upconversion

pdiscool

CAGiversary!
So does the backward compatibility upconversion to 1080p takes away and smooth out all the jaggies for ps2 games?

There is no upconversion for PS1/PS2 games. Best you can get is progressive scan if the game supports that option.

Yeah, but essentially you can't get anything that doesn't already exist on the PS2. The PS3 doesn't make them look any better than they ordinarily would -- at least not yet.

Damn. I thought i seen a trailer on gametrailers.com comparing how it upconverted ps2 games after a firmware update. Not many ps2 games have progressive scan that sucks.

[quote name='pdiscool']Damn. I thought i seen a trailer on gametrailers.com comparing how it upconverted ps2 games after a firmware update. Not many ps2 games have progressive scan that sucks.[/quote]

Hmm well that could ahve been compairing the way the PS3 displayed games before and after the firmware update. There was some serious issues with jagged edges and what not prior to that.

there was a thread not too long ago about some guy running FF12 in 1080p supposedly on a devkit and with some "very buggy firmware." Hope that wasn't a joke and that really comes to fruition

bread's done
Back