UPDATE: Pix and Vids - Gamers Nite Groove - Free Event - Free Games - NYC

I live in Brooklyn so youll definitelly see me there...the last gaming event i went to was a GC convention about a year ago...So im almost 99.9% sure that I'll be showing up.

Very cool...I'll be bringing a few CAG t-shirts to give away on a first come, first served basis.
Keep a lookout for me and my cheap ass posse.

My ass, the regular one (I'm leaving the cheap one home), along with the rest of me will be there tonight... see everyone that's going there.

The Iron Horse is my only means of transportation so, just to make sure, thats the C or E to 23rd right

[quote name='CheapyD']Very cool...I'll be bringing a few CAG t-shirts to give away on a first come, first served basis.
Keep a lookout for me and my cheap ass posse.[/quote]

Bring a 2X. Looking forward to meeting you and other CAG's

I'll have a black keychain rope dangling from my right front pocket and I'll be wearing a yankee cap, I'll also be with a really hot redheaded vixen. So don't be shy, tap me on the shoulder and say hi.

Damn its raining hard! And i got a small umbrella! If i come, you guys can recongnize me. I'll probably be the wet one.....

Just got back, pretty damn cool. I was a 6' dumpy looking asian guy with glasses carrying a hunchback-sized backpack around the whole time. Admittedly I don't know anyone else personally who'd be willing to stay for 3 hours like I did, but live chip music is awesome c/o Bitshifter and Nullsleep. Gotta love a computer keyboard converted into a 8-bit KEYTAR, complete with neck strap! And bad karaoke from Bit, but ah well. There was a neat eye-toy style full-body motion capture set of games too done by a student at Parson's.

4 17' Widescreen LCDS with Sudeki were nice, as were the 5 other LCDs set up along with a 20' projection screen. It was clear where the big money behind this thing came from, with half the space used for the music and a big screen repeating a cool behind-the-scenes The game itself seemed to be an above average action-RPG, with great production values. It has that weird American-style-mixed-with-manga look, particularly reminded me of a PC game from a few years back called Septerra Core. What'd you guys think?

Cooler than that were the 5 machines with GITAROO MAN, VIB RIBBON, JET SET RADIO FUTURE, PANZER DRAGOON SAGA and ICO.

20' projected screens with 2-player Ikaruga and Viewtiful Joe are even more awesome.

A roughly 30' giant projection ROOM just for Rez was the !@$#!@#!@.

I loved the whole "arty game philosophy" obviously evident here. The chip music was great if you're into that sorta thing (like me), which was original music done for the Game Boy and NES platforms, played "live." That meant flash card linkers and other hardware connected to the original platforms and through a mixer. You'd be damn surprised how well the original GB can do snare and bass-drum type sounds.

Cute chicks with glasses who like Gitaroo Man are a pretty nice bonus too! Even if she totally kicked my ass.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']A roughly 30' giant projection ROOM just for Rez was the !@$#!@#!@.[/quote]

HOLY fuckING HELL! AND I MISSED IT!? DAMN YOU PARENTS!!!!

Yes it was definitely fun. I just got back as well. The only regret I have is that I forgot to put my ticket number at the front sign-in desk, so I was never entered in to win Sudeki. :cry: Oh well....

If any body remember a 5'10" guy, wearing a plain white t-shirt, with black pants, a sudeki poster in his right hand, a umbrella in his left hand, low-cut hair, that was me. I dont think im going to be able to sleep today. I drank about 5 redbulls. I couldnt help it though. The lady serving the red bulls looked pretty damn fine.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Just got back, pretty damn cool. I was a 6' dumpy looking asian guy with glasses carrying a hunchback-sized backpack around the whole time. Admittedly I don't know anyone else personally who'd be willing to stay for 3 hours like I did, but live chip music is awesome c/o Bitshifter and Nullsleep. Gotta love a computer keyboard converted into a 8-bit KEYTAR, complete with neck strap! And bad karaoke from Bit, but ah well. There was a neat eye-toy style full-body motion capture set of games too done by a student at Parson's.

4 17' Widescreen LCDS with Sudeki were nice, as were the 5 other LCDs set up along with a 20' projection screen. It was clear where the big money behind this thing came from, with half the space used for the music and a big screen repeating a cool behind-the-scenes The game itself seemed to be an above average action-RPG, with great production values. It has that weird American-style-mixed-with-manga look, particularly reminded me of a PC game from a few years back called Septerra Core. What'd you guys think?

Cooler than that were the 5 machines with GITAROO MAN, VIB RIBBON, JET SET RADIO FUTURE, PANZER DRAGOON SAGA and ICO.

20' projected screens with 2-player Ikaruga and Viewtiful Joe are even more awesome.

A roughly 30' giant projection ROOM just for Rez was the !@$#!@#!@.

I loved the whole "arty game philosophy" obviously evident here. The chip music was great if you're into that sorta thing (like me), which was original music done for the Game Boy and NES platforms, played "live." That meant flash card linkers and other hardware connected to the original platforms and through a mixer. You'd be damn surprised how well the original GB can do snare and bass-drum type sounds.

Cute chicks with glasses who like Gitaroo Man are a pretty nice bonus too! Even if she totally kicked my ass.[/quote]

SOOOOO happy you liked it... :D
soooo freaking tired right now... i hope everyone else had fun... i seriously gotta thank aeveryone for coming out in the rain and making this a huge success.

seriously... i couldnt have been happier.

I'll post more soon... as soon as i sleep.

thanks again!

What i really liked the most out of the whole event, was the full body game showcase. The game was very fun and addictive. I tried it a couple of times and had alot of fun with it. The duck and jump game was a b***h! It definitely was not as easy as it looked.

Very nice event....it was great to meet the Snotknocker family and BigDirty, and to see joystickz again.
I like this new location MUCH better than the old one.
Sorry I couldn't stick around longer. Next month I promise to hang out longer.

I'm already looking forward to next month....

[quote name='CheapyD']Very nice event....it was great to meet the Snotknocker family and BigDirty, and to see joystickz again.
I like this new location MUCH better than the old one.
Sorry I couldn't stick around longer. Next month I promise to hang out longer.

I'm already looking forward to next month....[/quote]

Yeah it was a nice event, and it was really great to finally meet you and Mrs. CheapyD in person. I practically had to club my son to sleep last night, he was riding high after meeting you and getting a copy of Sudeki. I was quite impressed at how the whole thing was setup and am looking forward to the next one also. It was cool meeting BigDirty and joystickz.

joystickz and his crew are doing a great job with these gamer nights and the snotknocker clan sends their appreciation and thanks :applause:

Next gamer night I'll be bringing a larger gang of gamers with me.

Once again thanks to Cheapy and joystickz, you guys are doing a great justice for gamers everywhere and for the gaming industry in general. I feel honored to be a CAG and if there is ever anything I can do for either of you guys all you gotta do is say the word. :notworth:

I agree, it was a great event. Props to Joystickz and his crew for putting this together. :applause: Didnt get a copy of sudeki but I got some hands-on time with it. The music was pretty cool except for some people and their crazy dancing. Also got to play a game ive always wanted to play which was vib-ribbon. If anybody caught a glimpse of a guy in a black and red ecko sweater owning vib-ribbon, that was me. :lol:

i hope that the next event will be fighting.......because im willing to slaughter anybody and i do mean anybody in super smash brothers......

yea it was a cool event ill definetly be heading to more in the future cause i got me a copy of sudeki , anyone kno what those imacs were for just curious ....

[quote name='jam3582']yea it was a cool event ill definetly be heading to more in the future cause i got me a copy of sudeki , anyone kno what those imacs were for just curious ....[/quote]

yes...
the iMacs were there earlier (6-8pm) to display some student made games from Eyebeam's summer program.

Eyebeam is a great place to check out aside of when GNG is happening there. tons of great video game/interactive/installation/technology kind of projects on display.

check their website - http://www.eyebeam.org/

the manhattan venue is rennovating, but they have another venue opening soon...

Also... thanks again for coming out!
Congrats on Sudeki (and your first post!) I hope you enjoy it!

joystickz, how often does Gamer Nite Groove happen? I'm not old enough to drive, but once I am, you better believe I'll be there.

Just curious, who was wearing what anyway? I didn't spot cheapyD and I was there from 8:15 to 12 :roll: sad but true. Didn't win a copy of Sudeki but at least I got to play it.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Anybody have any pics of the event?[/quote]

I'll have pics up before the end of the week.
check back here soon.

[quote name='suga']Just curious, who was wearing what anyway? I didn't spot cheapyD and I was there from 8:15 to 12 :roll: sad but true. Didn't win a copy of Sudeki but at least I got to play it.[/quote]

I was wearing a burgandy polo (and then switched to my new CAG t-shirt after I hooked up with Cheapy) w/ blue yankee cap. I'm was the big bruiser kinda guy scouting the scene with the pretty long haired redhead and awestruck looking kid.

I was away on vacation this past week, so I didn't get a chance to go. I'm definitely looking forward to next month's though. Please let us know whenever you get details about it!

So... pics?

WOW sorry this took so long...

here are some pix, links to pix, and vids of the event...

thanks again to everyone who came out!
more on the next event VERY VERY soon.
GNG_July04_01.jpg

bigger pix...
GNG_July04_02.jpg

GNG_July04_03.jpg

some vids....HUUUge right now... willbe coded down very soon...
but if you have the time... feel free.
http://game.newyork-tokyo.com/GNG_JULY04_reel01.mov
http://game.newyork-tokyo.com/GNG_JULY04_fullbodygame01.mov

bread's done
Back