UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

I think we need a poll about what to do to these people that keep adding OFFICIAL to their threads.

I vote for tar and feathering.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']I think we need a poll about what to do to these people that keep adding OFFICIAL to their threads.

I vote for tar and feathering.[/quote]

Wah! Anyways, other people have mentioned the desire for such a thread as well; Just trying to be helpful to the other CAG's. I don't really care if my thread is "official" or not, but it stands out more in the forum.

This is generally how GameRush gives credit:

-GAMERUSH-
Thanks to video_gamer324 for following info:
It seems like GameRush has a pattern with trade-in credit. It goes kind
of like this:
They Sell:/They Buy:
$3 / $.50
$5 / $1
$7 / $2
$10 / $3
$13-$15 / $7
$17-$30 / (approx. 50% of their selling price)
$33 / $20
$35 / $21
$40 / $25
$45 / $30

Maybe a more useful list would be games that we know are cheap elsewhere that give you high credit at GameRush. For example, Wild Arms 3 (PS2) is $10 at Circuit City and was worth $25 in store credit at GR. Also Smash Cars, $5 at Best Buy is worth $18 at GR.

mat hoffman bmx 2 gc $3
surfing H30 ps2 $3
tiger woods 2003 ps2 $13
blade II ps2 $5
fifa 2001 ps2 $3
midnight club II $7
doa 2 hardcore ps2 $7
madden 2002 ps2 $2
high heat 2004 ps2 $10
resident evil dead aim ps2 $10
midtown madness 3 xbox $7

Maybe a more useful list would be games that we know are cheap elsewhere that give you high credit at GameRush. For example, Wild Arms 3 (PS2) is $10 at Circuit City and was worth $25 in store credit at GR. Also Smash Cars, $5 at Best Buy is worth $18 at GR.

This is very true!
But if you got prices you might as well post em...

Found these:

Breakdown $25
Mario Kart $25
Tony Hawk 4 $7 GC
NBA 2K3 $7
Unreal 2 $25 XBX

Hmm... well you can get Breakdown used for $17.99 at either EB or GameStop so that would be about $7 in profit. That's a pretty good deal. Might have to do that one.

Actually, you could actually buy Breakdown for $15 new at Best Buy after GGC so that would be about $10 profit.

PS2 Madden 2002 - $2
PS2 Fantavision - $3
PS2 Mad Maestro - $8
PS2 NFL 2K2 - $0.50
PS2 ESPN NFL 2K4 - $12
GC Madden 2002 - $1
GC Extreme-G 3 - $2

[quote name='Cornfedwb']I think we need a poll about what to do to these people that keep adding OFFICIAL to their threads.

I vote for tar and feathering.[/quote]

the official stuff needs to be deemed by mods and CheapyD. that way it is an official thread that the site deems is an official CAG thread.

[quote name='shipwreck']This is generally how GameRush gives credit:

-GAMERUSH-
Thanks to video_gamer324 for following info:
It seems like GameRush has a pattern with trade-in credit. It goes kind
of like this:
$3 / $.50
$5 / $1
$7 / $2
$10 / $3
$13-$15 / $7
$17-$30 / (approx. 50% of their selling price)
$33 / $20
$35 / $21
$40 / $25
$45 / $30

Maybe a more useful list would be games that we know are cheap elsewhere that give you high credit at GameRush. For example, Wild Arms 3 (PS2) is $10 at Circuit City and was worth $25 in store credit at GR. Also Smash Cars, $5 at Best Buy is worth $18 at GR.[/quote]

I've done a little more trading at BB, and I'd like to update my original price list. If anyone can help me finish, I'd greatly appreciate it.

$3 / $.50
$5 / $1
$7 / $2
$10 / $3
$13-$15 / $7
$17-$25 / (approx. 50% of their selling price)
$27 / $17
$30 / $18
$33 / $20
$35 / $21
$40 / $25-$35

Halo $20

Outlaw Volleyball .50

Outlaw Golf .50

XBOX Madden 2003 $3

XBOX NCAA 2K3 $3

GBA Robetech $13

GBA Yugioh Worldwide edition $13

THESE TWO GBA GAMES I GOT $10 for because of the $10 for all GBA games.

Battle Bots

DBZ legacy of goku

That's all I can find for now.

Here's a list of trade in values from the 6/28 in-store flyer:

Xbox:
Xbox Hardware $100
S Controller $18
Duke Controller $15
DVD Remote w/ Sensor $17
LCD Game Screen $45
Wireless Controller $18
Spider-Man 2 $35
Driv3r $30
Full Spectrum Warrior $30
Psi-Ops $30

Gamecube:
Gamecube Hardware $70
Wavebird Controller w/ Sensor $18
Gameboy Player Adapter $25
Nintendo Controller $15
Spider-Man 2 $35
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban $25

PS2:
PS2 Hardware $100
Eye Toy w/ Disk $30
Sony 8MB Memory Card $15
Sony Dual Shock Controller $15
Sony Network Adapter w/ CD $18
USB Headset $15
Sony DVD Remote $6
Spider-Man 2 $35
Driv3r $30
Psi-Ops $30

PSX:
PS One LCD Screen $25
Sony Dual Shock Controller $10

GBA:
GBA Hardware $40
Game Enhancer $9
Gameboy Printer $6

Other:
N64 Hardware $15
Genesis Hardware $15

DVD Remote w/ Sensor $17

Hmmm, I might have to turn that in.... I ended up putting in a 5.1 system and DVD player in the room the XBOX is in. I used to use the XBOX for a player in there, but there really is no point anymore.

[quote name='zewone']i might turn in my old pink gba for $45 since I got a SP yesterday. Is that price for SP or original?[/quote]

Flyer just says Gameboy Advance Hardware so I'm assuming that it is the original hardware. Oh, and it's $40, not $45.

One other interesting thing about the flyer is that the two games they happened to picture next to the trade 2 get one used for $9.99 deal were Rainbow Six 3 for PS2 and Hitman Contracts for Xbox. Hopefully this means that Blockbuster is getting ready to put some of their rental copies of these games up for sale.

[quote name='shipwreck']One other interesting thing about the flyer is that the two games they happened to picture next to the trade 2 get one used for $9.99 deal were Rainbow Six 3 for PS2 and Hitman Contracts for Xbox. Hopefully this means that Blockbuster is getting ready to put some of their rental copies of these games up for sale.[/quote]

Hopefully! Contracts would be a nice pick up for $10!

Holy crap, a game store that gives above $30 for new releases? At $35 trade in credit for SpiderMan 2, that almost makes it worth purchasing without worry. Because that's only $9 loss (rentals go for $6 here) and a real long rental.

Keep in mind that the credit prices change constantly....

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Holy crap, a game store that gives above $30 for new releases? At $35 trade in credit for SpiderMan 2, that almost makes it worth purchasing without worry. Because that's only $9 loss (rentals go for $6 here) and a real long rental.[/quote]

Anyone have any idea why Game Rush doesn't currently have Wild Arms 3 listed in their system as a trade-in? I've called several stores all with the same answer.

For PS2 they only have Wild Arms Alter Code F listed, which isn't out yet.

[quote name='howard']Anyone have any idea why Game Rush doesn't currently have Wild Arms 3 listed in their system as a trade-in? I've called several stores all with the same answer.

For PS2 they only have Wild Arms Alter Code F listed, which isn't out yet.[/quote]

I think some peeps were taking advantage of them as it was on sale cheap at Best Buy and you could make like $20 in credit off of it.

[quote name='"jgb0607"']
I think some peeps were taking advantage of them as it was on sale cheap at Best Buy and you could make like $20 in credit off of it.

That's exactly why I called to ask. I was going to try and hunt one down at Circuit City or Worst Buy then use it towards the Mega Man Anniversary Collection.

Hmm... I know that I traded in 3 Wild Arms 3 for $25 a piece last week. And I have a friend that traded in an additional 2. Maybe they realized that they were giving too much money for this game? I'm surprised that they don't have anything in the system for it though. I figured they would just lower the trade-in value.

NFL Blitz Pro for XBOX $7

Arctic Thunder for XBOX $5

Smashing Drive for XBOX $5

The Sims Bustin Out for XBOX $21

[quote name='jgb0607'][quote name='shipwreck']One other interesting thing about the flyer is that the two games they happened to picture next to the trade 2 get one used for $9.99 deal were Rainbow Six 3 for PS2 and Hitman Contracts for Xbox. Hopefully this means that Blockbuster is getting ready to put some of their rental copies of these games up for sale.[/quote]

Hopefully! Contracts would be a nice pick up for $10![/quote]

I've seen multiple copies of Contacts at the various GR that I've been to (for both PS2 and Xbox). I wasn't too sure what it was trading in at the time so I passed each time.

And if Wild Arms is not working for you, go get Space Channel 5 for PS2. It's trade in value is $25 and can be found at Target for $10 and EB for $11 used/$15 new.

Breakdown(supposedly $25) valued at $4.50
Red Faction(xb) $8
Clone Wars/Tetris(xb) $8
Nfl Fever 2003 - $3
Ncaa 2k3(xb) $3

Does anybody know any stores selling Gga games cheap?

[quote name='jgb0607']
DVD Remote w/ Sensor $17

Well, the local GR here could not take this back.
The kid said he thought it was on their sheets but must have recently been removed.[/quote]

Well, the sheets do say that prices or terms could change at any time.

I tried to trade in Hitman: Contracts (PS2) and they said it'd went down to $22. I knew I should've went over there sooner. I traded in Hitman a few weeks ago at the other GameRush, then bought an XBOX version at this GR, traded it in at the other one to get my nephew Pokemon Sapphire. So that's probably what did it. $22's better than nothing.

Wild Arms 3 wouldn't register. The guy said the only Wild Arms in their computer (I think) was Wild Arms: Alter Echo, so I should've asked him what the trade in for that was, but I didn't think of it. Maybe they just got the name/s mixed up.

What are the Freebie points they give ya' for?
I had like 6 things and they all expired 6/30.
Can you win stuff or what?

A few games I traded in a couple weeks ago.

NBA Street Vol. 2 (GC) = $8
Freedom Fighters (GC) = $8
Red Faction 2 (GC) = $8
Smugglers Run (GC) = $1
(I didn't trade this one in)

One other thing, they had a sign saying that the Buy 1 Cartridge and Get 1 Free deal ends July 12th. Might be different for others though.

MVP Baseball 2004 (GC) $25
Super Smash Bros. $16

The trade one in get a new game for $29.99 has been changed to $39.99 at the game rushes near me. Is that true elsehwere?

I got $25 for Wild Arms 3 tonight. Unfortunately, the game cost me $15 used at EB. But when you get $35 credit from EB for Chronicles of Riddick, it doesn't hurt so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back