[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

[quote name='PezRadar']2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
"[/QUOTE]

Come on, coolcolt, read the restrictions that have been posted numerous times in this thread. Like, one post before yours, no less.

[quote name='argyle']The lesson I learned was no extended warranties from BB, especially on big items. As I told one of the higher ups at the warranty place during this episode, all they care about is getting that extra $$ tacked onto the sale price - once the item's out the door, they're done with it.[/quote]

I guess i should tell you my good experience with CC's warranty. I bought a 50in lcd projection in Oct 2003, then a few months ago it all started going wacky, with weird colors and whatnot. Did a little research and called them and told them what i thought was wrong with it(light engine). Tech came out, installed it, and everything was good. Guy even told me it was a $2000 part(though that sounds a bit expensive) and that it is the heart of the tv, so i basically got a new tv with all the latest improvements to picture.
I originally only bought the warranty because they said i could get a bulb replacement for free with it - which usually cost a couple hundred anyway.

My local EB had the "3 gets extra $10" trade going on, but he didn't know anything about the Pink/Black DS Lite trade promo. I'm hoping it'll show up or is really in effect, seeing as I'm all set to trade my old DS in next week.

No luck so far. One I called knew nothing about and didn't want to help me at all. So I drove over to the other one where they usually are more helpful and he said he heard about the promotion but wasn't sure. He made 2 calls both of them told him it wasn't going on. He then checked through his emails for awhile and read them trying to find it for me and he couldn't find it in his email. So he said sorry and I walked out with my bag full of games dissapointed. I guess I just don't have the balls to call corporate office right there in the store.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']I'm sure I saw this somewhere on here before but couldn't find it again... does EB credit work at GS and vice versa?[/quote]

yup, at most places. Some still might be a little behind.

Love my Gamestop--just traded in stuff I'd been holding onto for a while (include Zelda collector's edition -which netted me a pretty $28.00, and I didn't have to worry about shipping it, or ebay/paypal fees), they also let me buy and trade-in and buy AGAIN and trade in 5 Max Payne's (which I purchased for $1.99 (less 10% More card), anyway, trading in a bunch of stuff I haven't touched in years (if ever), even traded in the Suikoden Tactics I picked up for a 5 dollar profit...all told netted a nice $158.00....

I just had the guy at EB refuse to sell me nine $2.99 and under games, he told me I could only buy 3 at a time if I was going to flip them. And he told me with the new 3 for $10.00 deal you will only get the $10.00 not the 10% edge card bonus or what the game originally traded in before the promos.

The best part is when I walked in and asked about the deal he told me it was not going on, but when I brought up the 9 used games to buy all of a sudden he knew about the deal and what I was trying to do.

What sucks is I have about 12-15 games that I want to get rid of that are part of my own collection, and this EB is the best store for my pre-orders because my wife works about 1/2 mile away, and she can pick the games up for me during her lunch break. I would hate for this guy, who I think is the new manager of this store, to be such a dick about these deals since there are about 5-6 games I want to pre-order plus I have about 4-5 pre-ordered there already that I wanted to use this deal to pay off.

[quote name='ajh2298']I just had the guy at EB refuse to sell me nine $2.99 and under games, he told me I could only buy 3 at a time if I was going to flip them. And he told me with the new 3 for $10.00 deal you will only get the $10.00 not the 10% edge card bonus or what the game originally traded in before the promos.

The best part is when I walked in and asked about the deal he told me it was not going on, but when I brought up the 9 used games to buy all of a sudden he knew about the deal and what I was trying to do.[/QUOTE]

Smart employee. :lol:

I've befriended the guys and gals at my local gamestop over the years, in fact, theyknow that I always play the angles, they laugh when they see me come in with a bag full of games.

[quote name='loserboy']I've befriended the guys and gals at my local gamestop over the years, in fact, theyknow that I always play the angles, they laugh when they see me come in with a bag full of games.[/QUOTE]

I have an EB like that but its in another area of town that a pain in the ass to go to because of lack of parking, I am super cool with the manager but this is like the fourth or fifth EB that he has worked at since I have known him and I try and shop at whatever store he is at. When I did my real big trades(147 and 39 games) in July I took my games to him because I thought it would help him get a bonus, but he said it didnt.

[quote name='ajh2298']I have an EB like that but its in another area of town that a pain in the ass to go to because of lack of parking, I am super cool with the manager but this is like the fourth or fifth EB that he has worked at since I have known him and I try and shop at whatever store he is at. When I did my real big trades(147 and 39 games) in July I took my games to him because I thought it would help him get a bonus, but he said it didnt.[/QUOTE]

This store is literally 300 feet from my front door. I have to admit, i've got it pretty sweet, i'm a middle school teacher at a school that I walk to, and everyday on the way home, I pop into my Gamestop for a cordial visit (I usually see students buying M rated games, so I threaten I'll let their parents know when their grades drop, or if I think they've been up all night playing videogames). This gamestop is on its 4th manager since it opened, but I manage to find a way to charm them with my stellar personality...i also give them heads up on their deals (as I usually know before they do thanks to CAG)...

Stores should be well aware of this promotion. They did receive signs and e-mails this weekend. If you run into an issue just call up corp works everytime.

Edge/GI stacks with the promotion too.

[quote name='loserboy']This store is literally 300 feet from my front door. I have to admit, i've got it pretty sweet, i'm a middle school teacher at a school that I walk to, and everyday on the way home, I pop into my Gamestop for a cordial visit (I usually see students buying M rated games, so I threaten I'll let their parents know when their grades drop, or if I think they've been up all night playing videogames). This gamestop is on its 4th manager since it opened, but I manage to find a way to charm them with my stellar personality...i also give them heads up on their deals (as I usually know before they do thanks to CAG)...[/QUOTE]

Thats why I like using the store I went to today because why wife works right there and she passes it everyday at lunch.

[quote name='PezRadar']You can't stack promos.. Only GI/EDGE Card and thats it
[/quote]
Ack, that kind of kills the Pokemon mystery dungeon thing. No offense Pez, but has anybody tried stacking the pmd preorder and trade 3 get $10 yet? I wouldn't doubt you, but I seem to recall that preordering with your trades gives you an extra 10% which stacked with the other bonuses.

Edit: nm Pez. It looks like you know what you're talking about. I'm going to try anyway though :)

[quote name='ajh2298']I dont know if this helps at all but here are some of the cheaper games B&M to pick up at GS and EB to help take advantage of this deal.

PS2
Power Drome Racing
Max Payne
Max Payne 2-(only the new version is a $1.99)
GT3
RTX Red Rock
THPS 3
Unison

XBOX
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Ghost Recon
Mech Assult
Splinter Cell
Crimson Skies
Rainbow Six
Quantum Redshift

I am sure there are more but these are the ones I remembered using in July.[/QUOTE]

hmm...I notice ebgames.com raised the price of Rainbow Six 3, Crimson Skies to $3.99. Also to Brute Force which used to be a $2.99 game

[quote name='VulSuck']Ack, that kind of kills the Pokemon mystery dungeon thing. No offense Pez, but has anybody tried stacking the pmd preorder and trade 3 get $10 yet? I wouldn't doubt you, but I seem to recall that preordering with your trades gives you an extra 10% which stacked with the other bonuses.

Edit: nm Pez. It looks like you know what you're talking about. I'm going to try anyway though :)[/QUOTE]

The 10% preorder bonus stacked with Trade 3 was YMMV. Many of us got it to work (when we weren't told the preorder promo was over :roll:). So probably the same on these new promos - you can try, but don't expect it to work.

I'm still pissed at the one store that wouldn't stack Edge with the Trade 3 deal though - where the manager was dead firm sure that was not allowed and when I told him other stores were doing it he said they were wrong and would get in trouble :rofl:. Funny thing is he was sure they WERE allowed to take Jampacks. So I dumped multiple free Japmacks (from Best Buy) there - made me feel better about losing the Edge bonus :lol: (This was the last promo - I haven't been in yet this time - it would be interesting to see if they take Jampacks still).

------------------

Anyway, when you do trades, please post the trade-in values (before any bonus) here so we can add them to the wiki! We haven't had many updates in the last month and some of the prices might have changed quite a bit. The ONLY WAY it gets updated is if people post their prices here. It's not some magic CAG trade-in price feed from GS corporate after all - it is all built up from CAG's individual reports from their trades.

[quote name='evophile']hmm...I notice ebgames.com raised the price of Rainbow Six 3, Crimson Skies to $3.99. Also to Brute Force which used to be a $2.99 game[/QUOTE]

Yep your right also Amped went up to $4.99 and it used to be $2.99, but Project Gotham Racing has gone down to $2.99.

[quote name='Chrono72090']Traded 12 games for a total of $120 in credit after the more card. Reserved Okami :D[/QUOTE]

Anyway, when you do trades, please post the trade-in values (before any bonus) here so we can add them to the wiki! We haven't had many updates in the last month and some of the prices might have changed quite a bit. The ONLY WAY it gets updated is if people post their prices here. It's not some magic CAG trade-in price feed from GS corporate after all - it is all built up from CAG's individual reports from their trades.

At least try and give back to the community.

Traded in the following, before bonus.

Ps2:
Sonic Heroes $5.00
Kill Switch $2.50
Tak & Power Of JuJu $3.00
Gadget Racers $1.50
Crash Nitro Kart $9.00
Swing Away Golf $1.00
Max Payne $1.00

Xbox:
Fable $4.00
World Poker Tour $3.00

[quote name='Roufuss']At least try and give back to the community.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Roufuss, saved me some typing!

I was going to add toocool17's prices to the Wiki right now but it seems to be down again :cry:.

I trade in three games today for a net total of $35, which I applied toward a DS Lite Onyx pre-order. Couldn't get 10% extra for using trade-ins for preorder, but I did get the edge card bonus.

Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) - $3

Hulk Ulitmate Destruction (PS2) - $7

Suikoden Tactics (PS2) - $11

And I also traded in the PS2 Headset that I never used for $5, which I used toward the Final Fantasy XII Collector Edition.

A question for anyone who's done this. Does the extra 10% from the Edge card add onto the pre-$10 bonus values, or the post-$10 bonus values?

I think it always pre-bonus, as Beyond Good and Evil said 3, then 3.30, then the after value with the 10 bonus part added to it.

[quote name='DustBoogie']A question for anyone who's done this. Does the extra 10% from the Edge card add onto the pre-$10 bonus values, or the post-$10 bonus values?[/quote]

Post-bonus for me. Depends how the clerk adds the $10. Usually at mine they add $10 to one games, and the extra $1 gets tacked onto that.

Mine are usually post-bonus. The ones I did today had the 10% after all the 3.33 bonuses.

From what I did today:
NDS:
Burnout Legends - $8
PS2:
Mad Maestro - $1
Mortal Kombat: Deception - $6
Powerdrome - $1
Project: Snowblind - $2
Shadow of Rome - $9
Smuggler's Run - $1
Total Overdose - $4
Yanya Caballista - $1
Total after Bonuses: $69.24
Bought Summon Night - $31.49 left to add on to the card.

So, in all, no real changes. Though, Shadow of Rome wasn't in the Wiki before, IIRC.

GCN
Metroid Prime $1.50
Super Monkey Ball 2 $6
Mega Man Anniversary $5

PS2
Katamari Damacy $9
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology $12
Hot Shots Golf Fore $6

With the extra 10% Edge card the total in credit was $65.45, $40 of paid off the pre-order Pink NDS & the other $20 went towards Big Brain Academy, both for my wife.

I came away with only $5.45 in credit.

*sniff*

Here's what I got for my trade-ins today, before the $10 and Edge Card bonuses:

PS2
Gran Turismo 4: $8
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal: $5

Xbox
Fable: Lost Chapters: $4
Indigo Prophecy: $6
Jade Empire LE: $5
Project Gotham Racing 2: $1
Sid Meier's Pirates!: $11

DS
Battles of Prince of Persia: $6
WarioWare Touched: $7

After all the bonuses were added in, I came away with $91.30 in credit, which I'm hoping will pay for nearly half a Wii in a couple months.

Just made a total of $34.50 in trade-ins for 6 PS2 games that I bought for $1-2 a piece. Dead Rising will be mine soon enough.:applause:

According to the Wiki, an Eyetoy buy itself gets $8 but an Eyetoy Groove bundle with the Eyetoy only gets $4. Can anyone confirme the current trade-in price for an Eyetoy? I have a couple extra I wouldn't mind getting rid of as every Eyetoy game I've bought has come with the camera.

I got shorted today on my trip. The manager was pissed off and throwing things and complaining about being busy and alone. After I got home I looked at my receipt, to updat the Wiki. I noticed I didn't get $10 on set of 3 and I got charged $5 refurb fee. When I called back, the guy said that I didn't get the bonus on the 3 that needed to be refurb. Shouldn't he told me that before he completed the transaction? These games were brand new and opened right before I went in. I have a call coming from the district manager.

I just get really pissed at poor customer service and immaturity. Recently, I tried to get back a $10 deposit I put down on a preorder. The guy said it was taken out of the system. I showed him the receipt with the depsoit on. He took my receipt and my info and was sending it out to somewhere. I never heard from them again. This crap just sucks. I am going to nail them on this deal!!

Had to hunt around for an EB/GS that was actually running the promotion (Apparently, nobody looks at their promotion shit until tuesday night) and traded in 9 games.

DS:

Guilty Gear - 9.00
Lost in Blue - 11.00

PS2:

Final Fantasy X - 10.00
Phantom Brave - 7.00
Wild Arms 3 - 2.50
Viewtiful Joe - 3.00
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven - 3.00
Spy Hunter - 1.50
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - 4.00

Got them to stack the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon deal with the Trade 3 get $10 so I came out with $97.32

[quote name='pop311']Quick question. Is it technically OK to trade in 3 of the same game for the 3 for 10?[/QUOTE]

Most stores will not let you trade in two, let alone three, of the same game at the same time.... but it's somewhat YMMV, as you can occasionally get a cashier who doesn't care.

Lucky for me, I have an EBgames and Gamestop in my mall. *pumps fist*

Quick question, if I get credit on a "Charge Card," can they put credit on it from both EBgames and Gamestop?

Or do they only put credit on the reciept. I remember they used to put it on reciepts, but that was a while back and I haven't traded in games in a while.

Thanks! I intend to milk this for all it's worth.

does anyone know what Crazy Taxi 3(XB) fetches?

Also, will they accept Top Spin/NCAA 2005 Football? Sega GT 2002/Jet Grind Radio?

So I bought 15 XBOX games from two other GameStops for a total of $42.31, and I traded them all in (some duplicates) to the manager at a local GS that I know doesn't care how many duplicates I trade in. My final total? $70.40.

So not only did I make almost $30 as a result of this trade in deal, with that money I paid Okami in full, put $5 on the FFXII limited guide, and the rest on FFXII.. so considering I am a CAG whose money burns a hole in pocket, I stopped myself from spending that $40 on other games and ensured that I will be able to pay for two games that I am greatly anticipating.

Not to mention I still have access to five other GameStops :)

All of the following games are XBOX titles, and all of them have a trade in value of $1.

Mech Assault
Ghost Recon
Project Gotham Racing
Nightcaster
Quantum Redshift
Max Payne
Kabuki Warriors
Splinter Cell

In addition to those, Max Payne 2 XBOX has a trade in value of $.50.

Thanks for letting me know about this deal!

Went to the gs here today. Traded in following before $10 extra:

PS2
Tony Hawk Amer. Wasteland $8
Lego Racers 2 $4
SSX 3 $4
Red Faction $1
Crash Bandicoot Wraith Cortex $5
Splashdown Rides Gone Wild $1

I used some of the credit to buy a "More Card" and when I bought my games he gave me the 10% off each game plus the 10% extra credit per game after adding on the $10 credit for trading in 3. Long story short Ex: Instead of the $8 for Tony Hawk I got $12.10. Made up for yesterdays debacle.

[quote name='pop311']does anyone know what Crazy Taxi 3(XB) fetches?

Also, will they accept Top Spin/NCAA 2005 Football? Sega GT 2002/Jet Grind Radio?[/QUOTE]

They accepted my copy Sega GT 2002/Jet Grind during the last promo.

[quote name='mer71']I got shorted today on my trip. The manager was pissed off and throwing things and complaining about being busy and alone. After I got home I looked at my receipt, to updat the Wiki. I noticed I didn't get $10 on set of 3 and I got charged $5 refurb fee. When I called back, the guy said that I didn't get the bonus on the 3 that needed to be refurb. Shouldn't he told me that before he completed the transaction? These games were brand new and opened right before I went in. I have a call coming from the district manager.

I just get really pissed at poor customer service and immaturity. Recently, I tried to get back a $10 deposit I put down on a preorder. The guy said it was taken out of the system. I showed him the receipt with the depsoit on. He took my receipt and my info and was sending it out to somewhere. I never heard from them again. This crap just sucks. I am going to nail them on this deal!![/QUOTE]

Wow, that totally sucks... although it really doesn't surprise me.

A guy at a local Gamestop was bragging to me about how they(his store) will look over the discs very carefully and charge a refurb fee for even the smallest blemish... even a single fingerprint. Then I picked out a used game and sure enough the disc they gave me had a few scratches.

Make sure that you tell the DM that they games were pretty much brand new when you traded them, and also that the clerk did NOT advise you that there would be a refurb fee.

Just be careful in the future and always take note of how much they are giving you on trade-ins before you sign off on the trade.

I just wanted to post my transaction for the wiki. These are all before the bonus.

PSP:
Virtua Tennis $5
Kingdom of Paradise $6

PS2:
Capcom vs. SNK 2 (disc only) $14
Getaway black monday $3
MLB 2006 $7

Xbox:
Rocky Legends $2.50
Auto Modellista $1
Unreal Championship Liandri $1
Brothers in Arms Road to hill 30 $3
Halo $4
Halo 2 $20
Mafia $2

GC
Mario Baseball $17

So I got about $115 all together with the bonus.

I've been waiting for this deal to clean house on some of my old games that I won't touch again & that aren't worth anything anyway. Here's what I traded today (prices before bonus/Edge):

PS2:

Nanobreaker - 2.50
Samurai Warriors: XL - 10.00
Dynasty Warriors 3 - 2.00
Hot Shots Golf Fore - 6.00
Everblue 2 - 1.50 (I've owned this for at least 2 year, and NEVER even put it in the system...)
Shox - 1.00
Burnout Revenge - 8.00
Second Sight - 1.50
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness - 2.00
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - 3.00
Kuon - 6.00
Driver: Parallel Lines - 5.00
Destroy All Humans - 8.00
NBA Street Vol 2 - 2.50
Tenchu: Fatal Shadows - 7.00
Hunter The Reckoning - 2.00
Siren - 2.50
GTA 3 - 1.00
GTA:VC - 2.00
Terminator 3: ROTM - 1.50
Dynasty Warriros 3: XL - 2.50

Xbox:

Lord of the Rings - 5.87
Goldeneye - 1.00
Alias - 1.00
Big Mutha Truckers 2 - 1.00

Gamecube:

Mario Golf - 7.00
Sonic Heroes - 4.00
Starfox Adventures - 2.00

DS:

Meteos - 9.00
Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble - 5.00

Total after bonus/Edge card - $230.34

I used part of that to finish paying off a couple of pre-orders, FFXII:CE & PSU, and have $177 left over thats going towards my PS3. :)

[quote name='DustBoogie']So I bought 15 XBOX games from two other GameStops for a total of $42.31, and I traded them all in (some duplicates) to the manager at a local GS that I know doesn't care how many duplicates I trade in. My final total? $70.40.

So not only did I make almost $30 as a result of this trade in deal, with that money I paid Okami in full, put $5 on the FFXII limited guide, and the rest on FFXII.. so considering I am a CAG whose money burns a hole in pocket, I stopped myself from spending that $40 on other games and ensured that I will be able to pay for two games that I am greatly anticipating.

Not to mention I still have access to five other GameStops :)

All of the following games are XBOX titles, and all of them have a trade in value of $1.

Mech Assault
Ghost Recon
Project Gotham Racing
Nightcaster
Quantum Redshift
Max Payne
Kabuki Warriors
Splinter Cell

In addition to those, Max Payne 2 XBOX has a trade in value of $.50.

Thanks for letting me know about this deal![/QUOTE]

Are you certain that MP2 only has a trade in value of .50? If so, that means the standard of a $1 minimum value is gone....

For the Wiki:

All before bonuses:

PS2
Mega Man AC - 7.00
Ico - 8.00
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 - 1.00
Resident Evil 4 - 14.00
Powerdrome Racing - 1.00
Soul Calibur 3 - 6.00

XBOX
Sonic Mega Collection Plus - 6.00
Max Payne 2 - .50
Counter Strike - 1.50
Halo 2 Reg. Edition - 20.00
Sega GT / JetSet RF - 1.00

GC
Super Mario Strikers - 17.00
Mario Party 5 - 15.00
Super Smash Bros. - 12.00
Mario Kart Double Dash - 12.00

Walked out with 189.15 total on the day. Still have 15 games left to trade in a few days from now.

Does anyone know if you can get in trouble for trading in 4 or 5 copies of the same game? I bought a bunch of Powerdrome Racings and Max Payne 2s today. I'm scared to trade them in.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Are you certain that MP2 only has a trade in value of .50? If so, that means the standard of a $1 minimum value is gone....[/QUOTE]

It's probably just because it recently dropped to $2 new.. that's the only time I can ever remember a place like GameStop selling a brand new game for less than like $10.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']For the Wiki:
Does anyone know if you can get in trouble for trading in 4 or 5 copies of the same game? I bought a bunch of Powerdrome Racings and Max Payne 2s today. I'm scared to trade them in.[/QUOTE]
More than likely they will not take them all in at once. You'd have to mix them with one other game apiece to be safe; just go to other stores and trade them in...but for the most part, they will not accept more than one copy of the same game in one transaction. I had to cheat by bringing a friend along and pretending we were trading in the same games. ^_^;;;;

I got shorted today on my trip. The manager was pissed off and throwing things and complaining about being busy and alone. After I got home I looked at my receipt, to updat the Wiki. I noticed I didn't get $10 on set of 3 and I got charged $5 refurb fee. When I called back, the guy said that I didn't get the bonus on the 3 that needed to be refurb. Shouldn't he told me that before he completed the transaction? These games were brand new and opened right before I went in. I have a call coming from the district manager.

I just get really pissed at poor customer service and immaturity. Recently, I tried to get back a $10 deposit I put down on a preorder. The guy said it was taken out of the system. I showed him the receipt with the depsoit on. He took my receipt and my info and was sending it out to somewhere. I never heard from them again. This crap just sucks. I am going to nail them on this deal!!

Yea they should still give you the extra $10 even if they are refurbed..

Good thing you called just make sure you follow up on that dm call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back