UPDATE: Guitar Hero BUNDLE w/ guitar = $79.99 @ Gamestop.com & Ebgames

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
edit: Gredy GS/EB raised price to $79.99. Buy it somewhere else if you can, MSRP is $69.99

Now $69.99 at both EB and GS
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257934.asp
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

See Wombat play Guitar Hero at Digital Life NYC
VIDEO - 18MB - right click and save as

if it is indeed $49.99, this is one hell of a deal since it comes with a kick ass guitar controller. anyone know if ebgames will honor this price if redoctone announces a higher price in the future?

update: Ebgames updated their Guitar Hero page. It now says "Guitar Hero Bundle" and still at $50. Could this actually be the real price?

257934.jpg

update: Price has been raised to $79.99

NEW UPDATE: $69.99 at Gamestop.com http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

Game companies don't make money off used game sales.

It's a big problem discussed withi the industry right now.

[quote name='rudeboie']Game companies don't make money off used game sales.

It's a big problem discussed withi the industry right now.[/QUOTE]

YEP and thats why they still let you trade in used games

[quote name='m0dem']YEP and thats why they still let you trade in used games[/QUOTE]

And game companies hate that. I think there's been a series of bigwig people in the last few weeks talking about how they hate it.

There's a massive difference between using a game, beating it, and then selling it to Gamestop VERSUS copying it to your hard drive after you bought it and then selling it back immediately (or even at a later date).

Why not just rent them and do the same thing? Because then you think it's somehow more wrong because the game developer doesn't get money for a purchased game?

And shit, why stop there? Just go ahead and download it. The end result is the same in all three situations, so why waste the time and the money in situations A and B when C affords you the same conclusion at less money?

Oh. Because somehow the first is the most acceptable and the third is outright piracy. Right.

If you really didn't care about what you were doing, you wouldn't be offended with jack shit what I think/have to say. And in all reality I could give a shit about what you are doing. I will concede that, at least, the game company gets the money with what you are doing, and while that IS commendable, it still doesn't change the fact that it's essentially piracy.

But think of it like this. You buy it, copy it, sell it to someone else. That person gets the game, but the company loses out.

Now obviously I can't continue the argument endlesly - "he sells it someone, he sells it to someone else" on and on and on. That's stupid. It could theoretically happen but it won't.

Point is that you ARE denying the game company SOME amount of money, and it aggrivates further dependent on how many people are doing it.

Go ahead and do it. But don't get pissed and defensive when someone calls you out on it.

Is it me or was there a time when folk would be banned or threads would be closed once blatant talk of piracy was brought up? Or am I just making this up?

[quote name='Strell']And game companies hate that. I think there's been a series of bigwig people in the last few weeks talking about how they hate it.

There's a massive difference between using a game, beating it, and then selling it to Gamestop VERSUS copying it to your hard drive after you bought it and then selling it back immediately (or even at a later date).

Why not just rent them and do the same thing? Because then you think it's somehow more wrong because the game developer doesn't get money for a purchased game?

And shit, why stop there? Just go ahead and download it. The end result is the same in all three situations, so why waste the time and the money in situations A and B when C affords you the same conclusion at less money?

Oh. Because somehow the first is the most acceptable and the third is outright piracy. Right.

If you really didn't care about what you were doing, you wouldn't be offended with jack shit what I think/have to say. And in all reality I could give a shit about what you are doing. I will concede that, at least, the game company gets the money with what you are doing, and while that IS commendable, it still doesn't change the fact that it's essentially piracy.

But think of it like this. You buy it, copy it, sell it to someone else. That person gets the game, but the company loses out.

Now obviously I can't continue the argument endlesly - "he sells it someone, he sells it to someone else" on and on and on. That's stupid. It could theoretically happen but it won't.

Point is that you ARE denying the game company SOME amount of money, and it aggrivates further dependent on how many people are doing it.

Go ahead and do it. But don't get pissed and defensive when someone calls you out on it.[/QUOTE]

I know game companies don't make money off of used sales. So why aren't you bitching out everyone that trades games in to gamestop and EB and whatnot. I'm still making sure to give money to the company rightfully. I dont buy it to trade it in immediately.

Because when people trade on here, they aren't keeping copies of what they have. At least, I suppose the majority of people aren't keeping copies. That's the difference.

but he's talking about how when you trade the game in the company is losing some money because that person that buys the used copy is only giving money to the place he bought it and not the company that originally bought the game.

on a different note, I've been playing this game for the past hour and its awesome.

[quote name='Strell']Good. And you're still a stupid dumbass.[/QUOTE]
haha...sumthings up dis guyz butt...hahhahaha!!ur too funnie!

Good timing, I just got some of my SASEs back from the bestbuy bucks thing. I have about 63 dollars in bucks so I wont have to pay more than like $10 cash. That double guitar red octane set looks mighty tempting though >_

Has anybody that ordered from Gamestop's website gotten an e-mail about this shipping yet? The shipping date hasn't changed and I'm wondering if it's just a delay on their part or not.

[quote name='takingchase']but he's talking about how when you trade the game in the company is losing some money because that person that buys the used copy is only giving money to the place he bought it and not the company that originally bought the game.

on a different note, I've been playing this game for the past hour and its awesome.[/QUOTE]

Ok this the last time I'll explain it.

Someone trades on here. Their copy goes to someone else. In the end, there is only one copy.

Someone sells it to Gamestop. Gamestop sells it to someone else. In the end, there is only one copy.

You buy it, copy it, and sell it. There are now two copies. One of them is pirated, the other isn't.

It is completely irrelevent that you bought it to begin with. That's what you guys are focused on, but it makes absolutely no difference. Don't even consider it at all.

But hey, you know, this is the third time I've explained it, so I doubt you'll get it by now. It's nice to hope though.

uuughhh - you know what I hate more than pirates - when farkers get waaay off topic in a thread I'm watching and I have to wade through all this bs to read the pertinent info - can you guys quit the crap about piracy or take it elsewhere or maybe a mod taking control of this shite so I don't waste my time in this thread.

[quote name='lupinckc']Good timing, I just got some of my SASEs back from the bestbuy bucks thing. I have about 63 dollars in bucks so I wont have to pay more than like $10 cash. That double guitar red octane set looks mighty tempting though >_

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Has anybody that ordered from Gamestop's website gotten an e-mail about this shipping yet? The shipping date hasn't changed and I'm wondering if it's just a delay on their part or not.[/QUOTE]

It just changed to just arrived so maybe it will finally ship. Good thing too cause I got a reserve on this thing at my GS.

All i want to know is if i walk into eb/best buy today can i pick up this game?

finallly got the game at bestbuy last night with the $5 coupon. I'll switch my preorder at ebgames to dragon quest viii when they call me or when i go to the store whichever comes first.

anyways....i suggest to those who are waiting for the newegg shipment to cancel that order and pick up a copy soon. this game is very addicting. I played the game for about 3 hours last night---and i would've played more but it was already 1am and i was soo tired. I did the tutorial then started ripping on the easy mode then a few medium mode. I'd like to get an extra controller so i can play with my buddies, but for now i think one controller is share-able. really cool game. i'm glad i didnt wait for my ebgames pre order.

Anyone know where I can get a second controller? I thought I saw a seperate controller on sale at redoctane's site for about $40 bucks but it appears that have taken it down. I will hopefully get the game tonight, (if GS gets it in) and I want to do some multi-player but no way am I paying 140 bucks!!!

Definitely Best Buy - not certain about EB...

[quote name='jer7583']All i want to know is if i walk into eb/best buy today can i pick up this game?[/QUOTE]

I'm keeping the two I got at BB, as well as the 2 from Newegg. Guitar Hero will be the hot Christmas item I'm betting.

[quote name='Darwin23']

anyways....i suggest to those who are waiting for the newegg shipment to cancel that order and pick up a copy soon. this game is very addicting. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Darwin23']anyways....i suggest to those who are waiting for the newegg shipment to cancel that order and pick up a copy soon. [/QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear the game is good, but saving $20-30 by going with NewEgg makes more sense to me than running out and buying it right away simply because the game is addicting, even if I have to wait a little longer to play it. There's tons of good games being released right now.

I would buy it from newegg, but those bastids only do fedex to Hawaii--it's always at least $20 shipping which completely kills any savings I might have gotten from them.

I wish they'd at least offer USPS Priority for us non-continental US folks.

:cry:

[quote name='resonatorxl']I'm glad to hear the game is good, but saving $20-30 by going with NewEgg makes more sense to me than running out and buying it right away simply because the game is addicting, even if I have to wait a little longer to play it. There's tons of good games being released right now.[/QUOTE]

i know what you mean--the savings is cool and theres lots of good games that i havent even finished or even started to play with. In fact, I got two games i havent even opened yet (trace memory and phoenix wright) coz' i'm still tryin' to finish another game (trauma center). But i dunno...something about musical, innovative games makes me wanna drop all the other games and start playing with it right away. Is it worth not saving the 20 bucks? for me it is. otherwise i'll just be unfocused...waiting and anxious for a game im excited about to arrive in the mail. I might order another copy from newegg as an xmas present for a buddy of mine. the newegg deal is really good.

I really disappointed that GS did not get the game today. I've had it on pre-order and was expecting it today. The distro said it would be shipping on the 6th, so I am hoping to pick it up on Monday or Tuesday next week.

[quote name='stf3']Anyone know where I can get a second controller? I thought I saw a seperate controller on sale at redoctane's site for about $40 bucks but it appears that have taken it down. I will hopefully get the game tonight, (if GS gets it in) and I want to do some multi-player but no way am I paying 140 bucks!!![/QUOTE]

It's probably going to be available only though the RO Mltuiplayer Bundle for the rest of the year.

[quote name='flybrione']I really disappointed that GS did not get the game today. I've had it on pre-order and was expecting it today. The distro said it would be shipping on the 6th, so I am hoping to pick it up on Monday or Tuesday next week.[/QUOTE]

An e-mail just came in yesturday in the store's computer saying that GS would not get the game till Nov 8th. :cry:

I just checked Eb's site.. My order has finally shipped! It apparently left out on the 3rd and is in route. It also looks like I got it for the $49...plus shipping:) Those hosers did not send an email saying it had shipped, so I thought I would remind those who did order their copy from EB online to check on it.

[quote name='rudeboie']It's probably going to be available only though the RO Mltuiplayer Bundle for the rest of the year.[/QUOTE]

yeah, basically RO didn't think the game was gonna do this well, and had to pull the extra guitars they had to meet Multiplayer Bundle orders. The guitars are coming back after chrismas sometime.

[quote name='Logain8955']yeah, basically RO didn't think the game was gonna do this well, and had to pull the extra guitars they had to meet Multiplayer Bundle orders. The guitars are coming back after chrismas sometime.[/QUOTE]

Really? Is that an educated guess or did someone tell you that?

Sure wish we knew if this would be another Samba De Amigo (price never went down) or Taiko Drum Master ($9.99 a few months later). Sounds like a fun game but $70 is a bit high for me right now. (but would pay if I knew I'd never have the chance at it again!!)

Well hot damn I picked up my game today! :D

49.99 as well, go EB games, AND I got free lunch at Subway due to their computers being fucked up.

It has DEFINATELY been my day. :)

[quote name='stf3']An e-mail just came in yesturday in the store's computer saying that GS would not get the game till Nov 8th. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Those bastards. :sad: I hope I get it before Thanksgiving.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Well hot damn I picked up my game today! :D

49.99 as well, go EB games, AND I got free lunch at Subway due to their computers being fucked up.

It has DEFINATELY been my day. :)[/QUOTE]

What? The fuckers at my EB made me pay the extra $20 today!!!!

its going to be 69.99 at Eb or Gs. some people got it for 49.99 because they preordered it online at the time when guitar hero was 49.99 for awhile.

Any word on the newegg.com version? Almost certain that its the bundle with the guitar but has anyone verified it?

Hm, gamestop.com had it shipping in 24 hours on Monday. In fact, I picked mine up in store locally yesterday, no pre-order needed.

[quote name='Logain8955']yeah, basically RO didn't think the game was gonna do this well, and had to pull the extra guitars they had to meet Multiplayer Bundle orders. The guitars are coming back after chrismas sometime.[/QUOTE]

My bestbuy had about 30 of the game guitar bundles. They had no price on it. I'm going to wait until eb has it used so I can get 25% off and get a complete copy just like my DK bongos.

To anyone ordering the multiplayer bundle (or if your order is over $100), enter the code "catalog1" to get $20 off your order.

It expires December 31, 2005.

If you haven't bought this game, get it. It rocks unbelievably hard. And an extra guitar for about $20 when you use that code is pretty sweet.

I emailed Red Octane asking what happened to the guitar controllers being for sale on the website. Here's what they said:

Hello,

Thank you for the email. Unfortunately single guitars are not sold seperately,
they can only be ordered through the bundle package. We apologize for the
inconvenience. Thank you for your interest in RedOctane.

Thank you,
Service Redoctane

That sorta sucks cause I bought mine at Best Buy expecting to just order the extra one online. I hate how it just disappeared from the site. I really do not want to order another bundle but I want another controller before the holidays. I might have to buy a multiplayer bundle, keep the extra guitar, and sell off the single bundle or give it as a gift.

Just got off the phone with newegg and they were useless. I asked when they anticipate they were going to receive the product to ship out, their response: "I don't know." I then asked if this was the bundle package complete with the guitar, their response: "I don't know."

Might have to order directly from Red Octane.

[quote name='nexes']To anyone ordering the multiplayer bundle (or if your order is over $100), enter the code "catalog1" to get $20 off your order.

It expires December 31, 2005.

If you haven't bought this game, get it. It rocks unbelievably hard. And an extra guitar for about $20 when you use that code is pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

what website are you speaking of? thanks

[quote name='oc325']what website are you speaking of? thanks[/QUOTE]

Redoctane.com

My order from them shipped. Not bad! Better deal than the "dead" Newegg deal. The game and 2 guitars for $89 shipped. Can't complain!

Don't forget the coupon code "catalog1" and thanks to the poster for letting me know. My order HAS shipped and was trackable on DHL this morning. :D

that sucks that i picked up the original bundle from bestbuy. I want an extra guitar controller since my gf is now addicted to this game and it would've been nice to play multiplayer.

bread's done
Back