UPC and returning games

ThrillSteak

CAGiversary!
So FutureShop messed up my order and I did not receive my nhl 12 pre-order.
If I buy a copy at some other store(say Staples) while FutureShop sorts things out and later return the FutureShop unopened copy to Staples, would that be problematic?

Nope. This might be an issue with consoles, but they don't keep track of serial numbers (if they even exist) for software. Just make sure you keep the receipt!

[quote name='ThrillSteak']So FutureShop messed up my order and I did not receive my nhl 12 pre-order.
If I buy a copy at some other store(say Staples) while FutureShop sorts things out and later return the FutureShop unopened copy to Staples, would that be problematic?[/QUOTE]

Why not just buy a second copy from Futureshop and then return the copy that arrives in the mail? No need to mix retailers ... unless there is no Futureshop in your area.

Shouldn't be a problem, as long as it's the same edition. As far as I know, there's only a regular edition for NHL 12, so you should be fine.

Yeah, I work at Staples and have done this before. It's no problem. I was worried I might end up with the steelbook edition in the mail so that's why I didn't do the same thing. Alas, it would have worked out.

I even did it with a game that only had english cover (even though it's illegal) they took it back but were wondering how I got my english only copy

bread's done
Back