upconverted 1080p looks AMAZING!!!

sparklecopy

CAGiversary!
just put in the Disney lion king dvd upconverted to 1080p on HDMI and am in awe of the flawless transfer. I'm curious as to how Blu-ray will top it. So far, half my DVD's look amazing upconverted and Half look like Complete and utter shite. Makes me also wonder about some of the HDTV broadcast as it looks almost the same as upconverted DVD's. I'm also curious as to how much money the studios are making on DVD's that are selling for 3.99 at bestbuy and circuit city. Yesterday I bought Matrix reloaded and revolutions and previously bought star wars 3 for 6.99 and the upconverted pictures are astounding. How much money are the studios making on each disc and why should I upgrade if star wars looks that good already? I know Pirates of the caribbean looks much better in bluray but that's cause they had a shitty DVD transfer. I wonder if that was on purpose?

Upscaled DVDs really do look nice. :) Give blu-ray a try though and it'll really blow you away.

Think of it in PC game terms.

Upscaled DVD is like playing a game at 640x480 res with 8x anti-alias.
Blu-ray is like playing at 1920x1080. :)

To me however, higher res makes more noticeable difference in games than movies, unless they're CG movies.

Does the xbox360 do the same thing or no. Hmm i have to go see now. I always played dvds on my 360 not my ps3

Update
They look the same. I have an xbox elite with hdmi and ps3 with hdmi and while playing a DVD it looks the same.

bread's done
Back