*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
i got my bestbuy to price match lollipop chain saw from gamestop ($40) and they let me use my gamers coupon for $20 off of the game, so it only ran me $20. i also price matched the toys r us, buy 2 for $60, so i got sleeping dogs & darksiders 2, i also got back $10 from the witcher 2, since the price droped the past few days. so with $48 bucks store credit and $10 back on the witcher 2, i picked up...... sleeping dogs, darksiders 2, lollipop chainsaw, and the witcher 2, all for about $30 bucks.

[quote name='intoxicated662']If you had amazon prime before FREE from being a student or mom, you can renew amazon prime for $39 a year and it'll include all of the full benefits which helps out people like myself. Amazon Prime Instant Video is a big plus along with 2 day shipping..that itself is worth the $ I say.[/QUOTE]
At $40 a year I might consider it IF I had a connection good enough for the instant video portion of it. But then once it goes back up to the full $80 after that year I'd likely drop it.

To me, I've thought of the fees to join various programs and stores(see: Sam's Club, BJ's Wholesale, Amazon Prime) from the standpoint of how many items I could've bought on a good sale/clearance that I find randomly with those fees. Once I calculate it that way it just doesn't make sense to pay a company or store $50-100 for a membership for one year when I could use that money on gas and buying stuff I'll actually use and get some real enjoyment out of instead of buying bulk grocery items or having my shit shipped to me a lil quicker than usual.:whistle2:#

[quote name='kouleefoh']yea, but prime applies to more than just games.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but as I said, most stuff I buy on amazon are more than $25, and I always plan my purchases so that I am never in a urgent state needing something. It's just my calculations on the behavior of my purchases, but with as much as $80 a year it is worth investigating whether it's absolutely necessary or not.

True, but I think you could still split the cost of Amazon Prime with someone else or others and just use the Instant Video part if you wanted to. At least i'd like to do that..any takers? :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']At $40 a year I might consider it IF I had a connection good enough for the instant video portion of it. But then once it goes back up to the full $80 after that year I'd likely drop it.[/QUOTE]

For students, it's actually the first year that's free (well, 6 months now since they changed it) and every recurring year while still in school $40. So for a freshman who enters the service, they would save $200 over the 4 years enrolled in Prime, paying $120 instead of $320. Of course, it's only worth it if you actually buy from Amazon frequently.

I just wished Prime status could be shared over worldwide branches of Amazon. Ordering stuff while in Japan would have been easier :cry:

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Does anybody know which page on this thread discusses the PC/MAC games that are ringing up for free? I'm wondering how this works?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

i believe the deal is dead, but if you have free time to test the deal, go ahead

[quote name='TooPoor']Yeah but as I said, most stuff I buy on amazon are more than $25, and I always plan my purchases so that I am never in a urgent state needing something. It's just my calculations on the behavior of my purchases, but with as much as $80 a year it is worth investigating whether it's absolutely necessary or not.[/QUOTE]
Most of the time, I don't mind waiting for my orders. But it's nice to know they'll arrive in 2 business days, sometimes 1 day if they ship out from a warehouse near me. $80 would make me hesitate a little, especially since I don't use their video service. But I got it for $40 with the student thing. That's a no brainer.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Does anybody know which page on this thread discusses the PC/MAC games that are ringing up for free? I'm wondering how this works?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I believe all the games went up in price to $30.

can someone let me know if we can use the prototype coupon for the CE, if so is it even worth it to be honest? it just looks like a big case with an artbook and all dlc...dlc which seems to be sort of ehh....or would it be better to wait for a 10 dollar deal. thanks.

[quote name='paayter']can someone let me know if we can use the prototype coupon for the CE, if so is it even worth it to be honest? it just looks like a big case with an artbook and all dlc...dlc which seems to be sort of ehh....or would it be better to wait for a 10 dollar deal. thanks.[/QUOTE]
(1) You can, no override needed.
(2) "Worth it" is subjective.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Picked up Battlefield 3 Limited Edition :ps3: for free today with no problems. Thats my second free game from @Gamer, keep it up Best Buy :)[/QUOTE]

?

[quote name='TooPoor'](1) You can, no override needed.
(2) "Worth it" is subjective.[/QUOTE]

what do YOUUU think, pay 30 for the CE or wait for 10 dollar deal.

[quote name='confoosious']?[/QUOTE]

1st being Deadliest Warrior, I jumped on it before they raised it back up to $24.99...if that what you were referring to by "?".

I don't know how you guys are getting Battlefield 3 for free, it rings up as $39.99 at my store. I did get one of the OSX games, though (on Sunday), which is also my 2nd free game, the first also being Deadliest Warrior.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']1st being Deadliest Warrior, I jumped on it before they raised it back up to $24.99...if that what you were referring to by "?".[/QUOTE]

uhh no i think he was referring to how the hell did u get bf3 pe for free? should have cost you 30?

edit my mistake...you got the limited, good deal, BUT how did u get bf3 for free if its 39.99 retail

[quote name='paayter']uhh no i think he was referring to how the hell did u get bf3 pe for free? should have cost you 30?[/QUOTE]

limited edition =/= premium edition

[quote name='jeffthebeast']I just picked up the Prototype 2 collectors edition with steel case and poster for $ 31.49 at my local bestbuy using the $30 off coupon. Also picked up ME3 CE for 30 using 20 off coupon.[/QUOTE]

did u get the xbox 360? or ps3 version, and did it scan ok without any hiccups, i know my local best buy has a few me3 ce as well, i might pick that up if no problems otherwise will wait for a 10 dollar or free me 3

[quote name='confoosious']BF3 was $39.99 ---> $9.99 for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='paayter']uhh no i think he was referring to how the hell did u get bf3 pe for free? should have cost you 30?

edit my mistake...you got the limited, good deal, BUT how did u get bf3 for free if its 39.99 retail[/QUOTE]

Limited Edition is only $29.99 - $30 OFF @Gamer coupon = Free :)

Very YMMV as the LE is rare but It has been mentioned by others in this thread as well.

so i dont get this how come the collectors editions version of the games in the gamer mag are scanning fine, but tekken collectors edition was having such trouble scanning and i was denied?

[quote name='paayter']did u get the xbox 360? or ps3 version, and did it scan ok without any hiccups[/QUOTE]

I got the Prototype 2 CE PS3 version and no, it did not scan okay without any hiccups. I used the printout from the BB forums showing that it WAS able to be used with the coupon.. took a while and had a bit of a fight but they eventually gave in

[quote name='Scorch']I got the Prototype 2 CE PS3 version and no, it did not scan okay without any hiccups. I used the printout from the BB forums showing that it WAS able to be used with the coupon.. took a while and had a bit of a fight but they eventually gave in[/QUOTE]

are you trolling or are you for real because some people are reporting just scan and it works, slickdeals also confirming it worked without a hitch...weird.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Limited Edition is only $29.99 - $30 OFF @Gamer coupon = Free :)

Very YMMV as the LE is rare but It has been mentioned by others in this thread as well.[/QUOTE]

Huh. Had no idea. I'll look out for the LE. Thanks.

[quote name='confoosious']Huh. Had no idea. I'll look out for the LE. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Most stores sold out of the LE when B3 was on the RZ offers page a few months ago. They are still out there, but most stores got wiped out.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']At $40 a year I might consider it IF I had a connection good enough for the instant video portion of it. But then once it goes back up to the full $80 after that year I'd likely drop it.

To me, I've thought of the fees to join various programs and stores(see: Sam's Club, BJ's Wholesale, Amazon Prime) from the standpoint of how many items I could've bought on a good sale/clearance that I find randomly with those fees. Once I calculate it that way it just doesn't make sense to pay a company or store $50-100 for a membership for one year when I could use that money on gas and buying stuff I'll actually use and get some real enjoyment out of instead of buying bulk grocery items or having my shit shipped to me a lil quicker than usual.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I've actually just signed up for Prime Student (used my free time up already), in part because I was tired of paying the 7.99 plus tax for Netflix Instant Streaming. Amazon's $39 for 12 months work out pretty well compared to the $96 + tax I was paying Netflix. Netflix's catalog is better, but not two-and-a-half times better. I don't have cable, but I do have a good internet connection, so having an instant video service is a good substitute.

The two-day free shipping is just icing on the cake, really. And if I just want to buy a $14.99 game or book, I don't have to wait a while until I find something else I want--or worse, add something else I didn't plan on buying--to get free shipping.

When my poor starving grad student days are over, I'll be able to afford the full-price service, whichever service it may be. Or get cable again... but THAT is what I would consider a waste of money. ;)

Sweet gonna go to a couple best buys to see if they'll hook me up with a mag since I don't receive this months due to signing up in August

Has anyone in California not received their magazine yet? I've been a member for about 5 months and I've always received it on time, except for this month.
Is it worth it to call the nagazine's customer service to see if they can send me a new one? Does anyone have the phone number?
Thanks!

I'm from Sac area and I got mines on the 1st.

I personally don't know how long it'll take for them to resend you the magazine but might as well right?

For non subscribers there's now wording right on the cover of the mag that yyou get the 1st issue in-store for free just have them scan the mag in the same transaction.

[quote name='Enuf']For non subscribers there's now wording right on the cover of the mag that yyou get the 1st issue in-store for free just have them scan the mag in the same transaction.[/QUOTE]

You mean people haven't been getting the mag for free when signing up all this time?

[quote name='JayRooster']What increments does best buy sell kindle cards in?[/QUOTE]

$25 and $50

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I believe all the games went up in price to $30.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys for confirming. I couldn't find the star wars mac pac online anywhere. But I believe I did see it for 30 in store.

Looks like I'm passing on the mac pack.

Will just grab BF3 which will be my second copy. I need a copy for the xbox. I'll also grab ME3 for the backlog.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']With the lack of 'omg insane' deals that I'd bother with on Amazon over the last year or so it would be a huge waste of $80(real cash btw, they won't allow you to use credit that's on your account from trade-ins:roll: or I might've considered it;)). A few years ago it might've been a decent investment, but there's really no games I see myself having a desire to play RIGHT NOW that I can't just wait to hit clearance and grab then.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Amazon use to be my "go to" place for deals on games and blu-rays. Lately BB has been killing them in the game dept. and about tied on the blu-ray deals,since amazon almost always seems to match them on that. Plus their movie list sucks on their free movie rentals (then again I wasn't very happy with Netflix either,so maybe I'm just picky).

[quote name='paayter']are you trolling or are you for real because some people are reporting just scan and it works, slickdeals also confirming it worked without a hitch...weird.[/QUOTE]

He's not trolling. PS3 version of Prototype 2 CE didn't scan with the discount after coupon when I tried to buy it on Monday either. I was also getting two BF3 LEs for free in the same transaction (with coupons) so I wasn't going push it. Dunno if it's the PS3 version having issues, or if multiple coupons in one transaction affects the discount or whatever, but there is an element of YMMV when it comes to the PS3 version of Prototype 2 CE apparently...

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Thanks guys for confirming. I couldn't find the star wars mac pac online anywhere. But I believe I did see it for 30 in store.

Looks like I'm passing on the mac pack.

Will just grab BF3 which will be my second copy. I need a copy for the xbox. I'll also grab ME3 for the backlog.[/QUOTE]

When I was picking up the free Mac games, I did notice that the Star Wars Mac Pack was 40?...too bad because I'd love to have a free copy of KotOR :)

No, you weren't picky. The movie list from Amazon really does suck. I rarely buy anything from Amazon anymore. According to my order history, it shows.

2012 - 12 orders placed

2011 - 57 orders placed :hot: :lol:

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Limited Edition is only $29.99 - $30 OFF @Gamer coupon = Free :)

Very YMMV as the LE is rare but It has been mentioned by others in this thread as well.[/QUOTE]

Gotta keep an eye open for this then. I don't personally have a PS3, but I can pick up a copy for my cousin if its free.

[quote name='FinderKeeper']I've actually just signed up for Prime Student (used my free time up already), in part because I was tired of paying the 7.99 plus tax for Netflix Instant Streaming. Amazon's $39 for 12 months work out pretty well compared to the $96 + tax I was paying Netflix. Netflix's catalog is better, but not two-and-a-half times better. I don't have cable, but I do have a good internet connection, so having an instant video service is a good substitute.

The two-day free shipping is just icing on the cake, really. And if I just want to buy a $14.99 game or book, I don't have to wait a while until I find something else I want--or worse, add something else I didn't plan on buying--to get free shipping.

When my poor starving grad student days are over, I'll be able to afford the full-price service, whichever service it may be. Or get cable again... but THAT is what I would consider a waste of money. ;)[/QUOTE]
See, I view it in the exact opposite direction. I order enough from them that free 2-day shipping has more than paid for the cost of prime (full priced prime even...) and the instant video service is just icing that I've only used a handful of times, plus their free book service through Kindle.

[quote name='krashhole']No, you weren't picky. The movie list from Amazon really does suck. I rarely buy anything from Amazon anymore. According to my order history, it shows.

2012 - 12 orders placed

2011 - 57 orders placed :hot: :lol:[/QUOTE]

Actually, my history looks sorta like this but that's cause Black Friday hasn't happened yet this year. :) EDIT: Looked it up, some how my orders have gone UP this year. I've bought a lot more than I thought I did... last year I did less than 20 items (most of them at black friday after I got my prime...) this year I'm already over 30.

Well, amazon has become a little less appealing for instant purchases because they have significantly reduced their amount of $20 pre order credits. Still, though, they tend to price match any non-coupon deal / sale going on.

We're all just getting spoiled by these high value 9.99 deals monthly by Best Buy thanks to their coupons...

[quote name='krashhole']No, you weren't picky. The movie list from Amazon really does suck. I rarely buy anything from Amazon anymore. According to my order history, it shows.

2012 - 12 orders placed

2011 - 57 orders placed :hot: :lol:[/QUOTE]
Yes, Amazon is a joke now. Best Buy has taken over as my "go to."

I feel bad for all the people that stocked up on Amazon credit.

I was curious to see what my order history looked like from amazon.

2012-17 orders placed
2011- 114 orders placed
2010- 109 orders placed

Yeah amazon has sure gone downhill.

bread's done
Back