Update 12/15/20 over $60 in free cryptos and free stock. extra cash back on Credit Card Purchases IN STORE + Earn free Gift cards

[quote name='blazethecat']this just started happening to me today, but it's a huge wrench in the TV strategy: after about 6 or 7 reloads on a specific video page, it ends up being redirected back to the swagbucks tv home page, where it displays all the videos you can watch. that page doesn't count as watching a video, so the meter will stop at like 70% if i try to have it refresh enough times to fill it. does this happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

It did the same thing to me. I had a video on auto-refresh, and when I checked on it about an hour later it was at the video homepage.

been getting captchas every time, so i've basically been living life on a ten minute timer for the past few days. really gets to you after a while. now it looks like i'd have to cut that down to a six or seven minute timer.

I've been getting the "6-7 reloads then home screen" thing too...currently randomizing the reload times to see if that helps any. It worked fine last night but now...dammit, didn't even get one gift card. :mad:

EDIT: Nope, that doesn't work either. What the eff, hope my account doesn't get banned.

Just to be clear, I'm actually watching these videos and completely internalizing the messages of all corporate sponsors and otherwise profitable entities involved. I just enjoy repetition, and am manually clicking refresh myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Phrozenspite']bump[/QUOTE]

did they fix the auto reload on SBTV? After 90% my pc's are rerouted the the mainpage of swagbucks tv and not the video... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

bump... I cannot say for sure, as I mentioned in my last post I got all 150 of my SBTV points today. I willl update you tomorrow.
ok just as an update it is doing that.... ummm perhaps someone can come up with greasemonkey code?

So maybe a greasemonkey script that will just go to a specific url after x amount of seconds, rather than refreshing the 'current' page?

at work for another 5 hours... I will look for a solution tonight... I have a few possible ideas. Umm... ok so i'm having one of my friends write an extension/greasemonkey code.... but hes not familiar with the coding environment too well.

I've observed that the video URL doesn't change, like it doesn't have any custom portions to it... so what we need is an extension where you can specify time, but instead of autorefresh what it needs to do is allow you copy/paste a video URL for it to input/load every ____
if anyone can make that please do.

bump again... anyone that can write extensions/grease monkey code I think I might have a solution
I've observed that the video URL doesn't change, like it doesn't have any custom portions to it... so what we need is an extension where you can specify time, but instead of autorefresh what it needs to do is allow you copy/paste a video URL for it to input/load every ____

Also... I understand it's dissapointing that they caught on after the huge gains we were getting but... i don't think you should stop using SB because of it... consider it this way, SBTV Mobile app, 50 SB a day, NOSO,toolbar, daily poll for another 4 a day... on lets say a 30 day month thats still 1620 points which is enough for $15 in Amazon GC a month with no effort.

[quote name='Phrozenspite']bump again... anyone that can write extensions/grease monkey code I think I might have a solution

Also... I understand it's dissapointing that they caught on after the huge gains we were getting but... i don't think you should stop using SB because of it... consider it this way, SBTV Mobile app, 50 SB a day, NOSO,toolbar, daily poll for another 4 a day... on lets say a 30 day month thats still 1620 points which is enough for $15 in Amazon GC a month with no effort.[/QUOTE]
Speaking of the Mobile App, do you bluestacks instead of an Android phone to run the app? I never can get bluestacks to work with the app to get Swagbucks.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Speaking of the Mobile App, do you bluestacks instead of an Android phone to run the app? I never can get bluestacks to work with the app to get Swagbucks.[/QUOTE]

Negative, I just leave my phone on running the app while at work or while sleeping

Just want to add my two cents that I'm also seeing the "see a video 7 - 10 times and get redirected back to the home video page" thing. Choosing another video seems to get me another 7 - 10 views, but picking the same one I just came from takes me straight back to the main video page. I can confirm that it's not a browser or IP based thing, as I was in another state this week when it started happening and now that I'm back at my home IP, it's still doing it. I've also tried it in the most up-to-date Chrome as well as Firefox and it happens in both.

bump

yeah that was my point, refreshing won't be enough... we need an extension that will force enter the URL over and over again, that way if it redirects you while refresh is on in that tab it will just be directed back to the video

OK, so I took a stab at writing an extension but couldn't wrap my brain around it. I wrote a set of frames where one loads a random URL every minute in the other frame and every URL I used for swagbucks took me back to the video menu, even though when I paste that URL directly in my address bar, it brings up the video. Either it's detecting my frames and ignoring the link (which case something at the extension level might work) or there's some other techno-wizardry afoot at SB. Either way, I'm done with the site until they fix or remove this crap. =/

I tried just using setTimeout("location.href = 'url of a video';",3600); to test it. It keeps track of how many times you visit the video and then it just redirects you back to the main video page.

can anyone recommend me a site that similar to Swagbuck ( watching video -> refresh)

i'm not a big fan of doing survey :(

[quote name='helixfc3s']I tried just using setTimeout("location.href = 'url of a video';",3600); to test it. It keeps track of how many times you visit the video and then it just redirects you back to the main video page.[/QUOTE]

alright cool.. umm what i've been doing is manually going back to the page after it boots me, and then it'll give me another 7 refreshes or whatever it is. Do you think my idea about force loading the url over and over again would work?

No, force loading the url doesn't work, I tried it. The only solution would be to have something that refreshes five times, then goes to a different video, then refreshes four more times.

Free money isn't worth having to live on a five minute timer. It was just barely worth it when it meant being on a ten minute timer (cause I never don't get captchas). I bet sbtv viewership is less than a third of what it was a week ago.

[quote name='blazethecat']No, force loading the url doesn't work, I tried it. The only solution would be to have something that refreshes five times, then goes to a different video, then refreshes four more times.

Free money isn't worth having to live on a five minute timer. It was just barely worth it when it meant being on a ten minute timer (cause I never don't get captchas). I bet sbtv viewership is less than a third of what it was a week ago.[/QUOTE]
ahhh damn.. yea i was hoping it would because like i was saying for whatever reason refreshing it would boot me out, but then if i went back thru the menu and clicked on the same video it would have the same URL and do it for another cycle.

yeah, but the problem with that is that it knows you've viewed that video 7 times or whatever and then it just kicks you back to the menu after 1 view at most. I was trying to have it load a random video from a choice of 10 (ultimately from a list of all of them if I got it to work) and the links just kick you back to the menu every time.

So, they do eventually give you the gift cards, right? I mean, I cashed in points for amazon cards like a week and a half ago now, which is a preposterously long time to wait for something that is fully digital and has no physical manifestation that could possibly need transporting. What is this, 1835? "Oh, sorry, the cards would have gotten to you by now if our delivery horseman hadn't gotten killed in the spanish american war..."

[quote name='blazethecat']So, they do eventually give you the gift cards, right? I mean, I cashed in points for amazon cards like a week and a half ago now, which is a preposterously long time to wait for something that is fully digital and has no physical manifestation that could possibly need transporting. What is this, 1835? "Oh, sorry, the cards would have gotten to you by now if our delivery horseman hadn't gotten killed in the spanish american war..."[/QUOTE]

The long wait probably has nothing to with producing the codes, but as a loss prevention tactic. If they give it out right away, it would attract a whole lot of fake accounts I bet. The extra time gives them a chance to get a background check and see if the account/point obtainment is legit.

Just joined swag bucks today and love it, used to use prizerebel was good but tired of surveys since to me i lose attention easily this deserves major bumpage since this dudes strategy is epic thank you so much

heres my referral link you know just throwing it out there lol
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/iid970

but thanks for the strategy

Those. Bastards. Deactivated me. Like three fucking weeks of putting up with increasingly difficult shit, waiting like two weeks for my fucking amazon cards, and the second i get the email, hey your cards are available, i'm deactivated.

[quote name='blazethecat']Those. Bastards. Deactivated me. Like three fucking weeks of putting up with increasingly difficult shit, waiting like two weeks for my fucking amazon cards, and the second i get the email, hey your cards are available, i'm deactivated.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what happened to my first account. Had 4 GCs requested. Went in my email one morning and had 1 email saying a GC was available and then another email saying my account was closed.

That is why I hate swagbucks right now. SBTV is the only real way to get SB without having to put a lot of work into it. 2 years ago, I hated the site due to it took forever. They need to stop being jerks and just let it go.

bread's done
Back