[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

[quote name='sp00ge']My BB marks all of their disc-only games to $9.99, which this was.I got it down to $8 because I actualy had a few dollars of credit on my account that I had forgot even existed, left over from the Red Ninja tradefest. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just to be clear, the standard used price for Halo 2 at BB/GR is $19.99. I checked a week or two ago when EB had the $20 trade-in for Halo 2 (and it is unclear if they still do or not at this point). The disc-only deal is very YMMV. I've seen disc-only copies of other games for their normal used prices (even in a big section of just disc-only games), or sometimes all for $14.99 instead.

[quote name='espy605']My CC is picked clean of Total Overdose but I'll double check for Pirates. Thanks for the tips sp00ge.[/quote]

I just got back and all the TO's were gone at mine now too, but there were still several Pirates (8.96/11.00) and a ton of Suikoden Tactics (9.99/11.00). I picked up one of each and combined them with 4 other junk games and two crappy DVD's for a total of $73.99 in credit, making my "profit," minus the cost of the two purchased games, $53.90, bringing my total credit from this deal so far to $233.49.

Now if someone will just buy my DS (on eBay, plug plug, check my tradelist ;) ), I'll be well over $300 and that much closer to my 360 :D

I have a Tom Clancy's Triple Pack (Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, and Raimbow 6 3) that I want to trade in. Can I trade in all three games disc only and have that work for the deal? Or will it get more money to trade the whole thing (case included)?

Hey, speaking of Gamestop promos, when will they be doing their next b2g1 free. Or when was the last one. It feels like it's been awhile.

They have some Pre-played games I wanna pick up in the future.

Picked up my DS Lite Black tonight. Thanks to the inability of the manager to do math, I got $67 in trade credit for my old DS.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Hey, speaking of Gamestop promos, when will they be doing their next b2g1 free. Or when was the last one. It feels like it's been awhile.

They have some Pre-played games I wanna pick up in the future.[/quote]

If I had to guess, maybe late October, if not then, it'll be Black Friday. I don't see a B2G1 happening anytime sooner than that, but if I get any info on it, I'll let you all know, unless PezRadar informs you first.

Traded in (credit without any bonuses or Edge card):

DS
Dig Dug: DS - $6
Puyo Pop Fever - $5

Xbox
Crash Twinsanity - $5
Spiderman 2 - $1
Ultimate Spiderman - $3

Mostly games I snagged once they dropped more into the cheaper range. I also put in the Metroid Prime: Hunters demo to see what would be said about it and they took it. However, I think I see now they took it as the actual game and not the demo. So I got $12 for it.

Whatever fuels the sleekness of my new Onyx DS Lite, I suppose.

[quote name='usickenme']Picked up my DS Lite Black tonight. Thanks to the inability of the manager to do math, I got $67 in trade credit for my old DS.[/QUOTE]

Hehe - due to the same factor I got a few extra $$ outof my trades tonight (again). Base of $11.50 (nothing new to the wiki) + $10 + 10% should be $23.65. I got $24.91 - whatever :D.

The best thing was that I was able to undo the un-cheapassedness of my Nintendo Wifi Adapter purchase the other day (which cost $39.99 new). This store had a used one for $29.99 which came out to $26.99 after Edge discount. So I can return the $39.99 one later this week. The box was beat up on the used one but the adapter, CDROM, and manual were mint. Not that I care so much on an accessory, but the condition of the manual/etc reflects on the condition of the accessory itself :D. After I test it out I can return the new one.

[quote name='io']Yeah, just to be clear, the standard used price for Halo 2 at BB/GR is $19.99. I checked a week or two ago when EB had the $20 trade-in for Halo 2 (and it is unclear if they still do or not at this point). The disc-only deal is very YMMV. I've seen disc-only copies of other games for their normal used prices (even in a big section of just disc-only games), or sometimes all for $14.99 instead.[/quote]
I got PS2 godfather disc only and instruction manual for $9.99, it all depends on which store carries the redistributed disc only stuff.

[quote name='io']Hehe - due to the same factor I got a few extra $$ outof my trades tonight (again). Base of $11.50 (nothing new to the wiki) + $10 + 10% should be $23.65. I got $24.91 - whatever :D.

The best thing was that I was able to undo the un-cheapassedness of my Nintendo Wifi Adapter purchase the other day (which cost $39.99 new). This store had a used one for $29.99 which came out to $26.99 after Edge discount. So I can return the $39.99 one later this week. The box was beat up on the used one but the adapter, CDROM, and manual were mint. Not that I care so much on an accessory, but the condition of the manual/etc reflects on the condition of the accessory itself :D. After I test it out I can return the new one.[/quote]

Good deal. $26.99 is a good price for it. $39.99 is ridiculous.

Psychonauts PS2 - $10

Pretty high, I can't even get that much for it on Ebay. I'm going to keep adding to the list as I call around.

S.L.A.I PS2 - $5.00
Wild Arms: Alter Code F - $9.00

Pretty low for Wild Arms, I just found out recently that it dosen't work at all anymore, this is why you should always test your games from EB / GS. Too bad I realized about 8 months too late that it dosent work.

[quote name='Roufuss']Psychonauts PS2 - $10

Pretty high, I can't even get that much for it on Ebay. I'm going to keep adding to the list as I call around.

S.L.A.I PS2 - $5.00

Pretty low for Wild Arms, I just found out recently that it dosen't work at all anymore, this is why you should always test your games from EB / GS. Too bad I realized about 8 months too late that it dosent work.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I just picked up Wild Arms Alter Code F new at GC ($16). Considering how much trouble I had to go through to get it (called 6 or 7 stores, had to convince one to hold for me as it was 30 miles away, etc...) I wouldn't dream of trading it in for just $9, even if I played through it (which I won't for a while probably) :lol:.

You have me worried about the used games I bought from EB though. I have several, including a fairly scratched up Disgaea. I haven't played through any of them except Tales of Legendia (and that looked mint) but I do test them through the title screen/first level kind of thing just to make sure they boot up. Beyond that though, if there's a scratch that effects later levels I'm screwed as I probably won't play them until a year after purchase :).

[quote name='Roufuss']Psychonauts PS2 - $10

S.L.A.I PS2 - $5.00

Pretty low for Wild Arms, I just found out recently that it dosen't work at all anymore, this is why you should always test your games from EB / GS. Too bad I realized about 8 months too late that it dosent work.[/quote]
hah i know EXACTLY what u mean...damn gamestop games that i never played until it was too late.

Well this SUCKS.... I dunno who said otherwise, but GS and the EB credit aren't interchangeable. So now I have over $300 in credit split between the two stores. :( Anyone wnat to buy $161.99 in GS credit for $150?

So much for getting my 360...

[quote name='io']Hey, I just picked up Wild Arms Alter Code F new at GC ($16). Considering how much trouble I had to go through to get it (called 6 or 7 stores, had to convince one to hold for me as it was 30 miles away, etc...) I wouldn't dream of trading it in for just $9, even if I played through it (which I won't for a while probably) :lol:.

You have me worried about the used games I bought from EB though. I have several, including a fairly scratched up Disgaea. I haven't played through any of them except Tales of Legendia (and that looked mint) but I do test them through the title screen/first level kind of thing just to make sure they boot up. Beyond that though, if there's a scratch that effects later levels I'm screwed as I probably won't play them until a year after purchase :).[/QUOTE]

Well, I had no choice when I traded it for $9... $9 is a hell of alot better than throwing it away. I remember it worked when I first got it, so no clue what happened, maybe it was my imagination, or I could be confusing all the Wild Arms games. It definitely sucks though, so now I'm kinda weary about any used game I buy at EB / GS.

Here are my definite values after trading the games in, all of them are for PS2:

Parappa The Rapper 2 - $3
S.L.A.I - $5
Wild Arms Alter Code F - $9
Psychonauts - $10 (crazy)
Space Channel 5 SE - $2.50
Metal Arms - $2.00

I know some of them are already in there but now we can add current dates to all of them. I got Megaman ZX and Harvest Moon DS for $3.33 total ;)

[quote name='sp00ge']Well this SUCKS.... I dunno who said otherwise, but GS and the EB credit aren't interchangeable. So now I have over $300 in credit split between the two stores. :( Anyone wnat to buy $161.99 in GS credit for $150?

So much for getting my 360...[/quote]

well...you can always buy something with ALL your credit at one place and return it to the other place. Should do it with a console or something and jsut say you gave it as a gift and they didn't like it.

[quote name='toneroni']well...you can always buy something with ALL your credit at one place and return it to the other place. Should do it with a console or something and jsut say you gave it as a gift and they didn't like it.[/quote]

I already presented theat scenario. Well, had the wife call with the sad girl tone and asked about that and they said they would accept it, unless the stuff was purchased with credit. :roll:

thats really weird...i do returns like that all the time in NY without even noticing sometimes if im at an EB or GS. They take em back no matter what. Just try it one day (play stupid). You can always say you found a better deal somewhere else when they ask for a reason.

Lamestop and EBGays just called and said you get an extra 20% on trade ins when you put them towards Twilight Princess. Might wanna update the OP with that.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Lamestop and EBGays just called and said you get an extra 20% on trade ins when you put them towards Twilight Princess. Might wanna update the OP with that.[/quote]I got that call too.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Lamestop and EBGays just called and said you get an extra 20% on trade ins when you put them towards Twilight Princess. Might wanna update the OP with that.[/QUOTE]

So this stacks with the Edge card too?

If so, I might bring some more games over tommorrow to get 30% extra, put them towards TP, and then go in later and change it to something different.

Just got back from trading in World Poker Tour ($5 at GR) and World Series of Poker ($7.50), both for Xbox. WPT is down to $2.50(from $3 last week) and World Series is $2.50. I don't know if that's a reduction or not. Also, The Guy Game (xbox) gets $6 and Spongebob Squarepants The Yellow Avenger gets $8. It's $8.98 at CC now so it's a good break even game.

Added the 20% bonus on trades towards Twilight Princess.

[quote name='Roufuss'] So this stacks with the Edge card too?[/QUOTE]

Have them add the 20% to the games and then scan the Edge/Gamestop card afterwards and you will get them stacked together. The POS automatically adds the 10% to trades when the card is scanned.

[quote name='allout1986']Added the 20% bonus on trades towards Twilight Princess.

Have them add the 20% to the games and then scan the Edge/Gamestop card afterwards and you will get them stacked together. The POS automatically adds the 10% to trades when the card is scanned.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so I have to trade in the games toward TP (Wii or GC?) and THEN give them the card?

If they scan the card first and then do the preorder (which is what they usually do) it won't work?

[quote name='Roufuss']Ok, so I have to trade in the games toward TP (Wii or GC?) and THEN give them the card?

If they scan the card first and then do the preorder (which is what they usually do) it won't work?[/quote]
It'll work, but if they're giving you a hassle with stacking, they're more likely to tell you they can't do it when they see the discount is already added.

Huzzah!

GC

Skies of Arcadia - 9
Sonic Mega Collection - 4
Mario Party 5 - 15
Pikmin 2 - 8
Legend of Zelda: Windwaker - 8

PS2

Full Spectrum Warrior - 2.50

And I found racing gears advance there, so I am pleased.

I'm going to get a large haul from the Flea Market sunday and bring it all in later that day. By the way, I was in GS today, and supposedly there will be a B2G1F at their next market plan thing... Yeah. I'm pumped. Saw a lot of things I wanted.

Stopped in today to trade-in a bunch of stuff, got $132 after $60 + 10% added.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (PS2) - $4
Dragon Ball Z Budokai (PS2) - $2
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2 (PS2) - $2
Driv3r (PS2) - $3
Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2) - $8
Kingdom Hearts (PS2) - $9
Kirby's Air Ride (GC) - $9
Jade Cocoon 2 (PS2) - $3
Mark of Kri (PS2) - $1
Maximo (PS2) - $1.50
Medal of Honor Frontline (PS2) - $2
Ridge Racer V (PS2) - 1.50
Roadkill (PS2) - $1.50
Spikeout: Battle Street (Xbox) - $3
Star Wars Racer Revenge (PS2) - $2.50
Stuntman (PS2) - $1.50
Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2) - $2.50
Wallace and Gromit in Project Zoo (PS2) - $3

Not bad for a bunch of games I've beaten and won't play, played a little and never touched again, or some that I've never really touched at all. The only sour note on the trip is that the clerk kept trying to convince me to preorder stuff like FFXII CE, which I already preordered, and its strategy guide or anything else. I only preordered the Bully SE that I wanted to preorder anyway and just shot down everything else that they suggested. I'd like to get a PSP, which I could with the ~$140 I have on my card and the ~$100 I have saved up in cash, but I'd rather buy it at BB and get a warranty since it's an expensive game system (always needs warranty IMO). Hopefully the stuff I'll be ebaying will help get the rest of the cash that I need. :)

[quote name='Chrono72090']I'm going to get a large haul from the Flea Market sunday and bring it all in later that day. By the way, I was in GS today, and supposedly there will be a B2G1F at their next market plan thing... Yeah. I'm pumped. Saw a lot of things I wanted.[/quote]

Good idea, I think I'm going to try that as well.

[quote name='sp00ge']Well this SUCKS.... I dunno who said otherwise, but GS and the EB credit aren't interchangeable. So now I have over $300 in credit split between the two stores. :( Anyone wnat to buy $161.99 in GS credit for $150?

So much for getting my 360...[/quote]

I posed the same question to a store manager here in NJ - he said around late Sept they should be able to accept EB credit. Not sure if thats just locally or not.

anyone know if Rally Fussion on Xbox will be accepted as trade in for the 3 for $10 deal?

I didn't find any prices on it on the CAGwiki trade in value page

I'm actually going to trade in Burnout Revenge on Xbox to get Burnout Revenge on 360 lol
funny thing I paid less for the xbox version when it came out (the dvdplanet deal posted here) then the sale price of the 360 version

[quote name='xdl']I posed the same question to a store manager here in NJ - he said around late Sept they should be able to accept EB credit. Not sure if thats just locally or not.[/quote]

Wellboth guys I talked to said it was a national thing, that all stores will go online with it at the same time, but seems to conflict with those that are saying their stores already accept it. :whistle2:s

that zelda thing is only for a limited time.. (This weekend I believe too lazy to double check)

The edge cards in gs stores are available in certain areas, but will be up in all areas soon.

[quote name='PezRadar']that zelda thing is only for a limited time.. (This weekend I believe too lazy to double check)
Assuming that your local employees have even heard about it. =(

I went in to do a trade-in and put a pre-order in for Zelda and neither of the guys working at the GS, or their manager had heard of the promo. Bah!

Just traded in Burnout Revenge and Table Tennis and got Dead Rising for $9.99. Not a bad deal considering what I'd get for trade value on those two games.

Did some trades today:

Max Payne 2 (PS2) $1.00 (back up to a dollar)
Max Payne 2 (Xbox) $1.00
Zelda: Four Swords $9.00
Ridge Racer DS $2.50
Dark Angel Vampire (PS2) $2.00
Goldeneye Rogue Agent (Xbox) $1.00

traded in 6 games at 2 different stores (the 1st store wouldn't accept my Jampack). But I got the extra $10 plus 20% for Pre-ordering Pokemen Mystery Dungeon at the first store (but the credit was based on the price prior to the $10 bonus so it only amounted to another $2.70).

Only new price for the Wiki was:
High Rollers Casino (PS2) down to $2.50

My copy of Max Payne 2 (PS2) only received $ 0.50 - this was at 12:30 PM EST

Fire Fmblem (GC) - $10
Geist (GC) - $4
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent - $4

i was hoping Fire Emblem could still get the $17 on the wiki, but i guess after the recent used price drop, its down to 10. i guess i'll just return my extra copy to TRU, and find another game...

My trade results today surprised me. First, like cheapfrag, my PS2 Max Payne 2 only got .50 as well. That was only .50 less than I was expecting but the real surprise was Suikoden Tactics (PS2) gets $8.00. Yesterday it was worth $11! Bummer because after all the bonus, you could get close to $13 for it. I wonder if Pirates! (PS2) dropped as well. This transaction took place at 11:00 a.m PST. At least I was able to get the Edge card bonus and the 20% bonus for reserving Twilight Princess.

do they accept disc only games?
i have an ape escape 2 i bought from gamecrazy and it came in a stupid hollywood video box with no booklet

Trade-ins from today (before bonuses):

Polarium (DS) - $2
Extreme G3 (GC) - $2
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets (GC) - $2
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone (GC) - $5
Lord of the Rings Two Towers (GC) - $1.50
Metroid Prime (GC) - $1.50
Sonic Adventure DX (GC) - $5
Dead or Alive 2 (PS2) - $3
Gran Turismo 3 (PS2) - $1
Parappa the Rapper 2 (PS2) - $3
Suikoden Tactics (PS2) - $8
Timesplitters (PS2) - $1
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (PS2) - $1
Hunter: The Reckoning (XBOX) - $2
Sid Meier's Pirates (XBOX) - $11
Original DS Fat - $80*

Came to $180 (they didn't let me stack my edge card :cry:)

*Interesting thing happened at the same store. I asked the girl about the DS trade-in deal while she was ringing up my trade-ins and she said you would get an additional $20 if you put it towards a DS lite. I'm thinking ' Cool, I'll do that and pay whatever is left with the credit from the games.'

So I'm walking out to my car looking at the receipt, slightly pissed since they jipped my on the Suikoden Tactics trade, when I get to the DS trade-in. Instead of giving me $60 for it (simple math; 129.99 - 69.99 = 60) she gave me $80.

Long story short: Black DS Lite + $40 store credit = me not caring about losing a few bucks on Suikoden.

I would have walked out if they didn't let me stack the Edge card, espically if you went to an EB where they are supposed to do it. You would have gotten an extra $18 for that alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back