[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

Uh, I have a few questions.

I already preordered FFXII CE with the trade 3 get $10 deal, but this was before the 20% deal. Is there any way I can show my reciept to EB and get an extra 20%?

If not, are the 3+$10 and the extra 20% stackable? I might trade some more in towards FFXIICE if I can get the extra $10 AND extra 20%.

I hope someone can answer this. Thanks in advance :)

Traded in the following:
Max Payne 2 (XBOX) - $0.50
Splinter Cell (XBOX) - $1.00
Madden 2007 (GC) - $18.00
Animal Crossing (DS) - $15.50
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (GC) - $9.00
X-Men: Next Dimension (GC) - $3.00

DVDs
Windtalkers - $1.00
Star Wars Phantom Menace - $4.00
Bring It On Again - $2.00
Serving Sara - $1.00
The Patriot - $2.50

[quote name='foofoofiifoo']Uh, I have a few questions.

I already preordered FFXII CE with the trade 3 get $10 deal, but this was before the 20% deal. Is there any way I can show my reciept to EB and get an extra 20%?

If not, are the 3+$10 and the extra 20% stackable? I might trade some more in towards FFXIICE if I can get the extra $10 AND extra 20%.

I hope someone can answer this. Thanks in advance :)[/quote]
I doubt it, I don't think they will give you anything extra after the transaction has ended. But you could get lucky.

YMMV, but it's surprising how many people have been able to stack the extra 20%/30%, with the 3 for $10, and the extra 10% from their More/Edge card. I haven't tried myself, however.

[quote name='yukine']YMMV, but it's surprising how many people have been able to stack the extra 20%/30%, with the 3 for $10, and the extra 10% from their More/Edge card. I haven't tried myself, however.[/QUOTE]

I find that if you're giving them something, they're more likely to give back. For my big trade in, I casually mentioned that my issue of Game Informer said my subscription was expiring, and that I'd like to renew it. Then I mentioned that I had some stuff to trade in and noticed that they had the trade 3 get $10, and he said sure, no problem (would even do it for Xbox 360 games which weren't originally included.) And then I said I happened to find a coupon in my Game Informer, could I stack that? He said no problem, and he'd let me even keep the Game Informer coupon (some stores in my area are taking them, stamping them, or writing on them.) So I got the extra $10 for every 3, plus 30% bonus for preorder, plus 10% for my Edge card - in that order.

Since the store gets better numbers based on trade-ins, pre-sells, and Edge/More cards, use this to your advantage. So paying the $15 for a new subscription could be worth it if it adds another $40 or more to your trade in...

Hmmm... at EB I've already paid off half of my Zelda preorder for the Wii in cash, but I'm planning on doing the rest with trade ins and the 30% coupon +10% for the card. I know I've still got a GS card but my Edge card expired a while back. Since the two are owned by the same company can I use the GS card at EB or would I have to buy a new Edge card?

Does the 30% bonus towards preordering FFXII require a coupon? If not, you just have to tell them to apply the trade-ins towards FFXII prior to the trade?

[quote name='Damanthia']I find that if you're giving them something, they're more likely to give back. For my big trade in, I casually mentioned that my issue of Game Informer said my subscription was expiring, and that I'd like to renew it. Then I mentioned that I had some stuff to trade in and noticed that they had the trade 3 get $10, and he said sure, no problem (would even do it for Xbox 360 games which weren't originally included.) And then I said I happened to find a coupon in my Game Informer, could I stack that? He said no problem, and he'd let me even keep the Game Informer coupon (some stores in my area are taking them, stamping them, or writing on them.) So I got the extra $10 for every 3, plus 30% bonus for preorder, plus 10% for my Edge card - in that order.

Since the store gets better numbers based on trade-ins, pre-sells, and Edge/More cards, use this to your advantage. So paying the $15 for a new subscription could be worth it if it adds another $40 or more to your trade in...[/quote]
Yeah, that's a good idea. Unforunately, my More card doesn't expire until February, 2007. The employee who works at my Gamestop is pretty cool, so I think he might let me stack everything anyway. I'll give it a shot next weekend, it's just that I just don't want to push it, considering I'm getting many of these games for very cheap at another Gamestop, where they are having a 40% off all games under $9.99. :D

[quote name='yukine'] I'll give it a shot next weekend, it's just that I just don't want to push it, considering I'm getting many of these games for very cheap at another Gamestop, where they are having a 40% off all games under $9.99. :D[/QUOTE]
Be careful, I heard you can get banned for this practice. Buying cheap games at one GS/EB and trading in to another. (same company)

[quote name='eau']How much was the last known list price for the Shadow Hearts Covenant anyway? $29.99? It looks like this game is in hot demand...at least on ebay.[/quote]

One of the guys at GS says some prices are adjusted to the current market value (Ebay).

For example : ZOE: 2nd Runner. It used to be 17.xx now its at $34.99 .

Traded in 15 games and the guy said he applied 20% since I preordered Zelda and Gears of war but now I get home and look over the reciept and doesnt seem like I got 20% extra. I got the 3 for $10 extra and 10% extra with the card. Should I go back and complain or does the policy only show 1 promotion per trade in as I am basically getting 2 promotions. Heres the prices I got today which are all PS2 games.

Drakan - 2.50
FF X2 - 8.00
FF X - 9.00
WILD ARMS 3 - 2.50
DARK CLOUD 2 - 8.00
ONIMUSHA 2 - 2.00
LEGAIA 2 - 2.00
TENCHU WRATH OF - 3.00
KINGDOM HEARTS- 9.00
XENOSAGA EPISODE 1 -4.00
SKYGUNNER - 2.00
GUILTY GEAR X2- 16.00
TONY HAWK PRO 3 -1.00
TEKKEN TAG - 2.50
K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX - 3.00

This is before the 3 for $10 extra and 10% more. After reserving Gears of war and Zelda I used the remainging to get Tekken for PSP for $28.75.

Now im seeing some ppl got 40% plus 3 for $10. Crazy thats almost the price they pay for selling the game back it seems. Oh well at least I got my 2 games paid off and still have enough to get a PS3 with store credit alone.

Does anyone know if you can use the GS More card at EB, or alternately, the EB Edge card at GS? I've got a card for GS but I'd rather not spend another $15 on an Edge card if I can just use the GS card at EB.

[quote name='cchen326']Now im seeing some ppl got 40% plus 3 for $10. Crazy thats almost the price they pay for selling the game back it seems. Oh well at least I got my 2 games paid off and still have enough to get a PS3 with store credit alone.[/QUOTE]

That's insane... I don't even think I'd attempt getting a 40% :lol: If you got a big stack of games (like 20 +) and combined them with a 40% and a 3 for $10 you'd probably get enough for a Wii or something.

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']Does anyone know if you can use the GS More card at EB, or alternately, the EB Edge card at GS? I've got a card for GS but I'd rather not spend another $15 on an Edge card if I can just use the GS card at EB.[/quote]

Yeah. I use my More card at eb all the time. ;)

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']Does anyone know if you can use the GS More card at EB, or alternately, the EB Edge card at GS? I've got a card for GS but I'd rather not spend another $15 on an Edge card if I can just use the GS card at EB.[/QUOTE]

It depends on if the store has switched to the new POS yet. Most EB's / GS's around here take each others cards but there is like 1 or 2 stores that haven't switched over yet.

My friend's Edge card expired and he just used a Gamestop card at EB the other day.

[quote name='Roufuss']It depends on if the store has switched to the new POS yet. Most EB's / GS's around here take each others cards but there is like 1 or 2 stores that haven't switched over yet.

My friend's Edge card expired and he just used a Gamestop card at EB the other day.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I just called my EB to confirm and they said that I can use the More card for the 10% discount at EB.

[quote name='cchen326']Traded in 15 games and the guy said he applied 20% since I preordered Zelda and Gears of war but now I get home and look over the reciept and doesnt seem like I got 20% extra. I got the 3 for $10 extra and 10% extra with the card. Should I go back and complain or does the policy only show 1 promotion per trade in as I am basically getting 2 promotions. Heres the prices I got today which are all PS2 games.

Drakan - 2.50
FF X2 - 8.00
FF X - 9.00
WILD ARMS 3 - 2.50
DARK CLOUD 2 - 8.00
ONIMUSHA 2 - 2.00
LEGAIA 2 - 2.00
TENCHU WRATH OF - 3.00
KINGDOM HEARTS- 9.00
XENOSAGA EPISODE 1 -4.00
SKYGUNNER - 2.00
GUILTY GEAR X2- 16.00
TONY HAWK PRO 3 -1.00
TEKKEN TAG - 2.50
K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX - 3.00

This is before the 3 for $10 extra and 10% more. After reserving Gears of war and Zelda I used the remainging to get Tekken for PSP for $28.75.[/QUOTE]

u trade in skygunner? isnt that game rare? its by atlus.

[quote name='pop311']Have you guys ever flipped games right from.com to the store?[/quote]

all the time, just wait for the 20%-30% deals, get the games 3.99 and under (2.99 if u want a larger profit margin, but itll take more work to trade them in cuz ull lack variety)

[quote name='trunks982']u trade in skygunner? isnt that game rare? its by atlus.[/quote]

It's not RAREOMGZ, but its worth more than 2, maybe 20

Well I traded in three PS2 games yesterday that I picked up for $2 each at the nearby Disc Replay and traded them to EB Games (but not the same one I traded the previous day), which I turned $6 into $13, which I combined with my previous $14 credit to buy Rocket Slime for the DS used for $27.

Power Dome - $1 (Yep, this fuck game is still a dollar)

Eternal Rings - $1 (stupid package said it better then Final Fantasy...and it was only $2)

The Getaway - $1 (glad they took this one, as the package was from the Pawnshop I got Marvel Vs Capcom 2 from...and they tend to mark their packages badly).

Please Update:

From Russia with Love 007 XBox $3*
Need for Speed Most Wanted XBox $8* (dropped from $14 in Wiki)

*not sure if it's regional.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Please Update:

From Russia with Love 007 XBox $3*
Need for Speed Most Wanted XBox $8* (dropped from $14 in Wiki)

*not sure if it's regional.[/quote]

Trade values are universal from state to state.

Some new trade values for the Wiki from a trade I did on the 19th. None of them are listed on their right now.

GBA Pokemon Sapphire - $14 - 9/19/06
PS2 Medal of Honor: European Assault - $8 - 9/19/06
PS2 Tak 2: Staff of Dreams - $4 - 9/19/06

[quote name='ureadyforacold1']all the time, just wait for the 20%-30% deals, get the games 3.99 and under (2.99 if u want a larger profit margin, but itll take more work to trade them in cuz ull lack variety)[/quote]Sometimes the used games from.com are in really bad condition. Do you think they will take them anyway?

Really great deal at eb games. Just traded my old ds, which I got at release, for $70 Canadian, and my old gba sp which must be 5 years old for $40 Canadian. Added up, that's $110, making my beautiful, new, black ds lite only $40! That was the sweetest trade in deal I have ever tasted.

Sky gunner is going for like $20 on ebay. I got around $7 in store credit for it. I could've made maybe $12 more on ebay after shipping fees, charges, but didnt really care about the trouble of packing it and going to my busy post office to drop it off.

[quote name='pop311']Sometimes the used games from.com are in really bad condition. Do you think they will take them anyway?[/quote]

It would be fantastically ironic if they charged you a resurfacing fee on games that they sold you...

I just did a semi-decent trade 3 get 10 bucks thing. All these prices are after the $10 and 10% with the GS more card.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai PS2 - 4.87
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater PS2 - 8.50
Star Fox Adventures GCN - 6.08
Super Mario Sunshine GCN - 12.13
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 GCN - 12.13
Jet Set Radio Future XBOX - 3.77 (doesn't this sell for less?)
Sonic Heroes GCN - 8.50
Project Gotham Racing XBOX - 4.88
Super Mario 64 DS - 16.99

That's $77.85 in total. I wasn't expecting more than $45, honestly.

Wasn't able to stack the 3 for $10 promo but I did get the extra 40% with the GI coupon + More card. I'm content with the results.

Original trade values before bonus
Legend of Zelda: OoT/MQ - $20
Nintendogs - $15
Final Fantasy X - $9 (wiki still shows $10)

Total value after bonuses came to $62.92. Paid off Zelda for the Wii in full, and I was hoping to put the remainder towards preordering a second Wiimote but apparently my EB doesn't have Wii accessories in their computer yet, so the remainder went towards Red Steel. I'll probably move the credit from Red Steel back over to the Wiimote once I can.

This also might be the first time I've traded in games without feeling like I was completely ripped off. Praise be to CAG :lol:

[quote name='SpazX']It would be fantastically ironic if they charged you a resurfacing fee on games that they sold you...[/quote]

I got charged $2.00 for "Refurbish" when I traded in some games. :roll:

I swear the EB Games in Plainfield/Indianapolis always has jerks working at it. I grabbed 6 of the 3/$10 DVDs and take them up to the counter. The kid working there rings them up after finding them and tells me my total is $35 or something like that. I tell him it should be $18 plus tax, as the DVDs are $3 each after my 10% discount and the 3/$10. So he asks the other guy that works there if he's only supposed to give me the discount on the first 3 and then the rest are full price and the guy, of course, looks at him like he's an idiot and tells him no, the 3/$10 is good for however many sets of 3 DVDs some one wants to buy. So eventually the guy gets the price correct and I pay, then he starts using these clear stickers to seal my DVDs shut. I'm in a hurry as my wife is waiting for me next door and I don't want stickers on my DVDs anyway, so I tell him he can leave those off, but he tells me he HAS to put the stickers on my DVDs. Bullshit. I've purchased 100 DVDs at EB/GS in the last 3 months and no one else has ever put stickers on them. This kid was just being an asshole. He stands there and puts a sticker on every one of my damn DVDs while people wait behind me in line. WTF?

This was the same EB that told me that you can only get the $10 trade-in bonus once per customer and that you can't mix and match between systems. I try to give them as little of my business as possible and there's no way in hell I'll ever pre-order anything from that store again.

[quote name='SpazX']It would be fantastically ironic if they charged you a resurfacing fee on games that they sold you...[/quote]

What's ironic is when you buy a used game from them and bring it back to trade in in the exact same condition they sold it to you, and they tell you that it's too scratched up for them to accept it. The only games in my collection that are scratched up are from EB/GS.

[quote name='Rictor']I swear the EB Games in Plainfield/Indianapolis always has jerks working at it.[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite EB's is going downhill. They have a bunch of new employees and they are pretty gung-ho about the restrictions. My old standby EB which took all Sports and Jampacks during the last promo (but for some reason wouldn't stack the Edge card) had wised up and rejected my Tiger Woods DS and ESPN College Hoops 2K5. OK, no problem, those are definite YMMV. So I went to the better EB and got the new guys. They said Tiger Woods doesn't qualify - fine, no biggie again. But then they said Hot Shots Golf for PSP doesn't count, and they argued amongst themselves for 5 minutes about whether Ashpalt Urban GT for the DS counts :roll:. Anyway, they finally took that, but I had to remove another game to get my sets of 3...

Here's what I got combined at the 2 stores:

Xbox
Mech Assault 2: $2
Pac-Man World 2: $4
Rainbow Six 3: $1 (the last of my Clancy triple-pack :D)
Simspons Road Rage: $3
Soul Calibur II: $2

DS
Asphalt Urban GT: $2
Rayman: $6

PSP
MediEvil Resurrection: $7

Basically used all the credit from that to get a DDR Mario Mix as I hear they are becoming scarce again (my kids finally want one).

[quote name='tenzor']only $80 if its towards the 360, otherwise it normally gets $50 if it works and $20 if its broken.[/quote]

So its not that the 360 will cost 320 and then you can use the $50 credit from the xbox? more like the $50 xbox trade become $80?

Ok, very happy with this sale. I'll list the prices I got, then next to them the prices with the additional credit from the trade-in 3 and my 30% coupon -

Gamecube -
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $6 ($12.24)

XBOX -
Dead or Alive 3 - $2.50 ($7.25)
Destroy All Humans - $6 ($12.24)
Guilty Gear X2 - $2 ($6.52)
Mercenaries - $4 ($9.38)

PS2 -
Castle Shikigami 2 - $2 ($6.53)
Gitaroo-Man - $10 ($17.96)
Gradius III and IV - $7 ($10.81)
Klonoa 2 - $3 ($7.95)
Shadow Hearts Covenant - $16 ($26.55)
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology - $12 ($20.82)
Twisted Metal Black - $2.50 ($7.24)
Virtua fighter 4 - $1 ($5.10)

NDS -
Big Brain Academy - $8 ($15.10)
Brain Age - $8 ($15.10)

So, I got a lot more than I should have for some of these. If you look at a lot of the $1-3 titles I got in some cases double what the store even sells them for. I'm lucky in that I went in to pick up my reserve of Valyrie Profile 2 and decided to take some stuff in. The guy working, who I've seen a number of times and tends to be pretty cool, asked me if I had my coupon and I said no, but if it stacks I could just run to my house a couple miles away and pick it up so I did that. Got me reservations on Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Guitar Hero 2, and CV: Portrait of Ruin for $20. Also picked up Baten Kaitos Origins while I was there.

Now, I know it's been asked on this forum numerous times but without having to randomly peruse 49 pages (or more by now), does anyone know of good spots to go for trade fodder? $1-2 games that I can take in for quick turn around? I know Kmart is often recommended but I've never had any luck with them. Gotta get some more cash for my eventual Wii reserve (not to mention it's $60 controllers :bomb: ).

[quote name='donssword']They even took my copy of Crouching Tiger Hidden Turd for PS2 in trade. Crazy deal.[/quote]

why wouldnt they take this game...i have a couple to trade in

[quote name='Ilario7886']Ok, very happy with this sale. I'll list the prices I got, then next to them the prices with the additional credit from the trade-in 3 and my 30% coupon -

Gamecube -
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $6 ($12.24)

XBOX -
Dead or Alive 3 - $2.50 ($7.25)
Destroy All Humans - $6 ($12.24)
Guilty Gear X2 - $2 ($6.52)
Mercenaries - $4 ($9.38)

PS2 -
Castle Shikigami 2 - $2 ($6.53)
Gitaroo-Man - $10 ($17.96)
Gradius III and IV - $7 ($10.81)
Klonoa 2 - $3 ($7.95)
Shadow Hearts Covenant - $16 ($26.55)
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology - $12 ($20.82)
Twisted Metal Black - $2.50 ($7.24)
Virtua fighter 4 - $1 ($5.10)

NDS -
Big Brain Academy - $8 ($15.10)
Brain Age - $8 ($15.10)

So, I got a lot more than I should have for some of these. If you look at a lot of the $1-3 titles I got in some cases double what the store even sells them for. I'm lucky in that I went in to pick up my reserve of Valyrie Profile 2 and decided to take some stuff in. The guy working, who I've seen a number of times and tends to be pretty cool, asked me if I had my coupon and I said no, but if it stacks I could just run to my house a couple miles away and pick it up so I did that. Got me reservations on Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Guitar Hero 2, and CV: Portrait of Ruin for $20. Also picked up Baten Kaitos Origins while I was there.

Now, I know it's been asked on this forum numerous times but without having to randomly peruse 49 pages (or more by now), does anyone know of good spots to go for trade fodder? $1-2 games that I can take in for quick turn around? I know Kmart is often recommended but I've never had any luck with them. Gotta get some more cash for my eventual Wii reserve (not to mention it's $60 controllers :bomb: ).[/quote]

Wow, those are some pretty good games...I never take good game to trade into EB if I can get more on here, Ebay, or half.com. Gitaroo Man will fetch you $25 cash on here or around $30 cash on Ebay, for example.

[quote name='Ilario7886']
Now, I know it's been asked on this forum numerous times but without having to randomly peruse 49 pages (or more by now), does anyone know of good spots to go for trade fodder? $1-2 games that I can take in for quick turn around? I know Kmart is often recommended but I've never had any luck with them. Gotta get some more cash for my eventual Wii reserve (not to mention it's $60 controllers :bomb: ).[/QUOTE]

I am also having a hard time finding trade-in fodder. K-marts aren't working for me. Anybody have any other suggestions?

Just traded in three more. Two prices changed, one is the same.

Max Payne 2 (PS2) -- $0.50 [Down from $1]
LoZ: Windwaker (Gamecube) -- $7.00 [Down from $8]
Mechassault 2 (Xbox) -- $2.00

$19.50 total. I didn't get the 10% bonus though : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back