(UPDATE!) XBX Halo 2 Promo Pack explained - Save $$$ w/o GGC - $17.99 shipped

Mr. Rhee

CAGiversary!
(I'm going to try to add current prices @ BB to the list; maybe some CAGers can help)

Lots of misinfo regarding what's inside the promo pack featured here;
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...92821&type=product&productCategoryId=cat08127

I bought 6 of them last weekend for a XBOX Lan Party, so here goes:

First of all, it is still mislabeled $40 at some Best Buy locations. It is only $20. Use the GGC to get it for $15.

Inside is a Datel XB controller, w/ turbo functions but beware, it is packaged very poorly. So when you go out to your car, open it up, check out the analog sticks, because they may be broken. Also, before you buy the promo box, MAKE SURE it has not been opened and re-sealed because someone may have stolen the coupons or returned it w/o coupons. I saw many like this.

Someone stated that the coupons expire at the end of 2004. NO, they expire 02/28/04. Most are $5, some $10.

here you go (all xbox):
prices are before coupon

$5 off
NFL Fever 2004
Project Gotham Racing 2 - $50
Counter Strike - $50
Soul Calibur 2 - $50
Kill Switch
Matrix
D&D Heroes - $30
Magic Battlegrounds - $30
Terminator 3 - $20
Star Wars KOTOR - $50
Ghost Recon Island Thunder - $30
XIII - $50
Prince of Persia - $50
Beyond Good & Evil - $20
Tony Hawk Underground - $50
True Crime - $50
NBA JAM
Freedom Fighters
Tiger Woods 2004
Backyard Wrestling
Whiplash
Dynasty Warriors 4
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
NFL Blitz Pro
NHL Hitz Pro
Spy Hunter 2
ESPN NFL Football
ESPN NHL Hockey
Haunted Mansion - $20
WWE Raw 2
XB30 Carrying Case
Logitech Wireless Controller -$70
Eclipse Wireless Controller -$40
MC2 Racing Wheel
Mad Catz Controller
Action Replay
Any PRIMA guide $14.99+
XBOX Offical Controller S - $30
XBOX Music Mixer

$10
Pelican System Selector Pro - $100
7.2" LCD Screen

---------
Even though the coupons are not stackable, if you buy this and need several games on this list it helps to avoid buying GGCs. Plus, BB may not have anticipated the huge price drops on some of the titles mentioned above because they did not include any minimum price points for the games.

i.e.

XBX BG&E Now $20 - $5 = $15
but if it drops to $15 or $10, these coupons are still valid. GGCs don't work below $19.99. these coupons do.
---------
Plus BB originally planned on selling the promo kit for $40. Now it's $20. I don't think they thought I'd be using a GGC for it. If they drop the kit down to 19.98, your GGC won't work on it, so buy it now if you need to.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...92821&type=product&productCategoryId=cat08127

And yes, sometimes the cashier will let you stack if you don't get greedy. Remember, the coupons expire 2/28/04 but they do not have minimum pricing. Plus you get a spare controller.

Good Luck. have Fun. and make sure to use BB's online zip code locator to make sure your BB has it instock. It is sold out at some stores and I believe BB may pull them and include them as a free gift w/ XBOX in a few weeks (when the console price comes down).

;)

(excuse any spelling errors, just got back from shopping/pricescanning)

My TRU has a sign that says that they do and they have before. so YMMV. even w/ CC, their policy is to accept coupons, but some CCs don't.

but even if TRU doesn't accept competitors coupons, they have plenty of their own coupons offline/online.

sidenote, there is a coupon sku code on the BB coupons, but they don't accept them online. I'm going to try to work something out tomorrow, see if they'll manually apply the coupon over the phone. doubt it, but we'll see.

they're ok. a few of the players liked them. it took a little time to adjust, but the controller is simply a bonus. I would have bought the coupon book for $15 by itself.

for 15 bucks the controller & coupon book is a pretty good deal. I can't belive BB actually wanted 40 for it at one time. I know the BB by my house has like 20 of these things. But I'm filled with games to finish so I'm set for a few months. Unless something really cheap comes along.

I found one of the coupon books laying on the ground at my local BB and asked an employee about it and She said I could have it. So I got it for Free, I didn't know about this deal until just now so I am going to have to go back.

BB online has 10% off game access, including this bundle. So it's only $17.99 shipped if you can't find it locally.

went w/ my buddy to BB today. he wanted XBX True Crime, so we tried this and it worked:

$50 regular price
$45 sale price w/ free Halo 2 bundle/coupon book
$5 off w/GGC
$5 off w/ True Crime coupon inside Halo 2 bundle
-----------------
so for $35, he got XB True Crime and free bundle w/ controller inside

then used the XB $5 BG&E coupon + another $5 GGC to get BG&E for $10.

so, ymmv but you may be able to stack the GGC w/ the Halo2Bundle coupons. but make sure to scan the ggc FIRST, then the other coupon or it won't work.

ymmv, took a printout to BB of the onlin $17.99 price and was allowed to apply GGC to it, so got the bundle for $13. more than worth it for coupons/controller inside.

it seems BB will do anything to dump these because the coupons expire at the end of this month.

bread's done
Back