Unreal Tournament 3 CE purchase at Gamestop

magnawiz

CAGiversary!
Wow I think I just learned the ability of how to push people.

Okay so I preordered UT3 Collector's Edition at Gamestop last month and then the website said the CE preorder would come with a bonus Unreal Anthology in addition to the bonus character code.

So I called in to ask if they have the game today and asked to confirm that I'll get the Unreal Anthology bonus as promised on the website. The employee put me on hold to check. He said no, it's sold separately. I told him the website said it's a bonus with the CE preorder. He went to call his manager on the phone. He came back to tell me that he's sorry and he couldn't do anything about it and told me to come back tomorrow to talk with the manager.

I then emphasized that it's stated on the site and I could bring in a print out (printed out when I first heard about the deal two weeks ago). He said he'll check the website. He said there's nothing about it on there (?). He said it might've been only for online purchases. I told him it said you can pick it up from the store if you preordered in the store. I was getting a bit mad but kept my cool and asked if I could speak with the manager on the phone, but he didn't let me because it was the manager's cellphone he called.

So I kept on pushing and saying I could bring in the ad and that I could only pick up the game today. I asked him to please call the manager one more time and tell him I can bring in the ad that stated exactly the deal. He then went to call the manager and I said thank you.

When he came back I misheard what he said and thought it was "I can't take care of it." But when he said again, "No, I CAN take care of it." And I asked if I'll also get the Anthology and he said yes and told me I don't even need to bring the ad.

I brought just in case and I also brought a printout of the 10% off next purchase at EB/GS coupon on CAG. The first guy who rung me up was probably new because he thought all I was purchasing was the Anthology and gave me only that. I told him it comes with the CE box and he gave me that. I asked him to also get me the character card and both him and the guy I talked to on the phone told me it's in the box. I gave him the 10% coupon and thought he applied it correctly so I paid for the game.

I opened the box to see that there's no character card. I didn't want to bother the guy who's ringing me up again because I suspected that he was a bit annoyed by me. And he was ringing someone else.

I went over to the guy who I talked to on the phone to tell him that there's no character card in the box. He looked and found nothing. He checked the top drawer and found it there and gave me the bent one. (I don't care because it's just a piece of paper with the code)

Then I was walking out of the store and looked at the receipt and it didn't look right. I came back to ask if the coupon was applied and the guy on the phone looked at the coupon printout and said it's only applied to used games. I asked him where does it say it on that. He told me it doesn't say specifically but he's sure all coupons are only for used games and not for new games. Again I got mad :bomb: but kept my cool and told him it worked for a friend (lie; I have no friends). He said he could try it on another game. I said please do.

He tried it on Mass Effect and it worked. So he did a return transaction and rerung to apply the discount to the game ($6 off). I said thanks for getting out of your way and he was cool about the whole thing.

Then I came back once more to told him that he forgot to apply the $5 deposit I made when I preordered the game. He said the $5 is included in the amount that he returned when he rerung the game. So it was my fault this time.

But one weird thing is, and I just noticed now, he didn't ask for my debit card. Do they need my card when they do a return transaction? When I worked at Fry's I needed to. So I checked my bank account and it says the amount that was rung up without the 10% coupon and not the new amount. It's in pending stage so I'll probably wait to see if it fixes itself. Otherwise I'll have to come back for another visit. :bouncy:

Thank you for your reading.:D

Basically everything went wrong.

They didn't know about the deal.
They left out a part of the limited edition.
They forgot to apply the coupon.

what system? if pc

"Two preorder bonus items:

• Free in-game character Ariel Iron Clad.
  • Unreal Anthology with 5 games including Unreal, Return to Na Pali expansion, Unreal II: The Awakening, Unreal Tournament GOTY Edition and Unreal Tournament 2004 with Editors Choice Edition & Mega Bonus Pack.
Store customers will recieve extra character code in store with reservation. Online customers will recieve codes via e-mail the week of game launch. Store customers will receive Unreal Anthology at time of purchase in store. Online customers will receive Unreal Anthology with shipment. Please provide a valid e-mail address when ordering. While supplies last. "

If I recall correctly, CC had UT2k4 CE for 27.99 the first week back in 2004. I was hoping for a good deal from them 3 years later but no go :(

Okay dude, you got fucked.

When we do a return on a debit card, we're supposed to give out cash.

What sounds like happened is he just closed the drawer and rerung the transaction, and didn't bother to give out anything. So, they ended up over on cash, and you didn't get your 6 bucks.

No I got my 6 bucks (from the discount coupon) back in cash. I'm just wondering if my money from the original transaction (the one with no discount applied) was sent back to my card.

Because he had to return the first transaction to rering the game again and apply the coupon. Only thing is, when he did the return he didn't ask for my debit.

bread's done
Back