UPDATE: XBOX Silent Scope Complete Deal(s), Rebates, Light Rifle PIX

Mr. Rhee

CAGiversary!
reg price: $40
ships 2/11/04

EB instore coupon, trade 4 (non-sports/blacklisted) games in for XBOX Silent Scope Complete Game. but must do trade BEFORE game ships as a pre-order before 2/09 or 2/10.

BB will also get the game for $40, so $35 after GGC

now here's the most important part:

BB currently has the Sniper Rifle Light Gun available in stores for $50/$45ggc, but the game has not shipped yet. but less than 5-10 rifles per store and possibly far less, I checked the instore BB regional inventory and out of 20+ BBs in my region, only 75 guns.

Gamestop is offering a $10 rebate if you buy the bundle (game$40/gun$50) from them as a pre-order but they have no idea how the rebate works or where the rebate form is. The rebate deal is listed in their recent magalog (not GI), instore circular, but no rebate details are available. and they do not have the GUN yet.

keep this part in mind, at this point in time EB stores WILL NOT be getting the sniper rifle in. In fact, the EB employees are going to BB to buy the guns.

so if you've been waiting for this game/gun bundle act now.

here's what I did:

bought the rifle from BB for $45.
pre-ordered the game from EB by trading in 4 games for it. They did not take haven or jrsf/segagt from me, but they took gungrave, freaky flyers, etc.

now to get more bang for your buck, if you haven't bought the other XBOX light gun game "House of the Dead 3", wait till 2/18/04 because it is being re-released at a new low price of $19.99. Not sure if it's going to be a platinum hit, but it will be only $20 new, online and instores and perhaps $15ggc@BB. Smart move by Sega milking the release of Silent Scope.

here's a link/pic for the light rifle and $10 rebate info (thanks metroidkiller9)
https://shop1.outpost.com/product/3931958

Damn, I cant believe the gun is that much money. I was really getting psyched for this game, but seeing that it will be an 80-90 dollar investment is starting to sour me some.

gun is worth it.

it has removable scope to use rifle as pump-action shotgun. and when you place your eye to the scope, your game screen for SScomplete will zoom in. plus gun works with HOTD3/2 ($20). and SScomplete ($40) comes w/ games 1,2,3 and new extra game.

imo, I don't believe it will ever be as hot as Steel Battalion was on ebay but perhaps a close second. it may be close to $100 for gun alone in no time flat on ebay.

good luck.

3931958.big.jpg

Rebate info:

game and gun must be purchased 2/10-3/10/04

up to 2 rebates per household (generous)

so in the end $80 for SS game/gun bundle + extra $20 for HOTD3 = $100 for awesome light sniper rifle/shotgun and 6 games. Yes, 6 games.

Silent Scope Complete has 4 games
House of the Dead 3 has 2 games (part 2 can be unlocked)

not a bad deal, considering EB's trade-in deal for SSC game. Now I have to return and re-buy my Light rifle from BB because the rebate dates start on 2/10.

I'm really tempted to buy this since I have always liked games that require "special" type controllers but I'm not sure how much I'll like the game since I only played it a few times in the arcade, I think I might just buy the gun and HoTD 3 and then try to find Silent Scope Complete on sale in a few months.

Thanks for the info about the rebate, seems like a great deal.

Mr. Rhee, any comments about the construction of the gun? Quality material, nothing cheap? How accurate is it when playing a game?

Also? How long is it, approximately? I might have to ship this one directly to my house.

ok i got some bad news!! i bought that scope gun from bb for 50 and i was all excited to try out my house of the dead3 on it! so i hooked it up on my 65inch hd tv and booted up my xbox. (btw if ur left handed ur screwed cant wield this rifle on ur left side cuz thats where they placed the d pad!!!) it took me to the calibration screen and thats where all the crap started! calibration was hard as mofo and i never got it to work!
and kick back feature on that gun was just HORRIBLE!!! back of the box says its the best linear kickback blah blah blah~ man it sucked!! i took it back to bb cuz i though (hopefuly) it was defected! I'm gonna go pick up another one tomorrow and try it out again. any one know a site with this scope gun review? i been searching everywhere and i couldnt find one...

will the gun work with games like starsky and hutch? If you dismantle yhe gun to use as a shotgun, do you really have to pump it every time?

Hey guys, I bought this gun from Best Buy about a week ago and I'm pretty pleased with it. The first gun I bought was defective and kept telling me to insert a controller and press start, but after I took it back and got it replaced, I'm pleased with the quality. I have a 36" HDTV so I've been waiting for a good gun for HOTD3 and this one is pretty accurate as far as light guns go. The guy above who had trouble with the calibration is having that trouble because he's probably trying to use it on a rear projection TV (light guns don't work correctly on those).

So the light gun works great in shot gun form for HOTD3. It auto reloads, but if you play HOTD3 correctly you'll want to reload on your own a lot so you always have a full clip before entering a new area. It's pretty neat to pump the gun and then see your character mimic your action on screen. I went through the game with no problems so that can attest for the accuracy. I was never able to beat the game with the Mad Catz blaster on a normal TV, so I think it's a lot more accurate.

I did have a few problems with the gun though. I could not get it to work on the unlocked HOTD2. I also could not calibrate it very well for Starksy & Hutch. I attribute most of this to Starsky & Hutch's terrible calibration screen though. I think if you tried enough times you could eventually get it calibrated correctly.

The construction of the gun is pretty sturdy so there is nothing to worry about there. Don't expect too much from the kickback feature though as my gun just made a whirring noise and barely moved. I obviously haven't tried out the rifle configuration yet, since Silent Scope Complete hasn't released yet.

ALERT! I will be getting these very soon direct from Pelican and will be creating a great special on these. You might want to wait till I get these next week before buying. Solid chance I can beat any deals you see.

No offense, Defender, I like your site, but I couldn't recommend buying this product over the internet to people. I know I'm not the only one that got a faulty gun the first time as I've seen other people on other forums post about defective light rifles. It's a good product, but I know I wouldn't be happy with it right now if I had ordered online and had to go through an online return process. I never have a problem ordering games online, but with hardware I usually prefer to buy in-store. It's just easier and faster to return defective items. I guess if you offer this at much cheaper than in-store though, it could be worth chancing that it will be a good gun.

[quote name='defender']ALERT! I will be getting these very soon direct from Pelican and will be creating a great special on these. You might want to wait till I get these next week before buying. Solid chance I can beat any deals you see.[/quote]

any luck? please lmk, deeply interested in game/gun bundles or just guns.

[quote name='Indonesia']defender, will be the shipping also 3.99 flat?[/quote]

no way in hell the shipping's going to be 3.99, unless they are going to ship it media mail.

[quote name='Mr. Rhee']the rifle is not compatible with LCD/Projection tvs. so calibration may suck.[/quote]To clarify, it will not work with DLP or LCD RPTVs. It can work with CRT-based RPTVs though (but it depends on the tv).

If you get it online you really shouldn't have a problem returning it to a Best Buy or circuit city if it's defective. It just has to be a valid upc in their inventory, they'll give you store credit but you can definetly return it or exchange it.

here's what you can say "My grandmother sent me this for my birthday but she lives on the west coast, and I'm not sure where she got it, could i just return it here?"

They'll say yes if it's in the inventory.

Yeah I will be working on a deal for a bundle.

And currently the $3.99 deal is not pound limited. I have shipped 20 lbs boxes and only charge $3.99 to the customers. My goal is to keep it that way. Even though I lose on shipping most packages I feel I gain customers. Once everyone here is converted and I have driven best buy out of business then of course I will charge triple for shipping.

Testing before shipping is not a bad idea. As of right now, I know 5 people online that have bought the gun. Out of those 5, 3 had to return their first gun because it was defective. Everyone's second rifle works fine though.

The defective guns just keep telling you to reinsert a controller into the port and press start. You can't use the gun at all because every time you point it at the screen the "insert controller" message pops up. You'd definitely know if you got a defective one.

when is this gun released? i know some people on this board have them and got them from best buy, but i was just there today and didn't see any in stock...

are there any other pelaces where i can get it?

thanks

Defender, what is the deal you are offering on the game/gun? Also, is it possible for you to print up a reciept with the order? There is a $10 mail in rebate if you buy the game and gun on the same reciept.

you can print invoice receipt at the site ...or even from your email...

lmk when you order if you have problems on the rebate..I buy direct from Pelican and can make sure it gets honored..where is the rebate? I want to read the conditions.

-Jesse

i been trying that link for the rebate for a while now(like 5 times). All it seems to do is freeze my screen and not respond. My acrobat doesnt open. The outpost download doesnt work for me. It also says the rebate exp date is 02-10-04, on the outpost site, which is tommorrow. Is it even worth it to download and buy the gun tommorrow. any other links to it?

The rebate form says that the offer is valid from 2/10 to 3/10. You have to have the gun and game on the same reciept. I don't know what to tell you if you can't open it, it works fine on both of my PCs.

But does that say BOTH on the same receipt?

I would just send in two receipts. I bought the game from eb but I have not bought the gun yet. I doubt they would kick the rebate if I send in two receipts.

Kevin

Sorry..been really busy. I think I will have the guns tomorrow and the game the day after.

I will let you know about the deal tomorrow. I will post it here.

I went to best buy to get it but they did not have it yet. I guess it will be a competition between defender and best buy to see who can be slower.

I am posting the bundle now for $79.99 and I will start a new thread for it.

Obviously because of the price there are LOTS of coupons you can apply toward this.

Give me 5 mins to post the deal and the link.

Thanks Defender just got mine!!!......I think.....no yeah..........maybe I didn't.......well I got an invoice so yeah....ummm. yeah.....I hope.

Something was wrong with your website but I think I finally got it.Thanks!!

is it cool if i send the rebate with 2 differnet reciepts? I bought the gun at Best Buy 2 weeks ago and I will buy the game this weekend.

re: rebate

the rebate offer starts on 2/10 so if you bought the gun early it may not qualify, but hopefully they are reasonable with honoring your receipts. or call the # on the rebate for info:
800-331-3844

ok, i HAVE to ask this of the people who actually bought the gun so i dont waste money:

it doesnt look like theres a monitor in the scope like in the arcades, from the images ive seen, its sorta like a fish lens? so that the pinhole sized section of the screen the scope is aimed at is magnified.

i would DEFINITELY get it if it was like the arcade with the mini-monitor in the scope itself, but if its a dinky lens, i'll pass. so whats up?

bread's done
Back