Unreal Tournament 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info

Sorry I didn't read the entire thread (plz don't kill me if this has already been asked), but can someone share their thoughts and experiences using the Mouse and KB control for this game on the PS3? How does it compare to the controller? I am trying to decide whether I want to invest in the MX5000 (Logitech BT M/KB) but it's $120 and I am leary about buying it for one game. I am very comfortable using the controller, even against other Mouse and KB players.

I've played UT for years on the PC but curious how others like it the KB/Mouse controls on the PS3.

Thanks!

[quote name='PerfectCr']I play some last night, but there was only three people in the map. :)[/quote]

It is a small map isn't it? Think I saw it say 2-4 players.

[quote name='NamPaehc']It is a small map isn't it? Think I saw it say 2-4 players.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but I've seen a lot more in UT2004. It's crazy with 32 players! :)

Does anyone else get PSN error 8002A548 when trying to play this game online? It disconnects me from PSN everytime. This is the only game where I get this message. I've tried a few things but nothing seems to allow me to play this game online yet.

[quote name='Pratt75']Does anyone else get PSN error 8002A548 when trying to play this game online? It disconnects me from PSN everytime. This is the only game where I get this message. I've tried a few things but nothing seems to allow me to play this game online yet.[/QUOTE]

I didn't when I first started playing the game.

I haven't played in over 2 months and I'm starting to get that message now. It's annoying.

I was playing tonight as usual. They seem to get more, and more mods. One server I went to it wasn't first person like normal you could actually see the character.

[quote name='NamPaehc']There was a Halo map recently released.

*crosses fingers the legals leave this alone.*[/QUOTE]

Woah.

I'm pretty let down that it's such a PITA to download and install all these maps, especially at the rate they're being revised and updated. It's a lot of work and trouble to make sure you have the right version of a given map, y'know? Plus all this "one at a time" crap is really irritating.

I'm very happy about all the mods out there, and Epic is being very kind with this customization, but it could have been better implemented.

[quote name='jman619']I was playing tonight as usual. They seem to get more, and more mods. One server I went to it wasn't first person like normal you could actually see the character.[/QUOTE]
3rd person? ;)

Wizard is a pretty easy map to replicate. I'd like to see someone make something more elaborate, like Zanzibar.

I am usually in CTF matches under the name sdcharger.. look for me.

I can't believe how small the community is.. nobody plays this game. I see the same people every time I play, Sucks, because it's a great game.

[quote name='Pratt75']Does anyone else get PSN error 8002A548 when trying to play this game online? It disconnects me from PSN everytime. This is the only game where I get this message. I've tried a few things but nothing seems to allow me to play this game online yet.[/quote]

That sucks pratt. It really is a great game. All the mods, and maps seem to make it even better.

I don't understand why the people I play with in UT3 don't show up in my "Players Met". Is there a setting or option I'm missing?

The only people listed there are the ones I played the Burnout demo against back in December!

[quote name='Richlough']Has there been any news of a demo anytime soon ?

Also , are the controls totally customizable ?[/quote]

This game is just pure spray and pray fun. Have you ever played a UT game? It is pretty much like the old games. Really fast, bullethoses and steroid injected avatars. I love the game, even though I hardly play it.

[quote name='Kendal']This game is just pure spray and pray fun. Have you ever played a UT game? It is pretty much like the old games. Really fast, bullethoses and steroid injected avatars. I love the game, even though I hardly play it.[/QUOTE]

I kinda figured that , I've been plaing Unreal/UT since the first ones on PC .
I'm just curious before I throw down my $60 [no deals] .

How customizable are the controls ?
Can you use a USB mouse and keyboard ?

Thanks .

Has anyone been able to successfully use a BT headset to communicate in this game?

Last night while playing I finally heard some people chatting but I couldn't get my voice to transit to them.

I've got my headset listed as the audio input/output device and I'm holding down the right quadrant of the D-pad to speak...but it's not working.

Is there something I'm overlooking?

Well my nephew bought this game. My question is, WHAT THE fuck IS WITH THE MOTHERfuckING FREEZING WHEN JOINING ONLINE GAMES? This is just fucking pathetic. Sometimes he can join the game, sometimes he'll just freeze, the unreal icon that spins just stops. Is this a known issue?

[quote name='gokou36']Well my nephew bought this game. My question is, WHAT THE fuck IS WITH THE MOTHERfuckING FREEZING WHEN JOINING ONLINE GAMES? This is just fucking pathetic. Sometimes he can join the game, sometimes he'll just freeze, the unreal icon that spins just stops. Is this a known issue?[/quote]

Yeah it happens to me quite often.

[quote name='Blackout542']Yeah it happens to me quite often.[/quote]

As he says it happens. I've had a few other problems,but only when custom mods was invloved. Like once my character would't stop shooting when I wasn't hitting anything, and the other one was it keep turning around and around,but it only happened once, and it was minor.

Does this game update when yoou go online ?
Has it been patched yet ?

I'm just wondering how that type of thing works for this game .

[quote name='Richlough']Does this game update when yoou go online ?
Has it been patched yet ?

I'm just wondering how that type of thing works for this game .[/quote]
To the best of my knowledge it hasn't been patched yet.

I've been following the kerfluffle over at the Epic/Unreal forums and there seems to be a fair amount of disbelief on behalf of the production team that people are experiencing bugs. Every time someone posts about an issue, one of the Unreal guys says, "Really? It works fine for us!" or "We can't seem to replicate your problem."

It's making me crazy. Gameplay is a blast, but the VOIP chat is completely broken. In addition, the damn thing crashes on me constantly...the whole system seizes up while loading and I've got to power off my PS3 to get out of it. Ugh.

[quote name='bmachine']To the best of my knowledge it hasn't been patched yet.

I've been following the kerfluffle over at the Epic/Unreal forums and there seems to be a fair amount of disbelief on behalf of the production team that people are experiencing bugs. Every time someone posts about an issue, one of the Unreal guys says, "Really? It works fine for us!" or "We can't seem to replicate your problem."

It's making me crazy. Gameplay is a blast, but the VOIP chat is completely broken. In addition, the damn thing crashes on me constantly...the whole system seizes up while loading and I've got to power off my PS3 to get out of it. Ugh.[/quote]

I play it almost every night. It only messed up on me maybe once or twice.

[quote name='jman619']I play it almost every night. It only messed up on me maybe once or twice.[/quote]

You're able to use voice chat over a Bluetooth headset without a problem?

[quote name='bmachine']You're able to use voice chat over a Bluetooth headset without a problem?[/quote]

oh lol. Haven't tryed that I though you was refering to when the game loads and freezes sometimes my bad ^_^

[quote name='Richlough']Have you guys with problems installed the game ?[/quote]

Yeah, I have it installed on hard drive. Do you think that's the problem?

[quote name='bmachine']Yeah, I have it installed on hard drive. Do you think that's the problem?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea , it's a variable though .

You can use KB/M Rich, as well as download mods and maps made from other users.

If you didn't find all this out already.

One time while playing a single player campaign the frame rated melted, I think it was cause my system had been on for such a long time. Sometimes online play isn't as smooth as I'd like but for the most part its good.

If anybody wants to play me online send me a friend request :) I'm not that good though

[quote name='dallow']You can use KB/M Rich, as well as download mods and maps made from other users.

If you didn't find all this out already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah , I did , thanks for the reply though .

Did you pick up this game ?

I think I'm ready to sell this game. I played it a lot and got my rank up in the 20's in the first 2-3 weeks, but with the small online community and with school and work, I can't find the time to play this game anymore.

Just waiting for SC2 now.

Thinking about getting this but I'm worried about how many people are online. Is it hard to find a game? A small comunnity is fine but if it takes a while to just get in a game I think I'll pass. What's with Unreal, whenever a new one comes out it it never really gets that many long term players, I remember how 2k4 was huge when it came out, and a few months later it was a ghost town.

[quote name='Richlough']Yeah , I did , thanks for the reply though .

Did you pick up this game ?[/quote]Actually not my type of game, so I didn't. Was just interested in what was going on in this thread.

I think a guy I used to work with the one of the character's voice in the game.
I know he did for UT 2003 or 04.

[quote name='nyman']Thinking about getting this but I'm worried about how many people are online.[/quote]
I seldom have trouble finding a good game to hop onto...always seems to be lots of people playing. When I host, I usually get 8-12 random players in the first minute or two.

I tend to play on occasional weeknights, around 10pm-2am, so that may account for the reliable traffic.

I filtered keyboard and mouse off today for DM and the list of servers got a lot smaller but this was in the early afternoon and there was almost always at least 9-12 of the 12 people. I actually won my first online DM :) I think replaying the game on hard is paying off....and losing the kb/m competition evens things out.

I want to download some mods. Can anyone tell me like the top 5 ones to download? You know, the ones that are the most fun to play on, intense, etc.

Also can someone please tell me how many missions campaign has? I cannot find any info on it.

And damn, the mission Tolen Delta is annoying as all fuck. I was playing with my friend, and it's basically 2 versus 7. Your comps suck balls but magically the ones one the other team rape and destroy you.

anyone have this and the pc version? ive tried both and theres something about the ps3 version that is bothering me..

its like its locked at 30 fps or something..

and whats the link again to dl mods?

[quote name='guyver2077']its like its locked at 30 fps or something..[/quote]
It is, which blows. I will be playing the PC version exclusively whenever I get my new box built. The game on PS3 isn't bad, I just wish it was running at 60 fps.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']It is, which blows. I will be playing the PC version exclusively whenever I get my new box built. The game on PS3 isn't bad, I just wish it was running at 60 fps.[/quote]

i found myself trying to access the console a few times lol...

bread's done
Back