• 512 Mbytes of System RAM
• NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
• 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Recommended System Requirements
• 2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor
• 1 GBytes of System RAM
• NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card
• 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Kotaku calls the requirements hefty, but I call Kotaku poor. Seriously, if you've built a computer in the last 3 years, you're fine.

Shit, those requirements are low. Nice to know, because I'm eagerly awaiting this game. Hopefully, I can run this fast and smooth on mine. I plan on picking up a new graphics card when the new Nvidia cards are released anyway.

Bring on the demo.

[quote name='Chacrana']
• NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card

Kotaku calls the requirements hefty, but I call Kotaku poor. Seriously, if you've built a computer in the last 3 years, you're fine.[/quote]
What is the x1300 doing there? It's not in the same league as the 7800GTX. Most rec specs will have the x1900 listed with a 7800.

Also, ever single min spec blog post will say that the requirements are hefty. Because as everyone knows, "you have to spend $3000 a year to play new PC games".

Edit: I wonder what the specs for Gears of War will be... Maybe it can look almost as good as the 360 with my 7900GS? Believe.

cool. I'm well above the recommended specs. Crysis can lick my dx9, yet still high end nuts

Yeh, I'm well above the requirements as it is... so I might give this game a test run before I build my new computer.

So yeah, this looks good. We'll be playing the game this year, and it'll cost $10 less for the better version.

But y'know, my PC is $3000 per year.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeh, I'm well above the requirements as it is... so I might give this game a test run before I build my new computer.

So yeah, this looks good. We'll be playing the game this year, and it'll cost $10 less for the better version.

But y'know, my PC is $3000 per year.[/QUOTE]

on a side note, I've been keeping tabs and I'm quickly closing in on the price of a console (subtracting from my PC cost) with the cash I've saved buying PC games.

[quote name='Apossum']on a side note, I've been keeping tabs and I'm quickly closing in on the price of a console (subtracting from my PC cost) with the cash I've saved buying PC games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the money you save with the $10 off retail price and the frequent price drops on games adds up damn quick. Hell, some stuff like Sega Rally Revo (which is really good, surprisingly) retails for $40, and EB's got a $10 off thing on preorders, so it's half the price of a 360 or PS3 game at launch.

I'm barely above min spec... I really need to dump some cash into this machine, and get something that'll be able to run the new UnrealEd well.

Those specs seem overly low to me, the graphics are far too amazing. Most likely they're understating the requirements.

They don't mention anything about what resolution and graphics settings machines with those specs can run. :)

"UT3 will run on your 4 year old PC just fine!(at 320x240 and everything on Ultra-Low)"

I was a little worried about my system since I never reached 60fps in other UE3 games such as BioShock.

Athlon 64 X2 5600
2GB DDR800 Ram
Radeon X1800XT 512mb

This video card was top of the line...in 2005. :)

I'm guessing UT3 is built to run much better though, since it's meant to be a fast-paced multiplayer game that requires high framerates.

I love the bigger divide that seems to be developing on PC games between the "minimum" requirements and the "recommended" requirements. They may as well just start call them the "recommended but still not sufficient" requirements and the "don't bother" requirements.

Epic has a history of making games run on as many systems as possible. I remember a lot of people playing UT 2004 in software mode, and it even looked kinda nice.

I have a 6800 GS, so I should get decent play out of it w/ a DC 4200+ and 2gb of ram.

Bring on the UT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back