(update:OOS again) Fire Emblem Awakening In Stock @ Gamestop.com

Guess this is the only place to get it since Amazon says 2-4 weeks.
Need a copy for my bf to play, and for $40 i dont wanna pay for a digital copy.

[quote name='kayne2000']exactly its more than likely because nintendo likes to low print anything not named mario,zelda or metroid. fire emblem games in the US usually just up and go OOP at some random point in the future. the wii one did, the GC one did, im sure the DS one has too by now, i know a GBA did.

why nintendo does this ill never know. why they cant be like microsoft and just print as many copies as people want ill never know.

but then again when you sit on games like fire emblem and xenoblade that could sell millions and fail to advertise the hell out of them of course they dont sell.

the only reason i know about fire emblem is cause i randomly blind bought the GC one and got hooked and since then have had to actually google and search out info on new games in the series.[/QUOTE]

They hardly advertize anything. in the last ten years if I can remmeber 3 nintendo ads on tv its too many. Nintendo has always seemed overly pragmatic and averse to change to me. That's why every one of their games is the same for like 5 years till they decide to change it.

[quote name='kayne2000']exactly its more than likely because nintendo likes to low print anything not named mario,zelda or metroid. fire emblem games in the US usually just up and go OOP at some random point in the future. the wii one did, the GC one did, im sure the DS one has too by now, i know a GBA did.

why nintendo does this ill never know. why they cant be like microsoft and just print as many copies as people want ill never know.

but then again when you sit on games like fire emblem and xenoblade that could sell millions and fail to advertise the hell out of them of course they dont sell.

the only reason i know about fire emblem is cause i randomly blind bought the GC one and got hooked and since then have had to actually google and search out info on new games in the series.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo knows what they are doing in their pricing strategy.

Nintendo has a different strategy than MS and Sony. They typically do not drop the price of their 1st party titles, so people don't sit and wait for it to be $20 in the clearance bin a week later. A lot of people wait for most other games to drop to $20 or less before picking up.

Printing unlimited typically means there is a ton of stock and the price needs to drop to move it, meaning a lot of cheap games and Nintendo does not want to be known for making a lot of cheap games, they pride themselves on game quality.

I agree that something like Xenoblade could use another limited print run, but I suspect that title might be in licensing limbo more than just Nintendo's choice, and I doubt they could sell "millions" of more copies, but certainly "thousands."

The push into digital once a title has sold out and is "rare" will help push people to buy the physical game on release when Nintendo still has the ability to just keep the printers running (which saves on cost, setting up a second print run incurs a lot of additional setup costs), but still offer them the option to buy it digitally if they can't find it in store once they have stopped printing. This would be a good solution for something like Xenoblade.

And now you know.

Eh, Xenoblade is an oddity. It's a flat-out amazing game that required a shitload of time to localize due to the vast amount of stuff in it.

It wasn't a hit in Japan or Europe because it wasn't a sequel, it had a dumb name, etc whatever.

It could have done a lot better, considering it isn't much of a JRPG, and FF13 made the internet hate the JRPG. Had they just released it in 2011 like they did in Europe, at any point during the great game drought, it could've performed well. Instead they pushed Wii Play Motion

thats because nintendo failed to advertise the damn thing. xenoblade could of rivaled FF but it didnt. the only real advertising for the game was done by operation rainfall like it or not and word of mouth. xenoblade is everything wrong and right about nintendo all at once. its nintendos high quality game at its finest and yet its nintendo being too damn stubborn and stupidity to promote it. this should of been backed fully but it wasnt. there should of been no debate as to whether this was coming outside of japan. i mean really whats the point of such game of that size only to limited print it. thats like if skyrim got a limited print run it just makes 0 sense.

and yes nintendo does advertise but its always mario,zelda,metroid or the latest casual thing. rarely fire emblem, or advance wars, or battlion wars, baten kaitos, or last story or xenoblade.

the thing about massive printing and people waiting for clearance bins is take some of these other big titles they still sell millions either way. now take nintendo titles they dont hit that number because of lack of advertising for them and lack of printing or nintendo just being stubborn and refusing to price drop things. there is nothing wrong with a "cheap game". just because halo for instance will hit 15 dollars doesnt make it a bad game. if a see a zelda game at 15 dollars im not thinking boy this game sucks. while a lot of people wait for some games to hit 20 dollars to say everyone does is just not true. while tons of people will wait for halo 4 to clearance that game still sold tons on day 1. im sure zelda could do the same thing.

Alright so some what of an update. I was doing a store search of fire emblem awakening on best buy website and nothing was coming up in my area anymore Hillsboro OR, so i decided to check my old zip code to see if any in Los Angeles (90062) had them and nothing came up. I went into best buy the other day to see if they had copies and they didnt. The store employee said they sold out fast.

While i was target to see if they had it, they didnt even have one of those plastic covers for where the game should be. So my guess its all a hit and miss thing in your area if they have Hard copies of the game.

[quote name='Deader2818']Really? You have any proof of this? Cause I keep hearing people pulling this out of their ass.

It doesn't do well here so its not a shock they didn't print many.[/QUOTE]

if you want proof just turn on your TV, they are constantly playing fire emblem commercials and they have been since the release date. If they were out of stock there is no reason for them to waste money on expensive commercials unless their plan was to have people download it and were holding back the physical supply.

[quote name='kayne2000']exactly its more than likely because nintendo likes to low print anything not named mario,zelda or metroid. fire emblem games in the US usually just up and go OOP at some random point in the future. the wii one did, the GC one did, im sure the DS one has too by now, i know a GBA did. [/QUOTE]

something going out of print has nothing to do with fire emblem not even being in stores on the release date

[quote name='ritchardf']im gonna check target today, it shows limited stock. cant break down and get it from gamestop, was checking out at bestbuy.com and it went no shipping available right after i added it to cart. wasted too much time picking out a sdhc card.[/QUOTE]

all the target stores around me got in 2-3 copies yesterday, it must have been a restocking day

What the hell?

Nintendo put out Fire Emblem on Gamecube, Wii, GBA, and DS, but only now has it become highly desirable? It seems the only reason is because people think it's rare and valuable? It just came out, did you honestly think they weren't going to catch up on stock?

[quote name='b3b0p']What the hell?

Nintendo put out Fire Emblem on Gamecube, Wii, GBA, and DS, but only now has it become highly desirable? It seems the only reason is because people think it's rare and valuable? It just came out, did you honestly think they weren't going to catch up on stock?[/QUOTE]

To be fair, this is probably the best Fire Emblem game ever made. They really refined the hell outa it for this thing.

[quote name='ritchardf']back in stock at bestbuy.com, free shipping[/QUOTE]

Not available for shipping, at this time at least.

[quote name='Poorleno']Not available for shipping, at this time at least.[/QUOTE]

seems to come back in stock in the middle of the night, then sells out quick

[quote name='Blaster man']Is this game rare?[/QUOTE]

It does seem like Nintendo is not shipping very many to stores. Hard to say whether it's unforseen supply issues, or they're holding back shipments to push the digital sales.

I'm not actively searching, but when I happen to browse the game section, I have yet to see a single copy in any of the local Best Buys, Targets, or Walmarts out here in my area. Same goes for the couple times I've stopped in Gamestop.

Ordered one copy yesterday as I did not want to share a copy.
Got a shipping confirm yesterday a couple hours after I ordered it.
Chose the 2-3 days shipping as I'm moving this weekend.

This morning, I finally managed to pick-up an in-store copy at my local Target. Apparently, it was the only copy the had left. I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend! :cool:

[quote name='TrumpetDan']It does seem like Nintendo is not shipping very many to stores. Hard to say whether it's unforseen supply issues, or they're holding back shipments to push the digital sales.
[/QUOTE]

It turns out retailers are being paid by Sony to make 3DS strategy games difficult to find. The deal was Nintendo put out Wii U and 3DS first, so they owe Sony. The harder it is to find Fire Emblem, the more sales of Disgaea 3/LKS (and Vita) they can expect, but Ninty fudged the release date. This is also tied into the coverup of the missing Wii Us in Seattle-Tacoma airport.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']It turns out retailers are being paid by Sony to make 3DS strategy games difficult to find. The deal was Nintendo put out Wii U and 3DS first, so they owe Sony. The harder it is to find Fire Emblem, the more sales of Disgaea 3/LKS (and Vita) they can expect, but Ninty fudged the release date. This is also tied into the coverup of the missing Wii Us in Seattle-Tacoma airport.[/QUOTE]

LOL, great joke there. It was a joke, right? :lol:

[quote name='moothemagiccow']It turns out retailers are being paid by Sony to make 3DS strategy games difficult to find. The deal was Nintendo put out Wii U and 3DS first, so they owe Sony. The harder it is to find Fire Emblem, the more sales of Disgaea 3/LKS (and Vita) they can expect, but Ninty fudged the release date. This is also tied into the coverup of the missing Wii Us in Seattle-Tacoma airport.[/QUOTE]

Dude whatever you're smoking, I want some.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']It does seem like Nintendo is not shipping very many to stores. Hard to say whether it's unforseen supply issues, or they're holding back shipments to push the digital sales.

I'm not actively searching, but when I happen to browse the game section, I have yet to see a single copy in any of the local Best Buys, Targets, or Walmarts out here in my area. Same goes for the couple times I've stopped in Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

According to the Walmart, target, & best buy websites, no stores within 80 miles of me have it in stock...

Huh looks like it's OOS on Gamestop. Luckily the TRU near my place has FE:A available for pick-up so I placed an order, this wait is killing me.

Edit: They canceled my order, dammit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice, hahaha! :)

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation as to why many of us still can't find a copy of this game on store shelves? I've seen loads of ads in magazines and comic books in recent months, so there's been sufficient marketing, but supply has been extremely slim.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Nice, hahaha! :)

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation as to why many of us still can't find a copy of this game on store shelves? I've seen loads of ads in magazines and comic books in recent months, so there's been sufficient marketing, but supply has been extremely slim.[/QUOTE]

it's cause the game is selling like mad...didn't you get the memo,each time it comes in,the game goes out.

[quote name='gogeta85']it's cause the game is selling like mad...didn't you get the memo,each time it comes in,the game goes out.[/QUOTE]

Well sure, it's selling like mad, but from what I understand, many stores are getting very small shipments. Where's the supply?

Question: I have the 3ds system bundle. That came with a shitty DLC copy of the game. 2 questions regarding that

1) if i get an XL later on will i be able to copy the game over to the XL and play it there? I do mean copy, njot delete and transfer

2) If it doesn't.. Will the Marth DLC that i got be able to be d.loaded on the cart version i plan on opening later on to play? I.E. is it tied to my account and usable on a cartridge copy of the game later, or is the DLC locked to whatever cart/digital copy its originally used on? Im wondering if i have to open one of my cart copies now to get the DLC if i plan on using the cart copy later

[quote name='ritchardf']seems to come back in stock in the middle of the night, then sells out quick[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, just weary about buying it and then having to wait 3 weeks for it.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Question: I have the 3ds system bundle. That came with a shitty DLC copy of the game. 2 questions regarding that

1) if i get an XL later on will i be able to copy the game over to the XL and play it there? I do mean copy, njot delete and transfer

2) If it doesn't.. Will the Marth DLC that i got be able to be d.loaded on the cart version i plan on opening later on to play? I.E. is it tied to my account and usable on a cartridge copy of the game later, or is the DLC locked to whatever cart/digital copy its originally used on? Im wondering if i have to open one of my cart copies now to get the DLC if i plan on using the cart copy later[/QUOTE]

1. I'm not 100% on this, but I do believe you'll transfer the game license to the xl and have to redownload the game.
2. The dlc is tied to your system, which will transfer to whatever system you upgrade to during the system transfer, but you'll have to download it again. I don't see why it would be any different from anything else you buy from the e-shop.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Well sure, it's selling like mad, but from what I understand, many stores are getting very small shipments. Where's the supply?[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt stores will eventually get more copies but there were quite a few "yahoos" that swore up and down this game would be very easy to find 1-2 weeks after release. Well it has been three weeks since the game launched and it is still very hard to find.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Question: I have the 3ds system bundle. That came with a shitty DLC copy of the game. 2 questions regarding that

2) If it doesn't.. Will the Marth DLC that i got be able to be d.loaded on the cart version i plan on opening later on to play? I.E. is it tied to my account and usable on a cartridge copy of the game later, or is the DLC locked to whatever cart/digital copy its originally used on? Im wondering if i have to open one of my cart copies now to get the DLC if i plan on using the cart copy later[/QUOTE]

1. no copy, only delete and transfer

So I walked into Wal Mart today and they had one copy on the shelf, it had a handmade tag that didn't say what the game was below it and it was in the glass case. Told the clerk I wanted it and she grabbed it for me and rang it up, said it was 39.99 plus tax, I said "The tag hanging below it said 19.99", she walked over and looked and sure enough it was. She had to call a manager over to override it and I walked out with Fire Emblem for 20 bucks. Score.

[quote name='Kidorangepanda']So I walked into Wal Mart today and they had one copy on the shelf, it had a handmade tag that didn't say what the game was below it and it was in the glass case. Told the clerk I wanted it and she grabbed it for me and rang it up, said it was 39.99 plus tax, I said "The tag hanging below it said 19.99", she walked over and looked and sure enough it was. She had to call a manager over to override it and I walked out with Fire Emblem for 20 bucks. Score.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling this thread is going to get a little entertaining....

[quote name='Optical']I have a feeling this thread is going to get a little entertaining....[/QUOTE]

How so? The employee should have removed the tag before putting the game on display. It's not like he wrote that tag and put it on their himself.

[quote name='Kidorangepanda']So I walked into Wal Mart today and they had one copy on the shelf, it had a handmade tag that didn't say what the game was below it and it was in the glass case. Told the clerk I wanted it and she grabbed it for me and rang it up, said it was 39.99 plus tax, I said "The tag hanging below it said 19.99", she walked over and looked and sure enough it was. She had to call a manager over to override it and I walked out with Fire Emblem for 20 bucks. Score.[/QUOTE]

You have never worked retail.

most retail stores will honor the price if that's what it's marked at on the tag...those that don't are usually the same douche's that won't let that *out of the system* zeroed-price for Tiger Woods 10 Wii Bundle go for anything less than full retail price.

[quote name='Drclaw411']You have never worked retail.[/QUOTE]

I do in fact work retail, and if a product rings up for more than the price on the shelf we give the customer the item for free. I was just wanting it for the price on the tag, wasn't my fault that it was a handamde tag for a different game.

[quote name='Kidorangepanda']I do in fact work retail, and if a product rings up for more than the price on the shelf we give the customer the item for free. I was just wanting it for the price on the tag, wasn't my fault that it was a handamde tag for a different game.[/QUOTE]

for free? holy shit.

[quote name='DesertLeo']for free? holy shit.[/QUOTE]

We had a Soniccare electric toothbrush that had a retail of 149.99. It was on sale for the week at 99.99, a lady brought one to the register and it rang at full retail, had to give it to here. Company policy.

It's not the policy that I disagree with. It's the fact that 50% of custofucks are ready to argue arrogantly and make an entitled stink about it. Even when there is 0 resistance by the cashier, the customer wants to be right and to win, so they act arrogant and entitled.

[quote name='DesertLeo']for free? holy shit.[/QUOTE]

...not sure who's avatar is the more appropriate speaker of this quote (in my mind)..DesertLeo's...or Kidorangepanda's :D

[quote name='Drclaw411']It's not the policy that I disagree with. It's the fact that 50% of custofucks are ready to argue arrogantly and make an entitled stink about it. Even when there is 0 resistance by the cashier, the customer wants to be right and to win, so they act arrogant and entitled.[/QUOTE]

Oh we get some nasty people come into the store just to complain about prices in general, but I was real nice about it :D

Hard to blame Nintendo for keeping production low. Digital sales must have a really nice profit. REALLY nice.

Last I checked Nintendo only got about $8ish on 3DS games (Wal-Mart buy/re-sell mark up).

If It's their own title and they are publishing it on their own download network? Just the cost of bandwidth really.

Can't blame them for pushing for digital sales.

Are all reputable retailers sold out of the console bundle? Newegg and TRU are both OOS. Most other retailers like J&R are in-store only at this point.

bread's done
Back