're assuming it's the non-trade-in locations, there are 2 in the GVR that might have it:

Rogers Plus - Peninsula Village Surrey 15355 24th Avenue (604) 535-8828[/QUOTE]

That Rogers has no game sales because of the EB Games inside of it

I don't think this is anywhere in Ontario.

One of the local Rogers here doesn't to trade-ins, and they still don't have the sale on.

:(

2 for 40 or 30 is dead & buried for most of canada. Im sure we will see it pop up from time to time in VERY select locations (like winterpeg) but that's about it. Theres just no way rogers is going to give you $40 dollars in store credit for a game and then turn around and sell it for $15 or $20 bucks. Im often wrong, and I really hope this is one of those times :) but I just dont see it.

Just got back from the Rogers at Grant and Kenaston, grabbed a copy of UFC Undisputed and Red Faction.

The remaining games I saw there that were of note were Killzone 2, Infamous, CoD WaW and Call of Juarez 2(?)

Edit: Aside from the obvious, I should have specified that these are all PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of the Kelowna stores do trade-ins and none of them seemed to have any idea what I was talking about when I asked if there was a 2 for 40 promo going on.

[quote name='Jucifer']Just got back from the Rogers at Grant and Kenaston, grabbed a copy of UFC Undisputed and Red Faction.

The remaining games I saw there that were of note were Killzone 2, Infamous, CoD WaW and Call of Juarez 2(?)

Edit: Aside from the obvious, I should have specified that these are all PS3.[/QUOTE]
Just cam back from that one a little while ago. Picked up Bionic Commando(PS3), Afro Samurai(PS3), Halo Wars(360) and Wario Land Shake It.

Just went to the ones on Meadowood and Portage. Picked up DQV, Ghostbuster(PS3), X-MEN Origins Wolverine and another copy of Valkyria Chronicles(needed a fourth game for the deal).

Still a LOT of copies of Gears 2, Afro Samurai and Bionic Commando. Also, still one copy of X-MEN and Ghostbusters at Portage, if anyone's interested.

Just to let you guys know the Rogers I went too, Winnipeg the one of Regent has 2 for $40 on right now.

Wow, I just did a search on the Rogers website and I don't think any Rogers store in Quebec even sells games...

not much selection left at several of the Winnipeg locations I went to.. unless you like Riddick and/or Tomb Raider :p

Did anyone get Resident Evil 5 for PS3 that they might want to trade for a UFC Undisputed PS3(no manual)?

I needed a second game, and I don't really like fighting games to begin with.

Noteworthy games I saw in Winnipeg were...

Riddick (PS3/360)
Pure (360)
Fuel (360)
Fable 2 (360)
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
Red Faction Guerilla (360)
Afro Samurai (360)
Tomb Raider Underworld (PS3/360)

All the rest of the games were under $20

bread's done
Back