Upcoming EA Store Sales -February and March -Feb 18th Sims 2 40% off

coleipoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I'll keep this updated as we go along, but the EA Store is starting to do some weekend specials ala steam with their downloadable game library.

Here is what the reminder of February and entire month of March looks like:

• [FONT=&quot]Friday February 18 – Sunday February 20[FONT=&quot]
    The Sims 2 Weekend, 40% off All The Sims 2 titles: The Sims™ 2 Seasons, The Sims™ 2 Glamour Life Stuff, The Sims™ 2 Apartment Life, The Sims™ 2 Bon Voyage, The Sims™ 2 FreeTime, The Sims™ 2 Double Deluxe, The Sims™ 2 Fun with Pets Collection, The Sims™ 2 University Life Collection, The Sims™ 2 Best of Business Collection (PCDD only)[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Friday February 25 – Sunday February 27[FONT=&quot]
    Spore Weekend, 50% off SPORE, SPORE Creepy & Cute Parts Pack, SPORE Galactic Adventures SPORE Creature Creator (PCDD only)[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Friday March 4 – Sunday March 6[FONT=&quot]
    Racing Weekend, 40% off Need for Speed™ Undercover, Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box, Need for Speed SHIFT, Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed Carbon Collector's Edition, Need for Speed ProStreet, Need for Speed ProStreet Collector's Edition Upgrade (PCDD only)[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Friday March 11 – Sunday March 13[FONT=&quot]
    Battlefield Weekend, 40% off Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 Deluxe, Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam, Battlefield 2: Complete Collection, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PCDD only)[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Friday March 18 – Sunday March 20[FONT=&quot]
    Crysis Weekend, 50% off Crysis and Crysis Warhead (PCDD only)[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Friday March 25 – Sunday March 27[FONT=&quot]
    The Sims 3 Weekend, 33% off All The Sims 3 Titles: The Sims™ 3, The Sims™ 3 Ambitions, The Sims™ 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack, The Sims™ 3 High-End Loft Stuff, The Sims™ 3 Late Night Expansion Pack, The Sims™ 3 Outdoor Living Stuff, The Sims™ 3 Fast Lane Stuff (PCDD only)[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Are the digital downloads for these games forever or for a certain amount of time? Because I don't want to buy something from them and it eventually expires.

My understanding is you can re-download from EA for a year, but I'm not sure. Plus, just back it up somewhere. I find it pretty laughable that Sims 2 is getting 40% off. I'm waiting for Sims 3 to hit 75% off before I give it a shot.

The Sims 3 is actually on sale now. Applies to the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and PC/Mac. Some of the PC expansions are also on sale. I picked up the Xbox 360 version. It's not the best sale, and shipping is a stupid amount, but I had a $20 promo code so it ended up being $28.11 with tax. So it's pretty good if you have some coupons lying around.

EA store's PC downloads are glorified rentals. They're downloadable up to a year unless you buy their crappy download insurance. PASS.

[quote name='coleipoo']I'll keep this updated as we go along, but the EA Store is starting to do some weekend specials ala steam with their downloadable game library.

• [FONT=&quot]Friday March 11 – Sunday March 13[FONT=&quot]
    Battlefield Weekend, 40% off Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 Deluxe, Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam, Battlefield 2: Complete Collection, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PCDD only)[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
[/LIST][/QUOTE]

In for the complete collection, I don't think my lappy will play the other ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree these sales mostly seem like a bust. The items mentioned are games that do not sell that well or are old and everyone and there moms have it already. :)

The NFS HS is an amazing game but the online community is not super strong. I know many of my friends love this game but they play it only a few times a month since launch just like me... If i read correct they will be doing a burnout paradise free roam events? They mention it but the 3 packs they mentioned it with did not mention free roam events added to multiplayer. So i have no clue if they add that well this game will own and will be playing it very often like i did with BOP

[quote name='manlai']EA store's PC downloads are glorified rentals. They're downloadable up to a year unless you buy their crappy download insurance. PASS.[/QUOTE]
*sigh* - this is incorrect. I've bought several games from EA over the years via their download service. There is no insurance to buy, and I have reinstalled games multiple times beyond a year (such as Madden 08, which I still run a modded version of, or the first Mass Effect).

bread's done
Back