Unlocked Phone Process

tbassett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
CAGers,

can someone explain to me how the unlocked phone process works?? I have had a tracfone for a while and want to get something for my and my wife(preferably running android). Since I don't have an existing account with verizon/att can i even attempt to do this?

I went to Verizon store today and I got a price of around 80 a phone per month with voice/text/data. i would really like to get in at the 50 a month price range. I understand there is a higher upfront cost cause I have to buy the phones. But I know nothing of this process and the searching I did was brining a lot of old results which I don't want to rely on.

Any guidance would be great!

I was thinking of maybe this phone but haven't decided yet? https://negrielectronics.com/htc-desire-hd-ace-sense-850-1900-3gblack-unlocked-open-box.html

Unfortunately T-Mobile is out of the question as I live in the hills of PA and I don't get T-Mobile doesn't have coverage where I'm at. The Straight Talk is a possibility but I can't tell from there map if I'm covered in my area.

Is there no way to do something cheaper with Verizon/ATT?

I am with Virgin Mobile for $45 a month for unlimited text and data and 1200 minutes. I'm in PA, too!

Phones are not bad. Check Best Buy for deals!

Anyone here know if this phone I am about to sell can be activated( bought it at a yard sale ). When I make calls and I get the busy tone and texts won't go through so it should be good for activating correct?

bread's done
Back