Unreal Deal Pack: $53.95 on Steam (includes UT3)

This is totally YMMV, but if you're patient keep tabs on Ebay for UT3. The market is inundated with copies. I managed to score one NIB (non import) for $16 shipped after keeping an eye open for a few days.

Pretty much the same price as buying Unreal Tournament 3 + Unreal Anthology from GoGamer. Which comes to $2 more than what Steam is currently selling it for, but in disk format. Though I guess the Steam deal isn't bad if you like Steam, seeing as it's tied to your account and your "disk" will never disappear unless you lose your account info and are unable to recover it.

The real question I have is...

Will you be able to play -against- non-Steam users in these games? I remember reading that it wasn't possible with Quake III Arena / Team Arena, so I'm wondering if this will happen with these games too.

that's a great deal, the original UT is still one of my favorites. i'm pretty sure any game you buy via steam can be played with anyone. you'll be searching all the servers as you normally would but you'll be using steam as the front end to start the game is all. Rock on

bread's done
Back