Unreleased Xbox 360 controller, signed collectors item!

Is this in any way different from what is soon to be in stores (other than the signatures)? If not, it isn't nearly as much of a collector's item, it's just a signed new controller.

Are there other shipping options?

I see it says 100% of the final sale price goes to chairty. That means that (as of this posting) $10 goes to charity, and then $7 of the shipping cost goes to UPS and $33 goes to you? While I personally won't flag this, you should be careful since you can get kicked off of ebay or suspended for excessive shipping. Just a word of warning on your charitable quest.

[quote name='tlwizard']Are there other shipping options?

I see it says 100% of the final sale price goes to chairty. That means that (as of this posting) $10 goes to charity, and then $7 of the shipping cost goes to UPS and $33 goes to you? While I personally won't flag this, you should be careful since you can get kicked off of ebay or suspended for excessive shipping. Just a word of warning on your charitable quest.[/QUOTE]

LOL 28 dollars to ship to my address.. That thing better arrive in a box that somewhat resembles gold.

[quote name='tlwizard']Are there other shipping options?

I see it says 100% of the final sale price goes to chairty. That means that (as of this posting) $10 goes to charity, and then $7 of the shipping cost goes to UPS and $33 goes to you? While I personally won't flag this, you should be careful since you can get kicked off of ebay or suspended for excessive shipping. Just a word of warning on your charitable quest.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iamnick']LOL 28 dollars to ship to my address.. That thing better arrive in a box that somewhat resembles gold.[/QUOTE]

He is not using UPS Ground which cost $7. USP cost is determine by distance, so for some people like me it is under $20 but a lot more for other people. Honestly this will easily go over $150. For something this expensive it doesn't make sense to go with shipping that will take over a week.

Though I am wonder if it is even possible to open it without damaging the signatures.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PenguinMaster']Is this in any way different from what is soon to be in stores (other than the signatures)? If not, it isn't nearly as much of a collector's item, it's just a signed new controller.[/QUOTE]

Major Nelson Tweeted something the other day to the effect of the final ones aren't going to have those all-gray buttons.

[quote name='62t']He is not using UPS Ground which cost $7. USP cost is determine by distance, so for some people like me it is under $20 but a lot more for other people. Honestly this will easily go over $150. For something this expensive it doesn't make sense to go with shipping that will take over a week.

Though I am wonder if it is even possible to open it without damaging the signatures.[/QUOTE]That may be. But do you think that when I order a controller from Amazon with free Prime it's $40 out of pocket to ship it to me? Even with their volume discount do you think it's $20? If I go to the UPS site and estimate postage... Amazon says the normal controllers weigh 11.7 oz. Let's say the OP adds 2lbs and 4 oz of packaging and peanuts so the whole package is 3 lbs. The cheapest shipping quote on ebay to me is $40. UPS site says $24. And that's for 3 day select. UPS ground is $13 from UPS. My only suggestion is that USPS can get it to anyone in the country flat rate for $10 within 2-3 days. But that's why the OP says 100% of final sale price goes to charity and not 100% of the profit. And again I only say all this because someone could very easily flag the listing for excessive shipping because it IS excessive shipping.

Unless you have a 1 cent buy it now with $50 shipping, ebay usually won't go after people overcharging by $5-10

[quote name='tlwizard']That may be. But do you think that when I order a controller from Amazon with free Prime it's $40 out of pocket to ship it to me? Even with their volume discount do you think it's $20? If I go to the UPS site and estimate postage... Amazon says the normal controllers weigh 11.7 oz. Let's say the OP adds 2lbs and 4 oz of packaging and peanuts so the whole package is 3 lbs. The cheapest shipping quote on ebay to me is $40. UPS site says $24. And that's for 3 day select. UPS ground is $13 from UPS. My only suggestion is that USPS can get it to anyone in the country flat rate for $10 within 2-3 days. But that's why the OP says 100% of final sale price goes to charity and not 100% of the profit. And again I only say all this because someone could very easily flag the listing for excessive shipping because it IS excessive shipping.[/QUOTE]

I have had some bad experiences with USPS using priority mail more then once, so I can understand why someone wouldn't use it. Checking the UPS website myself, I'm looking at about a 10 dollar difference, which I don't think is a huge discrepancy. Looks like it's up over 150 already.

I was actually going to overnight it at those prices. I have been trying to add all the shipping options but it only let me do two. I will tell you what to make you all happy I will make the shipping free.

also I used the default shipping calculator, I basically wanted to open it up to international bidders with out leaving myself paying 30 for shipping

another edit, I guess I can't make free shipping. But as Side note this is a 70 dollar controller + 1 day of time , I am not trying to make 10 dollars on shipping, I can just donate the shipping cost to Child's Play as well. It kinda makes me upset that people would even think I shady while doing this.

also I used the default shipping calculator, I basically wanted to open it up to international bidders with out leaving myself paying 30 for shippinh

Honestly though, I used the default shipping calculator which I didn't realize was such a huge mistake, I tried to offer USPS shipping as well but for some reason it didn't come through. I am going to contact ebay about the shipping calculator, but I am wondering if this was because I put the wrong weight in or something.

Also the reason the shipping time is so high is because I set it to 3 business days for the handling time, this was because I had an item unintentionally end the day I was leaving for PAX, and I had to spend part of my day making sure it shipped that day as I had selected 1 day shipping. I will most likely be able to ship this controller the day the auction ends ( as long as I can get to fed ex or ups by 4:30 )

Another update, I think I found a way to do free shipping, ignore the processing time I will ship it as soon as payment is clear ( I even have the day off tomorrow) So I will try to get it to you by the end of the week.

Please let me know if shipping shows up as free !

on a final note, my method for trying to retroactively do free shipping didn't work so I just refunded the shipping amount. but somehow all the money ended up in my paypal which was not supposed to happen, which makes me think 2 things, 1. I did something wrong when i listed the auction 2. Ebay should make this not possible to have it list as going to charity when it lets you collect the money, so I would advise to be careful about this. I want to believe most people are not crooked, but it would be possible to pretend to give money to charity. I will update you guys when I figure this out with Kristin from Child's Play

bread's done
Back