**UPDATED** $150 PS3, what should I do?

machoman_93

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Well, I was on recycler.com looking at the various video game ads and I saw one that had a picture of tons of PS3's and a game. The price was $150 and there was contact information. So I sent him an email thinking maybe this is a scam. Here is the Email:

Hello,
We sell the Brand New Playstation 3 at just $150,it comes with the complete accessories and 1 year international warranty.
We do ship Via fedex or UPS courier carrier services within 48 hours deliver services the cost is $30...Do get back to us with your full shipping address and how many unit you want to buy in the next following email?.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks

*hidden* wrote:
hello, im interested in your ps3. Is it an actually real complete ps3 or what? can you please describe it for me in further detail? Thank you.

So I'm thinking... this listing is local. I can just ask to pick it up because it in Los Angeles, a 20 minute drive. But I don't know.... sooo can I have anyone's opinion on this and what I should try to do? Thanks for your help in advance.

***EDIT***

Well, after searching on google I found some of his other ads. AD #1 AD #2 AD #3
They list his adress and contact information, all of his ads list the same info. So im thinking this might me legit. They're $150 so maybe they're "hot" but I don't really care.... Right now I'm waiting for him to email me back to see if I can pick up.....

If you can pick it up then I might give it a shot (at a public place in the middle of the day) otherwise I'd just assume it's a scam.

[quote name='javeryh']If you can pick it up then I might give it a shot (at a public place in the middle of the day) otherwise I'd just assume it's a scam.[/quote]

Yeap, if its online only then its a scam. But if you can physically go to the location and buy it then go for it!

[quote name='jughead']$150 PS3?!? Hmm... I would be scared they would hold me up for my 150 bones when I went for a pickup. Good luck.[/quote]

Yea...thats exactly what I was thinking. I mean...aren't there gangs? So thats why I'm doing what this guy said :

[quote name='javeryh']If you can pick it up then I might give it a shot (at a public place in the middle of the day) otherwise I'd just assume it's a scam.[/quote]

I doubt they are going to give you an address to come pick it up. Looks like a scam to me.

I wouldn't bother either way.

Well, after searching on google I found some of his other ads. AD #1 AD #2 AD #3
They list his adress and contact information, all of his ads list the same info. So im thinking this might me legit. They're $150 so maybe they're "hot" but I don't really care.... Right now I'm waiting for him to email me back to see if I can pick up.....

Where I'm from, we don't say hot...we say, "They fell off the back of a truck..."

Jeesh...

Either way, buy something from a thief at your own peril. Remember, if they are stolen, the person you are dealing with would just as likely steal from you.

If they are not stolen ( I find that many new looking ps3's hard to be stolen)

They are probably resellers from other countries. I had sold a few GPS units on ebay and got close to 10 emails from importers looking to sell me "wholesale" ps3's etc from China etc.

They had full websites etc.

Most likely will malfunction shortly after getting it.

From personal experience, it's a scam, and yes I have been scam for a lot more. If it's something too good to be true, it always is, always. Courier service, also part of the scam, and for the cheap price of $30 two day international shipping, though in scams it's usually free. Also, International Warranty, Sony doesn't offer any kind of International Warranty, and you need a valid proof of purchase, a actual prinited recepit, handwritten ones aren't accepted as valid proof of purchase, this is a pure classic scam.

This sound too good to be true.. What idiot is going to sell a PS3 for $150? They want to make money, not lose it, right??

Yes, please do buy A $150 PS3 FROM SOME GUY.

Then when you get your broken, stolen PS3, please post how you feel. It would really brighten my day.

You ass.

bread's done
Back