[UPDATE] (Check OP for info.) XSEED Online Store Free Bonus Item w/purchase (YMMV)

Kotomine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE 3/13/2013
Thanks to everyone for making our XSEED Online Store promotion a huge success! Although the promotion to receive a small bonus item has technically ended, we still encourage anyone to write into the "Add special instructions to the seller" field when placing an order from our store, and who knows, a little surprise may be included within your shipment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have updated our online store with quite a few new goodies: XSEED Games Store

- Ragnarok Odyssey (Standard Edition) - $40
- Ragnarok Odyssey (Mercenary Edition) - $50
- Ragnarok Odyssey - Monster Cards - $5
- The Last Story (Standard Edition) - $30
- The Last Story (Limited Edition) - $40

Whether you're looking for a classic love story or just want to be a lean, mean, giant-fighting machine, we've got you covered from every angle.

But wait! There's more!

If you order within the next ten minutes(*), you can choose a bonus item to be included with your purchase! Just click "Add special instructions to the seller" during Paypal checkout and tell us which item you'd like, choosing from anything that's currently being sold on the store for $5, or an item from this list of not-for-sale past goodies:

- Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Musical Selections CD
- The Last Story Musical Selections CD
- Ragnarok Odyssey Musical Selections CD
- Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Guide

Boring legal stuff:
- Valid only to residents of the United States
- Supplies of each item limited, only while supplies last
- All normal rules of our online store, such as $20 minimum purchase requirement, still apply
- "prettiest mercenary" is a subjective term and we make no guarantees that a 'Floppy Cat' hat will win you
the Midgard beauty pageant
- "ten minutes" in cheap infomercial time corresponds to 2 weeks real time
- Do not taunt 'Happy Fun Ball'

I've received a response regarding multiple bonus items:

Hi [REDACTED],

It depends on the order, but if you order multiple things and request multiple items we can try to accommodate you (assuming that you are passing at least a $20 threshold for each bonus item you are requesting).

I hope this helps.
Ken @ XSEED Games

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jrr6415sun']did you get a tracking number? My paypal shipping notification said "no tracking" is that normal?[/QUOTE]

Mine says the same thing.

My The Last Story came today. The free CD was included. Great deal, it's like having the 1st run without buying it right away and without paying the initial $50 price. :)

[quote name='SEGAMew']
0VjKHqk.png
[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the visual, I don't usually add special instructions

Received the last story le w/ bonus cd today. They did an excellent job packaging. Both items came in perfect mint condition.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so for future reference, XSEED usually doesn't charge tax. what about shipping?[/QUOTE]

It's $20 SHIPPED, all prices include shipping. Which REALLY makes a difference, Mine came in a very nice bubble mailer, very well protected, in perfect shape.

[quote name='Blaster man']My The Last Story came today. The free CD was included. Great deal, it's like having the 1st run without buying it right away and without paying the initial $50 price. :)[/QUOTE]

Was the soundtrack CD shrinkwrapped to the game, similar to how the Amazon and Newegg copies were, or did you just choose it as the bonus extra and it was shipped loose?

[quote name='bossman']Received the last story le w/ bonus cd today. They did an excellent job packaging. Both items came in perfect mint condition.[/QUOTE]

did you request the soundtrack or did they just include it?

[quote name='winterlane']Was the soundtrack CD shrinkwrapped to the game, similar to how the Amazon and Newegg copies were, or did you just choose it as the bonus extra and it was shipped loose?[/QUOTE]

It was shipped loose. I opened my game and stuck the cd into it. I didn't bother opening the cd though. Just didnt want it laying around.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']did you request the soundtrack or did they just include it?[/QUOTE]

I requested the soundtrack in the special instructions on the PayPal checkout page.

Looking for another purch to nab that Y's 7 CD. We're not limited in that aspect right? Can I do another order and get another bonus item?

I'm kinda thinking of those PSP games but I'm leaning towards digital as I'd rather play on my Vita. How is that Fragile Dreams game? Anyone who played it?

[quote name='scol']Looking for another purch to nab that Y's 7 CD. We're not limited in that aspect right? Can I do another order and get another bonus item?[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell the only stipulation is that it's 1 bonus item per order (also while supplies last, naturally).

Just to be sure, I've emailed them regarding the matter and I will update in this thread when I've received a response.

[quote name='Kotomine']From what I can tell the only stipulation is that it's 1 bonus item per order (also while supplies last, naturally).

Just to be sure, I've emailed them regarding the matter and I will update in this thread when I've received a response.[/QUOTE]

I ordered 2 of the last story with artbook and I asked for the music cd and they included 2 cds.. so unless it was a mistake they will include more than 1 bonus per order

Ordered Ys 1&2 with instructions for Last Story CD. I guess they ran out of those. Got Ys Soundtrack instead. Meh.

[quote name='pigeon12']Ordered Ys 1&2 with instructions for Last Story CD. I guess they ran out of those. Got Ys Soundtrack instead. Meh.[/QUOTE]

I would be disappointed since I ordered The Last Story with CD, if mine came with a different one.

My order of The Last Story CE + Soundtrack came in today. Shipping was super fast, but I was a little disappointed in the packaging, as one of the corners of the game box was crushed. It's not awful, but it is very noticeable.

[quote name='NoRainNoRainbow']My order of The Last Story CE + Soundtrack came in today. Shipping was super fast, but I was a little disappointed in the packaging, as one of the corners of the game box was crushed. It's not awful, but it is very noticeable.[/QUOTE]

Me too except my package arrived pristine

[quote name='pigeon12']Ordered Ys 1&2 with instructions for Last Story CD. I guess they ran out of those. Got Ys Soundtrack instead. Meh.[/QUOTE]

Unless they didn't check the note and just assumed you'd want Ys since you ordered Ys LOL. Could happen I suppose, depending who's packaging and how many orders they've done. Did you contact em about it?

[quote name='Kimo_Savi']Is this promotion still going on? I have some money coming in soon.[/QUOTE]

Yep until March 6th, still plenty of time.
--------------------------------

I've received a response regarding multiple bonus items:

Hi [REDACTED],

It depends on the order, but if you order multiple things and request multiple items we can try to accommodate you (assuming that you are passing at least a $20 threshold for each bonus item you are requesting).

I hope this helps.
Ken @ XSEED Games

Got my order delivered yesterday, will all the items and bonus included.

Since I got just about all of the Ys Seven items from the Premium Edition set, it would've been cool if XSeed included the empty premium packaging to hold the extra contents and the regular game edition of Ys Seven. Apparently, this happened before when someone from a different gaming forum ordered the Trails in the Sky game and the soundtrack from the XSeed store and got the entire premium set for free, so I figured I'd be just as lucky. Either they're out of the stand-alone boxes or I didn't make it clear that I'd like to have the box included, but I'm not the lucky one here.

Oh well, at least I got the Last Story pre-order CD. Beggers can't be choosers.

Shoot, I didn't even know you could request the premium box as well. I ordered all the bonus items for two of the games, and it would have been nice to have the boxes.

[quote name='bruceg']Shoot, I didn't even know you could request the premium box as well. I ordered all the bonus items for two of the games, and it would have been nice to have the boxes.[/QUOTE]

Neither did I. In fact, I might consider this a YMMV kinda situation, since I'm not sure they do that regularly; the Traits in the Sky PE isn't as rare as the PE for Ys Seven, so they may just have extras for that version.

If anyone plans to get Ys Seven right this minute, try to request a premium edition box and let us know if that checks out.

Just an update. My copies of Last Story LE also arrived damaged. There was no packing material inside the priority mail box, so everything got dented. No bueno.

[quote name='rarebucky']Just an update. My copies of Last Story LE also arrived damaged. There was no packing material inside the priority mail box, so everything got dented. No bueno.[/QUOTE]

no packing material but no damage either

I still haven't received my order.. it's pretty annoying they won't pay the $.50 it costs for tracking or free if they ship online. It says my order was shipped 10 days ago :( but they have no tracking or anything

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I still haven't received my order.. it's pretty annoying they won't pay the $.50 it costs for tracking or free if they ship online. It says my order was shipped 10 days ago :( but they have no tracking or anything[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, bro. Mine was shipped out about 8 days ago, too.

Out of curiosity, those who received their package: which shipping provider did they use (USPS, UPS, FedEx, other?) and which state was it shipped from?

[quote name='immanewb']I hear ya, bro. Mine was shipped out about 8 days ago, too.

Out of curiosity, those who received their package: which shipping provider did they use (USPS, UPS, FedEx, other?) and which state was it shipped from?[/QUOTE]

USPS priority.

[quote name='Devulture']Neither did I. In fact, I might consider this a YMMV kinda situation, since I'm not sure they do that regularly; the Traits in the Sky PE isn't as rare as the PE for Ys Seven, so they may just have extras for that version.

If anyone plans to get Ys Seven right this minute, try to request a premium edition box and let us know if that checks out.[/QUOTE]

I actually e-mailed them and was informed that you can also request outer LE boxes for Ys Seven, Ys Oath Felghana, & Trails in the Sky (they ran out of boxes for Ys Chronicles I & II). I cancelled my previous order and placed a new one so that I can complete my sets, since I have the standard editions only.

[quote name='bruceg'](they ran out of boxes for Ys Chronicles I & II)[/QUOTE]
Thats the one I was hoping they would have. Did place an order for Ys Seven to complete since they sent me the map free on an order last year.

We should leave as a note for Trails in the Sky Part 2/3 as bonus items. :lol:

[quote name='bruceg']I actually e-mailed them and was informed that you can also request outer LE boxes for Ys Seven, Ys Oath Felghana, & Trails in the Sky (they ran out of boxes for Ys Chronicles I & II). I cancelled my previous order and placed a new one so that I can complete my sets, since I have the standard editions only.[/QUOTE]

Just got my Ys Seven order today, as a way of testing it myself. You're absolutely right. They DO include the outer LE box if you ask them, along with an extra bonus. I should thank them by e-mail.

Unfortunately, their extra bonus is a copy of Ys I & II soundtrack. And I already have a copy of the Ys I & II soundtrack from my last order.

Anybody wants a copy of the Ys I & II Musical Selections, PM me and I'll send it to you. Free of charge (no cost of shipping, either).

EDIT:
CONGRATULATIONS, SEGAMew. You won a copy of the soundtrack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received The Last Story LE + the freebie bonus The Last Story Musical Selections CD today as well. I am satisfied - everything arrived mint. :D Fast too...I ordered on Feb. 28.

It came via USPS to the poster whom asked.

[quote name='Illmatic73']I received The Last Story LE + the freebie bonus The Last Story Musical Selections CD today as well. I am satisfied - everything arrived mint. :D Fast too...I ordered on Feb. 28.

It came via USPS to the poster whom asked.[/QUOTE]

All of the above for me too. I love these small publishers. They are good people.

[quote name='sliknik27']All of the above for me too. I love these small publishers. They are good people.[/QUOTE]

Xseed localized Riz-Zoawd, as far as I'm concerned they can do no wrong.

I also picked up the Last Story LE, but forgot to request the cd. They sent it to me anyway!

Xseed is awesome. In addition to my order, they sent the outer premium boxes (for Ys Seven, Ys Oath Felghana, and Trails in the Sky), my bonus item, plus the Lunar CD. So I was able to finally convert all my standard edition sets to premium editions.

Update.
Thanks to everyone for making our XSEED Online Store promotion a huge success! Although the promotion to receive a small bonus item has technically ended, we still encourage anyone to write into the "Add special instructions to the seller" field when placing an order from our store, and who knows, a little surprise may be included within your shipment.

bread's done
Back