UPDATE: Guitar Hero BUNDLE w/ guitar = $79.99 @ Gamestop.com & Ebgames

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
edit: Gredy GS/EB raised price to $79.99. Buy it somewhere else if you can, MSRP is $69.99

Now $69.99 at both EB and GS
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257934.asp
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

See Wombat play Guitar Hero at Digital Life NYC
VIDEO - 18MB - right click and save as

if it is indeed $49.99, this is one hell of a deal since it comes with a kick ass guitar controller. anyone know if ebgames will honor this price if redoctone announces a higher price in the future?

update: Ebgames updated their Guitar Hero page. It now says "Guitar Hero Bundle" and still at $50. Could this actually be the real price?

257934.jpg

update: Price has been raised to $79.99

NEW UPDATE: $69.99 at Gamestop.com http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

can you buy an extra controller? It seems like it's be fun to play 2 players but I'm not into buying a whole extra bundle for the 2nd controller.

[quote name='crujones79']can you buy an extra controller? It seems like it's be fun to play 2 players but I'm not into buying a whole extra bundle for the 2nd controller.[/QUOTE]

I am certain that Red Octane will offer additional controllers for sale through their website, at the very least. I would guess that EB and GS will carry them as well, and probably BestBuy also, but they might not due to the shelf space requirement.

For those who missed the $49.99 pre-order at EB, if you plan to get the game, you may consider pre-ordering directly from RedOctane. It is the same $69.99 as the other stores, but it comes with a free poster, they are offering free super saver shipping on orders over $40 right now, and I am guessing that they only charge tax in CA, where they have a physical presence.

I hope I formatted the affiliate link properly, it didn't do it automatically:

http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?adux+PCQABt+guitarhero-bundle.html

Here's a cheap ass question for 'ya! This may be a far shot, but, is it possible to preorder the complete bundle at a Gamerush ( AKA Blockbuster ) by utilizing their trade in 2 games and get a brand new release for $29.99, especially since the game at this point is not sold without the guitar controller ? If so, it would be a damn good deal!! If anyone has a clue, please let me know!!!

[quote name='LXIX']Here's a cheap ass question for 'ya! This may be a far shot, but, is it possible to preorder the complete bundle at a Gamerush ( AKA Blockbuster ) by utilizing their trade in 2 games and get a brand new release for $29.99, especially since the game at this point is not sold without the guitar controller ? If so, it would be a damn good deal!! If anyone has a clue, please let me know!!![/QUOTE]

Already checked this out. As of right now, Guitar Hero is not available for preorder through GameRush and I'm not sure if they will even get any copies.

id buy the bundle at 50 but not at 70 seems like a rip off to me these kinds of games always end up dirt cheap in the end cause only a certain few buy them.

game should be 20 bucks guitar controller 30 at most.

If you pre-ordered the game at Gamestop you will have to pay the extra $20. The Gamestop reservation system is just sad. It's recipts in a box. It's basically changing money to store credit. There is nothing there to say paid-in-full. Sorry guys.

[quote name='Skelah']id buy the bundle at 50 but not at 70 seems like a rip off to me these kinds of games always end up dirt cheap in the end cause only a certain few buy them.

game should be 20 bucks guitar controller 30 at most.[/QUOTE]

Let's hope this game bucks the trend, but well spoken true "cheap ass" : P

[quote name='Sway']Found this while browsing Newegg's PS2 section.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16879200519

It doesn't mention including the guitar controller so my question is the game available by itself without the guitar? If it isn't, this may be a good deal for those who missed out in the price error.[/QUOTE]

Jumped on it since:

1. The game is only available w/ the controller much like Taiko Drum Master (no previous game uses this peripheral).

2. Newegg rocks.

3. You can always cancel if the game is released otherwise.

[quote name='indy2029']Jumped on it since:

1. The game is only available w/ the controller much like Taiko Drum Master (no previous game uses this peripheral).

2. Newegg rocks.

3. You can always cancel if the game is released otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Exact same reason I preordered it from there too.

I find it kinda silly how they're not offering extra guitar controllers....I'm pretty sure that most people who order this are going to want another one for the guitar battles.

Can't wait for this game. Going to be the headliner of the next party I throw....sorry Donkey Konga...

It doesn't mention including the guitar controller so my question is the game available by itself without the guitar? If it isn't, this may be a good deal for those who missed out in the price error.[/QUOTE]

I hopped on this hoping for the bundle ... which, I'm pretty dang sure is the only version available for retail.

i saw it too and might pre-order it. it DOES mention the guitar in the features section at the bottom. as posted previously, i too am pretty sure that this game is only being shipped with the guitar.

[quote name='The_Continental']I hopped on this hoping for the bundle ... which, I'm pretty dang sure is the only version available for retail.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it based on this assumption, but if anyone hears different, let us know.

[quote name='AlwaysAngryGuy']I ordered it based on this assumption, but if anyone hears different, let us know.[/QUOTE]

After thinking about it for some bit, why would they sell the game WITHOUT the guitar controller? From that assumption, I think it's safe to say that the product Newegg is offering is WITH the guitar controller. Although, I wish they did explicitly state that it was the bundle with the controller.

[quote name='Sway']After thinking about it for some bit, why would they sell the game WITHOUT the guitar controller? From that assumption, I think it's safe to say that the product Newegg is offering is WITH the guitar controller. Although, I wish they did explicitly state that it was the bundle with the controller.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, I have to imagine the game is nearly unplayable without it, which is why it's available only in bundle form. I'm 99% sure the Newegg deal includes the guitar controller.

[quote name='D. Monic']Exactly, I have to imagine the game is nearly unplayable without it, which is why it's available only in bundle form. I'm 99% sure the Newegg deal includes the guitar controller.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that, it looks very similar to amplitude which is easily one of the best games on ps2.

[quote name='D. Monic']Exactly, I have to imagine the game is nearly unplayable without it, which is why it's available only in bundle form. I'm 99% sure the Newegg deal includes the guitar controller.[/QUOTE]

Guitar Freaks, Drumania and Beatmania are playable with a controller. It's lame, but possible.

I preordered from NewEgg and e-mailed them asking if it came with the controller and they were absolute no help at all. What I got from them:

All of the information posted on the website is all the information we have for that certain item. We have provided a ' View More Images' link that shows pictures of the item itself as well as any accessories that would be shipped with the item. If you do not see any accessories listed, chances are it will not be included. There is also a 'Product Link' for most items that we carry. By clicking on this link you will be redirected to the manufactures website where further information can be found. Please use these functions to find any additional information that is not listed in our description.

Any idea what this could mean?

Id bet newegg has the bundle, but what do I know. Newegg has just kicked ass for every other order I have had, so I would hope it would hold up on this one. Good luck!

[quote name='WilliamG']Double pack? Link?[/QUOTE]
http://www.redoctane.com/gh-multibundle.html

Free shipping too. Extra guitars can also be purchased for $40. I preordered the single bundle, though I'm leaning towards getting 2 guitars. They're only like 30 mins away from me so even with super saver shipping I get my stuff from the next day. You get a poster when you order from them. When I ordered my In the Groove bundle from them, they threw in a soundtrack CD so I'm wondering if they'll do the same with Guitar Hero.

this game looks really cool. a little too steep for my cheapass. Even $50 is asking too much. I know it would be worth it but I have a feeling the price won't last long.

Up until yesterday, gamestop's website has said it would be shipping today, but now it says tomorrow. I'm wondering if the sony news post is correct or if Gamestop is right.

That's what I figured, but it's not like Gamestop to just ignore a release date announcement. I'm wondering if they're just going to keep pushing it back a day until they get the bundles in.

Well since I just picked up 2 copies at Best Buy, I'd say it's out. I also really, really suck at this game. But....it's awesome, though I wish it came with one of those strummer thingies.

[quote name='CouRageouS']On the Red Octane site it says Nov 8, so I'm assuming thats the official date.[/QUOTE]

I read elsewhere that Red Octane has stated in emails to customer that the EB and other retailers will have it in stock prior to Nov 8 and that there is no limitation to when they can start selling it.

[quote name='dpatel']this game looks really cool. a little too steep for my cheapass. Even $50 is asking too much. I know it would be worth it but I have a feeling the price won't last long.[/QUOTE]

I think you might be right. Taiko dropped somewhat quickly and I paid full price for that thinking it would be full price for a while considering other music games in the US like DDR, Samba De Amigo and Pump It Up (PC release a few years back) never dropped in price.

[quote name='guessed']For those who bought it at Best Buy, about how many did they have on display at your stores?[/QUOTE]

I saw maybe 6 or 7.

For those that picked it up at Best Buy, could you let us know which locations? I'm dying to get my hands on one as soon as possible, considering I'm getting married on the 12th and want to get in as much playing time as possible before the wedding.

If Best Buy is getting it, then you know a price drop is coming, since there is no way they will sell out nationwide and will eventually drop these things to true CAG prices (just like Taiko).

bread's done
Back