UPDATE 9/8/09: PLAYSTATION VISA Promo - Back to $100 credit instead of $300

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
As of 9/8 - ONLY $100 CREDIT... NO MORE $200 EXTRA CREDIT..

A NEW PLAYSTATION VISA PROMO - UPDATED 8/28/09

YOU DO HAVE TO MAKE THE 1ST PURCHASE OF $ 299 OR MORE FROM SONYSTLE.COM "ONLY" THIS TIME.

3 x $ 100 Statement Credit within 6 months.

1st - $ 100 instantly
2nd - $ 100 after charging $ 1500 to the card within 3 months of card opening
3rd - $ 100 after charging another $ 1500 to the card within 6 months of card opening
Total = $ 300 off after charging $ 3299 = 9% cash back + Reward Points. The best offer from a credit card at the moment or ever.

THIS IS A REGULAR VISA CREDIT CARD with Playstation brand on it. So if you already use your current CC for everyday purchases; such as Gas, Groceries, Phone, Cable etc. Just use this Playstation card until it hits $3000 + $400 for the PS3 within 6 months, collect the $300 off. Don't forget to pay it in full (at the very least by the end of 12 months since it's interest free for 12 months.) THEN YOU CAN KEEP USING THIS CARD TO COLLECT SONY POINTS OR GO BACK TO YOUR OLD CC.

THIS PROMO WORKS BEST FOR "RESPONSIBLE" PEOPLE WHO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CREDIT CARD COMPANY (GETTING PAID FOR BORROWING INTEREST FREE MONEY FOR AT LEAST 30 DAYS EVERY MONTH) AND USE THE CC FOR EVERYDAY PURCHASES TO MAXIMIZE THE BENEFIT.

PS3 = $ 299.99 - $ 300 - Reward Point Statement Credit = FREE + $$$.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Events/PlaystationCreditCard/index.html

Get up to $300 back with the PlayStation® Card

SPECIAL OFFER: Apply now for the PlayStation® Card, get instantly approved and get $100 card credit when you purchase a PlayStation®3 system with your new PlayStation® Card.1

BONUS OFFER: Use your PlayStation® Card on your everyday purchases, spend an additional $3,000 or more and qualify for an extra $200 card credits.1
Every time you use the PlayStation® Card - whether it's on digital goods and subscriptions at PlayStation®3 Home, or on everyday purchases like groceries, gasoline or dining - you'll earn valuable Sony Rewards Points redeemable towards the latest Sony products such as: PlayStation® games, Blu-ray Disc™ movies, Sony electronics and much more!2

Terms and Conditions
1. Your first single sales receipt of any products or services purchase(s) made at SonyStyle.com only, equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") within the first 45 days your account is open will automatically qualify you for the first $100 Statement Credit. The first $100 card credit will be applied to your PlayStation® Card account 8-12 weeks after your Special or Qualifying Purchase (Qualifying Purchase does not include balance transfer or balance transfer checks) account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. You will qualify for a second $100 card credit when you charge to your PlayStation® Card account an additional $1,500 within the first 3 months of account open date. You will qualify for a third $100 card credit when you charge to your PlayStation® Card account an additional $1,500 by your 6 month anniversary. Limit of three (3) $100 card credits to each new PlayStation® Card account, after each qualifying spend limit is met within the specified timeframes described above. This offer may not be combined with any other Sony Card or PlayStation® Card offer. In some instances an application may require additional processing, in which case Instant Credit will be unavailable. When you are approved for the PlayStation® Card, you will receive your account and CVV2 number and expiration date on-screen. Please make sure to make note of your account and CVV2 number and expiration date as this information will not be available until you receive your card in the mail. If you are approved, you will be able to make a one-time purchase at SonyRewards.com only, with up to a maximum line of credit of $5,000. Additional purchases with this account cannot be made until your card is received in the mail. This promotional offer is available for new PlayStation® Card account holders only; existing PlayStation® Card account holders or accounts are not eligible. Accounts subject to credit approval. Restrictions and limitations apply. PlayStation® Card credit cards are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A. See Pricing and rewards for details.
2. You will earn 5 points for each $1 of net purchases made with your Sony Card at Sony Style stores and www.sonystyle.com. You will earn 1 point for each $1 of all other net purchases made with your Sony Card. Purchases of Sony products made at any authorized Sony retailer that earn 1 point for each $1 spent (excluding www.sony.com/playstationcard) are eligible for an additional 2 points from Sony Electronics, Inc. Please visit www.sony.com/playstationcard for more details. Sony Electronics, Inc. is wholly responsible for fulfillment of 2 bonus points. You do not earn points on balance transfers, cash advances, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, travelers checks, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established.

Last edited by a moderator:
all this talk about credit card debt and other stuff remind me of those commercial about fructose where a person goes in and say (pretty much to the extent) dude, sugar is bad for you, and the other guy comes back and say, yeah right, moderate amount is actually good...same with the credit card-it is not just a financial marketing scheme out to make you in debt for the rest of your life, it's just we typically spend too much, kinda like taking too much sugar and then started slapping the big ol'e evil sticker indiscriminately

[quote name='jererjerer']all this talk about credit card debt and other stuff remind me of those commercial about fructose where a person goes in and say (pretty much to the extent) dude, sugar is bad for you, and the other guy comes back and say, yeah right, moderate amount is actually good...same with the credit card-it is not just a financial marketing scheme out to make you in debt for the rest of your life, it's just we typically spend too much, kinda like taking too much sugar and then started slapping the big ol'e evil sticker indiscriminately[/quote]

Exactly, this is a good deal for those who have the cash. A PS3 at 28% interest will be hard to swallow with a couple of years interest on it.

I didn't get instant approval on 2/27 for a PlayStation card despite having a FICO score over 750. After over two weeks, I called SonyStyle (877-865-7669) today and was transferred to their Card Application Center (866-422-6566) where all callers get a recording that telephone applications are no longer being accepted and you get disconnected. Nice. Call SonyStyle again, wait on hold forever, new CSR tries to transfer me to the same number again but I stopped him. After another wait, the CSR came back with a different number for Chase Applications (877-717-7669) and the status of my application after two weeks is "pending for up to two weeks". I asked if there was anyone I could call so I can provide whatever information they need to make a decision, and I was told no - no one I can call, no additional information I can provide. Just have to continue to wait.
I am just thrilled with Sony right now. It's great to have a promotion riddled with misinformation, poor customer service, changing terms and random fulfillment.
For those that succeeded in getting the card and a PS3 through Dell with the discount - congrats.

Can someone confirm that they purchased a PS3 at Dell and still received the $100 credit with the Sony Playstation CC? Thanks!

I got advice to call Chase's Fraud Department at 877-470-9042 which solved the problem. Unlike everyone else at SonyStyle and Chase I talked to, this CSR was completely on the ball and got me right to someone who could explain the issue. No confusion, long hold times or bogus answers. Not surprizingly, the Fraud Dept seems to be where they put their best CSR's.
Turns out I already have several Chase cards and they needed to contact me to see which of them I wanted to either close or reduce the credit limit on. I asked them to reduce the credit line on a card that's been inactive for a year from $19,000 to $10,000 and then apply a $9000 credit line on the new PlayStation card.
Done - she said I should have my new PlayStation card in 5-7 days. Why was THAT so hard?!

spent $3500 first purchase, not at Sony store, got 3x $100 credits, plus $35 dollars at sony rewards. Nice.
Thanks all

The rumor of $ 100 PS3 price drop is stronger now with a date of 3/22 (Check N4g.com). Is this mean a free PS3 or even money making if the 20% Dell is still going on until the 3/26 date with this card?

Dang, I didn't get approved for the card. I opened two Chase Visa cards in December, one of them being a Sony Card, and they said I couldn't because I recently accepted similar promotions from them. This would have been the best promotion, by far :whistle2:(

Just to update my experience so far. I just got my 3rd $100 credit on my account after spending the required amount. My first purchase with the card was a $300 PS3 from CC liquidation in February. I have submitted that purchase for the bonus reward points through sonyrewards.com as well, but they are pending.

So far this has been a great deal. Can't beat 10% cashback on a CC. Thanks again OP!

RaveChild,
What if you close that Sony Card 1st then apply for this card? But this will make a bigger drop in your credit history, but again if you're not planning to make a big purchase like car and house, the temporary drop might not affect you at all.

Glock2,
Your welcome, glad to help fellow CAG. It's good to own all consoles (CHEAP) right, I don't care about exclusive anymore since I can play them all. :) Except the Wii. hahah. I still regret it sometime even though I bought it using BBV "super cheap / almost free" credit. Oh well, my son probably will enjoy it once he's old enough to play.

[quote name='gi60']The rumor of $ 100 PS3 price drop is stronger now with a date of 3/22 (Check N4g.com). Is this mean a free PS3 or even money making if the 20% Dell is still going on until the 3/26 date with this card?[/quote]

I now wish I waited, just ordered the system..... instead of paying $25 it would be -$50 with the $100 pride drop.

[quote name='gi60']RaveChild,
What if you close that Sony Card 1st then apply for this card? But this will make a bigger drop in your credit history, but again if you're not planning to make a big purchase like car and house, the temporary drop might not affect you at all.[/quote]

Well, I'm not too worried about it. I'm not sure if that'd work, since I'm only 22 and probably don't have the greatest credit yet, given my very short history. I'll just wait until Black Friday for my PS3. Or my tax refund if it's as big as I think it should be.

[quote name='parkerpic']I now wish I waited, just ordered the system..... instead of paying $25 it would be -$50 with the $100 pride drop.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you can ask for price adjustment through VISA 30 days purchase price guaranteed. or you can always return to Dell and repurchase, but you might need to pay for Dell return shipping.

[quote name='gi60']I'm pretty sure you can ask for price adjustment through VISA 30 days purchase price guaranteed. or you can always return to Dell and repurchase, but you might need to pay for Dell return shipping.[/quote]

I didn't know that Visa did that.. but I wouldn't think they would price match with a dell coupon?

It looks like Dell reserves the right to charge a 15% restock fee and you would have to pay for shipping back too.

Being the eternal cheap ass I've ran the numbers and it probably wouldn't be worth the savings amount after all of those fees, I will just have to learn to breathe and say $25 is still a awesome deal!

and this rumor is yet to be confirmed....

If the rumor turns out to be true and this incentive is still around I might have to finally pick up a Sony platform. I dunno if my expenses would add up to $1500 over 3 months though since I don't have a car to drive anywhere, all I eat is pasta and rice, my school is paid for and I'll be living with my parents for the summer.

I don't suppose I could convince them to put their expenses on my credit card. ha. Maybe I'll just buy one from dell if the price drops and they have a 20% off coupon. I think I could handle a PS3 for $240.

I'll just ask my dad to start buying a lot of things with the credit card, and see how it works from there.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems like such a hassle, and there are already deals to get the PS3 for $319, if not better. I don't want to wait 6 months to get a PS3 either.

[quote name='gi60']The rumor of $ 100 PS3 price drop is stronger now with a date of 3/22 (Check N4g.com). [/quote]

So I go to N4G.com (News For Gamers) and right away Spybot finds a bogus process and Symantec Anti-Virus halts both "Downloader" and "Bloodhound.Exploit.196" and my IE7 browser hangs until manually terminated. McAfee Site Advisor rates the site as "no major problems" but user feedback there includes excessive pop-ups, spyware, browser exploits and third-party cookies (from Doubleclick).

Folks might want to check their security BEFORE you check N4G.com for PS3 rumors.

Is there any type of cancellation fee or negative drawback (i.e. bad credit score) to close the card immediately after you receive all the rewards and pay it off in full?

[quote name='antlp89']Is there any type of cancellation fee or negative drawback (i.e. bad credit score) to close the card immediately after you receive all the rewards and pay it off in full?[/quote]

not really other than it being listed on your credit report. If a company were to examine it they would see that you decided to open a line of credit in order to take advantage of a promotion which doesnt exactly look good to creditors. And believe me they do track this stuff.

You'd be better off simply keeping the line of credit open for awhile and at the very least using it sparingly, say for getting gas twice a month or something. After a year or so then kill it. If you're young and building a credit history then you should keep the card regardless. The more credit you have the better as long as you handle it responsibly.

[quote name='qwerty1']not really other than it being listed on your credit report. If a company were to examine it they would see that you decided to open a line of credit in order to take advantage of a promotion which doesnt exactly look good to creditors. And believe me they do track this stuff.

You'd be better off simply keeping the line of credit open for awhile and at the very least using it sparingly, say for getting gas twice a month or something. After a year or so then kill it. If you're young and building a credit history then you should keep the card regardless. The more credit you have the better as long as you handle it responsibly.[/quote]

Gotcha. Thanks for the advice.

Has anyone used this card for inital purchase of 299 or higher but didn't buy a ps3?
It looks like a couple of people have in previous pages, I purchased the PS3 at dell and the credit posted ~3 days after the charge hit the account.

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']Thanks parkerpic I can get 300 of my upcoming wedding I will charge and pay by end of month[/quote]

Shouldn't your story to the wife be: if I charge the wedding Sony will send along a free PS3? \\:D/

Be sure to triple check the Terms and Conditions because there were dates by which you had to complete the first transaction.

I didn't get an error message but I had the card for about a week or so before I created the online account. Do you have the card yet? and how long has it been since you get the card?

[quote name='parkerpic']Shouldn't your story to the wife be: if I charge the wedding Sony will send along a free PS3? \\:D/

Be sure to triple check the Terms and Conditions because there were dates by which you had to complete the first transaction.[/quote]

lol thanks

Hey I'm just making sure that this deal works outside of sonysyle the email I got from Sony was for $200 off Any purchase of $349 or more not the 3 x $100 deals like everyone else I just want to make sure that I can use this outside of Sony style I have been growing Sony sgle for 2 days now about a total of 7 hours trying to find. Something work my $349 I own a ps3 but wouldn't mind picking up one if I was positive this works with dell I would give the second one as a gift but back to the topic will this work I read that this was specifaclly for sonystyle (i just want to make sure)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']Hey I'm just making sure that this deal works outside of sonysyle the email I got from Sony was for $200 off Any purchase of $349 or more not the 3 x $100 deals like everyone else I just want to make sure that I can use this outside of Sony style I have been growing Sony sgle for 2 days now about a total of 7 hours trying to find. Something work my $349 I own a ps3 but wouldn't mind picking up one if I was positive this works with dell I would give the second one as a gift but back to the topic will this work I read that this was specifaclly for sonystyle (i just want to make sure)[/quote]

Did you sign up for the Sony Card rather than the PlayStation Card? That's what I did, and I got the $200 off $349 offer. I made my 80GB PS3 purchase at Dell with a 20% off coupon (threw in a $20 remote to meet the required $349 minimum) and got my $200 back after a two-week wait.

[quote name='rapsodist']Did you sign up for the Sony Card rather than the PlayStation Card? That's what I did, and I got the $200 off $349 offer. I made my 80GB PS3 purchase at Dell with a 20% off coupon (threw in a $20 remote to meet the required $349 minimum) and got my $200 back after a two-week wait.[/quote]

Yes I signed upp for the Sony Card and not the Playstation card. thanks for the info thats what I will do go with the dell deal I just really didn't want to miss out on the $200 it seemed as if they only wanted me to use it at sonystle.com or sony retail store

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']Yes I signed upp for the Sony Card and not the Playstation card. thanks for the info thats what I will do go with the dell deal I just really didn't want to miss out on the $200 it seemed as if they only wanted me to use it at sonystle.com or sony retail store[/quote]

It definitely appears that you must make your purchase from SonyStyle (the fine print is the same as the PlayStation card), but several CAGs in this thread bought PS3s from Dell or Amazon, or even non-Sony products, and got their credit back. I like this offer better even though it ultimately saves less than the PlayStation card; it's a done deal in one move, and I don't have to wait half a year to get all my money back (or a quarter-year to get $200 back).

Just know that I had to wait a lot longer (2 weeks) to get my credit back with the Sony card than others had to wait for the PlayStation card's initial $100 credit (~3 days).

[quote name='rapsodist']It definitely appears that you must make your purchase from SonyStyle (the fine print is the same as the PlayStation card), but several CAGs in this thread bought PS3s from Dell or Amazon, or even non-Sony products, and got their credit back. I like this offer better even though it ultimately saves less than the PlayStation card; it's a done deal in one move, and I don't have to wait half a year to get all my money back (or a quarter-year to get $200 back).

Just know that I had to wait a lot longer (2 weeks) to get my credit back with the Sony card than others had to wait for the PlayStation card's initial $100 credit (~3 days).[/quote]
This is my email:
Welcome to Sony Card, and congratulations!
You are now eligible to qualify for a $200 card credit on your new Sony Card! In order to receive your card credit, just be sure to make your qualifying purchase of $349 or more on your Sony Card* at Sony Style.** Act soon ? this is a limited time offer for valued Sony Card holders like you!To get the most from your Sony Card, be sure to visit sony.com/sonycard - the online home of Sony Card ? often. Here you'll enjoy fantastic opportunities to earn points, chances to win great Sony prizes, and access to fabulous deals on Sony products.
Thank you again for becoming a Sony Card member and enjoy the rewards of membership!
The Sony Card Team
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']This is my email:
You are now eligible to qualify for a $200 card credit on your new Sony Card! In order to receive your card credit, just be sure to make your qualifying purchase of $349 or more on your Sony Card* at Sony Style.** Act soon ? this is a limited time offer for valued Sony Card holders like you!To get the most from your Sony Card, be sure to visit sony.com/sonycard - the online home of Sony Card ? often. Here you'll enjoy fantastic opportunities to earn points, chances to win great Sony prizes, and access to fabulous deals on Sony products.
Thank you again for becoming a Sony Card member and enjoy the rewards of membership!
The Sony Card Team
[/quote]

I got the exact same message. Like I said, the fine print makes it appear that you must make your purchase from SonyStyle, but you really don't have to. I got my $200 credit just fine.

I will say this: whoever was the first to test the fine print was a brave soul.

[quote name='rapsodist']I got the exact same message. Like I said, the fine print makes it appear that you must make your purchase from SonyStyle, but you really don't have to. I got my $200 credit just fine.

I will say this: whoever was the first to test the fine print was a brave soul.[/quote]
I agree because I am terrfied but will do it either way its a good deal with dell but would be out $200

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']This is my email:
The Sony Card Team
[/quote]

looks like they changed it for new people anyway. It use to be a min purchase of $299 and $300 back in credits. Though if you get the $200 instantly off $350 as opposed to having to spend 1.5k to get the same $200, then its better for people looking to legitimately purchase items from the sony store.

apply again in a few months I got denied back in jan but get approved now strange and this makes my fourth chase account I had 1 then wamu switched to chase that made 3 now this Sony card makes 4

[quote name='qwerty1']looks like they changed it for new people anyway. It use to be a min purchase of $299 and $300 back in credits. Though if you get the $200 instantly off $350 as opposed to having to spend 1.5k to get the same $200, then its better for people looking to legitimately purchase items from the sony store.[/quote]

The e-mail posted by bmoregeniusinc regards the Sony card offer, not the PlayStation card.

[quote name='rapsodist']The e-mail posted by bmoregeniusinc regards the Sony card offer, not the PlayStation card.[/quote]

is there another deal on the playstarion card?

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']is there another deal on the playstarion card?[/quote]

It's all detailed in the OP of this very thread we're posting in. If anything, we're the outsiders here who used the $200 off $349 Sony Card offer--I post in here only because there is no separate thread for the Sony Card. The $200 off $349 offer is dead now anyway.

purchased something in a personal transaction [not related to ebay or an online store] for $1650 on the 25th through paypal and just got a $100 credit. Though i think i should of got 2 of my $100 credits.

Anyway, just wanted to report they still arent enforcing the terms per Sony.

bread's done
Back