Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Link

Most likely the start of a universal drop

Edit: Newegg.com has some of the versions at $19.99, including the 360 version:

Link

Edit 2: This should be considered as a universal drop now, as I've seen it at multiple online stores for $19.99 (including 360). So, best bet is to get it somewhere with a discount less than it's MSRP of $19.99

Well, as others have found out, the price drop is at EB and Gamestop. I called up my local Gamestop and they had one last used copy for the 360. So I ask the guy to hold it back for me. He kindly does so and I take my happy self down to Gamestop.

Here's where it got midly entertaining.

I get there and go to the front counter. I ask one of the employees for my held back copy of Lego Star Wars 2. Random Gamestop douche gets it and brings it to the front counter. He rings it up. Now comes the "WTF" look. He checks again. I sit there smiling just waiting. After he wipes the dumbfounded look off his face, he says "Your total will be $19.67". I then say, "Actually, I want to take money from a pre-order of SNK Capcom Card Fighters for the DS and put it towards the purchase of the game". Figured since the game sucked and was broken, I might as well get my $5 back.

Of course he's now a little annoyed that he has to lose a pre-order (even though it doesn't matter for his numbers). So he then tells me I need my pre-order reciept to take the money off with a look like "Ha, you're screwed now". I slowly open my wallet and slap down my reserve reciept. He grudgingly scans it in and then fiddles around with the computer a bit. He says "Alright, your total is now $14.85".

Again, I have to stop my speedy friend to say "I've got my %10 off card". So he hastily takes the card and scans it in. It seems he still hasn't learned his lesson as he starts to give me the total. "Alright so the total will be......". I cut him off and say, "Actually I have a %10 off coupon for any used game". At this point he's pissed he's had to go through all this BS while trying to rush me through. He scans that in and then waits.

At this point it's just golden because he thinks I have something else. Of course I'm all through and ask him "So what's my total?". He says, "Your total will be $10.74" in a low mumur. I take the game and go home for some gaming goodness.

So I end up getting the game for a little over $10 all while screwing with a jerk off Gamestop employee.

I went over to Gamecrazy, and they sold me their single used copy for $17.99 to match EB/GS, down from $37.99. This GC really doesn't like EB. :D I had $6-something in credit to use up at GC, so it worked out.

I tried to get Target to PM to the website but they wouldn't do it. :( But if its $20 at EB/GS I'll go grab one tomorrow morning :D

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Of course he's now a little annoyed that he has to lose a pre-order (even though it doesn't matter for his numbers). So he then tells me I need my pre-order reciept to take the money off with a look like "Ha, you're screwed now". I slowly open my wallet and slap down my reserve reciept. He grudgingly scans it in and then fiddles around with the computer a bit. He says "Alright, your total is now $14.85". [/quote]

Actually if you cancel a preorder it hurts that person's numbers

[quote name='fieldkillah']Actually if you cancel a preorder it hurts that person's numbers[/QUOTE]

Huh, must have changed from when I worked at EB. Still, the guy took his job way too seriously.

[quote name='nonggame']Damn should I buy this ?[/quote]
I enjoyed it a lot, but I could be slightly biased since I'm a hardcore Star Wars geek. Definitely worth it for $20 (or less if you get it used at EB). It's a short game, but very fun (especially in two player co-op) and some of the cut scenes are pretty funny. And if you've ever wondered what Darth Vader would look like dressed as Slave Leia, well, this is your game.

Don't forget to use your Xbox Live Diamond Card. Save an additional 10% off at Target.com. I used it so it does work.

I picked up the GC version at Bestbuy for $20 (PMed to Target).

Unfortunately they didn't give me the extra 10% on the PM, but I wasn't going to push it since I forgot to bring my printout and they technically could have denied me on the "not available in store" wording of the Target website.

[quote name='shrike4242']I went over to Gamecrazy, and they sold me their single used copy for $17.99 to match EB/GS, down from $37.99. This GC really doesn't like EB. :D I had $6-something in credit to use up at GC, so it worked out.[/quote]

this is looking universal, methinks, so hopefully GC will be in on this soon. i've got credit there.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Updated the OP to reflect it's a universal drop.[/QUOTE]

It's not quite universal yet... Best Buy still has them all at the old $39.99 price for PS2 / GC / Xbox.

Same with Circuit City.

So not quite universal.

[quote name='TC']Trying to find new games that have been out over 3 months on their website like pulling teeth.

Maybe I'll swing by there. Although I'm sure it will be the *last copy* with stickers all over the friggin packaging. :D[/QUOTE]

Just thought I would say something positive. Went to EB yesterday and grabbed a mint used copy of this game. The guy working there picked me out a perfect copy of the game and then didn't try to push and extra preorders ect. Very nice employee. Warren road location. Next door to the Sprint store.

[quote name='chunk']I picked up the GC version at Bestbuy for $20 (PMed to Target).

Unfortunately they didn't give me the extra 10% on the PM, but I wasn't going to push it since I forgot to bring my printout and they technically could have denied me on the "not available in store" wording of the Target website.[/QUOTE]

did you use a website printout for this? cause I want to use my GGC, though i dont think a GGC and a price match together is allowed

[quote name='shrike4242']I went over to Gamecrazy, and they sold me their single used copy for $17.99 to match EB/GS, down from $37.99. This GC really doesn't like EB. :D I had $6-something in credit to use up at GC, so it worked out.[/quote]

Should've waited - it was scanning at 14.99 used last night. I sold one for 13.50. Caught me off guard, I scanned it multiple times. Big "WTF?!" moment for me.

[quote name='Scorch']Should've waited - it was scanning at 14.99 used last night. I sold one for 13.50. Caught me off guard, I scanned it multiple times. Big "WTF?!" moment for me.[/quote]

...and here's the confirmation. i've been looking forward to getting this game. thanks scorch!

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']did you use a website printout for this? cause I want to use my GGC, though i dont think a GGC and a price match together is allowed[/quote]
I actually didn't use any printout. I walked up to the customer service counter and said, "I'd like to buy this game, but I'd like to price match to Target." The girl at the counter then went to the target website on her own accord, looked up the price, and rang it up.

Using the GGC with a price match is normally not allowed, but YMMV.

[quote name='Scorch']Should've waited - it was scanning at 14.99 used last night. I sold one for 13.50. Caught me off guard, I scanned it multiple times. Big "WTF?!" moment for me.[/quote]
Would they give me the lower price if I brought it back in tomorrow?

I tried getting it at Gamestop but their "new" copy was open. So I asked if I could get it for the 18 since it was open but of course the refused so I passed.

I just found it at Deep Discount. http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=7261104 for 18.99 shipped. I used the shop link at the top to order it. Hopefully it won't take too long to get here because I know a DVD I bought from them a long time ago took a little while.

[quote name='Richard']I tried getting it at Gamestop but their "new" copy was open. So I asked if I could get it for the 18 since it was open but of course the refused so I passed.

I just found it at Deep Discount. http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=7261104 for 18.99 shipped. I used the shop link at the top to order it. Hopefully it won't take too long to get here because I know a DVD I bought from them a long time ago took a little while.[/QUOTE]

Oh man...I had held up good so far since shipping costs pushed it over $20, etc...but now with this, no excuse, I caved in and bought it...darn this web site...:p

Thanks for the post. I also picked it up from Deep Discount DVD. I couldn't pass this up for a new copy. Crap, I've added two more 360 games today for my backlog... Thanks..

What store was it scanning at this price?

i heard that there are some characters and other stuff in the other versions that you have to buy on the 360 version, is this true?

[quote name='swetooth9']i heard that there are some characters and other stuff in the other versions that you have to buy on the 360 version, is this true?[/quote]

Yes, you can buy the characters from the first Lego Star Wars game for 200 points or $2.50. You can't use the save file from the first game to get them because the first game never came out for the 360.

[quote name='breakin2']sweetooth9 - I'm a UNC grad. Class of '99. Go Heels![/quote]

awesome, i'll be attending this fall :D

[quote name='Richard']Yes, you can buy the characters from the first Lego Star Wars game for 200 points or $2.50. You can't use the save file from the first game to get them because the first game never came out for the 360.[/quote]

hmm alright, but for the xbox 1 version, you can unlock the same characters by having a save from the original lego star wars save?

[quote name='swetooth9']awesome, i'll be attending this fall :D

hmm alright, but for the xbox 1 version, you can unlock the same characters by having a save from the original lego star wars save?[/quote]

Yes, if you have Lego Star Wars for the Xbox and buy Lego Star Wars II for the original Xbox it should unlock the characters you had from the first game.

[quote name='shrike4242']Would they give me the lower price if I brought it back in tomorrow?[/quote]
nope

//edit: Well, GC isn't supposed to price match either, so who knows wtf they'd do at your store.

[quote name='cag1000'] What store was it scanning at this price?[/quote]
the house of crazy games (GameCrazy). 19.99 new, 14.99 used, 13.49 with MVP.

The official paperwork came down this morning, looks like the 19.99/14.99 new/used price on the 360 will be a permanent thing.. I figured it'd be 29.99 new/24.99 used, that's what all the other 360PH titles are..

[quote name='Ma12kez']Thanks OP. I was able to get this for $16.15 after coupon and taxes at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
So is it ringing up for $19.99 at Best Buy?

[quote name='Decker']So is it ringing up for $19.99 at Best Buy?[/quote]Yup. The game was still priced at $49.99, but I just asked for a price check and it came up as $19.99. Just use the coupon posted here. I'm guessing most stores haven't updated the sticker prices yet.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Yup. The game was still priced at $49.99, but I just asked for a price check and it came up as $19.99. Just use the coupon posted here. I'm guessing most stores haven't updated the sticker prices yet.[/quote]

Sweet, I'll be picking it up from BB then.

[quote name='psunami']Picked it up at Best Buy for $15 after the Gamepro coupon. Thanks OP.[/quote]
Same and thanks. Price was already marked at $19.99 tonight.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Yup. The game was still priced at $49.99, but I just asked for a price check and it came up as $19.99. Just use the coupon posted here. I'm guessing most stores haven't updated the sticker prices yet.[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much for that info. Sure enough, it's marked at $49.99 and rang up $14.99 a/c. Sweet deal and probably the only 360 game I'll be able to play with my daughter for quite a while (unless she suddenly turns into a guitar prodigy like that kid on youtube).

[quote name='Decker']probably the only 360 game I'll be able to play with my daughter for quite a while (unless she suddenly turns into a guitar prodigy like that kid on youtube).[/quote]
It's really refreshing to know there are still parents who don't let their children play the Gears of War's and GTA's of the world. Just pointing that out.

[quote name='abhinav']I still need to grab this, have most B&M stores droped it to $20?[/QUOTE]

GameStop
Target
Best Buy
Circuit City
GameCrazy

that I've read so far

bread's done
Back