*Update*Crazyace is a scammer - The Ongoing Story

dastly75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I will do my best to make this as specific as possible.

Here is where it all started:
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132083

I PM'd crazyace with the $300.00 offer. Supposedly someone was competing with me and I ended up with the winning offer up to $340.00

The Private Message detail:
The detail of the xbox 360 as described by crazyace: "i cannot include the receipt because it was a gift. Xbox 360 is unopened and factory sealed"

I requested any other references he possibly had such as ebay. He gave me a link to his ebay feedback page: http://myworld.ebay.com/courtneymcd/

I decided to contact that ebay account with a message to confirm that it was indeed his. Sure enough I got a response from the ebay account that confirmed it was his as it knew of our xbox 360 transaction.

Soon enough I was given his paypal email as well as his gamertag(I am to assume the 360 was not wanted because he already had one). The gamertag is: crazyace678

The XBL detail:
Basically I added him and sent him a few messages. I sent him a message after I paid. He sent me a message if I was "enjoying my 360". I responded back with the fact that I have not received it yet and what the tracking number was. At this point I got no response. I my suspicions sky rocketed when he removed me from his friends list.

Paypal:
I paid on March 24. Never received anything. Seller stopped communicating. I got around to filing a dispute on April 14. Just as the dispute was about to be settled, crazyace reappears and provides paypal with information, to further prolong the outcome. He gives paypal this, the tracking number. Ok, the tracking number for UPS is..."0". So I have to wait even longer for this thing to get settled and paypal takes their sweet time deciding it. Fast forward to May 14(today), claim was granted but Paypal only recovered $140 of the $340.

Are you serious:
Crazyace is back on CAG with a new thread. Get this, a cag ripped him off of $150. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the recent claim I won in paypal for $140. I guess he decided to round up $140. It's also great how he doesn't list any details. Here's the thread(now locked): http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137624

Ongoing:
I spent only a very small portion of the $340 from actual paypal funds. The rest was from my checking account. Being impatient with paypal, I filed a claim with Wachovia. I have not heard back from them yet. edit: They said they cant do anything for me because I "authorized" the payment.

What else to do:
I am thinking I will need to file a complaint with the IFCC or IC3 I think as it's known now(http://www.ic3.gov/). edit: filed What else should I do now?
USPS Mail Fraud Formed Submitted

Developments
I have been sent a friend request by crazyace678 on XBL.

How ironic because after reading the OP I found this:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137624

It seems crazyace feels you robbed him of $150. I'm assuming it is you because of the $150 amount mentioned in both threads. Maybe this girl hangs out with Minder. If she feels robbed due to Paypal retracting the $150 then why wouldn't she contact you? That is if these two posts are related. Good luck and I hope everything gets resolved.

since you have his address from paypa, do as thebob suggest and call his local authorities. i hate seeing people getting scammed from cash.. this is getting pretty common on here.

I'd file a claim with IC3 immediately.

I'd also follow-up with Paypal, showing that there's no real DC # or tracking # on the shipment.

Local cops being called immediately is another good idea, and I'd do it today.

On the CAG side of things, I've kicked him out of the Trading Forum, plan to PM him about this issue, and banned two apparent duplicate accounts of his.

Paypal already settled the dispute but didn't recover all of it so I don't know what more they can do for me.

As far as his address goes, it's not listed in paypal. If it is, I can not find it. I'm really lacking in information about this guy. All I really know is what is got to be a fake name and the guy's paypal email address.

Is there any way I can get his IP address? That's one of the identifyer boxes on the IC3 form.

Get the person's last name and the ZIP code where they live and use 411.com to find their phone number. I'd give him a call immediately informing him of your intent to involve the authorities (the police, IC3.gov). According to that other thread, it looks like he is using his mother's PayPal account (unless he goes by the name junglegirl31210 :whistle2:s) so I'm assuming he is a kid. If you do call, I'd speak directly to the mother first but do it calmly so she doesn't freak out before you have the chance to explain the situation. Mention the authorities to get her attention and hopefully his ass will get beat and you will get your money back. Though if you already filed a dispute with PayPal and got some money back, it is odd that it didn't raise any red flags for her. She should have questioned some of that activity if it was her account.

All I can say is the dude offered me $30 for Oblivion and shortly after made a thread in the OT forum asking for $150 cause he was ripped off by someone on CAG. So I knew at that point he was bad news.

[quote name='dastly75']Paypal already settled the dispute but didn't recover all of it so I don't know what more they can do for me.

As far as his address goes, it's not listed in paypal. If it is, I can not find it. I'm really lacking in information about this guy. All I really know is what is got to be a fake name and the guy's paypal email address.

Is there any way I can get his IP address? That's one of the identifyer boxes on the IC3 form.[/quote]
Sorry, I hadn't made it all the way down to see that Paypal provided some of the money back.

Try getting the info from eBay, if you can, since that account "confirmed" the sale of the Xbox 360.

I PM'd you his last IP address that CAG saw him coming from. There's about a dozen different ones he's used, so I only gave you the last one seen.

[quote name='Kendro']Get the person's last name and the ZIP code where they live and use 411.com to find their phone number. I'd give him a call immediately informing him of your intent to involve the authorities (the police, IC3.gov). According to that other thread, it looks like he is using his mother's PayPal account (unless he goes by the name junglegirl31210 :whistle2:s) so I'm assuming he is a kid. If you do call, I'd speak directly to the mother first but do it calmly so she doesn't freak out before you have the chance to explain the situation. Mention the authorities to get her attention and hopefully his ass will get beat and you will get your money back. Though if you already filed a dispute with PayPal and got some money back, it is odd that it didn't raise any red flags for her. She should have questioned some of that activity if it was her account.[/quote]
Ok his name according to paypal is, "johnny hurt". Yeah so that's definitely fishy. I still don't know his zip code. I think this is a full out scammer, no kids, no mothers.

I'm going to try to email ebay although them and paypal have a horrendous contact system.

I filled out the IC3 form and submitted it.

try trollhunters.com
also with all these threads going around, poeple have to exercise more caution when doing trades. How was his CAG feedback? Anything else besides ebay? ebay feedback can easily be faked/bought.

Im sorry for you, this situation sucks.
But its hilarious that the person was like: I want money from all of you, send me money! Heres my email address. So funny.

[quote name='Arakias']Im sorry for you, this situation sucks.
But its hilarious that the person was like: I want money from all of you, send me money! Heres my email address. So funny.[/quote]
That is the way that all auction typed things too. If I was selling something, I would want my money before I sent it...

Are you sure that it wasn't a girl to begin with?

I find it funny that most of her friends' comments are spam for some free giftcard websites.
I also look foward to all the jokes based around her last name. ;P

Holy Bejesus! 20 ppg, 14 rebounds per game, 3.7 blocks per game, she's a fucking beast! Her MySpace says her income is $250,000 and up which I am inclined to believe if she makes it to the WNBA.

Sorry about your situation, OP. I hope you get all your money back.

I'm going to guess that crazyace is the girl in the myspace's little brother or something.

[quote name='Kendro']Holy Bejesus! 20 ppg, 14 rebounds per game, 3.7 blocks per game, she's a fucking beast! Her MySpace says her income is $250,000 and up which I am inclined to believe if she makes it to the WNBA.[/quote]Plenty of money to repay the money she owes our fellow CAG. :roll:

The comments of "Lady Shaq" in her myspace profile make me think that the info I found on her makes sense.

Makes me think a phone call to the Conyers, GA police might be a good idea. Either that, or a random phone call to each of three Hurt residences that listed a phone # from the Whitepages.com link I posted.

[quote name='Kendro']Holy Bejesus! 20 ppg, 14 rebounds per game, 3.7 blocks per game, she's a fucking beast! Her MySpace says her income is $250,000 and up which I am inclined to believe if she makes it to the WNBA.[/quote]

If she was in LA I would track her down and kick her in her junk. What an obnoxious beast. Call 411 for her city and get her number!

[quote name='Maklershed']:applause:

Nice work all .. nail this guy! girl[/QUOTE]

Fixed...I think.

She had approached me as well for a deal but I turned her down. I'll see if I have the PM saved.

Edit: Nope, sorry :whistle2:(

Someone should friend request her and send like hundreds of comments to her about scamming on CAG so all her friends know about it.

I'm sorry about what happened OP. It seems these days i'm becoming more and more afraid to trade on here with all the scammers. Just stick with higher feedback and you'll be okay I guess.

Kudos to shrike though for keeping this fucker on lockdown. :applause:

[quote name='Kendro']Holy Bejesus! 20 ppg, 14 rebounds per game, 3.7 blocks per game, she's a fucking beast! Her MySpace says her income is $250,000 and up which I am inclined to believe if she makes it to the WNBA.[/quote]

lol i dont think wnba players even make that much

Do you think it would be a bad idea for me to send a message to her on myspace warning her that I'm about to get the police involved?

I updated the ic3 with the information you guys found so they will eventually be handing that down to the authorities anyways I believe.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Someone should friend request her and send like hundreds of comments to her about scamming on CAG so all her friends know about it.
[/quote]

Wayyy ahead of you... lol

It really sucks to read all these threads about people being scammed. But thank god for the internet and these idiot's ignorance about how powerful the internet can be. I hope this ends well for the OP and that the scammer gets what they have coming to them.

[quote name='Kendro']Well you don't know if she is crazyace or if she is the sister of crazyace.[/quote]

That's true. What's peculiar is that the myspace and paypal have the same email address associated with them. The myspace for Courtney Hurt and the paypal for Johnny Hurt. I would have to imagine Johnny Hurt to be the father or uncle or something because I cannot see a sibling or cousin or what not sharing an email. So the paypal account is perhaps in the name of the father.

[quote name='Kendro']Well you don't know if she is crazyace or if she is the sister of crazyace.[/quote]I'd be a little surprised about a dude having an email address that starts with "junglegirl". :whistle2:s

Oh, she was also on CAG last night at 9:09PM. I dropped her a PM to let he know that there's something she needs to get fixed, and quickly.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd be a little surprised about a dude having an email address that starts with "junglegirl". :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]That's just the Paypal address, right? Maybe that's why crazyace started begging for money; so junglegirl wouldn't start rolling heads because her Paypal account got locked.

Loganville is only about two hours from my house *cracks knuckles* I needed to go over to GA anyway to pick up a '04 Mach 1.

Have you called the police, OP?

I read CAG a lot more than I post (lately at least)... but I have to say how amazing it is to see a community of people watching out for each other like this.

It makes me proud to be a part of the CAG community.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I read CAG a lot more than I post (lately at least)... but I have to say how amazing it is to see a community of people watching out for each other like this.

It makes me proud to be a part of the CAG community.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that!!

[quote name='btw1217']Loganville is only about two hours from my house *cracks knuckles* I needed to go over to GA anyway to pick up a '04 Mach 1.

Have you called the police, OP?[/quote]
I think he didn't have enough to go on to call the police, until we did the web searching that brought up the info posted yesterday.

My guess is that he's waiting for the IC3 form to get pushed through and then the police will most likely get a phone call, either from him or from IC3.

You know it's really a sad thing to see people scam other people. Especially here at Cag, where recently (before minder) we have been keeping the scammers at bay. Right now we have two scammers pop up in about 2 weeks from each other. I am really sorry dude that you got fucked over, as well as you other Cags from Minder. Great job from Shrike and you other guys for finding all the information you could out on this dude. It really makes myself wary though trading on here with the recent scammers and all.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think he didn't have enough to go on to call the police, until we did the web searching that brought up the info posted yesterday.

My guess is that he's waiting for the IC3 form to get pushed through and then the police will most likely get a phone call, either from him or from IC3.[/quote]

Yup that's pretty much how things are right now. I'm depending on the IC3 to forward my complaint to the appropriate department so that will save me a lot of trouble.

I will send one last ultimatum to crazyace via PM and email before filing the mail fraud form since the FAQ suggests thats what I do.

Let me say that I am extremely grateful for my fellow CAGs help, you all make up one hell of a awesome community. Now I hope this fiasco will come to an end soon.

bread's done
Back