UPDATE: Guitar Hero BUNDLE w/ guitar = $79.99 @ Gamestop.com & Ebgames

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
edit: Gredy GS/EB raised price to $79.99. Buy it somewhere else if you can, MSRP is $69.99

Now $69.99 at both EB and GS
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257934.asp
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

See Wombat play Guitar Hero at Digital Life NYC
VIDEO - 18MB - right click and save as

if it is indeed $49.99, this is one hell of a deal since it comes with a kick ass guitar controller. anyone know if ebgames will honor this price if redoctone announces a higher price in the future?

update: Ebgames updated their Guitar Hero page. It now says "Guitar Hero Bundle" and still at $50. Could this actually be the real price?

257934.jpg

update: Price has been raised to $79.99

NEW UPDATE: $69.99 at Gamestop.com http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I justpicked it up for $65 at BB after the GGC.

I can't believe I spent money on this. I'm going to feel like a fool playing. :D[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you use that 10% off coupon posted in another thread? That's another 2 bucks man! :D

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I justpicked it up for $65 at BB after the GGC.

I can't believe I spent money on this. I'm going to feel like a fool playing. :D[/QUOTE]

You can't feel any dumber than I did when I first got Karaoke Revolution.

how much would shipping be for these big ol' things?

I bought 2 from EB but I decided I don't want them. I will most likely return them to EB but since I only paid like $113 for both I figured someone may want them..................I believe shipping may be the killer though.

So I would like to keep this in Dallas were we could just do a straight sale or an exchange or something but if someone is willing to pay the shipping just let me know ASAP.

edit: I may keep one since all I hear is how good this game is but I don't think I will.

I also saw that EB has a page for the extra guitar: Second guitar
I don't know if that was posted already or not.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I emailed Red Octane asking what happened to the guitar controllers being for sale on the website. Here's what they said:

Hello,

Thank you for the email. Unfortunately single guitars are not sold seperately,
they can only be ordered through the bundle package. We apologize for the
inconvenience. Thank you for your interest in RedOctane.

Thank you,
Service Redoctane

That sorta sucks cause I bought mine at Best Buy expecting to just order the extra one online. I hate how it just disappeared from the site. I really do not want to order another bundle but I want another controller before the holidays. I might have to buy a multiplayer bundle, keep the extra guitar, and sell off the single bundle or give it as a gift.[/QUOTE]

The single guitars are coming back sometime around chrismas. The page is actually up, they just say it's for pre-order. This is according to the RedOctane producer, John Tam, who is actually pretty active on their forums.

[quote name='Sway']Why didn't you use that 10% off coupon posted in another thread? That's another 2 bucks man! :D[/QUOTE]I'm considering using that coupon on Saturday. Hopefully, it works.:) If it doesn't, I still have tons of $5 coupons.:)

[quote name='WilliamG']Redoctane.com

My order from them shipped. Not bad! Better deal than the "dead" Newegg deal. The game and 2 guitars for $89 shipped. Can't complain!

Don't forget the coupon code "catalog1" and thanks to the poster for letting me know. My order HAS shipped and was trackable on DHL this morning. :D[/QUOTE]

I placed my order through Red Octane on Wednesday and it still hasn't processed. No reply via email and they aren't picking up the phone either. My newegg order has been sitting idle for over a week now and their customer service picks up but has no info at all.

My patience is wearing thin...

I emailed newegg and this is what I got:

Regarding our Item #: N82E16879200519 Guitar Hero Playstation 2 Game redoctane -
Retail Pre-order, sorry but were still waiting to get this item in to stock. As
soon as it arrives, all Pre-orders will be notified first and an email with your
tracking information will be sent out to you confirming shipment to you. We
greatly appreciate your patience and understanding on this order.

I think I'm gonna still wait for this order. I really don't feel like paying over $50 for a game. Hopefully this newegg thing will come through.

I was lucky enough to have my Best Buy match the 20% off a single item coupon that TRU sent me a few weeks ago.

Getting the game for $56 was ok in my book.

I ordered through newegg. I figure it's probably like Outpost, it'll take a month to ship or they'll try and charge me the regular price.

Unfortunately, we do not carry this item at this time and we will have an ETA for this item until after we receive the first shipment. Once we receive the initial order, we can more accurately estimate future deliveries. Generally it takes us about 6-8 weeks to receive new merchandise once it has been released to the public, due to the nature of supply and demand. In addition, if you need to cancel your reorder, please login your account and click the "preorder" then cancel it. You may continue to check all prices and availability at http://www.newegg.com/ for our most up-to-date status. Any item that is removed from our website usually will be out of stock for longer than 2 weeks. Your understanding and patience was greatly appreciated.

Is what I got.

Well, how the bundle is priced, you get $10 off the packaged, so that it's more feasible of a first purchase.

In terms of how expensive something is for a guitar, that's about the same as another Taiko (when it first came out) Drum or Donkey Konga controller, and I'd say the guitar is much cooler and much easier to mess up. Always up to opinion though.

[quote name='rudeboie']Well, how the bundle is priced, you get $10 off the packaged, so that it's more feasible of a first purchase. [/QUOTE]

No it isn't. Regular version with 1 guitar = $70
Bundle with 2 guitars = $110
Difference = $40 = price of 1 guitar. I'm still pissed that $20 coupon code ended early :bomb:

[quote name='The_Continental']I realize this is crazy, but I got notification that my Newegg order shipped today. I ordered Guitar Hero from them like what, three months ago?[/QUOTE]

Haha, that is pretty crazy. I cancelled my order long ago and it was worth paying the full $70 to play it since November

[quote name='nakedsushi']My NewEgg order shipped too![/QUOTE]

My order says "Not transferred" and hasn't shipped. I knew I shouldn't have cancelled my EBgames.com order at $49.99 for Newegg's slightly lower price.

[quote name='Apossum']eh? the links say $79[/QUOTE]

If you read the fine print of the orginal post it was once mispriced at $49.99 at EBgames.com. This whole thread was created because of that price there.

[quote name='bmarquardt']If you read the fine print of the orginal post it was once mispriced at $49.99 at EBgames.com. This whole thread was created because of that price there.[/QUOTE]

thread title says 69, links say 79, fine print says 69 at gs, link says 69...it's a bit misleading.

It was $69 until Ebgames/gamestop got greedy mid december. i'll change the thread title...

i'd recommend buying it from redoctane or somewhere else where the MSRP is $69.99

FYE has Guitar Hero available through their website for $69.99 (no free shipping, unfortunately), a good option for those with lots of store credit. My order finally shipped today. Apparently it is OOS at the moment, but they seem to periodically get more in, so check back every couple of days.

[quote name='Roufuss']Target has it for $59.99... don't even bother with anyone else.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but most Targets have really small stock making it hard to find.

[quote name='pthagonal']Yeah, but most Targets have really small stock making it hard to find.[/QUOTE]

Weird... not around here. I went to three Targets looking for clearance items, and each Target had anywhere from 3 to 5 Guitar Hero's.

[quote name='billg']Anyone think this'll ever drop in price?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy and Target will clearance (or price drop) it eventually, just give it time.

ebgames.com does have it for sale preowned for 31.xx w/ free shipping, and the success rate for recieving a full game (box, guitar, game, all inserts) is extremely high. Just gotta jump on the EB morning update.

Wow, had it pre-ordered since July. All of a sudden in February, it comes to my house... $53 shipped (could have been 2 bucks cheaper b/c originally I had used a free shipping coupon code). Not bad for a game of the year contender. Only had to wait 7 months. Forgot that I even had it ordered to boot.

[quote name='tinman_licks']Wow, had it pre-ordered since July. All of a sudden in February, it comes to my house... $53 shipped (could have been 2 bucks cheaper b/c originally I had used a free shipping coupon code). Not bad for a game of the year contender. Only had to wait 7 months. Forgot that I even had it ordered to boot.[/QUOTE]

Mine was delivered today from Newegg.com, except it was delivered "as is" with no additional packaging. They put a shipping label on the factory box and shipped it as is. I'm a little upset.

Anyone else have this happen?

[quote name='bmarquardt']Mine was delivered today from Newegg.com, except it was delivered "as is" with no additional packaging. They put a shipping label on the factory box and shipped it as is. I'm a little upset.

Anyone else have this happen?[/QUOTE]

Yep, same deal. Since I already bought the damn thing back in November when this looked like a bust, I don't know what I'm gonna do with it.

[quote name='billg']Anyone think this'll ever drop in price?[/QUOTE]

can't see it happening or at least not anytime soon cause games that come in bulky packages (like DDR, Time Crisis) rarely get overstocked since they take up too much shelf space, Red Octane also seems to be producing them in small batches so its unlikely they're going be stuck with unsold inventory

[quote name='bmarquardt']Mine was delivered today from Newegg.com, except it was delivered "as is" with no additional packaging. They put a shipping label on the factory box and shipped it as is. I'm a little upset.

Anyone else have this happen?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, mine came that way as well. Cheapos!!!

[quote name='NeoStrider']can't see it happening or at least not anytime soon cause games that come in bulky packages (like DDR, Time Crisis) rarely get overstocked since they take up too much shelf space, Red Octane also seems to be producing them in small batches so its unlikely they're going be stuck with unsold inventory[/QUOTE]

I'm not buying that... I saw 9 of these things at the local Best Buy, and just tonight I saw no less then TWENTY at the local Wal-Mart taking up an entire endcap (price was $67.98 if anyone is interested)

These things will clearance, and they will clearance hard, just like the Taiko Drum, the DK Bongos, the In The Groove dance set (not a clearance, but Best Buy still dropped the price hard), certain stores have clearanced out their gun games (Gamecrazy).

Eventually retailers like Best Buy / Target will want their shelf space back, and that is when I will finally pick one of these bad boys up.

[quote name='Roufuss']
Eventually retailers like Best Buy / Target will want their shelf space back, and that is when I will finally pick one of these bad boys up.[/QUOTE]

Given that NO STORES around me have this save for the *one* I saw at a GS for 80, I ask someone, when this clearances out, to PLEASE agree to pick me up a set, if not 2. This is what my parents said would be my Christmas present, and they know I've been trying to track down a full set, and hence I'm trying to be as CAG for them as possible.

I don't know how shipping would work, but given that I've yet to see GH at any store here, and seeing as how I can't search inventories like I'd like to be able to do, I will need help from fellow CAGs if possible.

I guess we'll all keep an eye out...

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm not buying that... I saw 9 of these things at the local Best Buy, and just tonight I saw no less then TWENTY at the local Wal-Mart taking up an entire endcap (price was $67.98 if anyone is interested)

These things will clearance, and they will clearance hard, just like the Taiko Drum, the DK Bongos, the In The Groove dance set (not a clearance, but Best Buy still dropped the price hard), certain stores have clearanced out their gun games (Gamecrazy).

Eventually retailers like Best Buy / Target will want their shelf space back, and that is when I will finally pick one of these bad boys up.[/QUOTE]

Maybe in your area, but here in Atlanta, one weekend my Best Buy had 20 or so and Target had 8. The next weekend when I went shopping, Best Buy only had 4 and Target had 2. So these things are definitely selling right now. And to be fair, Taiko and DK Bongos did not have the same appeal for most American gamers that Guitar Hero has.

[quote name='Roufuss']

Maybe in your area, but definetly not at my Targets since only 2 of mine did have them, but they are not carrying it anymore at least according to them. As for bestbuy, they usually keep 2 or 3 copies like they do with DDR, DK and Taiko after this craze blow over. So I have a slight chance of getting them at price drop/clearance when they do it...I hope:roll: or maybe I should just bite the bullet and get it at Fry's when they get them in again.

bread's done
Back