Underworld Evolution

CAG 79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
So who's going to go see it tonight? I certainly am. Besides the Blade trilogy, Underworld was the only other modern vampire movie that I liked thus far so I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Anyone catching a show tonight?

I'll see it sometime this weekend with my girlfriend... would have skipped it if it wasn't for the free ticket I got with Underworld: Evolution (I hate seeing movies in the theaters).

I think I'm just going to wait for the DVD. It's not the type of movies my friends would want to see, and I didn't see the first one until it came out on DVD anyway.

Just came back from watching it. If you like the first one, you'll most likely like this one. I know I'll get the DVD when it comes out.

From the previews, it looks like they filmed the entire movie with a blue filter in front of the camera lense. I like the color blue as much as the next guy, but it seems a bit much.

If you saw the first one and liked it, don't take the rottentomato score as an indication of the sequel's quality, the first one was Universally panned as well.

Not sure if ill get a chance to see it. I liked the first one but was expecting more from it. So i guess if most are saying if you liked the first youll like this than ill like this one.

Just saw it and it was fantastic. Completely blew the first movie out of the water. Totally surpassed my expectations. What more can you ask for: better CGI effects, a LOT more violence, a cool sex scene, etc.Go see this if you liked/loved the first movie.

I'd give it a 9/10.

The first one got roasted by the critics but I actually found myself enjoying it. Yeah the movie was fluff and the final battle scene was awkward as hell but it was a pretty decent time at the movies. My expectations were pretty low though.

Alright, I just saw this movie and it wasn't that good, but it wasn't that bad. In my opinion, the first one was better because it felt like a dark vampire movie and this one was more of an action monster movie kinda like Van Helsing.

I prefer the first one because the second one wasn't as dark. It could have been better.

Yep...

This was ok until about halfway through and then I just started to get bored. And by the end I was nearly falling asleep. It wasnt the worst movie ever and not that good either. I'd give it a 6/10.

By the way, was anyone amused by all the gunplay? You'd think that within the first 15 minutes Kate Beckinsale's character would get the hint that her guns are worthless and that bullets arent gonna do a bit of good, yet she just keeps on blasting away. I cant remember the last time I've seen so much shooting in a movie (in a vampire movie no less!).

[quote name='Maklershed']This was ok until about halfway through and then I just started to get bored. And by the end I was nearly falling asleep. It wasnt the worst movie ever and not that good either. I'd give it a 6/10.

By the way, was anyone amused by all the gunplay? You'd think that within the first 15 minutes Kate Beckinsale's character would get the hint that her guns are worthless and that bullets arent gonna do a bit of good, yet she just keeps on blasting away. I cant remember the last time I've seen so much shooting in a movie (in a vampire movie no less!).[/QUOTE]

Man, your comments are spot on how I felt about the first one, including the falling asleep at the end.

So much shooting when none of it is really doing anything.

IMHO Underworld> King Kong. King Kong had shallow character development it was a 3 hour long meh. Underworld was decent for the price (free because of sis at the box office) was not too too bad. (Kate Beckensdale neked!!!!!)

[quote name='sying']IMHO Underworld> King Kong. King Kong had shallow character development it was a 3 hour long meh. Underworld was decent for the price (free because of sis at the box office) was not too too bad. (Kate Beckensdale neked!!!!!)[/QUOTE]

Son, you just said the three words that might actually convince me to go see that movie.

Saw it last night. don't read this post if you want... kinda spoilers, i dunno if it is or not.

Wtf is up with that stupid old guy who his "sons" are the original vampire/werewolf? I seriously didn't get it, how the heck did he "make" 2 completely different species or whatever.

I don't know, I don't like when modern movies try to change origins of classic stories.

Was more than worth it just to see Kate beckinsale

I really liked the first, and i really liked the second as well. I'd say it lived up to my expectations but didn't surpass them.

Also, I'm easy to please when it comes to movies.

[quote name='projecteightysix']Saw it last night. don't read this post if you want... kinda spoilers, i dunno if it is or not.

Wtf is up with that stupid old guy who his "sons" are the original vampire/werewolf? I seriously didn't get it, how the heck did he "make" 2 completely different species or whatever.

I don't know, I don't like when modern movies try to change origins of classic stories.[/QUOTE]

He didn't "make" two different species. It's mentioned as legened in the first film how the two brothers became the first werewolf and vampire.

I thought the movie was slightly better than the first. But yeah, the story was a little muddled. There was some good action scenes though (especially the truck fight).

The movie was fluff but it was entertaining fluff.

[quote name='projecteightysix']Saw it last night. don't read this post if you want... kinda spoilers, i dunno if it is or not.

Wtf is up with that stupid old guy who his "sons" are the original vampire/werewolf? I seriously didn't get it, how the heck did he "make" 2 completely different species or whatever.[/QUOTE]

SPOILERS?
He didnt make them. Marcus got bitten by a bat so he turned into a vampire. William got bitten by a wolf and turned into a lycan. From then on, they spread the virus and created more vampires/lycans.

Me and the wife watched it yesterday. And I thought it was ok ,(5/10) kinda boring, predictible(espically the helicopter part). But beckensale naked was priceless! :drool: :drool: And what was up with Beckinsale's character with the stupid shooting! It was not even working!

The best part of the whole thing was the Silent Hill trailer..

[quote name='TheRock88']SPOILERS?
He didnt make them. Marcus got bitten by a bat so he turned into a vampire. William got bitten by a wolf and turned into a lycan. From then on, they spread the virus and created more vampires/lycans.[/QUOTE]

well how did the old guy stay alive for a billion years or whatever?

[quote name='projecteightysix']well how did the old guy stay alive for a billion years or whatever?[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the first one? The reason they were looking for Michael in the first place is because the Corvinus bloodline had a special immunity. I can't remember specifically what disease it was, but old man Corvinus proved immune to it = long life.

[quote name='projecteightysix']well how did the old guy stay alive for a billion years or whatever?[/QUOTE]

(SPOILERS)
He's an immortal. He's not a regular human being. If you noticed, when Kate drinks his blood she turns into a "uber" vamp at the end who can withstand daylight.

I saw it on Friday, I didn't go in expecting much. I thought it was ok, it helped having more of the history explained. I'll probably rent it when it comes out on dvd to give it another shot.

bread's done
Back