[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

[quote name='gorgonzola238']Just traded in three more. Two prices changed, one is the same.

Max Payne 2 (PS2) -- $0.50 [Down from $1]
LoZ: Windwaker (Gamecube) -- $7.00 [Down from $8]
Mechassault 2 (Xbox) -- $2.00

$19.50 total. I didn't get the 10% bonus though : /[/quote]

They wouldn't add it for you or you don't have the card? If no card, I would suggest getting one because it pays for itself in the long run.

[quote name='Machikunas']I am also having a hard time finding trade-in fodder. K-marts aren't working for me. Anybody have any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Maybe Sears - check the clearance thread that's stickied - they have some $1, $2 and $3 games (I see that Sears has PSP SSX on Tour for $7 and according to the wiki you can get $12 for it before bonuses.)

Also try garage sales, flea markets or pawn shops. (Not talking from personal experience but I know other have gotten deals that way.)

[quote name='NamPaehc']They wouldn't add it for you or you don't have the card? If no card, I would suggest getting one because it pays for itself in the long run.[/quote]

I have the card, he didn't add it. The guy I traded into last time did though.

[quote name='gorgonzola238']I have the card, he didn't add it. The guy I traded into last time did though.[/quote]

That is messed up. So crazy that they get to decide if they are going to give you bonus or not.

[quote name='Machikunas']I am also having a hard time finding trade-in fodder. K-marts aren't working for me. Anybody have any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

If you have a Gamerush around you, or even a regular Blockbuster, they might have used copies of 3 PSP games - Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout Pure, and MediEvil Resurrection. They are all $6.99 used, and HSG gets $6 at EB, MR gets $7, and I think Wipeout gets $4. Add in all the bonuses and those aren't TOO bad, though not as nice as the Kmart games :D. (For example, HSG would get $10.26 after $3.33 bonus + edge, and MR would get $11.36 - I'm not including any potential GI coupon/preorder bonus as that is YMMV in terms of stacking).

And to the guy who asked if PSP games would get you more at EB than GC, I would say, that, yes, with the deal you would get more. I haven't found GC's prices to be that great anyway - and they never have trade-in deals to make it more enticing.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Crud. It's the paper voucher.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The stores around me say they're cool with using the paper vouchers from any eb/gs at any eb/gs. So at least here it works. If it's not working for others I'd at least ask. Certainly works for me.

[quote name='danked']thx i just wish some new games were coming out before it ended[/QUOTE]

Why? Save your credit until they do come out - or, even better, use the preorder bonus (either the 10% or the GI coupon if you can get it) to reserve those games.

Ok here is the ultimate question, since my EB games is taking Wii preorders on the 9th of october, can I use the 3 for 10 deal, stacked with the 30 % deal. Another question is can I use a GS more card at EB games?

[quote name='Otherguy676']Does the 30% more trade in value deal for Final Fantasy XII stack with the trade 3 for $10 deal and the edge card?[/QUOTE]

All deals should stack with the Edge card but some stores still don't allow it. In general, you cannot stack the preorder and 3 for $10 deals though. However, as you can tell from reading through this thread, many people have been able to stack them. I have one store that has always let me stack the 10% preorder bonus with the $10 one, but I've never tried the newer preorder deals. I might give it a shot this weekend though.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ok here is the ultimate question, since my EB games is taking Wii preorders on the 9th of october, can I use the 3 for 10 deal, stacked with the 30 % deal. Another question is can I use a GS more card at EB games?[/quote]

On the second question, I've used a EB card at GS so I would think it would work. They put a sticker on it that said "Gamestop" on it afterwards next to the EB logo haha. :)

[quote name='ureadyforacold1']why wouldnt they take this game...i have a couple to trade in[/QUOTE]

They did take it. I was just surprised, given how incredibly terrible the game is.

I wanted to like CTHD, I really tried. I loved the movie CTHD. I have liked some Genki's past games. I even liked Kengo. But, no matter how many times I tried to play CTHD, I always felt that after 15 min I was P.O.d for losing 15 min of my life.

I just pwned GameStop (some might disagree).

I bought a copy of Tetris/Dr. Mario from Target and Suikoden Tactics from CC. Out of pocket, $20.

Went to GameCrazy, traded both in for $28. Spent $22 using the $4.99 B2G1 free, and bought these six games that I traded to GameStop:

(GameStop trade value before bonuses)
Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup $1.50
Starsk and Hutch $1.00
Splinter Cell $1.50
XIII $1.50
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers $1
Dark Summit $1

$7.50 before bonuses. Used my More Card, and the $10/3, AND preorderd Twilight Princess for the Wii (most games say

New totals:
Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup $4.95
Starsk and Hutch $4.40
Splinter Cell $4.95
XIII $4.95
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers $4.40
Dark Summit $14.03

Total $37.68 toward Twilight Princess out of $20, plus $6 that's sitting on my account at GameCrazy. QFA (quite fucking awesome).

Here are some trade-in prices from today:

Zoo Keeper (DS) - $3
Zelda:4 Swords (GC) - $9
Metroid Prime 2 (GC) - $6
The Incredibles (XBX) - $3
Sly 2 (PS2) - $4
Pac-Man World 2 (XBX) - $4
Harry Potter Azkaban (XBX) - $2.50
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando (PS2) - $4
Simpsons Road Rage (XBX) - $3
Soul Calibur 2 (XBX) - $2
Super Monkey Ball 2 (GC) - $6
Wario World (GC) - $5

[quote name='SpazX']Here are some trade-in prices from today:

Zoo Keeper (DS) - $3
Zelda:4 Swords (GC) - $9
Metroid Prime 2 (GC) - $6
The Incredibles (XBX) - $3
Sly 2 (PS2) - $4
Pac-Man World 2 (XBX) - $4
Harry Potter Azkaban (XBX) - $2.50
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando (PS2) - $4
Simpsons Road Rage (XBX) - $3
Soul Calibur 2 (XBX) - $2
Super Monkey Ball 2 (GC) - $6
Wario World (GC) - $5

I'm mad. One EB I go to will only give me the 3 games $10 offer without the extra Edge card 10%. Another GS I go to says you can use the $10 offer w/ 10% card OR the 30% coupon. You guys that are getting the $10 offer and the 30% + 10% GS/EB card are lucky as hell.

[quote name='Machikunas']I am also having a hard time finding trade-in fodder. K-marts aren't working for me. Anybody have any other suggestions?[/quote]

alright...i guess ill be the one to tell people. if you dont feel like flipping from .com to BBM, u can try citcuitcity.com and get lucky, or u can also go to amazon.com, look up super trucks, then look up under the "new and used" and the user "GameFunk". check out his store, sort from low to high, then search for each game in the amazon search. u CANT just click on it, u have to search for it. then click new and used. they restock bout twice every week, and have a LOT of 0-3 dollar games. I chose them cuz they have their own shipping prices, and none of that 5 dollar per item amazon price. 80 games (some were dupes, some were 3 of each, no more than 3 of each) for 160 dollars shipped...not a bad turnaround.

[quote name='addicted2games']I'm mad. One EB I go to will only give me the 3 games $10 offer without the extra Edge card 10%. Another GS I go to says you can use the $10 offer w/ 10% card OR the 30% coupon. You guys that are getting the $10 offer and the 30% + 10% GS/EB card are lucky as hell.[/quote]

Don't be greedy. Getting the 3 for $10.00 and an extra 30% is a killer deal. Some of us can't even get anything besides the 3 for $10.00.

Thanks a lot ureadyforacold1. I'm going to check that out.
Medieval Resurrection $7 psp
Strike Force Bowling $2 ps2
Mark Davis Pro Bass Fishing $3 ps2
Pinball Hall of Fame $2.50 ps2

all before bonus' applied.

Does anyone know what College Hoops 2k6 gets at EB/Stop? Thanks in advance.

Just got back from my EB after trading in 12 games.

Before bonuses (after bonuses)

Animal Crossing (GC) - $5 ($8.80)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (GC) - $8 ($12.10)
Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC) - $1.50 ($6.05)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GC) - $6 ($9.90)
Far Cry: Instincts (XB) - $6 ($9.90)
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC) - $7 ($12.10)
Brain Age (DS) - $8 ($12.10)
New Super Mario Bros. (DS) - $17 ($22)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS) - $15 ($20.90)
Advance Wars: Dual Strike (DS) - $7 ($11)
Nintendogs: Daschund and Friends (DS) - $15 ($19.80)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2) - $2 ($6.60)

After all bonuses the toal was $151.25.

After the preorder of Final Fantasy XII: Collector's Edition, and a 12 Month Game Informer Subscription / Edge Card, I have $71.77.

Good deal. :D The guy was really cool, too.

I don't know if it's been said before or not, but Naruto: Clash of Ninja for the GC gets $20 in trade in credit.

A player's choice gets $20 in trade in.

The company realized this, but since we've got a sign that says it, we're keeping it.

If you find a used one, $17.99, and use your edge card, that's $16.20 plus tax. You can turn around and trade it in at $20.00 + 10% and make 4 bucks right there. Not a lot, but it's still worth mentioning.

[quote name='reibeatall']I don't know if it's been said before or not, but Naruto: Clash of Ninja for the GC gets $20 in trade in credit.

The company realized this, but since we've got a sign that says it, we're keeping it.

If you find a used one, $17.99, and use your edge card, that's $16.20 plus tax. You can turn around and trade it in at $20.00 + 10% and make 4 bucks right there. Not a lot, but it's still worth mentioning.[/quote]

Poor Naruto games, why must they all suck?

I don't suppose anybody knows what Metal Saga trades in for? It's not really my kind of game and I'd like to get rid of it, but I'd also like to get a decent amount for it so I can take a good chunk off Valkyrie Profile 2's price. ;_;

Just got back from EB. Saw some Wii and PS3 posters on the wall with specs and hype plastered all over but no pre order date or anything. Anyway, traded in the following, the first prices are with 10% + 3 = $10 promo added.

Max Payne 2 PS2 3.85 from .50
SSX Tricky XB (Sears 2.97) 4.40 from 1.00
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within 13.20 from 8.00
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones 12.10 from 8
Mega Man X Command Mission 8.80 from 5.00
Mega Man X Collection 12.10 from 7.00

Total 54.45

Total in-store credit - 202.95!!!!!!!!

YUSSS!!!!! :bouncy::bouncy::booty::booty::applause::applause::lol::lol::roll::roll::cool::cool::drool::drool:

[quote name='yukine']Don't be greedy. Getting the 3 for $10.00 and an extra 30% is a killer deal. Some of us can't even get anything besides the 3 for $10.00.[/QUOTE]
I must have said it wrong. I CANT get any promo deals stacked. Either I choose 3 games, get $10 OR use the 30% coupon. I am jealous of the ones that are getting ALL 3 promos (3 for $10, 30% coupon, AND 10% EB/GS card) on one trade-in deal.

[quote name='addicted2games']I must have said it wrong. I CANT get any promo deals stacked. Either I choose 3 games, get $10 OR use the 30% coupon. I am jealous of the ones that are getting ALL 3 promos (3 for $10, 30% coupon, AND 10% EB/GS card) on one trade-in deal.[/QUOTE]

So, they will let you use either promo plus the 10% card, right? That's all that most of us have been able to get, too, myself included. All the same, I'm just a little bit jealous of the folks that got all three to stack. :roll:

Would it be safe to assume that you're going to get pretty close to eBay value with this deal? Looking through the trade-in wiki and figuring out all the prices I'd get for trade-in (except for a few rare instances like Mario DDR) I found that they were pretty comparable within a few dollars. Especially once you throw in the extra 10% credit. Am I crazy or is it actually worth doing this? I'm not so lazy that it bothers me to throw the games on eBay, but it seems so close in value I'm actually looking into trading the games in.

I'm going for a 360 so I'm just trying to be rational and patient.

[quote name='yoursisterspretty']Would it be safe to assume that you're going to get pretty close to eBay value with this deal? Looking through the trade-in wiki and figuring out all the prices I'd get for trade-in (except for a few rare instances like Mario DDR) I found that they were pretty comparable within a few dollars. Especially once you throw in the extra 10% credit. Am I crazy or is it actually worth doing this? I'm not so lazy that it bothers me to throw the games on eBay, but it seems so close in value I'm actually looking into trading the games in.

I'm going for a 360 so I'm just trying to be rational and patient.[/quote]

I'd say so... I mean, if you have a bunch of cruddy cheap games this is a GREAT deal because you won't be able to get much for them on Ebay anyway.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I'd say so... I mean, if you have a bunch of cruddy cheap games this is a GREAT deal because you won't be able to get much for them on Ebay anyway.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, it is significantly MORE than what you'd get via eBay on most of the games we've been listing :lol:. I consider EB credit to be less valuable than cash, but still, it is so much easier to bring in 12 crappy games to EB and trade them in in 10 minutes than to make 12 listings for $5-$10 games and deal with all that hassle.

[quote name='io']No kidding, it is significantly MORE than what you'd get via eBay on most of the games we've been listing :lol:. I consider EB credit to be less valuable than cash, but still, it is so much easier to bring in 12 crappy games to EB and trade them in in 10 minutes than to make 12 listings for $5-$10 games and deal with all that hassle.[/QUOTE]

Ignoring the zelda's here's pretty much the list of games I have minus a few that I couldn't find prices for:

Game - Trade in price - trade in plus 3.33
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - 1 - 4.33
1080 Avalanche - 1.5 - 4.83
Metroid Prime - 1.5 - 4.83
Time Splitters 2 - 1.5 - 4.83
Wave Race: Blue Storm - 1.5 - 4.83
SSX Tricky - 2 - 5.33
Starfox Adventures - 2 - 5.33
Viewtiful Joe 2 - 2 - 5.33
Chaos Field - 2.5 - 5.83
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 - 2.5 - 5.83
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - 3 - 6.33
F-Zero GX - 3 - 6.33
Beyond Good & Evil - 4 - 7.33
Geist - 4 - 7.33
Super Monkey Ball - 4 - 7.33
Alien Hominid - 5 - 8.33
Donkey Konga - 5 - 8.33
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - 5 - 8.33
Mega Man: Anniversary Collection - 5 - 8.33
Soul Calibur II - 5 - 8.33
Super Monkey Ball 2 - 6 - 9.33
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - 7 - 10.33
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - 7 - 10.33
Donkey Konga 2 - 8 - 11.33
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The - 8 - 11.33
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - 8 - 11.33
Pikmin 2 - 8 - 11.33
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones - 8 - 11.33
Resident Evil 4 - 9 - 12.33
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 10 - 13.33
Super Smash Bros. Melee - 12 - 15.33
Mario Superstar Baseball - 17 - 20.33
Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, The - 20 - 23.33
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master's Quest, The - 20 - 23.33
Mario Party 7 - 22 - 25.33

ebay prices just seem so low lately....it really seems that after ebay and paypal fees i'd be better off going the trade in route.

^^^ Yeah, honestly, you'd be lucky to beat the EB/GS prices on ebay even if those were new/sealed games (except for the Zeldas of course). And don't forget you'll get an extra 10% if you have the Edge card too. So things like Mario Baseball go from base trade-in of $17 to $22.36.

[quote name='io']^^^ Yeah, honestly, you'd be lucky to beat the EB/GS prices on ebay even if those were new/sealed games (except for the Zeldas of course). And don't forget you'll get an extra 10% if you have the Edge card too. So things like Mario Baseball go from base trade-in of $17 to $22.36.[/QUOTE]

Actually some of them are new! FF:CC, MP2, Geist, blah blah... I just have this incredible huge backlog and I'm tired of seeing it. I know I'll never get through it and like I said I'm tired of looking at it. Don't have an discount card, but I'm going to get one since it'll still save me more money. Do Edge cards work at GS now? And are they still $5? Thanks for your help.

[quote name='yoursisterspretty']Actually some of them are new! FF:CC, MP2, Geist, blah blah... I just have this incredible huge backlog and I'm tired of seeing it. I know I'll never get through it and like I said I'm tired of looking at it. Don't have an discount card, but I'm going to get one since it'll still save me more money. Do Edge cards work at GS now? And are they still $5? Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

YMMV on EB or GS cards working at the other location. Some people have done it. Last time I checked (a few weeks ago) at a GS, they told me no (on my Edge card). It is now $15, but includes a year of Game Informer magazine. However, if you intend to trade all that stuff in it is definitely worth it, as you'll more than make up for it.

You also might want to push the preorder bonus (either the coupon in GI or the 20% for preordering Zelda and a few other games) and see if they will stack all 3. As someone else pointed out earlier, if you are giving them all those trades, AND signing up for the Edge card, AND placing a preorder you are helping their numbers all over the place and they might be generous. It's worth a shot, anyway - just make sure before you leave that you actually get the $10 for every 3 games + the 30% or 20% preorder bonus if they do say it is OK. Since both of those need to be done manually (only the 10% Edge boost is automatic) it can be pretty confusing what some EB employees end up doing. It seems that more than a few CAG's have been told they got all the bonuses and but didn't actually end up with them on the receipt.

Traded in a few things today, and did pretty well with the deals running. Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins on PSP nets $16 in trade btw, before any deals, if someone wants to add it to the Wiki.

[quote name='"rictor"']Wow, those are some pretty good games...I never take good game to trade into EB if I can get more on here, Ebay, or half.com. Gitaroo Man will fetch you $25 cash on here or around $30 cash on Ebay, for example.[/quote]

Yea, as discussed in the above few posts, I looked at what I'd get on eBay and then did my EB checking with the wiki and found I'd get much more from EB after totalling up shipping/packaging/eBay fees.

Gitaroo-Man for instance is selling new on eBay for $25. Used get between $15 and $20. So, getting around $18 felt fine.

The best part of it is that I got $180 for 15 games that in total I spent $100 on. That last trade-in deal in June got me a ton of free stuff that I tried out and what I didn't care for I traded back. So the deals this year in general have worked out really well for me.

Now I'd just like to find some cheap stuff to try getting some extra credit for Wii and Wii launch titles. I hadn't considered going to Gamecrazy to do their B2G1 free on less than $5 titles. I have a couple not far from me.

Traded, in the following. All for Ps2.

Cart Fury Championship $1
Way Of The Samurai $3
UFC Throwdown $8
Gun $5
Medal Of Honor European Assualt $7
Mtx Mototrax $3
GTA Liberty Stories $11
State Of Emergency 2 $6
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory $7
Spartan Total Warrior $10
Ultimate Spiderman $6
X-men Legends 2 $7
Winning Eleven Soccer 7 $3
Sukoden IV $9
Forever Kingdom $2.50
Spongbob Revenge Flying D. $5
Legend of Alon D' $1.50
Delta Force Black Hawk Down $9

Total after bonus: $180.40!

todays:

DDR MAX 1 (PS2) -----$11
Syphon Filter (PSP)---$14
Tekken (PSP)----------$22

Total $62.70

Now if only my DDR Supernova bundle would come in at GS :bomb:

[quote name='reibeatall']I don't know if it's been said before or not, but Naruto: Clash of Ninja for the GC gets $20 in trade in credit.

If you find a used one, $17.99, and use your edge card, that's $16.20 plus tax. You can turn around and trade it in at $20.00 + 10% and make 4 bucks right there. Not a lot, but it's still worth mentioning.[/QUOTE]

Huh. I guess they must have figured it out, since my local GS only offered $7 trade-in for it last night. Wherehouse gave me $20 for it this morning though. Are you sure you've got the stores right?

[quote name='yoursisterspretty']Ignoring the zelda's here's pretty much the list of games I have minus a few that I couldn't find prices for:

Game - Trade in price - trade in plus 3.33
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - 1 - 4.33
1080 Avalanche - 1.5 - 4.83
Metroid Prime - 1.5 - 4.83
Time Splitters 2 - 1.5 - 4.83
Wave Race: Blue Storm - 1.5 - 4.83
SSX Tricky - 2 - 5.33
Starfox Adventures - 2 - 5.33
Viewtiful Joe 2 - 2 - 5.33
Chaos Field - 2.5 - 5.83
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 - 2.5 - 5.83
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - 3 - 6.33
F-Zero GX - 3 - 6.33
Beyond Good & Evil - 4 - 7.33
Geist - 4 - 7.33
Super Monkey Ball - 4 - 7.33
Alien Hominid - 5 - 8.33
Donkey Konga - 5 - 8.33
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - 5 - 8.33
Mega Man: Anniversary Collection - 5 - 8.33
Soul Calibur II - 5 - 8.33
Super Monkey Ball 2 - 6 - 9.33
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - 7 - 10.33
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - 7 - 10.33
Donkey Konga 2 - 8 - 11.33
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The - 8 - 11.33
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - 8 - 11.33
Pikmin 2 - 8 - 11.33
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones - 8 - 11.33
Resident Evil 4 - 9 - 12.33
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 10 - 13.33
Super Smash Bros. Melee - 12 - 15.33
Mario Superstar Baseball - 17 - 20.33
Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, The - 20 - 23.33
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master's Quest, The - 20 - 23.33
Mario Party 7 - 22 - 25.33

ebay prices just seem so low lately....it really seems that after ebay and paypal fees i'd be better off going the trade in route.[/quote]

alright u inspired me to get rid of most of my GC games. My backlog is insane and I should only keep the best of the best I guess. Besides, like other users said, we can always pick up these games in the future from really cheap one day probably.

[quote name='toneroni']alright u inspired me to get rid of most of my GC games. My backlog is insane and I should only keep the best of the best I guess. Besides, like other users said, we can always pick up these games in the future from really cheap one day probably.[/QUOTE]

I got rid of almost all of my GC games today. Didn't trade in Mario DDR since it goes on eBay for so much more. Kept the 3 sports games at home since I knew they didn't qualify anyway.

They don't accept Phantasy Star Online 3 and I forgot the disk to PoP:TTT at home so I was one game shy of another $10. They guy let me buy Max Payne for Xbox (2.99) and trade it back in on the same transaction. They also tried to do the extra 30% (Gears of War reserve) but they couldn't figure it out. Oh well. I did really good anyway.

Traded in Cube games and got the following:

360 Premium
Saints Row Used (but the other sales guy swapped out the used case and gave me the new one instead)
1-year warranty

All for $73.39.

I still have my Gamecube w/ Component Cables and GB Player along with a few games left to sale. Trying to decide if I should do it in a bundle or seperatly. That alone should net me another $150 on eBay I hope. Got another $50 coming for Mario DDR.

Those GS guys were the coolest ever. Seriously. And usually hate my visits to GS.

so can we trade in mix games? For example, 1 360 game, 1 Cube game and 1 PS2 game?

1. Has anyone tried to trade in FFXI (360)?

2. How much do we get for the trade in or the value of the game we can get in return?

3. Does anyone have a list of the games that GS/EB won't accept? (this thread is too long to check)

thanks.

[quote name='yoursisterspretty'] They also tried to do the extra 30% (Gears of War reserve) but they couldn't figure it out. Oh well. I did really good anyway.
[/QUOTE]

D'oh! They couldn't figure it out? Like, what, the math? It just has to be done manually like the extra $10 deal. So as they are adding the extra $10 in, they just need to add 30% of the original trade value at the same time. For example, Mario Baseball at $17: Add 30% of that + $3.33 = $8.43 for a total of $25.43. (They override the $17 with that amount). Yeah, they will probably need to use a calculator to figure it out. Then the Edge card will add another 10% automatically. If you are LUCKY, they will be lazy and add the 30% on the end (thus giving you a boost on your $10 bonus credit and possibly even the Edge boost). I've had them do this for the 10% preorder bonus once or twice, though usually they just add the 10% to the base values.

Escobar4Life - no offense, but most of your questions (well, 0 and 3 anyway, 2 is incomprehensible) are answered in the OP - no need to read the whole thread to figure it out!

I got 123 for a mix of old PS2 games and Ok PSP games. However, I found out that the DS is only trading in for 30 bucks now, and Phoenix Wright trades in for 11. Not worth it in my opinion. I was hoping to get about 150 for the DS, plus Mario Kart, Phoenix Wright, Castelvania, New Mario and Animal Crossing, instead it was like 120. Just a heads up.

got a run in today.

PSP
medievil - 7
hot shots golf - 6
wipeout pure - 4

GC
goldeneye rogue agent - 4
baten kaitos - 7

PS2
eyetoy antigrav w eyetoy - 4 (without eyetoy was 2.50, eyetoy alone was .50, so I traded together and got an extra buck)

now here is the kicker... employee didnt know about the GI 30% coupon so after the $20 bonus for the 6 games, 10% from edge card, he tacked on the 30% manually for a grand total 74.80 which went all towards the FF12 collectors edition (64.94 w tax). [are they not supposed to charge tax if you buy with credit in the same transaction? or is it always taxed regardless in CA?] Was a really good day. Employee even commented "you really know how to take advantage of the trade in deals..." the whole while I was thinking that I should have just traded in a bunch more to make out on the extra 30%, but oh well.

Is there preorder goodies for FF12?

i have a question. the tom clancy classic trilogy they have at kmart for $4. could you seperate the 3 discs to get the extra ten?

has anyone tried it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back