Uncut Raw SOTM

[quote name='senorwoohoo']*slaps forehead*

Shit, I got their timeline mixed up even though I had tried my best to remember, my bad. And I know I shouldn't even generalize about them releasing certain types of albums either since these bastards aren't conventional or consistent...unless you mean in terms of just being great.

I already picked up Pink and I'll definitely pick-up those others. Thanks for the info.[/quote]

Personally, I love their entire discography (except Rainbow, stupid guitar ruining otherwise amazing garage rock). Chances are, if you keep a more or less open mind, you should find most of it at least listenable. Just be warned that Vein is harsh, and if Merzbow is involved, expect a lot of static and harsh noise to be added in.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Personally, I love their entire discography (except Rainbow, stupid guitar ruining otherwise amazing garage rock). Chances are, if you keep a more or less open mind, you should find most of it at least listenable. Just be warned that Vein is harsh, and if Merzbow is involved, expect a lot of static and harsh noise to be added in.[/QUOTE]

So Vein was what I must have been thinkin' of, then. I've heard some Merzbow stuff and I just can't get into it.

But I'll be sure to check out the other Boris stuff, too.

TM Juke - Forward (album)
1773 - Constant Motion (album)
Shin-Ski - Re-Shinstruction (album) -----wish my fucking copy would finally get here

[quote name='strummerbs']Parts & Labor - Stay Afraid

Liquid and Brak - You NEED this[/QUOTE]
I forgot to mention that this was some good stuff.

Wake Up On Fire - Wake Up On Fire (album)

This is probably one of my favorite albums ever. Not a single wasted second, and Four White Walls is one of the most beautiful outros ever.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Wake Up On Fire - Wake Up On Fire (album)

This is probably one of my favorite albums ever. Not a single wasted second, and Four White Walls is one of the most beautiful outros ever.[/QUOTE]

Yay for Baltimore bands!

dirtbombs.jpg

The Dirtbombs - We Have You Surrounded

Saw them last night live. Very likely the best live performance I have ever seen. It was amazing. Good people too, stayed around and chatted with us for a while.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go[/MEDIA]

Chills down my spine. The combination of his age, the lyrics, and the imagery is stunning.

And yes, I know I'm 3 years late with this. Shut up.

Future of the Left - Curses

It's pretty decent on first listen, but it's no McClusky Does Dallas, which I highly recommend to Brak and Liquid (damn, I really can't stop myself).

"Accelerate" (album) - R.E.M.

The first R.E.M. album in like 10 years! It's pretty good so far and miles better than their last mess.

Artist: Gogol Bordello
Song: Through the Roof 'n' Underground
Album: Multi Kontra Culti Vs. Irony

Not my usual Hip-Hop post but I heard this on a movie called Wristcutters: A Love Story and was blown away but their unique sound.

The Golden Palominos - Pure (album)
Soul Vigilantes - Background Noise (album)
Madita - Too (album)
Metaform - Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants (album)

Arctic Monkeys - Favorite Worst Nightmare
Autolux - Future Perfect
Band of Horses - Cease To Begin
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Beans - Thorns

[quote name='headpiece747']Artist: Willie Evans Jr.
Song: Rock Widdit
Album: Rawkus 50 Presents Communication[/QUOTE]

Were you able to buy that album somewhere that it wasn't on Amazon/etc for 99 cents a track?

Thanks

bread's done
Back