[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

I went to my Local EB today. I traded in the following games under the whole 20% extra to Preorder Zelda Wii dealy.

Max Payne 2 XB .50
Max Payne 2 PS2 .50
Zatch Bell Mamodo Battles GC 12.00
POP: The Sands of Time GC 5.00
Ultimate Muscle GC 3
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2x XB 1
The total with the 10% included rang up to 29.40. I asked of the total included the trade 3 get 10 bucks bonus. He said that he couldnt mix offers so I asked him to check what they would get with the trade 3 bonus. 46.18 WITH THE 10% BABY! Added 4 bucks out of my instore credit Wii fund and bought and paid for Zelda FTW!! 1st customer with the preorder!!!

Lots of trade-in values for the Wiki!

XBOX
NBA Street Vol. 2 - $1
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $1
Men of Valor - $2
Fable (non PH) - $3
Elder Scrolls III: GOTY - $9
Goblin Commander - $2.50
Raze's Hell - $1.50
Pro Race Driver - $1
Driver 3 - $1.50

GCN
Smuggler's Run: Warzones - $1.50
Shrek 2 - $3
Ultimate Muscle - $3
HULK - $4
Ribbit King - $3

PS2
Gran Turismo 3 - $1
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance - $9 (crappy copy I got from Blockbuster a long time ago ^_^)
Cy Girls - $2
Victorious Boxers - $1

I actually traded in 19 because I was afraid they wouldn't take MGS2: S because of all the scratches on the disc. I guess it slipped by, or it wasn't that bad to them. Anyway, all total I got $117.22 in store credit (3 for $10 extra plus 10% MORE card). Don't know whether I'm going to put that towards a Nintendo Wii or some of the new RPGs coming out. I have plenty of time to decide.

Man am I glad I didn't pick up a fourth copy of suikoden tactics today.

Anyways, I alleviated my situation by just fronting the rest of the money for the 360 after the credit was applied. Between trade credit and paypal sale funds, the 360 cost me $80 out of pocket.

I then took the other 161.99 in credit to gamestop and picked up Dead Rising, Perfect Dark Zero, a memory card and a used wireless controller and got a whopping 3 cents back :D

With that, I am done with this trade-in deal. I got what I wanted, and am happy. Thanks OP for making my dreams come true!:bow:

If you plan to pre-order a Wii or PS3 at GameStop/EB, you may want to read my post on this page.

Its very important. I went shopping today with the intent of buying some fodder and selling it at GameStop for some profit, but when I saw what they were doing with Wii/PS3 pre-orders, I became quite angry.

In any case, I am glad that I didn't sell any of my games.

[quote name='hack']If you plan to pre-order a Wii or PS3 at GameStop/EB, you may want to read my post on this page.

Its very important. I went shopping today with the intent of buying some fodder and selling it at GameStop for some profit, but when I saw what they were doing with Wii/PS3 pre-orders, I became quite angry.

In any case, I am glad that I didn't sell any of my games.[/quote]

hmm...ur in hawaii right, r u sure this is nationwide, i know u stated ur not sure, but how not sure r u lol

[quote name='Americanpierg']hmm...ur in hawaii right, r u sure this is nationwide, i know u stated ur not sure, but how not sure r u lol[/quote]

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr

35975711.DSC02317.jpg

Yes, I am in Hawaii, I'm quite sure that this is nationwide (but I'm not going to say perfectly sure). The store that I went to had lots of fliers, posters, and documentation for it. The employee I talked to even sounded like he had memorized tons of this stuff.

But the only real thing that tells me this isn't just 1 store, is the fact that I've seen the posters, fliers, and documentation at numerous stores.

I was all over the mall today looking to take advantage of this trade 3 get 10 bucks extra promotion. XD

[quote name='hack']Yes, I am in Hawaii, I'm quite sure that this is nationwide (but I'm not going to say perfectly sure). The store that I went to had lots of fliers, posters, and documentation for it. The employee I talked to even sounded like he had memorized tons of this stuff.

But the only real thing that tells me this isn't just 1 store, is the fact that I've seen the posters, fliers, and documentation at numerous stores.

I was all over the mall today looking to take advantage of this trade 3 get 10 bucks extra promotion. XD[/quote]

haha yea i just saw ur other post which made the FYE thread explode

[quote name='Americanpierg']haha yea i just saw ur other post which made the FYE thread explode[/quote]

There are other posts now? o_O

The only place that I, myself, posted this information was on CAG (1st), The Wiire forums (2nd), and then Nsider a few hours later.

Any other place is just copy/pasting my stuff. XD

Back on topic:

I was able to find some fodder games today at the mall. Of course, because of the Wii news that I discovered, I went home without selling them off. I'll simply wait till Monday.

GC
Spyro: enter the $3

Xbox
Driver 3 $1.50
Pariah $4

Ps2
Project snowblind $2
Viewtiful Joe 2 $2
Godfather the game $14

After 10% off bump and extra $10, it is sweet.

[quote name='pop311']Do you need the more/edge cardto get the 3 for 10[/quote]
No, the Edge card (not sure about GS's card) allows you to get an extra 10% credit.

[quote name='hack']There are other posts now? o_O

The only place that I, myself, posted this information was on CAG (1st), The Wiire forums (2nd), and then Nsider a few hours later.

Any other place is just copy/pasting my stuff. XD

Back on topic:

I was able to find some fodder games today at the mall. Of course, because of the Wii news that I discovered, I went home without selling them off. I'll simply wait till Monday.[/QUOTE]

If your antsy, you could probably go trade in the games now and just go back monday and pre-order with the credit.... But of course you can do it the way you want :)

[quote name='JBlade00']If your antsy, you could probably go trade in the games now and just go back monday and pre-order with the credit.... But of course you can do it the way you want :)[/quote]

No, the GameStop employee I talked to specifically told me that I won't be able to use existing store/trade-in credit to pre-order it.

I HAVE to bring in my stuff on Monday, sell it and then immediately use the money I get from selling the stuff to pre-order the system.

Its the stupidest thing ever. I have a feeling they'll cut trade-in prices or add more restrictions or some crap like that. I suppose the fodder will help, and I'll buy some more on Monday if need be.

[quote name='hack']Yes, I am in Hawaii, I'm quite sure that this is nationwide (but I'm not going to say perfectly sure). The store that I went to had lots of fliers, posters, and documentation for it. The employee I talked to even sounded like he had memorized tons of this stuff.

I was all over the mall today looking to take advantage of this trade 3 get 10 bucks extra promotion. XD[/quote]

From your original thread outlining this, theres been numerous other CAGs who have called to confirm and no other GS/EB has reported this , so for now I would call it regional.

Traded in the following, all for PS2.

ace combat 5 8.00
crash bandicoot wrath of cortex 5.00
crash nitro kart 9.00
crash twinsanity 9.00
dot hack part 1 6.00
drakengard 4.00
final fantasy x 10.00
hitman contracts 4.00
juiced 7.00
killzone 5.00
kingdom hearts 9.00
la puclle tactics 9.00
lego star wars 9.00
madagascar 8.00
need for speed most wanted 9.00
need for speed underground 2 6.00
socom 3 7.00
sonic mega collection 8.00
star wars episode III 8.00
tak and the power of juju 3.00
time crisis 3 (game only) 5.00
x-men legends 4.00

Thanks OP, I took advantage of the deal once more today. The reality is that without this deal gamestop and ebgames are essentially stealing from anyone who trades their games in. With these deals, the trade in values are actually reasonable for most games (with a few exceptions)

[quote name='dragonjud']Thanks OP, I took advantage of the deal once more today. The reality is that without this deal gamestop and ebgames are essentially stealing from anyone who trades their games in. With these deals, the trade in values are actually reasonable for most games (with a few exceptions)[/quote]

Stealing...okay...someone needs to study law....

Anyways

Traded in

World Series of Poker (PSP) $6 DOWN FROM $7
Shenmu II (XBox) $1
Splinter Cell (PS2) $1.50
Oni (PS2) $1
Sid Meier's Pirates! (XBox) $11
Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) $15.00 UP FROM $12.00
XBox Exhibition Disk (XBox) $1

Total after 10% = $62.15

Reserved...
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii) - $5
Elebits (Wii) - $5
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii) - $5
Gears of War (XBox 360) - $21.11

Then bought original complete copy of Kingdom Hearts and Shadow of the Colossus.

Then went to Gamecrazy and grabbed The Getaway, Dead 2 Rights, and XIII using the Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

Traded in some games yesterday, the most surprising of the bunch were the following:

XB Gauntlet Dark Legacy - $8
XB Midway Arcade Treasures 3 - $2.50

I already updated the Wiki with all my trades. Happy hunting.

[quote name='toocool17']Traded in the following, all for PS2.
sonic mega collection 8.00
[/quote]
Are you sure? I've got a receipt right in front of me dated 9-14 saying that they gave me $4.00 for Sonic Mega Collection before bonus. Please check your receipt as I doubt they increased the price by $4.00

[quote name='VulSuck']Are you sure? I've got a receipt right in front of me dated 9-14 saying that they gave me $4.00 for Sonic Mega Collection before bonus. Please check your receipt as I doubt they increased the price by $4.00[/QUOTE]

Maybe after bonus?

Edit: all of those prices look like after bonus for sure.

I was able to pick up six 1.99/2.99/3.99 games for $8.00, this store was doing a 30% off PS2/Xbox games $9.99 and under. And they let me stack the Gamestop card so I was able to get 40% off in total.

Some of them are trade-in fodder, but others are games I actually had interest in. Nevertheless I have enough games to do another trade-in tomorrow. :)

[quote name='VulSuck']Are you sure? I've got a receipt right in front of me dated 9-14 saying that they gave me $4.00 for Sonic Mega Collection before bonus. Please check your receipt as I doubt they increased the price by $4.00[/QUOTE]

Yea I doubled check my receipt and it says $8 for sonic mega collection ps2. And all the games I posted are before bonus.

[quote name='toocool17']Yea I doubled check my receipt and it says $8 for sonic mega collection ps2. And all the games I posted are before bonus.[/QUOTE]

Weird, my PS2 Crash Twinsanity was $9 after bonuses.

When you trade in your stuff, do you get trade in credit or is it store credit? I'm a little confused on the difference.

I'm thinking, I'm going to try trading in some stuff to get the $50 in trade-in credit to put towards a new system just in cause that deal hits the rest of the states. But I want the deal going on here, and there is no telling when the pre-ordering will happen so this deal might end by then.

Only thing I can think if if they don't just let me credit my account until then, is to get the credit and put it on a game set to be launched far into the future and then when the times comes, move it over towards a the system.

[quote name='NamPaehc']When you trade in your stuff, do you get trade in credit or is it store credit? I'm a little confused on the difference.

I'm thinking, I'm going to try trading in some stuff to get the $50 in trade-in credit to put towards a new system just in cause that deal hits the rest of the states. But I want the deal going on here, and there is no telling when the pre-ordering will happen so this deal might end by then.

Only thing I can think if if they don't just let me credit my account until then, is to get the credit and put it on a game set to be launched far into the future and then when the times comes, move it over towards a the system.[/quote]

The flyer says it doesn't work for credit. I'm still up in the air about this whole thing until I get confirmation from my work.

When you trade-in games, they either give you a receipt that shows how much credit you have, or if they are using the newer system, will put the credit on a card for you.

If you're worried about losing the receipt, you can sometimes get an employee to put the credit on a gift card. But that is very YMMV.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Well that is my question, what is credit compaired to "Trade-in credit"??[/quote] Trade-in credit is what you receive for games. As soon as that value is posted to your account or your Edge card, whatever, it is now "store credit." The stipulation on the Hawaii preorder deal is that you must trade in the games at the time of preorder. It will show on your receipt "trade credit" or something along those lines, as a credit, and then the preorder as a debit. That's different than trading in your games two days before, and then putting $50 down on a system using store credit.

Due to having a friend who works at an EB, I was able to trade in a bunch of Suikoden Tactics, and buy their cheap Max Paynes and continue trading those in, plus rebuy the same may paynes and such repeatedly, and in the end got myself a 360, Saints Row, a Play and Charge Kit, and an extra copy of Pirates! for just over $200. Good deal for me. Oh yeah the edge card I found worked.

[quote name='contej85']Due to having a friend who works at an EB, I was able to trade in a bunch of Suikoden Tactics, and buy their cheap Max Paynes and continue trading those in, plus rebuy the same may paynes and such repeatedly, and in the end got myself a 360, Saints Row, a Play and Charge Kit, and an extra copy of Pirates! for just over $200. Good deal for me. Oh yeah the edge card I found worked.[/quote]

That's cool, wish I could get a 360 for cheap. I still need to trade in a few of my old games to pay off the FFXII CE I preordered. If you find anymore Suikoden Tactics you could sell/trade them to some CAGs here who are looking for a copy.

[quote name='contej85']Due to having a friend who works at an EB, I was able to trade in a bunch of Suikoden Tactics, and buy their cheap Max Paynes and continue trading those in, plus rebuy the same may paynes and such repeatedly, and in the end got myself a 360, Saints Row, a Play and Charge Kit, and an extra copy of Pirates! for just over $200. Good deal for me. Oh yeah the edge card I found worked.[/quote]

Good deal for you. Not a good deal for your friend if he has a manager/district manager who looks at trade in logs. :roll:

Where does Gamestop ship their used games from? How long does it usually take to get them via their value shipping? Anyone know? Thanks!

CAG here in AL just gotta weigh in and let you know what kind of deal I got on the trade 3 get $10 bonus credit. I wound up going through and getting together 30 games (DS, PSP, PS2, XBOX 360 and Xbox) that I had laying around not playing anymore. Most games were 14.99 and under games at EB now. After all was said and done I had $250 bucks in store credit. I wound up getting an Onyx DS (super sexy), N3 for the 360, and a pre-order on Gears of War. I walked out feeling pretty damn good for the rest of the day. What a hell of a 30th birthday gift to myself trading in crap i haven't touched in over a year for a sweet trade. The manager who was on duty just told the girl to count up my trades and give me $10 for ever 3 games. Shot my total up $100 just like that. I was expecting just enough to pre-order GoW and maybe $70 towards an Onyx DS. Boy was I surprised. Most of my games were 05 and 06 sports games as well. I hate EB but today I must say I came out with a FLAWLESS VICTORY against them.

[quote name='Doom5']Where does Gamestop ship their used games from? How long does it usually take to get them via their value shipping? Anyone know? Thanks![/quote]

they ship from grapevine texas

Is Gamestop still giving $20 for Halo 2? I saw it for $8 today at a pawn shop but passed because I wasn't sure. I'm heading over that way tommorow, so I wanted to check. If not $20, how much are they giving?

D'oh! I thought I was done with my EB trades but then I discovered that, for the first time ever, my local Kmarts had some of the cheap clearance stuff. And of course this all comes down when I have to go out of town Sunday AM. Oh well, I got to one EB today and hopefully can hit another next Saturday when I get back.

9/16:

PS2 Eye Toy Groove: $1
PS2 Backyard Wrestling 2: $3 (lucky they took this!)
Xbox World Champ Poker: $1
Xbox Simpsons Road Rage: $3
Xbox Soul Calibur II: $2
DS Ridge Racer: $2.50

Got $37.11 with $20 + 10% Edge bonus.
Yeah. once again the math doesn't work out - it should have been $35.75.

OK, WOW, I actually figured it out. It looks like he manually added 10% to each game so I got $13.75 instead of $12.50 base (I was wondering why it took him so long to adjust all the games for the $10 bonus!). Then add $20 for the Trade 3 deal, then add 10% of the total for the Edge card. Comes out to $37.11. Works for me :rofl:.

[quote name='Chrono72090']Is Gamestop still giving $20 for Halo 2? I saw it for $8 today at a pawn shop but passed because I wasn't sure. I'm heading over that way tommorow, so I wanted to check. If not $20, how much are they giving?[/quote]
Oh and on the website it still says $20, but I guess we'll need someone to confirm.

OK, I admit to being a devil customer anymore, trading in my $2 copy of SH: Covenant DISC ONLY to one of my local EBs, which promptly gave me $17+ in credit for it. However, tonight, I have found a reason to HATE another local EB or rather one arrogant and steadfast clerk.

I bought 2 copies of the Clancy trilogy for the Xbox tonight from a Kmart that had them marked right. I traded one set of three at a Gamestop in Wilkes Barre, PA disc only and netted $14.30 total, a 'profit' of $10.06 over what I paid originally.

However, not wanting to seem fishy going right back in with another 3 disc set of the same games, I went to the Wyoming Valley Mall EB, with about 15-20 minutes before closing to spare.

Upon seeing that the games were DISC ONLY, the clerk told me I would be charged a 'refurbishing fee' on each disc, that would negate the value of the deal. I asked if the trade 3, get $10 extra credit deal was still in effect(knowing it was). He then quoted me a price that was HALF of the disc only credit I had JUST received less than 20 minutes earlier.

My question is, HAS EB/GS changed their policy about taking disc only games, including a fee, as he told me that all clerks who did that were breaking company rules. I'm curious about this, as I've now traded in 2-5 games disc only and have not had any type of problem like this.

Personally, I just think it was that it was so close to the end of the night and the clerk thought it would be a hassle to do the disc only trade. Or, he just wanted to be a prick and see what he could get away with.

Either way, that fat, balding so n so has stopped me from being a devil customer at HIS store anymore. LMFAO

Hell, it wasn't like I took the discs n scuffed em up or anything either.

Oh, and the other reason I hate this clerk, he told me that the 3 pack of Clancy games would only count as a ONE GAME trade. Ummm, hello, how can 3 distinctly stand alone games, even though packaged in one case only count as one f'n game? What a jagoff!!!!!

[quote name='io']D'oh! I thought I was done with my EB trades but then I discovered that, for the first time ever, my local Kmarts had some of the cheap clearance stuff. And of course this all comes down when I have to go out of town Sunday AM. Oh well, I got to one EB today and hopefully can hit another next Saturday when I get back.

9/16:

PS2 Eye Toy Groove: $1
PS2 Backyard Wrestling 2: $3 (lucky they took this!)
Xbox World Champ Poker: $1
Xbox Simpsons Road Rage: $3
Xbox Soul Calibur II: $2
DS Ridge Racer: $2.50

Got $37.11 with $20 + 10% Edge bonus.
Yeah. once again the math doesn't work out - it should have been $35.75.

OK, WOW, I actually figured it out. It looks like he manually added 10% to each game so I got $13.75 instead of $12.50 base (I was wondering why it took him so long to adjust all the games for the $10 bonus!). Then add $20 for the Trade 3 deal, then add 10% of the total for the Edge card. Comes out to $37.11. Works for me :rofl:.[/QUOTE]

io, they have to manually add the 10%?? At the EB I just went to, it does it all automatically for them, it applied $4 to the first game, $3 to the two after it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK, I admit to being a devil customer anymore, trading in my $2 copy of SH: Covenant DISC ONLY to one of my local EBs, which promptly gave me $17+ in credit for it. However, tonight, I have found a reason to HATE another local EB or rather one arrogant and steadfast clerk.

I bought 2 copies of the Clancy trilogy for the Xbox tonight from a Kmart that had them marked right. I traded one set of three at a Gamestop in Wilkes Barre, PA disc only and netted $14.30 total, a 'profit' of $10.06 over what I paid originally.

However, not wanting to seem fishy going right back in with another 3 disc set of the same games, I went to the Wyoming Valley Mall EB, with about 15-20 minutes before closing to spare.

Upon seeing that the games were DISC ONLY, the clerk told me I would be charged a 'refurbishing fee' on each disc, that would negate the value of the deal. I asked if the trade 3, get $10 extra credit deal was still in effect(knowing it was). He then quoted me a price that was HALF of the disc only credit I had JUST received less than 20 minutes earlier.

My question is, HAS EB/GS changed their policy about taking disc only games, including a fee, as he told me that all clerks who did that were breaking company rules. I'm curious about this, as I've now traded in 2-5 games disc only and have not had any type of problem like this.

Personally, I just think it was that it was so close to the end of the night and the clerk thought it would be a hassle to do the disc only trade. Or, he just wanted to be a prick and see what he could get away with.

Either way, that fat, balding so n so has stopped me from being a devil customer at HIS store anymore. LMFAO

Hell, it wasn't like I took the discs n scuffed em up or anything either.

Oh, and the other reason I hate this clerk, he told me that the 3 pack of Clancy games would only count as a ONE GAME trade. Ummm, hello, how can 3 distinctly stand alone games, even though packaged in one case only count as one f'n game? What a jagoff!!!!![/QUOTE]

It must be an EB thing, because I walked out of an EB that told me the same thing. I know they used to have two trade in values in their computer, one for complete and one for not complete, but I assumed they stopped doing that. Perhaps some managers tried to take things into their own hands. You could attempt a call to the DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back