Up to $30 off DS Lites and B2G1 free on select DS games at Amazon

[quote name='Kerig']"ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS!"

I'm an equal opportunity stickler. I can't honestly post the above sentence to noobs posting "I found great deals at Target in the clearance aisle today!!!" if I don't call Cheapy out as well. :)

Where's the CAGCast and foreplay this week?[/quote]
Well to be fair CheapyD most likely created this thread in advanced so that people see it and post everything related to the sale in this thread, instead of making multiple threads.

If the deals are good enough, I'm sure it'll just be another couple days of unsuccessful gold box page refreshing.
But thanks anyway Cheapy. It should be interesting.

[quote name='rabbitt']This doesn't make a bit of goddamn sense, as he put in the title that the only detail he had was that there will be a sale on Amazon soon. I don't know how people are already getting disappointed when the sale hasn't even started yet.[/quote]

It makes perfect sense. If anyone else had made a thread saying "A deal is coming but I don't know what yet", people would flame the crap outta the op. Just because he put in the title there's no details doesn't make this any better. I'm just trying to be consistent. Don't get all bent outta shape cus I said it about Cheapy. If there's no details to anything, it doesn't deserve a thread. Just wait until we know something.

[quote name='albino_hippo']Awesome. This happens to be during 2 games I've pre-ordered.. GH: World Tour (10/26) and Fallout 3 (10/28).. Hope they don't drop the price :mad:[/quote]

Doesn't matter if they do. Amazon lets you request a partial refund for price drops as many times as you want for a 30 day period after purchase.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Doesn't matter if they do. Amazon lets you request a partial refund for price drops as many times as you want for a 30 day period after purchase.[/quote]

I thought they changed that policy....

[quote name='Poor2More']I thought they changed that policy....[/quote]

Agreed, they did cancel the 30-day "lowest price match" policy. Still, I think albino-hippo's covered because they're pre-orders; Amazon does still promise the lowest price:

"Pre-Order Price Guarantee Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date."

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']Agreed, they did cancel the 30-day "lowest price match" policy. Still, I think albino-hippo's covered because they're pre-orders; Amazon does still promise the lowest price:

"Pre-Order Price Guarantee Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date."[/quote]

yes but if they drop the price after the game comes out he's screwed

the pre-order price guarantee is only up until the game is released

I can't keep my expectations low. Our leader knows something going on. ITS GONNA BE BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Star Wars: Force Unleashed for 360 $44.99 on amazon.

Not part of this sale, and not a biggie, but $15 less than msrp is nice.

I hope there are a lot of DS/PSP game in the sale. We don't have good heating in my house, and I tend to spend the winter in front of the heater, away from my consoles. So I need to stock up on the portables.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']It makes perfect sense. If anyone else had made a thread saying "A deal is coming but I don't know what yet", people would flame the crap outta the op. Just because he put in the title there's no details doesn't make this any better. I'm just trying to be consistent. Don't get all bent outta shape cus I said it about Cheapy. If there's no details to anything, it doesn't deserve a thread. Just wait until we know something.[/QUOTE]

You're right, if anyone else had made a thread like this, it probably wouldn't be worth looking. There are few others around here that have "inside information." As it is, though, this topic was made by someone who knows of an upcoming deal and gives us exact dates of when it is going to happen. The fact that he didn't put what games are going on sale doesn't really matter at this point because it's not Sunday.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this because it's CheapyD, but try looking at it from his perspective. If you were him and you knew of a deal that was going to happen between x and x, for sure, wouldn't you feel obligated to at least mention it in the forums? Really, what harm would it do?

Wow, people, get over it. Seriously. I noticed lately that the "cool" thing to do is to bash deal threads CheapyD starts. I remember all the whining in the 360 accessory thread. "OMG, this is only $5 off. That isn't a deal!" There is a sale here...I assume. This isn't just some random poster saying, "Oh, hey, I heard there is going to be a B2G1 at GameStop next month. Pass it along."

I'm sure I will be accused of kissing up to Cheapy, like everyone always does when they make a post in support of him. I guess, that would make sense, if Cheapy knew me from a hole in the ground. As it stands, he doesn't, so "kissing up" to him would do next to nothing for me.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, people, get over it. Seriously. I noticed lately that the "cool" thing to do is to bash deal threads CheapyD starts. I remember all the whining in the 360 accessory thread. "OMG, this is only $5 off. That isn't a deal!" There is a sale here...I assume. This isn't just some random poster saying, "Oh, hey, I heard there is going to be a B2G1 at GameStop next month. Pass it along."

I'm sure I will be accused of kissing up to Cheapy, like everyone always does when they make a post in support of him. I guess, that would make sense, if Cheapy knew me from a hole in the ground. As it stands, he doesn't, so "kissing up" to him would do next to nothing for me.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. People get bent out of shape over the littlest things. If you are getting worked up over this you are putting we too much thought into it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, people, get over it. Seriously. I noticed lately that the "cool" thing to do is to bash deal threads CheapyD starts. I remember all the whining in the 360 accessory thread. "OMG, this is only $5 off. That isn't a deal!" There is a sale here...I assume. This isn't just some random poster saying, "Oh, hey, I heard there is going to be a B2G1 at GameStop next month. Pass it along."

I'm sure I will be accused of kissing up to Cheapy, like everyone always does when they make a post in support of him. I guess, that would make sense, if Cheapy knew me from a hole in the ground. As it stands, he doesn't, so "kissing up" to him would do next to nothing for me.[/QUOTE]
beyond kissing up.....because if i made this thread, i would have an even harsh reaction

I'm just happy he stated that there are no details yet clearly in the thread title to save expectations before entering the thread

[quote name='strongpimphand']beyond kissing up.....because if i made this thread, i would have an even harsh reaction

I'm just happy he stated that there are no details yet clearly in the thread title to save expectations before entering the thread[/quote]

Do you have inside information? Oh, you don't? Yeah, I didn't think so. It's not the same as you posting it, because you would be merely speculating, unless you got the information from someone who does know. Get over it with the "if I posted...boo hoo." And stop insulting people, just because they take the higher road and don't feel like bitching about fellow CAGs.

[quote name='buckythekat']yes but if they drop the price after the game comes out he's screwed

the pre-order price guarantee is only up until the game is released[/QUOTE]

And amazon is notorious for dropping the price the same day something is released, especially on blu rays. My preorders are WAY down since the POPG is gone. Then again, being as all blu rays are no longer 30% or better off there, my amazon orders period are way down. It's pretty sad when you can get quite a few things cheaper at best buy now...

[quote name='buckythekat']I know I am, sadly Amazon seems to be going downhill lately[/quote]

Not sure I agree with that, but WTF with all the "tags" in this thread. It'll be on the front page if its decent. No Amazon thread with no details deserves a "tag". :roll:

[quote name='JCAll']I hope there are a lot of DS/PSP game in the sale. We don't have good heating in my house, and I tend to spend the winter in front of the heater, away from my consoles. So I need to stock up on the portables.[/quote]

The 360 doesn't generate enough heat to keep you cozy?

Damn, I hate college apps. They occur in the fall-early winter, which happens to be the fucking game explosapolooza every year. I hope this is nothing big cause of the damn apps and I have very few monies left.

[quote name='pop311']Damn, I hate college apps. They occur in the fall-early winter, which happens to be the fucking game explosapolooza every year. I hope this is nothing big cause of the damn apps and I have very few monies left.[/quote]
Heh, it's not like you have to do college apps every year. Enjoy the moment.

[quote name='mietha']And amazon is notorious for dropping the price the same day something is released, especially on blu rays. My preorders are WAY down since the POPG is gone. Then again, being as all blu rays are no longer 30% or better off there, my amazon orders period are way down. It's pretty sad when you can get quite a few things cheaper at best buy now...[/QUOTE]

You'd be covered under that case because the pre-order price guarantee covers you through the end of release day.

"Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)"

Something that is Rockband 2, Guitar Hero IV, Rock Rev maybe?

I dunno, I mean it would be kinda nice to know at this point if you are going to tease it

Im really hoping this is for PS2 titles. theres still some things i would like to pick up but i missed the buy 2 get 1 free :cry:

After seeing Wal Mart did their 2 for $30 sale, maybe Amazon has some games they want to clear out? And considering there's a lot less anticipated hits coming out this year and seeing how the economy sucks, I think selling older games for cheap is a great idea.

[quote name='onapartyrock']So do they usually post their sales at midnight and if so what time zone?[/quote]

It will be Pacific, which I hate, since I don't really like staying up till 3 AM (East Coaster here), especially now since Amazon hasn't really been on a roll with their most recent deals. Though I guess if they start posting the deals at 12 PST tonight I could stand it, since I don't have to be up early tomorrow.

[quote name='onapartyrock']So do they usually post their sales at midnight and if so what time zone?[/quote]

It all really depends on what this ends up being. If it's just them reducing prices on a bunch of stuff for a few days, yeah, it will all start at 12AM PT and run through until the end. If these are going to be a ton of lightening deals, they will change throughout the three days.

Oh, and I bet we will get to save a dollar or two in this sale.
Master Po: Perhaps more than that!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
Oh, and I bet we will get to save a dollar or two in this sale.
Master Po: Perhaps more than that![/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

I love having Anthony back to playing with videogames instead of the traffic whore.

bread's done
Back