[UPDATE 8/8] Nice Price Drops on PS2/Xbox games at Gamestop.com

I ordered Pool Paradise (thanks OP) and used the free shipping coupon (thanks to that poster as well).
I noticed that they didn't charge me tax on my order. My total was $9.99, with 0 for tax and 0 for shipping.
Do they only charge tax on orders over $10?
I got in on the Dave Mirra 2 deal last week and got charged tax on a $2.99 game, although that was ebgames.
Anyone else not get charged for tax on their orders?

[quote name='jbroush99']I ordered Pool Paradise (thanks OP) and used the free shipping coupon (thanks to that poster as well).
I noticed that they didn't charge me tax on my order. My total was $9.99, with 0 for tax and 0 for shipping.
Do they only charge tax on orders over $10?
I got in on the Dave Mirra 2 deal last week and got charged tax on a $2.99 game, although that was ebgames.
Anyone else not get charged for tax on their orders?[/quote]

I ordered Psi-Ops/MKDA bundle from them and didn't get charged tax. I did on the shipping, since I didn't know about FREESHIPALL.

Forget the tax thing, I didn't read the bottom of my order:
"Sales tax is applied only to orders that are shipped to New York and Texas"

i read that some ppl were having problems with the shipping code....it didnt work at first for me because the shipping choice was on the 9.99 fastest shipping method automatically....i had to go back and change it to the 1.99 shipping method...then it worked

i thought DE: IW was pretty damn fun, although it is the only Deus Ex that I have played. Someday I'll go back and actually finish it.

I seem to be having a problem with ordering from gamestop.com. I'm sorry if this problem has been posted before, but I could not find it using the search feature.

My problem is that, everytime I click to add anything to my cart (Banjo-Kazooie, Doom 3, Nokia N-Gage, anything) it takes me back to the home site of gamestop.com. Is this a common problem? Is it due to a poor server (as I have heard that gamestop.com has )? Or is it something wrong with my web browser?

Thanks for any help.

[quote name='shrike4242']I went back and forth on Dead Man's Hand and decided to pass on it. Anyone picked this one up and think it's worth the $15?[/quote]

i remember big nick recommending a while back when bb first dropped it down to $19.99...thats when i picked up...still havent had a chance to play it though...

For $10, I can't figure out why I shouldn't buy the Xbox music maker. If anything, it's worth it for the ripping software, as well as to have another Xbox game. :)

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='shrike4242']I went back and forth on Dead Man's Hand and decided to pass on it. Anyone picked this one up and think it's worth the $15?[/quote]

i remember big nick recommending a while back when bb first dropped it down to $19.99...thats when i picked up...still havent had a chance to play it though...[/quote]

trustcompany, if you do play it, let me know, since I've seen some good and bad reviews on it, and I know you're one to speak the truth on what's crap and what isn't. :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='shrike4242']I went back and forth on Dead Man's Hand and decided to pass on it. Anyone picked this one up and think it's worth the $15?[/quote]

i remember big nick recommending a while back when bb first dropped it down to $19.99...thats when i picked up...still havent had a chance to play it though...[/quote]

trustcompany, if you do play it, let me know, since I've seen some good and bad reviews on it, and I know you're one to speak the truth on what's crap and what isn't. :lol:[/quote]

:twisted:

[quote name='expane']DXIW was ok I guess, the first one was just soooo much more fun, even the PS2 port I found more entertaining than IW. The levels are just too small and except for 1-2 types of enemies the game is just too easy. Even on hard the only thing difficult is finding enough "universal" ammo. in fact the lack of ammo actually kills the "freedom" part of the game since you are not really free to do anything b/c if you decide to run around killing everyone you will run out of ammo quickly (even if you collect all their ammo drops).
Basically the game dares you not to be stealthy, and when you are not stealthy you get no reward for being a bad ass, just low ammo and low energy.

The quest rewards are also pointless. You do these time consuming side quests and your rewards are....cash and maybe a candy bar. The game should have had far more unique items/weapons as rewards. Finishing a 30 min quest only to get a health pack and 300 credits is a major major let down.

Morrowind for example is much better at the quest reward, you get cool unique items for quests. In DXIW there are only a handful of cool weapons and most of them can be found laying on the floor behind some crate.[/quote]

I agree that IW should've had the experience point reward systems that the first Deus had. I didn't find ammo a problem, but I imagine I switched up weapons more than you. You pick up the plasma sword thing pretty early -- which you didn't get until deep into Deus 1. I also picked weapons that would kill in one shot, like scoping and silencing the pistol.

I personally dislike Morrowind. It's far too nonlinear, and you're far too weak at the beginning. RPGs (single-player, anyway) need a story to tie things together, which Morrowind didn't possess. Also, getting from place to place took too long, and all the text you had to wade through was lame. Just my opinion.

Man what the fuck is this shit!? Just now I was ordering a Future Tactics, put it in my cart and had it all set at $4.99. After I put in my credit card info and clicked purchase it went back to the cart screen and said my cart is empty. THEN I went to try again, and its listed at $4.99 and goes in my cart at $9.99!! fucking Gamestop!

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='shrike4242']I went back and forth on Dead Man's Hand and decided to pass on it. Anyone picked this one up and think it's worth the $15?[/quote]

trustcompany, if you do play it, let me know, since I've seen some good and bad reviews on it, and I know you're one to speak the truth on what's crap and what isn't. :lol:[/quote]

lol

PARTYS OVER

a lot of the game just doubled in price

went into get both megamen for 10 each now 15 each

Pool is now 20 to hell with that i go someplace else lol o well

Yea just bitched to their customer service. I'm bout to drop them a email too. I don't expect them to do anything but they should at least know they're fuckers.

Those asshats still had Dead Man's Hand for $14.99 when I looked at it this morning, and now it's back to normal price.

WTF is with that?

I called their CS and asked them about it, when the person who answered the phone said they were going to check with their supervisor, I was hung up on. :evil:

Let's see what the second call to CS does..... bet it does nothing?

Here's another kicker.

When I ordered Serious Sam: The Next Encounter for the GC, it showed as backordered. I'm OK with that, it'll show up when it shows up. The rest of the items were listed as "Will ship in 24 to 48 hours".

When I check the order today, all the items are now showing as processing. When I click on the URL in the order listing for Serious Sam, it comes up as a Bad URL. When I do a search for Serious Sam, the GC version of Next Encounter isn't listed when I do a search for "Serious Sam".

I'd love to hear what their answer to this question will be. :evil:

When I spoke with CS (whose supervisors disappear at 6PM EST), the person told me the only way it would've changed is if it was a "pricing mistake", when I was asking them about Dead Man's Hand magically jumping back to $19.99. Anyone want to believe that pile of crap?

About the "phantom" version of Serious Sam: NE for the GC, it looks like they may never get it back in. This person said my copy appears to have been shipped, though due to the SKU seeming not to come up on their site, they may not be carrying it again.

Glad I jumped on it when I did, and in any case, I can always pick up Dead Man's Hand at BB with either the XBox Live coupon or the GCC.

I've had pretty good experience with their CS. But I do have to admit their website, and order system sucks the big one. It seems like the reps know it's shitty and they have to do adjustments all the time.

Didn't seem like anybody mentioned it, but Gamestop had Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox) for $20 also. I picked it up last week. Don't know if the offer is still good, but it was down to twenty bucks on www.gamestop.com too.

yeah...i didnt create an account with the games that i ordered, and i didnt write down the order # when i ordered them because i figured id be getting an email....didn't get an email and cant check my account because i dont have one....so i cant check my order status because i dont have an order # lol....bastards

Apparently Gamestop does their price changes at 11AM.

I suggested to them that if a product is no longer going to be carried, a webpage that says "The item you're looking for is no longer to be carried at Gamestop.com, you may want to try a Gamestop B&M store" would be much better than "Bad URL". The first message tells you it's no longer there, the second message just tells you the paged f'd up.

From what she told me about Serious Sam: NE, it looks like it's not being carried anymore online new for the GC. Be glad if you picked it up.

I spoke with one of their supervisors in CS and she didn't know why the prices dropped as they did, since timed price changes upwards only happen when it's a "Stopwatch Sale", which this wasn't. So, she's a little curious to know why the prices changed like they did.

Also, she said she should be able to do a price fix on Dead Man's Hand if I place the order for it, and fix the price to $14.99, like it should've been when I tried to order yesterday. Which would be emailing her my order information and having her adjust the charge when they actually bill my credit card. Whether it happens or not depends on me ordering it.

[quote name='fwacce'][quote name='mmn']

I think Deus Ex is just a bad game period.[/quote]

You're one of the very few that actually think that.[/quote]

I picked up it as a rental, and though not bad, it was surprisingly unpolished. The graphics and sound was disappointing... perhaps that's just me. I was a big fan of cyberpunk and shadowrun role playing games when I was younger, and I though Deus Ex was going to fill that need within... the last game that did was Shadow Run for the Sega Genesis.... anyone remember that game?

I was just now able to buy Pool Paradise for game cube for $9.99 from gamestop on ebay! You pay at their store link, so you can still use the Freeshipall coupon. There are others there as well

How about posting that link?

Just had my games show up from Gamestop from the Wednesday sale. All six of the them that I ordered, including Serious Sam: NE.

Got my Pool Paradise that was 9.99 in the mail yesterday. Good game, definetly worth 10 bucks. There was a couple hour learning curve for me, but after that I would say it's definetly the best pool sim I've played since Virtual Pool 2/3 back in like 96. Lots of items to buy and customize your game with, looks like there's a lot of things to do to keep you interested for a while, too.

bread's done
Back