Update On The Arcade Stick Hunt (play.com Has Sticks And Pads, Hurry)

Thanks, My flatmate and I just got one each. These are biding at more that 300 quid on Ebay at the mo.

[quote name='kPod']I draw the line when a peripheral is more expensive than a full-priced game.[/quote]

Yeah, £100 to play one game as it should be is too much.

I wonder if I can mod my old NES Advantage?

"In a world where most game shop employees don't even know what an arcade stick is, Play.com have a slew of arcade controller goodies now available and in stock."

So true, so true. Why do these people work in these game shops? I hate when they annoyingly think they have some "authority" and will share their "knowledge" which of course is lacking big time. Oh well. Don't bother much with game shops no more. The internet serves my needs better and cheaper.

tempted by the fightpad but i've got my (still new) hori fight stick so wouldnt be much of a CAG if i went and spent another 30quid

[quote name='SirStuie']Yeah, £100 to play one game as it should be is too much.

I wonder if I can mod my old NES Advantage?[/quote]*is saying that, but is totally thinking about purchasing Steel Batallion with the bajillion-button controller*

If the 360 was "busted open" and ready for homebrew, MAME-style - I'd be buying as many (up to four) as possible to connect at one time. Sadly this is not the case and I don't play fightin or the retro games available enough to warrant purchase of this.

They lied. The sticks were listed in stock last night and I ordered two. They sent an email asking me to ring and confirm, when I spoke to them today they admitted that they had none in stock and were expecting them to arrive in 7 to 28 days. I left my order with them.

[quote name='Red360']They lied. The sticks were listed in stock last night and I ordered two. They sent an email asking me to ring and confirm, when I spoke to them today they admitted that they had none in stock and were expecting them to arrive in 7 to 28 days. I left my order with them.[/QUOTE]

by "they" you mean play.com ??? if so, they are total bummers (considering every game forum announced their offer as "last hope for UK man"...)

i'd be completely pissed off

Yes play.com lied. The site clearly said they were in stock last night. My flatmate was the one who spoke to them and the guy on the end of the phone admitted that they sometimes lie about having things in stock when all other websites are out of stock to attract customers (to sell them stuff they don't have I guess). In NZ these sort of shenanigans would be illegal under the Fair Trading Act as it is a pretty clear case of bait advertising.

[quote name='Red360']Yes play.com lied. The site clearly said they were in stock last night. My flatmate was the one who spoke to them and the guy on the end of the phone admitted that they sometimes lie about having things in stock when all other websites are out of stock to attract customers (to sell them stuff they don't have I guess). In NZ these sort of shenanigans would be illegal under the Fair Trading Act as it is a pretty clear case of bait advertising.[/quote]

NZ represent. It never ceases to amaze me how shadey retailers are, here in the UK.

Still tempted by this fightpad. I've heard nothing but good things about them. I did learn on a dpad after all and it's hard to de-learn all your streetfighter reflex memory.

[quote name='Royvedas']If the 360 was "busted open" and ready for homebrew, MAME-style - I'd be buying as many (up to four) as possible to connect at one time. Sadly this is not the case and I don't play fightin or the retro games available enough to warrant purchase of this.[/quote]Xbox 360 controllers connect wired through USB. Use a PC.

(Or you can get a "Crossfire" adapter to make wireless pads connect to PC as well should anyone here not know.)

Yeah, i use my EX2 stick on PC to play MAME. It's easy as pi 3.14.

What are the chances of the fightpads coming to retails stores like GAME you reckon? You know once the hype dies down a bit and they start to actually be in stock.

[quote name='kPod']Xbox 360 controllers connect wired through USB. Use a PC.[/quote]

Yeah thanks for the advice, but I don't use a pc for gaming. That's so 90's. I want hacked proprietary hardware!

bread's done
Back